Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-06-13 09:59AM
mgulseth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mgulseth Click here to Send mgulseth a Private Message Find more posts by mgulseth Add mgulseth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mgulseth
Harvey Hacksmasher

draw

Looking closer at the draw schedule, I see another problem. After Men's draw 5, it is correctly listed as the halfway point for the men. However, the next mens draw is listed as Men's draw 7 instead of mens draw 6. Like a few people were saying earlier, after the re-seed there are only 3 mens draws listed. They really need 5 listed if they are going to completely play out the double round robin. Think about this- with the re-seed at the halfway point, the most important game (in theory) should happen last- in the last draw- the 10th draw. That should be team 1 vs. team 2. They do have a couple openings in the schedule to remedy this. Tuesday night at 7pm, only 2 women's games are scheduled- that could be Men's draw 6. Thursday at 2:30 is listed as women's tiebreaker 1, but would have sheets open for Men's draw 10. Maybe they have ammended this schedule already, but this one seems impossible.

MarkG

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-06-13 11:15AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Re: draw

quote:
Originally posted by mgulseth
Looking closer at the draw schedule, I see another problem. After Men's draw 5, it is correctly listed as the halfway point for the men. However, the next mens draw is listed as Men's draw 7 instead of mens draw 6. Like a few people were saying earlier, after the re-seed there are only 3 mens draws listed. They really need 5 listed if they are going to completely play out the double round robin... Maybe they have ammended this schedule already, but this one seems impossible.

MarkG

That is exactly what jh has been saying -- it takes 10 draws to play a double RR. In each RR, each team plays 4 games and has 1 bye -- so 5 draws to complete a single RR and 10 draws for a double RR. "Maybe they have amended this schedule" but it would be nice if USCA would publish a complete and correct schedule.

11-06-13 02:26PM
MNIceman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MNIceman Click here to Send MNIceman a Private Message Visit MNIceman's homepage! Find more posts by MNIceman Add MNIceman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNIceman
Hitting Paint

The only things missing from the PDF draw sheet on the USCA website are that Tues at 7:00pm will be the Men's 6th draw and Thursday at 2:30 is the Men's 10th draw.

This is a big event with lots of things going on. Can't expect the USCA to have every little detail like who plays who and when figured out already

Try the actual Trials website for the complete listing of draw times (but not who plays who). http://2014usacurlingtrials.com/eve.../draw-schedule/

11-06-13 03:39PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Good point about USCA... not sure why we have learned to expect more when we seem to all too often get less

11-06-13 05:32PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
Good point about USCA... not sure why we have learned to expect more when we seem to all too often get less

Damn, really wish there was a "like" button.

For those that will be watching the webcast, we need to have an over/under set for the games featuring team Clark. How many times will Tuck tell us that Brady is from ND during a webcast.

Last edited by jhcurl on 11-06-13 at 05:58PM

11-06-13 06:35PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

OK, I stand corrected. There is something amiss. In my defense, I was looking at my work schedule.

M1 Sun 1
M2 Sun 7
M3 Mon noon
M4 Mon 7
M5 Tue noon
halfway reseed
M6 Tue 7
M7 Wed noon
M8 Wed 7
M9 Thur 9am...they have me working in the morning which is not allowed
M10 Thur 2:30

Any chance that the two Finalists will be determined at the end of Men's 9? I'm thinking about a good nap. Tiebreakers are far more likely, but a nap is possible. The Ladies' final RR (w6) is Thursday morning at 9am.

Ben Tucker
Any constructive suggestions are appreciated. If you want me to sing to you, however, it will cost you cash money paid in advance.

11-08-13 04:03PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Fargo NC??

Tuck is going to be disappointed the trials are now in Fargo, NC per the scoreboard. CZ, ND = North Dakota.

11-08-13 04:40PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: Fargo NC??

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar
Tuck is going to be disappointed the trials are now in Fargo, NC per the scoreboard. CZ, ND = North Dakota.

