Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-02-14 09:25AM
gbgorr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gbgorr Click here to Send gbgorr a Private Message Visit gbgorr's homepage! Find more posts by gbgorr Add gbgorr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gbgorr
Hitting Paint

Thoughts on Kmart as a commentator?

What do you think of Kevin as a commentator?

He seems to know when not to talk as well as when too. Hope he gives us more insight into strategy and options.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-02-14 09:50AM
gbgorr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gbgorr Click here to Send gbgorr a Private Message Visit gbgorr's homepage! Find more posts by gbgorr Add gbgorr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gbgorr
Hitting Paint

Good post, agree with all of it.
Thanks for answering.

11-02-14 11:35AM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

Re: Re: Thoughts on Kmart as a commentator?

Love what I've seen so far. He doesn't feel the need to constantly prove his worth like the others. He's confident and self- assured.

I wonder about things, like, if we call an orange an "orange," then why don't we call a banana a "yellow" or an apple a "red"? Blueberries I understand, but will someone explain gooseberries to me?

11-02-14 11:44AM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

I appreciate that he only talks when there is a need, unlike those other clowns that yap so much they miss what is going on.

11-02-14 01:26PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

I commented on Kevin's arrival on another thread. I like him a lot. Very professional. Joan......well, where did I put that duct tape.

11-02-14 06:17PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Knowledgeable & entertaining at the same time. Does not prattle on like hundreds of other sportscasters.

Like his honesty when seeing dubious strategy.

11-03-14 03:44AM
Loony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loony Click here to Send Loony a Private Message Find more posts by Loony Add Loony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loony
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
I commented on Kevin's arrival on another thread. I like him a lot. Very professional. Joan......well, where did I put that duct tape.

Hope you've got enough duct tape for Mike Harris too. He prattles on more than Joan does.

11-03-14 07:39AM
gbgorr
Hitting Paint

Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on Kmart as a commentator?

quote:
Originally posted by radiowave
Love what I've seen so far. He doesn't feel the need to constantly prove his worth like the others. He's confident and self- assured.

Right on the money with that comment.

11-03-14 07:41AM
Vkrajac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vkrajac Click here to Send Vkrajac a Private Message Find more posts by Vkrajac Add Vkrajac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vkrajac
Harvey Hacksmasher

I think Kevin is still a little bit stiff and uncomfortable, but that will probably come good very soon. I always preferred TSN's coverage anyway.

11-03-14 02:25PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

I thought his commenting was excellent.

11-04-14 07:48AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Finally, an experienced, intelligent point of view from this century, all done without giggling like a little school girl or reminding me of Peter Griffin from Family Guy. Let Joan, or anyone else, do the on ice interviews and updates and let Kevin have all the air time he needs or wants. Sometimes less is more.

11-04-14 07:52AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Finally, an experienced, intelligent point of view from this century, all done without giggling like a little school girl or reminding me of Peter Griffin from Family Guy. Let Joan, or anyone else, do the on ice interviews and updates and let Kevin have all the air time he needs or wants. Sometimes less is more.

100% in agreement with this post. Kevin just posted on twitter that he enjoyed his first curling event in the broadcast booth. Reposts and replies have been very supportive.

11-04-14 09:12PM
rbi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbi Click here to Send rbi a Private Message Find more posts by rbi Add rbi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbi
Hitting Paint

I really enjoyed his specific comments during the women's final about calling the right shots according to the end and scoreboard.