Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
09-23-15 07:05PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

Stockholm Ladies Cup

--interesting, I see that Alison Kreviazuk will be on the ice---filling in as lead for Dawn McEwen.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

09-25-15 09:57AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Stockholm Ladies

WOW....Jones pulled that one out of the fire. Ten to Six over Sidorova. Great shot. Canada is doing well in Sweden. Keep it up ladies.

09-25-15 11:46AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

I was cheering for Sidorova, but I agree that was one hell of a shot to end that game.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

09-25-15 12:22PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I see that both Homan and Jones exacted their revenge on their Swiss Opponents in the first game!

09-25-15 09:25PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Stockholm Ladies

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
WOW....Jones pulled that one out of the fire. Ten to Six over Sidorova. Great shot. Canada is doing well in Sweden. Keep it up ladies.

Here it is....

http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...hot-to-score-5/

09-26-15 09:22AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Jennifer Jones Wild West Show hopping in & out of the Time Tunnel in Sweden. She was down 3 to Hannah Fleming in draw 3 coming home but whopped a BIG 4 on the English lady.

Wish these games were on TV - Jones living up to her reputation as Mrs. Entertainment in womens curling. She's now up 4-0 vs. Michelle Jaeggi this a.m. so I sense she'll somehow find a way to let Jaeggi back into the match.

Anyways, Jones locks up a playoff berth - but she'll be severely tested by the likes of Paetz, Tirinzoni and of course The Mean Girls.

That's assuming those 3 even make the playoffs...

If Tirinzoni wins her game right now against Hasselborg there is going to be a tiebreaker, and I believe Homan would have to play Tirinzoni in it. If Tirinzoni loses she won't make the playoffs. Either way it looks like only 2/3 of those teams can possibly be in the playoffs.

They're a little behind on updating the scores on the event website, but Tirinzoni was up 3-0 on Hasselborg after 5.

Paetz has to win her game to avoid a tiebreaker as well. As I type this she's up on Sigfirdsson 6-2 in the 7th with, but Sigfridsson is in a position to possibly steal 1 or 2 so it's not over yet.

EDIT: Paetz won, so she's in. Tirinzoni is up 4-1 on Hasselborg coming home with, so it looks like she'll win and presumably play Homan in a tiebreaker. Jones & Jaggi are tied at 5 in the fifth, Jones is coming home with hammer so she'll presumably win and Homan-Tirinzoni will be the only TB game.

Last edited by Phil_D on 09-26-15 at 09:46AM

09-26-15 09:50AM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:

Even Jones could face prospects of a tie-breaker if she fritters her lead on Jaeggi away! Paetz is layin' a lickin' on Sigfriddson this a.m. - usually Ladyhawke takes her time feasting on opponents!

Did you see how Jones scored 4 vs. Hannah Fleming Phil?

According to the site Jones is in regardless, so if she loses the TB will be between Sidorova & Jaeggi...and if I saw correctly (looked like an umpire hung a 1 or a 2 for her on the scoreboard as the broadcast was ending) she scored in the 8th so it's a moot point.

No, it wasn't broadcast, but apparently from what I read it was similar in some ways to her shot against Sidorova...light hit against 1 counter to score big.

09-26-15 09:51AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Even Jones could face prospects of a tie-breaker if she fritters her lead on Jaeggi away! Paetz is layin' a lickin' on Sigfriddson this a.m. - usually Ladyhawke takes her time feasting on opponents!

Did you see how Jones scored 4 vs. Hannah Fleming Phil?

jen has been involved in a few wild ones this week. that match against sidorova for example. scored 3 early, gave a 3 in the 6th and then scored 5 in the 7th

this events isnt a masters so the 5 rock rule isnt in effect. so while i didnt see the match id have to assume that with a 3 point lead and giving up a 4 the flemming rink must have missed some peels and or tick shots.

09-26-15 10:10AM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Wonder how Ali K. is holding up vis a vis the wild and erratic screaming and errant icing/weight calls of JJ....??

Ali was probably the physically weakest of all the mean girls (she's still no skinny minny weakling) but I suspect she's not really in-training for competitive curling and may not be able to withstand the physical rigours required by being a Jones front-ender. Caitlyn, Jilly and Dawn seem almost tireless brushers.

She has been coaching at some camps and what not, and who knows what her personal fitness regimen is or what curling she may or may not be doing recreationally.

She looked just fine in the televised game yesterday, both throwing and sweeping. Made some great shots and had no issues keeping up on the brush.

