Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-31-13 05:18PM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

Re: savor that win Tuck!....

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
I wouldn't be betting the ranch on any outstanding success from the U.S. curling team at this years worlds, they might win a couple but their not in the same league as the Scots, or the Scandinavians ... sorry to "burst" your balloon ..

The U.S. won their first game against Denmark, a Scandinavian country.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-31-13 06:54PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Mmmm Japan leading the U.S. 5 to 2... in the 7th end

nothing to worry they come back right ?

03-31-13 08:23PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

I hope the widespread hatred of the U.S. by Canadians on this forum isn't an accurate representation of the entire country.

03-31-13 08:26PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Re: Mmmm Japan leading the U.S. 5 to 2... in the 7th end

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
nothing to worry they come back right ?

Yes they come back to tie it but lose on the last shot in the tenth, a double take by the Japanese skip.

A good learning game for them. You can't shoot 42 percent in the first end, even if with the hammer, or you might give up 3.

China takes down Sweden, this week is going to get very interesting.

TJ

Sean, I don't think it is widespread, but we are seeing less love than usual.

03-31-13 09:09PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by SPMFromPCC
I hope the widespread hatred of the U.S. by Canadians on this forum isn't an accurate representation of the entire country.

Canadians will never hate the U.S., where would we go shopping

03-31-13 09:11PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

Re: Mens World Da Line!

quote:
Originally posted by Willy
To win the 2013 Mens World Curling Championship- For recreational purposes only....

Canada 6-5 Of course they are the favorite, young athletic team that likes each other, Gold medal awaits.

Sweden 3-1 Its Edin's time, Kruapp is the key, but silver may be in thier future.

Scotland 5-1 Is Murdoch still interested, maybe Brewster should be skipping.

Norway 7-1 Ulsrud is do for a run, but please lose the pants.

China 12-1 Would change the curling landscape if Liu, Xu, Ba, Zang get it done.

Switzerland 16-1 Too young, but they do have Swiss girlfriends that can't hurt.

United States 20-1 Top six would be good week, playoffs may be a stretch. Danger Will Robison Danger..

Czech Republic 30-1 Snitil and Snitil law firm, sorry boys no retainer for you..

Denmark 50-1 May win some big games, but will lose way to many..

Finland 50-1 Love the dreadlocks, but this ain't no reggae concert ( where's Uusipaavalniemi when you need him, oh yea he was a politician should have stayed with the Centre Party, the True Finns Party just didn't have support )..

Field- Russia and Japan 100-1 I guess Drozdov is an Olympian good luck with that. Japan-No....

Remember bet with your head not over it!

5/11 + 1/4 + 1/6 + 1/8 + 1/13 + 1/17
0.455 + 0.250 + 0.167 + 0.125 + 0.077 + 0.056 = 1.13 = 113%

According to your odds there's a 113% chance one of the top 6 teams will win.

Last edited by GregJP on 03-31-13 at 09:14PM

03-31-13 09:22PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

GregJP, don't follow Willy's math too closely. He's an old horse bettor...and the house always wins. You'll starve to death trying to make a living off Willy's less-than-generous odds.

When Willy is sleeping through a major event, I will sometimes display my ignorance and post the odds. Far more generous, I frighten poor Willy...he fears that I will give away the store.

So follow it like a horse race and have some fun. Think of it as "If this field plays 100 times, how many times would China win the gold?" If you want to post your own odds, have fun with it.

Bad first end ruins an otherwise decent game. The loss puts our USA team into difficult situation. Is it too early for tonight's game against the Swiss to be a "Must Win"? Yeah, it's close...but it's too early. The game looms large already because Switzerland is one of the nations we are keeping an eye on for the Olympic spots. Must win? Maybe. Huge game? For certain.

Ben Tucker
unabashed Brady Clark fan

PS Sean, the USA is never a crowd favorite at Worlds. In fact, we are often the team the crowd most likes to see lose. Brady in BC, however, is different. He is known and well liked. He also has clubmates and friends in the arena. This thread, on the other hand, is typical of what you will often see.

