Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-25-15 11:18PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

2015 Mixed

Getting close. Make your picks and place your bets. Be warned: I'm on fire this year. A trip to the brand-new Worlds next fall is on the line, so things just got a touch serious. Is Word Mixed funded or is it like Mixed Doubles and Seniors?

1 to 1 Washington Brady Clark's left thumb feels naked. He only has won this thing NINE times and he has TEN fingers. Worlds, however, means USA citizenship is required. That means he'll lose "heart and soul of the team" Bev. Filling that important role is Jillian "The Other" Walker. Jillian has obviously escaped Pittsburgh and moved to Seattle. NO, I'm not going to give you better odds the Family Clark...so don't bother asking.

2 to 1 Alaska: Persinger, Persinger, Persinger and Persinger. Although I've been told that if they get off to a weak start, they'll change the lineup to Persinger, Persinger, Persinger and Persinger. I don't like messing with the lineup like that.

4 to 1 Illinois: Defending champs return to prove it was no fluke. Those who follow curling closely already know it was no fluke.

4 To 1 Wisconsin: No Emilia? No chance. Just kidding. The Punk will be tough with or without the slightly tougher Emilia. Doesn't Wiza owe me a drink for something?

5 to 1 Minnesota: Best value on the board! The smart play! Stormed through a tough Gopher State. Gals will soon remember how very good Hope (nee Schmitt) Baird can throw a stone.

6 to 1 North Dakota: Workin pops the question and his vice has agreed to marry him. Did he ask before she carried him to a State title or after? Doesn't matter...she said YES and she can flat play. Solid front two. I should have their odds slightly longer, but I'm angling an invite to the wedding dance. I'm known as an excellent giver of wedding gifts, if that impacts your guest list.

7 to 1 Colorado: Denver out to prove that dedicated ice if wicked cool. I find myself cheering for them. I've seen two of them curl and never spoken to any of them, but I'm cheering for them. Weird.

10 to 1 Massachusetts: The Olsons can play. The skip and lead look solid, but I don't know. Turned back an undefeated Potomac team by beating them twice...which may have made that drive home to DC a very long drive indeed. I don't know...maybe the dark horse with a legit shot?

15 to 1 California: Female skip? Cool. Very cool. She's a North Dakota gal, so I'm cheering. Her deadbeat father (Mr. Lucky here in the curlingzone) is blowing off Nationals to go to Halifax for some Coaches' Seminar thing put on by the WCF. Steph may overcome this horrid parenting and contend on the strength of her new "sassy" short haircut. I knew Steph when she was a cute girl. I don't think I'm ready for our little girl to look "sassy".

15 to 1 Ohio: Often we asked are silly questions like "who would you most like to have lunch with?" We're supposed to answer "the President or Lady Gaga or Tiger Woods". I'd most like to have lunch with Stu Cohen. I hear great things about him and would love to pick his brain about his club (which may end up being an important blueprint to opening clubs all over the nation). I hope they can make a tiebreaker, but I think their only real shot at gold is to start buying drinks the minute they hit town...and don't stop until Brady Clark passes out...and then repeat.

THE PICK

I cannot chalk out here. I have to get bold. No problem. I can get bold.

Gold: Alaska...now referred to as Team PPPP
Silver: The Family Clark...yawn
Bronze: Minnesota...State in that field was no fluke...talent plus experience equals wins

Have fun. Don't get too caught up with a trip to Europe for Worlds. Sure, the Euro is tanking and Europe will never be cheaper...

Ben Tucker
time for someone else to do this

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-26-15 12:17AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Pulling for Alaska and Illinois -- reminders of mixed curing a while ago when most teams were made up of spouses and/or significant others.

03-26-15 08:25AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Brady added an Eastie?! Odds should be 1-3 because we all know that Easties rule.

I will always have a soft spot for The Punk so think he is in the mix.

Of course I will take Mass.

So, final three - WA, WI, MA. MA upsets the C(l)art(k) and then The Punk wins the final to earn a no-expense paid trip to Europe.

JHcurl
Bold prediction of the Spring - Phils 12 games out by end of April (still a fan)

03-26-15 01:02PM
rbi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbi Click here to Send rbi a Private Message Find more posts by rbi Add rbi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbi
Hitting Paint

Ohio, babee! Columbus CC is ALREADY a blueprint. Followed by clubs in Arizona, Indiana and Oregon. It's the way of the future. This is the team of the right now.

03-26-15 03:29PM
youngen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for youngen Click here to Send youngen a Private Message Find more posts by youngen Add youngen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
youngen
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by rbi
Ohio, babee! Columbus CC is ALREADY a blueprint. Followed by clubs in Arizona, Indiana and Oregon. It's the way of the future. This is the team of the right now.

Am I supposed to hear Dick Vitale's voice when I read this post? For some reason I can't stop hearing him say "Ohio Babee!" now. Darn it anyhow. #afternoonshot

03-26-15 06:08PM
WarrMachine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WarrMachine Click here to Send WarrMachine a Private Message Find more posts by WarrMachine Add WarrMachine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WarrMachine
Harvey Hacksmasher

Tuck, you've got your GNCC men's clubs and mixed, well, mixed up!

Team Mass were undefeated in round robin and had to beat the Schenectady rink that went to US Mixed last year one more time as they had only one loss after the round robin.

I expect Melville and crew will do well.