09-26-15 10:54AM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Well, the SLCC report from yesterday was incorrect and they did go by DSC after all, so Homan is in and Tirinzoni-Hasselborg will play in a tiebreaker in a little over an hour.

Playoffs start in a little over 16 hours, should be some good matchups.

I'm not surprised at all that Team Ahlmarks (Ostlund) is doing so well...they certainly have the talent and experience, and this could be a breakout season for them.

09-26-15 01:02PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D

She has been coaching at some camps and what not, and who knows what her personal fitness regimen is or what curling she may or may not be doing recreationally.

She looked just fine in the televised game yesterday, both throwing and sweeping. Made some great shots and had no issues keeping up on the brush.

Ali has always been a great and tireless brusher. The Jones rink are lucky to have her. She's so good at judging weight and I also think she looks in fine shape. I think the Homan rink is getting it together since Ali left. Of course I would love for the Homan rink to come out on top and am certainly cheering for them to make the final. Keep at it ladies and good luck.

09-26-15 01:31PM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Ali has always been a great and tireless brusher. The Jones rink are lucky to have her. She's so good at judging weight and I also think she looks in fine shape. I think the Homan rink is getting it together since Ali left. Of course I would love for the Homan rink to come out on top and am certainly cheering for them to make the final. Keep at it ladies and good luck.

Yup, most definitely.

Indeed. If they continue to play all year like they have been so far they're going to be hard to beat. I know they're focused on staying on top of the CTRS rankings (and ultimately making it to the Olympics, obviously) and it shows.

09-26-15 02:05PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Well, the SLCC report from yesterday was incorrect and they did go by DSC after all, so Homan is in and Tirinzoni-Hasselborg will play in a tiebreaker in a little over an hour.

Playoffs start in a little over 16 hours, should be some good matchups.

I'm not surprised at all that Team Ahlmarks (Ostlund) is doing so well...they certainly have the talent and experience, and this could be a breakout season for them.

i agree, ostlund has a talented young team. its taken a while for her to actually get going. they havent really done anything since winning the worlds with anette in 2011. maybe it was the pressure. i mean..after their run to the jr final in 2008 they were labelled as the next anette norberg in sweden and thats a huge name to be compared to.

sweden has a couple of really good ladies teams coming in ostlund but hasselborg and wrana as well. future's looking good for them on that side anyway

09-26-15 03:33PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:
[B]Well, the SLCC report from yesterday was incorrect and they did go by DSC after all, so Homan is in and Tirinzoni-Hasselborg will play in a tiebreaker in a little over an hour.

/B]

I think there was a loss of understanding on the site due to a loss in the translation. You would never have the two best DSC playing the TB and give the bye to worst DSC.

09-26-15 11:13PM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by ott-am

I think there was a loss of understanding on the site due to a loss in the translation. You would never have the two best DSC playing the TB and give the bye to worst DSC.

Exactly...which is why I was confused when it said after draw 4 that Hasselborg was in the playoffs at 3-0.

http://slcc.se/blog/2015/09/draw_4_reflections/

"Team Jones is now in the playoffs with 3-0 record and one game to play. Quarter finals are also decided for Ahlmarks/Östlund, Sigfridsson and ÅF/Hasselborg, all three from Sweden, and there’s a ticket to Sunday ready for Eve Muirhead as well."

I don't think it was translation as much as rush, as it said they quickly put it together and posted it.

No big deal as it's all a moot point now.

09-26-15 11:14PM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i agree, ostlund has a talented young team. its taken a while for her to actually get going. they havent really done anything since winning the worlds with anette in 2011. maybe it was the pressure. i mean..after their run to the jr final in 2008 they were labelled as the next anette norberg in sweden and thats a huge name to be compared to.

sweden has a couple of really good ladies teams coming in ostlund but hasselborg and wrana as well. future's looking good for them on that side anyway

Yup. They're going to be just like Switzerland, and sooner rather than later.

09-26-15 11:29PM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Wow - some dream matchups in the Stockholm quarter-finals.

Looks like a who's who of Olympic curling. Only Jones has drawn a lower-rated opponent but Anna Hasselborg just finished killing off Tirinzoni for the only tie-breaker spot.

Jones Wild West Show is totally unpredictable these days - get off to a big lead, barf it up then recover in the final end.... or conversely start trading hay-makers (3, 4 & 5 enders).

Homan gets the glamour matchup on the other side vs. Sidorova. I'd really favour Homan due to experience and slightly better team mechanics although Anna is no longer a pushover.

Battle of the Swedish giants with Margey Sigfriddson (the veteran) taking on the next generation in CC Ostlund - Ostlund is on a roll but Siggy can easily put the brakes on most top womens teams.