Thanks - fixed now

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

11-10-13 03:42PM
Curlrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlrock Click here to Send Curlrock a Private Message Find more posts by Curlrock Add Curlrock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlrock
Harvey Hacksmasher

Is there an issue with the streaming being intermittent? Maybe it is a bad connection on my end.

11-10-13 03:45PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Curlrock
Is there an issue with the streaming being intermittent? Maybe it is a bad connection on my end.

The stream is poor. I switched to the women's game on TSN.

11-10-13 04:40PM
curlny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlny Click here to Send curlny a Private Message Find more posts by curlny Add curlny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlny
Hitting Paint

curling zone has score of mccormick at 8-5, on "live feed" its 6-3
FAIL

11-10-13 08:39PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

Still "buffering" and repeating or echoing, but much better than this afternoon.

11-10-13 10:47PM
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Gave up watching with all the buffering/repeating. Worked much better last year on TESN

11-10-13 10:58PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Can hardly believe Clark is playing so poorly right now.

11-11-13 10:19AM
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Kind of worrisome when 2 of USA's best skips shoot 59% on the same draw.

11-11-13 11:40AM
TakeItOut! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TakeItOut! Click here to Send TakeItOut! a Private Message Visit TakeItOut!'s homepage! Find more posts by TakeItOut! Add TakeItOut! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TakeItOut!
Hitting Paint

Worked on the stream last night - hoping it will be better today

So BA and I spent the hours after the late draw working with the intermediary that's helping us put the stream on. We think we've got both the buffering and skipping/repeating issues fixed. We'll see if the changes we made make a difference (they did in late night testing) at noon CST today.

Stick with us. We'll do what we can to make each draw better.

Joe

11-11-13 12:21PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

The current video stream of them scraping is much better!

11-11-13 02:04PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

Crashed completely.....12:50 or so.

11-11-13 02:08PM
MNIceman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MNIceman Click here to Send MNIceman a Private Message Visit MNIceman's homepage! Find more posts by MNIceman Add MNIceman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNIceman
Hitting Paint

quote:
Crashed completely.....12:50 or so.

Same for me. I'm sure the TESN guys will figure it out eventually. Hope the people they are working with for hosting the streaming are helpful and know what they are doing.

11-11-13 02:45PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

Back up. Guys keep the scores on the left side somewhat up to current. A couple ends behind now.

11-11-13 03:25PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Clark now 0-3. Finishing 5-3 is not going to get it done I think. They are into the spoiler role.

Shuster looking the strongest right now.

11-11-13 04:02PM
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Videocast is better but still too much buffering/echoing. Hard for an experiened curler to watch. Certainly not going to attract new viewers to our game unless quality issues are resolved.

11-11-13 04:32PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

George rink has come back and posted 2 really great wins over fenson and clark. Plys curled 100% against brady, that's impressive.

11-11-13 05:16PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

I had no issues with buffering other than that one crash. No repeating, echoing etc. the second half of the game. I think they have it fixed.

Where are the standings on the USA Curling site? CZ is a bit slow on the update so I went to the site and can't find them anywhere. I am sure I am overlooking the spot.

George has come back, I was thinking it was Shuster or McCormick, but now may have to give George a chance as well. I see Craig Brown is his 5th. I still think Shuster is the best shot to win next month for the Olympic qualifier at this time in the competition.

11-11-13 05:26PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
I had no issues with buffering other than that one crash. No repeating, echoing etc. the second half of the game. I think they have it fixed.

Where are the standings on the USA Curling site? CZ is a bit slow on the update so I went to the site and can't find them anywhere. I am sure I am overlooking the spot.

George has come back, I was thinking it was Shuster or McCormick, but now may have to give George a chance as well. I see Craig Brown is his 5th. I still think Shuster is the best shot to win next month for the Olympic qualifier at this time in the competition.

currently this:

shuster 2-0
George 2-1
fenson 1-1
mccormick 1-1
clark 0-3