Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

Click Event to Show Scoreboard
W: China Open
M: China Open
M: Curling Masters Champery
M: Challenge de Curling de Gatineau (Arena)
W: Paf Masters Tour
W: Canad Inns Women's Classic
M: Challenge de Curling de Gatineau Open
W: Stirling Wheelchair Curling International
M: Medicine Hat Charity Classic
M: EJCT Oslo Junior Men
M: Rick Cotter Memorial Junior Mens Classic
M: Heather MJCT Bonspiel
M: OVCA Junior Superspiel Mens Qualifier
M: Brampton U21 Junior Mens Cashspiel
W: Medicine Hat Charity Classic
W: Rick Cotter Memorial Junior Womens Classic
W: Brampton U21 Junior Womens Cashspiel
W: OVCA Junior Superspiel Womens Qualifier
W: Heather MJCT Bonspiel
W: Lady Monctonian Invitational Spiel
W: EJCT Oslo Junior Women
M: WCT Austrian Mixed Doubles Cup
Central European Time (CET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Olympic Playdowns --

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 9 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-09-17 06:46PM
CurlingZoneStats is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingZoneStats Click here to Send CurlingZoneStats a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingZoneStats Add CurlingZoneStats to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingZoneStats
Administrator

I'm sure the loss hurts,but Jen was gracious in her defeat today..To me,the turning point was jamming the double that would have tied the game.She and her team will always be Olympic gold medalists,and you can never take that away from them.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-09-17 06:50PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Jones went out with a smile on her face

which was really nice to see - especially after wearing that distraught frown the last 3 games.
She tried her best, did not disgrace herself or her province but just couldn't match 28 year old curling superstar Rachel Homan's excellence of execution, great draw weight and incredible laser-focused hits.
Ottawa and its many Homan fans will be joyous if Rachel can get by Chelsea Carey tomorrow.

Chelsea won't hand out as many free passes as JJ did. She's curling very well - her accuracy is a tad above Jones and her draw weight has been superb. She's also unbeaten and laid quite the lickin' on Homan in draw 1. But pressure is a bigger opponent than the 4 humans she's taking on. Cathy O may be the key to bringing Carey to a boil - but she could also be the weakness that opens the door for Homan. She's really no match for Emma Miskew anymore, if she ever was. Emma just continues to make shots - if Cathy O can't match then Carey will be facing some fine mess o trouble on many ends.

12-09-17 08:13PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

100% hoping chelsea wins tomorrow. good luck to them.

12-09-17 09:42PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

wow 1 shot - 3 point diff

bad call ? - bad throw - heavy ?

fatal error

12-09-17 09:51PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
wow 1 shot - 3 point diff

bad call ? - bad throw - heavy ?

fatal error

The super-teams have a nasty tendency to avoid the tie late in games; thus abdicating control.
Gushue is no exception - but I don't think he expected to barf up a 2-steal to Mikey.

Now Mikey just has to close out the Newfoundlanders!

12-09-17 10:17PM
CurlingZoneStats is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingZoneStats Click here to Send CurlingZoneStats a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingZoneStats Add CurlingZoneStats to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingZoneStats
Administrator

Dawn and Jen will be on opposite sides tomorrow.

12-09-17 10:21PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

I feel for gushue but today they got outplayed
Tomorrow predict Homan and McEwen

12-09-17 10:43PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

LOTS OF GOOD CURLING

turning point was 8th end

bj s 2nd
mikes 2 pistols

die was cast but brad maybe should have played t line tap on last methinks

hopefully tomorrow s games are close

brad was good sport re bj burnt rock - odd call by the judge based on replay

its not whether you think it would go out - he burnt it
40 years ago the rocks would be replaced

12-09-17 10:45PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

check out the TSN curling page. They must have wanted the other guy to win - huge headline McEwen's name spelled wrong.

https://www.tsn.ca/curling

12-09-17 11:11PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
I feel for gushue but today they got outplayed
Tomorrow predict Homan and McEwen

One will still have mixed doubles
Dawn and Jennifer

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 12-09-17 at 11:14PM

12-09-17 11:43PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

One will still have mixed doubles
Dawn and Jennifer

Hard to handicap the women's final. Much easier to see Rachel retiring Jennifer, JJ never threatened and was far too docile.