Paetz vs. Muirhead the other dream matchup.

I think Jones' luck is going to run out against Hasselborg, unless they play consistent and don't make mistakes. When they're playing at their best they're hard to beat.

Homan will have to be careful against Sidorova...they're very good at capitalizing on mistakes and aren't afraid to take risky shots...which they are definitely capable of making too. At the same time, when they're consistent and to form they are a damn good team. If Homan keeps up the level of play we've seen so far most of this year though they'll be tough to beat.

Sigfridsson is another team that is hard to beat when they're at their best. If they're off though, I think Ostlund will have no problem capitalizing.

Muirhead is one of the best women's rinks out there, and Paetz is following in their footsteps. Both teams capable of absolutely devastating opponents, and both aren't afraid to try circus shots...usually a calculated risk as they're totally capable of making them. Always the potential for some big hits with either of them.

In the end though, I think Hasselborg, Homan, Ostlund, and Muirhead will make it to the semis.

09-27-15 12:05AM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

--these games are televised where?

09-27-15 12:27AM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by ellejay
--these games are televised where?

http://slcc.se/watch-online/

09-27-15 05:45AM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:

http://slcc.se/watch-online/

Semi finals will be Muirhead vs Jones

Homan vs Sigfridson.

Good luck Canada.

09-27-15 06:03AM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Muirhead absolutely devastated Paetz, winning 8-0 in just 4 ends. Big steal of 5 in the 4th.

Jones beat Hasselborg 5-4, going all 8 ends. Linescore looks like it was a pretty even match.

Homan beat Sidorova 6-4. Sidorova gave a good game, but Homan pulled ahead with a steal of 1 in the 7th. Looks like it ended in handshakes, didn't see how the 8th played out.

Sigfridsson capitalized on some mistakes by Ostlund and triumphed 7-4. It started out good, then Ostlund had some bad ends. They managed to battle back, but were down 1 without in the 8th and couldn't get the steal.

I'll take Muirhead over Jones. Although undefeated, Jones has been shaky at times and had to play a full game while Muirhead had over an extra hour of rest...at this point in the weekend that could be huge. Besides that, they've been undefeated since their first game and are coming off a huge win. If Jones is in top form she'll be tough to beat as always, and if that's the case it should be a great game.

I think Homan will beat Sigfridsson. They've been on fire all year and can really pull ahead in the CTRS rankings if they take it all this weekend. As with Jones, Sigfridsson is hard to beat when they're all firing on all cylinders, but also like Jones they've had their shaky moments. Any mistakes Sigfridsson makes Homan will make her pay for, but if she's at her best it also should be a great game.

09-27-15 09:38AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

wow..cant believe sigfridsson lost that. in complete control throughout the game. that ones going to hurt

thinking muirhead takes the final though. think rachel got away with a lucky escape there . eve wouldnt let a 3 point lead dissolve like that the way sigfridsson did with just 2 ends to go

Last edited by misty1 on 09-27-15 at 09:40AM

09-27-15 09:58AM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
wow..cant believe sigfridsson lost that. in complete control throughout the game. that ones going to hurt

thinking muirhead takes the final though. think rachel got away with a lucky escape there . eve wouldnt let a 3 point lead dissolve like that the way sigfridsson did with just 2 ends to go

Indeed. When I saw the score about halfway through I figured it was lights out for Homan. I wish I could have seen it, I'm curious as to exactly how it all went down.

Credit to Jones for battling back and making it a game against Muirhead. She bounced back after that huge miss in the 1st end to tie it up in the 2nd, only to have that disastrous 3rd end allowing Muirhead to score 5. She stayed in it though, fighting and trading deuces with Muirhead, and stealing 1 in the 7th to close the gap to 2 points.

I agree, I think Muirhead will take the final over Homan. She's riding a high off two big dominant playoff wins while Homan has had two battles...Homan could be running out of gas. If that's the case then I think Muirhead will control the whole game. If Homan is fired up, on the other hand, I think it's going to be a great game. Knowing Homan, I think it will be the latter.

09-27-15 10:43AM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Here's hoping Team Homan gets their second wind then. The last game proved they are quite capable of pulling off a "comeback".

09-27-15 10:58AM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Claire Marie
Here's hoping Team Homan gets their second wind then. The last game proved they are quite capable of pulling off a "comeback".

Really want Homan et al to win this. Their comeback against Sigfridsson was amazing. Top marks for this rink. Keep at it ladies. I'll be watching.