03-31-13 09:30PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Don't worry about PEI people. When Quebec separates from Canada those people in Atlantic Canada are likely to go with them once they learn how to speak French.

03-31-13 11:19PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

Don't tar all of us Canucks with the same brush just 'cause there are two eejits who don't know when to shut their pie hole.

04-01-13 07:28AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Uh Oh. SWE, CAN, CHN, SCO next. Need a win in one of those or it could be big trouble.

JH

04-01-13 07:46AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Don't worry about PEI people. When Quebec separates from Canada those people in Atlantic Canada are likely to go with them once they learn how to speak French.
spoken like a true bigot, racist and this is a friggin curling forum last time I checked please stick to it's forum

04-01-13 09:14AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by decade

As an old Marimtider I guarantee that if Quebec separates they will ask to join the Boston States.

04-01-13 01:39PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

I would like to see how that 5th end played out just now vs. Edin. Ahead 3-2 when I broke for lunch and the stats showed 99 total points for the US, 105 for Sweden after 4. Clark was shooting 100% and the others struggling.

The US throws three 0's to start the end and puts 16 up (50%) while Sweden hits 82% and the US somehow blanks it.

I know stats don't show the whole story. Unfortunately the front end is shooting 59% and if that holds we will be 1-3 soon.

TJ
Grumpy after yesterdays results

04-01-13 02:26PM
curlny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlny Click here to Send curlny a Private Message Find more posts by curlny Add curlny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlny
Hitting Paint

No doubt grumpier after sweden posts a 4 spot.
I am.

04-01-13 03:02PM
chapnlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chapnlie Click here to Send chapnlie a Private Message Find more posts by chapnlie Add chapnlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chapnlie
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by TJNCJ
I would like to see how that 5th end played out just now vs. Edin. Ahead 3-2 when I broke for lunch and the stats showed 99 total points for the US, 105 for Sweden after 4. Clark was shooting 100% and the others struggling.

The US throws three 0's to start the end and puts 16 up (50%) while Sweden hits 82% and the US somehow blanks it.

I know stats don't show the whole story. Unfortunately the front end is shooting 59% and if that holds we will be 1-3 soon.

TJ
Grumpy after yesterdays results

So, can you direct me to where you are finding the shooting stats?

04-01-13 03:04PM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Wow, Brady hits 74 of 76 points and is now playing in the 11th without the hammer after a blanked 10th. Eden must have chipped and rolled out or threw a raise take. Need to throw the same ind of 11th end and steal this one.

The front end really turned it on after the fifth although I am not sure how they gave up 4.

I also wonder why he chose to blank the eighth down by two. That is the end he fell a stone behind in the stats.

TJ

Looking bad after Sweden's first 3 throw 100% in the 11th.

04-01-13 03:06PM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

http://www.curling.ca/scoreboard/?e=12

For stats.

04-02-13 12:15AM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

After the first seven draws, Brady is tied with Brad Jacobs for best shooting percentage among skips - 89%. Amazing performance as I am sure he has been facing some difficult shots.

04-02-13 07:52AM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

Fargo

Since I have a small connection to Fargo and planed on attending the trials in Dec. Do we still have the mens trial if we lose our Olympic spot??

04-02-13 09:05AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Yes, there will still be a Mens Trials.

All nations that have made it to Worlds in that last couple of years, but didn't finish high enough to make the Top Seven, will be invited to a World Qualifier. The final two Olympic spots will be awarded there. Russia is the host country so they automatically get the tenth spot.

If we finish outside looking in, the Trials winner will go to the Qualifier and try to get one of those two spots.

Clark and Company have another tough day scheduled...China and Scotland. Don't give up the ship, however. Their final five games are more winnable.

Brady has earned a reputation for never quitting. Out of it early in Philly, he ran the table to finish fifth. There ain't no quit in this guy. I predict our spot will be safe...and that is assuming another tough day today. He's playing well. Beating China or Scotland or both is not out of the question.

Ben Tucker

04-02-13 09:26AM
chubb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chubb Find more posts by chubb Add chubb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chubb
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by tuck

Brady has earned a reputation for never quitting. Out of it early in Philly, he ran the table to finish fifth. There ain't no quit in this guy.

Tuck I do have question what they were thinking last night. They are down 7-2 after 6 ends and they pack it in. Kinda contrary to your post. I'm thinking Derek may have gone ballistic on them for that move.
My thoughts are any competitive team would play the 7th end and maybe get 3 back and then steal one in 8. Now you have a ball game. But to pack it in tells me that maybe there isn't any fight left in these guys.
Are we gonna find them curled up in a cold shower somewhere because of all the pressure placed on these guys. You cannot win your National Championship and go to Worlds and play anymore. The weight of the Olympic birth must be holding these guys pinned to the hack. They are best to go out get really drunk and play loose. They have nothing to lose since no one is really expecting them to over perform.
Cheers

Tet

Last edited by chubb on 04-02-13 at 11:33AM

04-02-13 10:37AM
clutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clutch Click here to Send clutch a Private Message Find more posts by clutch Add clutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clutch
Hitting Paint

Da Line !

Not even sure what to say at this point, but really trying to stay positive. I'm sure the pressure is incredible. That first worlds experience can be tough for some teams. I know some people made a bigger deal than I did about this, my thinking was that Brady has such wide and varied curling experience that it might not be a big thing, and perhaps for him it wasn't after all his shooting percentages have been quite good. However, it is a team dynamic - rest of the team has struggled a bit. Can't comment on the end of the US-Canada game, walked a way and boom it was done. However, I did think there was a lot of discussion on the American side, hesitation, that I found a little disconcerting. Winning cures most ills - need a win.

clutch

04-02-13 10:53AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

NORWAY PLAYS THIS MORNING AGAINST CHINA AND IF...

the Chinese men can throw a scare into those Norsemen in plaid pants by grinding out a possible win, well that still won't make it easy pick'ins for Brad Jacobs &company?.... it should be a close game either way team Canada cannot allow themselves to become complacent .... riding a 'winning " streak is great until some 'prick" along the way bursts your bubble right?

04-02-13 12:40PM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by chubb

Tuck I do have question what they were thinking last night. They are down 7-2 after 6 ends and they pack it in. Kinda contrary to your post. I'm thinking Derek may have gone ballistic on them for that move.
My thoughts are any competitive team would play the 7th end and maybe get 3 back and then steal one in 8. Now you have a ball game. But to pack it in tells me that maybe there isn't any fight left in these guys.
Are we gonna find them curled up in a cold shower somewhere because of all the pressure placed on these guys. You cannot win your National Championship and go to Worlds and play anymore. The weight of the Olympic birth must be holding these guys pinned to the hack. They are best to go out get really drunk and play loose. They have nothing to lose since no one is really expecting them to over perform.
Cheers

Tet

Agreed. I gave up on them when they gave up. Even if it is for practice, who better to test yourselves against? The current World Team selection isn't working. Hasn't worked on the men's side for 20 years.

Time for the new High Performance director to take this train wreck over.

TJ
One bronze medal in 20 years just don't cut it.
This homer is switching to golf.

04-02-13 01:12PM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

Agree with Tet

Lets go golfing, headed for Atlanta for final four and some golf. Tuck is jealous, but farmers don't golf so its OK. Even if they take two in 7th, you then steal 8, 9, and 10 and play the extra end. It doesn't make any sense, thats just quitting, not a good sign. I've said it before better coaches better stategy, and more committed Athletes.. Or better yet my hand selected Team. Gemmell at lead, Clark in the 2 hole, George at Third, and the Pizza man skipping... I'll take my chances....