03-26-15 06:59PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

Emilia and I never played mixed team together, Tuck. We've done mixed doubles twice though. My team here has had Heather and Paige for three years running...only Dan is the new face this year, and he's been to mixed nats before.

Just glad we haven't been baptized with the Curse of Tuck...already felt the full force of that at doubles.

03-27-15 06:07PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I'll repeat: No Emilia=no chance. None. Zip. Nada. Dead skip walking (or sliding or whatever). OK, I may just be messing around for entertainment's sake.

I will admit to confusing my Eastie playdowns. Getting to be too dang many Easties to keep straight. They're breeding like bunnies out there. JHcurl must be getting dizzy wondering who to support. Not on the Washington bandwagon, JH? I thought you'd be all over that one with The Other Walker. on the team.

Getting lots of action on Washington. Too much action. I may have to move them to odds on favorite status. Some of the bets coming very late at night. Do Westies not know what a "time zone" is? Dang pesky Westies. No wonder Kurt Cobain killed himself. (Too harsh? Too soon? Too much of a god to Westies?) Even nutjob Alaskans know how to adjust for time zones.

GO PPPP!!!!

Ben Tucker
Heads up, curlingzone people...Worlds ain't gonna be cheap...we should help the winners out

03-29-15 11:52PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

It would be nice if the Scoreboard for this event was changed to show state name rather than skip's name. This change was made for the Club Nationals earlier -- and teams in both of these events have to win a state/regional title to qualify for the Nationals. No offense to these skips but the name of their state/region is much more informative than in the name of the skip

03-31-15 11:56PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

State name? Heck, I had to think a bit before I came up with who's MACA. I know who Kizlyk is. MACA? Not so sure.

The Punk edges my PPPP team in an extra end (line up change looming?) So I should probably recant my "No Emilia, no chance" statement...but I won't...because it's funny and I don't ever recant funny lines.

Into the second half of the round robin. The Family Clark, Punk and the Punkettes and Minnesota Baird are looking good. PPPP has a killer schedule remaining. Darrick Kizlyk (a name spelled so tough that it will probably be the final word in the National Spelling Bee...but I got it right this time for a change) is sitting pretty good. He has PPPP left, but has played the top three already...and beat Baird (that's Minnesota, dbsdbs).

Damn Brady wins this thing and I'll owe half of Seattle drinks. I'll pay up with Miller Lite...not those expensive microbrews Seattle hippies drink...and sure as hell not one of their $14 cups of coffee. How do they get away with charging $14 for a cup of coffee? Steam a lot of milk to disguise the bad coffee flavor and charge like it's a miracle?

Life got busy and in the way AGAIN. I won't be making it down to Blaine. A little bummed about that. Feeling better now that I teased dbsdbs.

Ben Tucker
WAY easier to spell than Darrick Kizlyk

04-01-15 12:29AM
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Ok Tuck, I'm with you on MACA -- have no idea what that stands for... but then I don't know Kizlyk either. I guess I know 7 of the skips names... but I only know where 4 of them are from. Maybe it's a yearning for the old days when all the teams for all the Nationals got there by winning their state/region championship and it was always fun to follow and cheer for your state's champs? Anyway, I like the standings with the state names now shown first and you still got the scoreboard with the skips names... so something for everybody.

04-01-15 08:44AM
ChiefIceMinion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefIceMinion Click here to Send ChiefIceMinion a Private Message Find more posts by ChiefIceMinion Add ChiefIceMinion to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ChiefIceMinion
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
Ok Tuck, I'm with you on MACA -- have no idea what that stands for...

As a former Eastie, that's the Mid-Atlantic Curling Association and our 4-club friendly.

Within the regions, it's the Mid America Curling Association (CO, TX, OK, MO, KS, NE)

04-01-15 09:28AM
MCC_PE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MCC_PE Click here to Send MCC_PE a Private Message Find more posts by MCC_PE Add MCC_PE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MCC_PE
Hitting Paint

The MACA for USCA is new
http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Curling/...ons/Mid-America

but another MACA has been around for a while.
http://www.curldc.org/mid-atlantic-curling-assn/

Teams at Mixed had to win their state/region championship to get there so that's why they're listed by state.

04-01-15 10:42AM
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by MCC_PE

Teams at Mixed had to win their state/region championship to get there so that's why they're listed by state.

... except on the Scoreboard on upper right CZ home page where they are still shown by skips name

04-03-15 10:34AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Fear the PUNK! Goes into the playoffs as the #1 seed.

04-03-15 10:59AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

I'm glad to know that I didn't ruin him totally the one half season he had to be my Vice out here in Maryland

04-03-15 11:34AM
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Now that winner of this event advances to Worlds, why is Page Playoff not used to determine the champ [like at mens and womens nationals]?

04-04-15 09:18AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

So the Punk and the Punkettes vs the Brady bunch for the title. (dbsdbs that is WI v WA) Should be a great game. Pulling for my original pick and a first big feather in his cap.

JH
Phils decide to stay in Florida and play AAA ball

04-04-15 04:29PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

The Brady Bunch wins and discovers the power of the Easties. The Punk gets the silver and had a great run.

Congrats to Brady and his team and also Sean and his team. Want to win, put an Eastie on your team. We have a lot of them to go around, think we are up to close or over 50 clubs now and just added a 4 sheet dedicated facility with Bucks County going all curling.