Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
ProCurlingWear - Create Your Design
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Deliverer
Harvey Hacksmasher

FRESCA. What in the world are you talking about? What's not caring about distant, past legends, Richard's 400 hits etc. Sandra's career being extended etc. etc. have to do with M.L's ORIGINAL statement? NOTHING!

And you 'side' with M.L. that Jones and Homan have been the stars over the last 10-15 years or 'what floats your boat'?

That's strange.

Since HE NEVER MADE THAT PARTICULAR STATEMENT, how could you possible agree with it? Do you frequently agree with non-existing statements?

And while your mulling that over, I'm sure everybody would be interested how you came up with the numbers you quote.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-11-16 04:56PM
Deliverer is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Harvey Hacksmasher

Winning prize?

How much prize money do the winning teams take home?

Old Post 12-11-16 05:03PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Click here to Send Observer a Private Message Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Harvey Hacksmasher

They keep saying that Cathy O played Third for Muirhead when she won the Player's Championship. No - she played Second and Vicki played Third. Cathy held the broom when Eve threw her rocks.

Old Post 12-11-16 05:05PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Winning prize?

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
How much prize money do the winning teams take home?

$30,000

Old Post 12-11-16 05:06PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

Is Cathy starting to call the shots?

Old Post 12-11-16 05:12PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Harvey Hacksmasher

Well at least you've now got the grade 2 math correct.

20 takeaway 8 does equal 12. Congratulations.

But wait..... 2016 take away 12 years = What?

Isn't that the year Colleen won the Scotties for the 6th time?

No response is required. Go help your friend, Fresca, instead.

Old Post 12-11-16 05:33PM
Deliverer is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Hitting Paint

AJAY....do you not hear all the other players comment, suggest, call or just not a COC fan?

Old Post 12-11-16 06:05PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

Too much "I want" in her suggestions as a guest third on a foreign rink, in my opinion.

Old Post 12-11-16 06:18PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
FRESCA. What in the world are you talking about? What's not caring about distant, past legends, Richard's 400 hits etc. Sandra's career being extended etc. etc. have to do with M.L's ORIGINAL statement? NOTHING!

And you 'side' with M.L. that Jones and Homan have been the stars over the last 10-15 years or 'what floats your boat'?

That's strange.

Since HE NEVER MADE THAT PARTICULAR STATEMENT, how could you possible agree with it? Do you frequently agree with non-existing statements?

And while your mulling that over, I'm sure everybody would be interested how you came up with the numbers you quote.

jif you click on the
curlingzone> chat formums>general curling>rock talk url above you will see the interest in those 3 topics. .. as i listed

pretty sure im sticking to my picks - but thx for posting

nice ring on Cathy o's finger. ... !!!
cheers

Old Post 12-11-16 06:39PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

congrats to team einarson. they really appear to be hitting their stride now after a really miserable first couple of months where they were barely winning matches.

if they can carry this form into provincials they'll be a tough out even for jones. however jones is still the favorite. i dont see anyone else giving jones or einarson a serious challenge right now. maybe if they have a bad game or 2 but thats it.

Old Post 12-11-16 06:57PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Harvey Hacksmasher

second commercial. Humptys.

Dear Humprey Humpty - do you actually think smelly bowling shoes, hockey gear , and stinky stuff would entice me to your restaurant for an omelet ??

I second that. There is absolutely nothing appealing about this ad, and I have no plans to ever enter a humpty's. sponsorship is one thing. Insulting the viewers is another.

Old Post 12-11-16 06:58PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Kudos for Kerri

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
congrats to team einarson. they really appear to be hitting their stride now after a really miserable first couple of months where they were barely winning matches.

if they can carry this form into provincials they'll be a tough out even for jones. however jones is still the favorite. i dont see anyone else giving jones or einarson a serious challenge right now. maybe if they have a bad game or 2 but thats it.

Job well done Kerri E. Don't know if team is hitting their stride but Kerri herself is really coming out of her shell, making magnificent shot after shot. McCuish & Fyfe kinda shrivelled up vs. world class performer Tirinzoni and Katz lost the battle of 3rds but Einarson out-duelled Silvana to be sure.

Don't think Jennifer Jones is trembling in her boots as she knows her front end is vastly superior (and far stronger brushers) than Kerri's - as you say only hope for anyone other than Einarson or Jones is if Kerri's team really lets her down - or Jones goes into Salvation Army Donation Mode like last 2 games in Sault. Ste. Marie.

Right now I'd put the favourite tag on JJ but not by as much as most would expect. Right now I'd lay odds of 60% JJ, 33% Einarson and 7% balance of field.

Old Post 12-11-16 07:30PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Western Newbie
second commercial. Humptys.

Dear Humprey Humpty - do you actually think smelly bowling shoes, hockey gear , and stinky stuff would entice me to your restaurant for an omelet ??

I second that. There is absolutely nothing appealing about this ad, and I have no plans to ever enter a humpty's. sponsorship is one thing. Insulting the viewers is another.

Actually most restaurants are filthy. Humpty's is just reinforcing the stereotype. My buddy at the co-op delivers part time for a Chinese food shop - says he's sickened by all the blood over the place when the Chinese cooks start slitting the chickens throats and other body parts.

Old Post 12-11-16 07:32PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

ughhhh, Humpty's.

I stopped for a coffee only as I hit the road, I probably could have done better with a little hot water and mud and from the parking lot.

And while I'm in the mood, perhaps just me, but why didn't someone on the production end remind Jennifer Jones that Continental----contains 2 T's ? rather than letting her go with "the Conninnenal Cup" ? in her "Join us in Vegas" promo.

Old Post 12-12-16 01:45AM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Since we are bashing advertisers, I think WFG is insulting every step-mother and child who do have a great relationship,

Old Post 12-12-16 05:30PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzwanzig
Harvey Hacksmasher

During the men's final of the National, especially the last end, seemed to me that Braeden Moskowy was looking rather pointedly at one spot in the stands. Anyone else notice that? I wondered if he was being heckled or just trying to look into the distance rather than the ice (since at that point he was missing shots).

Old Post 12-12-16 09:21PM
jzwanzig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jzwanzig Click here to Send jzwanzig a Private Message Find more posts by jzwanzig Add jzwanzig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jzwanzig
During the men's final of the National, especially the last end, seemed to me that Braeden Moskowy was looking rather pointedly at one spot in the stands. Anyone else notice that? I wondered if he was being heckled or just trying to look into the distance rather than the ice (since at that point he was missing shots). [/QUOTE

Now that I think about it you're absolutely right. He was looking rather pointedly at one spot in the stands. Perhaps he was being heckled because he really did rather poorly on his last couple of shots. He looked angry actually.

Old Post 12-13-16 02:09PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote