Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-02-13 02:18PM
Shotrock1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shotrock1 Click here to Send Shotrock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Shotrock1 Add Shotrock1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shotrock1
Harvey Hacksmasher

Willy - If your flight gets diverted to Philly, lemme know. Playing Augusta? Surprised they are letting you on a week before their little invitational tournament. Also, don't bet too heavy on the 'Cuse. Louisville on a mission.

Well earned berth for Clark, but some W's sorely needed. Hopefully starting next draw. Cananda playing with some immense (and well earned) swagger. Love watching teams at the top of their game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-02-13 02:31PM
chapnlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chapnlie Click here to Send chapnlie a Private Message Find more posts by chapnlie Add chapnlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chapnlie
Swing Artist

I don't think a hand-picked team will get USA to medal stand either. As I suggested on this site 10 years ago, if competitive success is to be the end-all of the USCA, it should simply hire a top young Canadian team ... then focus its attention on growing the game.

It would have been interesting had the USCA taken me up on my earlier suggestion ... of John Morris, Kevin Koe, Marc Kennedy and Paul Moffatt. We probably wouldn't be having this discussion today.

04-02-13 02:59PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Dang, lots of stuff.

Chubb: This ain't your wife's Womens...none of those scenarios work out to a USA win. I would play the seventh and eighth, but I wasn't on the ice. Maybe Fry The Younger offered to buy drinks if we quit. (last line was not serious)

Handpicked teams? Hired Canadians? Is this crap going to come up every time we have bad start at Worlds? Didn't this crap all come up last year with Heater's slow start? Anybody want to argue that Heater couldn't medal in this year's field? Just stop it. Screw us Americans and our instance on medals every year. Take a deep breath and remember that the health of the game which we love is the overriding factor.

OK, maybe I'm wording things a little strongly today. I, for one, am going to be cool and wait for Clark and Company to finish very strongly. He did it in Madison and in Philly and he'll do it here. Thoughts from others are wonderful things. They keep me thinking. But I'm not going in those directions just yet.

Ben Tucker

04-02-13 03:09PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Love Tuck's quote: "...remember that the health of the game which we love is the overriding factor."
Wonder if Tuck can sell the USOC and USCA on that sentiment?

04-02-13 03:18PM
Deez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deez Click here to Send Deez a Private Message Find more posts by Deez Add Deez to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deez
Harvey Hacksmasher

Nah, They're too busy micro-managing to justify their existance.

Brady and the boys are fine. Not the start we'd hoped for but there's still 6 games left and 7-4 will usually get you into some sort of tie breaker.

04-02-13 04:33PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

My two cents:

The guys need to forget about the Olympic spot, forget about the upcoming Trials, forget even that they are Team USA. Go back to being Team Clark. Go back to just curling, and don't think about the rest.

Probably easier said than done.

04-02-13 04:48PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by SPMFromPCC
My two cents:

The guys need to forget about the Olympic spot, forget about the upcoming Trials, forget even that they are Team USA. Go back to being Team Clark. Go back to just curling, and don't think about the rest.

Probably easier said than done.

Unfortunately, the "world" has changed my friend. There is always someone whispering in the ear, "Olys, Olys, Olys...."

JH
time to change it up, no hits for the first 3 ends...

04-02-13 08:03PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

A win is a win, they all help. Still think we need to get to 5 and just don't see that happening.

JH
prove me wrong, please!

04-02-13 08:20PM
clutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clutch Click here to Send clutch a Private Message Find more posts by clutch Add clutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clutch
Hitting Paint

Da Line !

Really nice win - no idea what they need to get to , but one game at a time. Well done !

04-02-13 08:23PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

They did make a switch for this game, with Darren moved to lead and Phil playing second. Is that the spark they needed? Time will tell...

04-02-13 08:35PM
chapnlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chapnlie Click here to Send chapnlie a Private Message Find more posts by chapnlie Add chapnlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chapnlie
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by SPMFromPCC
They did make a switch for this game, with Darren moved to lead and Phil playing second. Is that the spark they needed? Time will tell...

Probably lucky they did, as the stats show Darren at only 60% -- nuff said. The better news is that Brady came at another stellar 89%, 25 points ahead of the opposing skip.

04-03-13 12:16AM
RockDoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RockDoc Click here to Send RockDoc a Private Message Find more posts by RockDoc Add RockDoc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RockDoc
Swing Artist

Nail on head

quote:
Originally posted by Willy
I've said it before better coaches better stategy, and more committed Athletes..

How much sustained, organized high performance coaching do our national teams get? What kind of fitness regimens do they follow? How much advance preparation for playing at the world level, or support to curl on the competitive tour do our teams get? There's your problems right there. How is the USCA actually addressing these issues? Uhhhhhh...the only way to compensate for a smaller talent pool is better training. What success we've had is despite our national competitive development plans.

Team Jacobs may not be the most talented curling team in Canada (yet) despite being Brier champs this year, but the disparity in team fitness and shooting precision between them and us is light-years apart. We got work to do to be medal-competitive on the world stage.

04-03-13 12:50AM
clutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clutch Click here to Send clutch a Private Message Find more posts by clutch Add clutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clutch
Hitting Paint

great day !

What a great day for Team USA - two really nice wins. Keep it rolling guys.

clutch

04-03-13 12:52AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Willy, Chubb, TJ...you know what I want to read when I wake up tomorrow. Start typing.

Ben Tucker

04-03-13 01:18AM
chapnlie
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Dang, lots of stuff...

OK, maybe I'm wording things a little strongly today. I, for one, am going to be cool and wait for Clark and Company to finish very strongly. He did it in Madison and in Philly and he'll do it here. Thoughts from others are wonderful things. They keep me thinking. But I'm not going in those directions just yet.

Ben Tucker

Time to listen to Tuck! Two nice wins for the U.S., a solid game from everyone, and still another 89% game for Brady!! Keep it going boys!

04-03-13 01:47AM
Alice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alice Click here to Send Alice a Private Message Find more posts by Alice Add Alice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alice
Swing Artist

Tuck is so right.

Looked at which teams Clark plays for the rest of the round robin. I am liking his odds. Go Team Clark!

And, look at all those ties in the field. There is a lot of depth there. Who has the best stomach for nerves wins. It won't be about coaching. It will be about the team members themselves.

04-03-13 07:41AM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

I'm typing

Back to back must wins, pretty impressive. Tuck sees the future, we must reconsider his name I was thinking "Tucktradamus" Only problem I see is they need to run a very runable table, don't think 6-5 gets it done. As anyone who saw the famous around the World shot should know never doubt Brady. As Dickie V. would say " The USA is back in the ballgame Baby!"

04-03-13 07:42AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Tuck was right, now he will never shut up.

Great day for the USA. Glad I wrong as well. But need to keep rolling. Have to put those games behind and keep fighting. Two more wins would stop me worrying.

JH

04-03-13 08:56AM
chubb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chubb Find more posts by chubb Add chubb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chubb
Harvey Hacksmasher

See Tuck....I bagged on him and it lit the fire under his a$$.
Sorry for not keepin the faith. I do agree that he needs to run the table to have a shot at playoffs. That may be a huge mountain to climb.
In the Olympic race they need to finish at worst tied with Switzerland and if they can finish a placing ahead of Denmark it would be secure. Also as long as the Czechs don't do anything to heroic and finish in the playoffs.
Here's to the Brady commit with no quit.
Salute
Tet

04-03-13 09:09AM
chubb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chubb Find more posts by chubb Add chubb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chubb
Harvey Hacksmasher

Country 2012 2013 Total
1. Russia(Host). 0. 0
2. Canada 14 14
3. Great Britain* 12 12
4. Sweden 10 10
5. Norway 9 9
6. New Zealand 8 0 8
7. China 7 7
8. Denmark 6 6
9. United States 5 5
10. Switzerland 4 4
11. France 3 0 3
12. Germany 2 0 2
13. Czech Republic 1 1
14. Japan 0 0
15. Finland 0. 0

Final pts.

Final rank 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Points 14 12 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

If there is a tie in pts, the team that has the higher pt value in 2013 goes ahead.

04-03-13 10:21AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Yep, time to start scoreboard watching. SUI-DEN game today is big. Not sure who we should be rooting for in that one. US has the TB over DEN but not SUI, so need Denmark to lose I guess.

And just a clarification, if we tie in record with Switzerland, they won the head to head which would put them one spot ahead of us for this event. That would mean a tie in Oly points and Switzerland would get it since they would have the higher point total this year. So need to finish ahead of Switzerland and/or tied with Denmark.

JH
GO team ROLLERCOASTER! GO USA!

04-03-13 10:35AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Perhaps I'm contrarian here...but...

I'm not thinking that having to go to the Qualifier is a bad thing.

Given that our team selection model is a team that wins our championship (in this case, our Olympic Trials championship, rather than nationals, but still a team that wins a tournament), going through the Qualifier would be a way to get that team several "Pressure" games, in a situation where we should, honestly, be favored to come through.

If we're in the qualifier, we're against teams like The Czech Republic, Japan, France, Germany, etc...teams that aren't above us...most are below...it wouldn't be the effective walkover US vs Brazil is for the Americas spot, but it would be competition we *should* win.

However, I point out that, if the competition ended now, we would have the 7th spot and make it through.

04-03-13 10:47AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

It's not impossible for the USA to pass China in the Olympic Qualifying race. Not likely, but not impossible. That would certainly grant relief to JHcurl from his paranoid fear of the Swiss.

Chubb has it right. We'll pass New Zealand and, probably, the Danes. That means that the Czechs would have to finish very far ahead of us to regulate us to the Olympic Qualifier...even if we concede the Swiss a spot.

While proud of Brady and his team, I don't want to miss the main point: One great day might quiet the call for Selected Teams and for Professional Teams and for (God forbid) hiring Canadians. Are we going to fight that fight every time the USA losses two games in one day in any Worlds in the rest of my life? Please. Come to the realization that the health of the sport needs to be paramount. True, qualifying for Worlds and for the Olympics is key to that health...but focus on the countries that have true growth. Leading that growth right now is the USA.

We must be doing something right. Thank you, Team Clark...for quieting the insanity.

Ben Tucker

PS I remember, years ago, when Willy offered to adopt a very young (at that time) Eve Muirhead so that she'd be a US citizen. He's lookin' pretty smart these days. That Willy...always wants what's best for our nation.

04-03-13 10:50AM
mr. lucky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr. lucky Find more posts by mr. lucky Add mr. lucky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr. lucky
Hitting Paint

04-03-13 10:51AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Alan has a point.

I recall the old days of Second Chance. Teams that came through Second Chance did very well at Nationals because they were hot and they were confident.

Still, getting into the Olympics has too high stakes to be messing around. Get there first. Get there. The teams coming out of Fargo will have enough momentum and experience.

Ben Tucker
Really glad that Clark and Company beat Denmark in the opener...could loom large. Look for our last game against Norway to have lots of implications...maybe playoff implications.