Chelsea will put up a titanic struggle - she's got a great front end, all that experience at 3rd w/ 48 yr old Cathy O and she's been quite the shooter with Cathy taking on vice-skipping duties.

Jones was less than accurate on her hits and pretty woeful at her draws - her legendary poor rock-positioning didn't even come into play - that's how bad it was.

Both finalists on 8 game winning runs - for 1 of them the streak will stop.

I agree with Russ & Cheryl - the real battle will occur at 3rd - if Cathy O can stay with Emma this game might come down to last stone - and Homan won't get off as easy as she did vs. JJ - could come down to an extra end in my books.

MEN - McEwen was an absolute shot-making monster tonite - he slayed one of the biggest dragons in the game and lives on to take on a different kind of dragon - the hard-hitting Kevin Koe.

Rock positioning will be the key for both teams - as Koe can make his stones do things reminiscent of the Sword of Arthur. McEwen can't throw accurate violence like KK but he's not far off. The Manitoba team is really together and thinking straight. Could come down to a pick, a front end miss, etc. Should be one for the ages - both teams average in the mid to high 80s, if not more!

12-10-17 09:57AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
100% hoping chelsea wins tomorrow. good luck to them.

OMG. No. Couldn't even when a world bronze. And it is not Chelsea . Her team calls her Chels.

12-10-17 10:42AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by decade

OMG. No. Couldn't even when a world bronze. And it is not Chelsea . Her team calls her Chels.

You got this Decks! You got this!

Anyways, I like Chel's chances vs. either JJ or Valbertha cuz they have a far more serious approach to the game. Laine & Joss form a formidable front end - Laine is every bit Li Weagle's equal - other than being 48 and Weagle only 33; Peterman might be the best up 'n coming curler in the land - certainly able to confront Jo Courtney in all aspects other than physical strength.

The tide turns at 3rd obviously where almost everyone believes the gutsy veteran Cathy O is over-matched vs. Emma. I agree. Cathy doesn't have to beat Emma, just hold her own and limit the negative differential to single digits (9% or less)

The key will be whether Carey can continue her dominance. She beat Homan once, can she do it again?

The odds + the stats say NO. Homan is just too over-powering and their accurate shot-pelting can beat any team in the world. Carey needs Rachel to be slightly off - to open the door.

Don't think Rachel loses if she's in 85 to 95% country.
Carey has a minor chance of Raytch in 79 to 84% country.

Real opportunity if Raytch is in 70 to 78 per cent territory.

Can't imagine Rachel blowing up and curling under 75% - she's too well-trained and focused.
I can however, see Carey turning in a putrid 65 to 75 game today!

12-10-17 01:04PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Hoping for Chelsea but concerned about our Olympic chances if she wins. Too bad JJ not in top form last few games.

12-10-17 01:39PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by decade

of course i'd like to see her win gold but even if she doesnt i'll be proud. unlike most my being proud of them isnt contingent on her winning gold.

plus chels and cathy are 2 manitoba reps. i know they curl out of alberta but they're from manitoba so i support them.

finally, they're the underdogs and i love a good underdog story.

12-10-17 02:06PM
CurlingZoneStats
Administrator

My gut is saying Homan and Koe today.

12-10-17 02:44PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by alex
Hoping for Chelsea but concerned about our Olympic chances if she wins. Too bad JJ not in top form last few games.

I agree! Rachel should medal if she wins

12-10-17 04:02PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Click here to Send EPMD a Private Message Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I agree with Russ & Cheryl - the real battle will occur at 3rd - if Cathy O can stay with Emma this game might come down to last stone - and Homan won't get off as easy as she did vs. JJ - could come down to an extra end in my books.

I feel like every curling broadcaster is required to state, "The key matchup is at third." I swear I have never seen anyone ever say the key matchup is anything but third. Frankly, nothing is more important than the skip matchup, but they would probably feel too obvious saying that, so everyone says third instead to sound a bit smarter.

12-10-17 05:03PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

good game

pretty sure chelsey had no shot for a double with last

12-10-17 05:07PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Observations

1. Great game - 2 deserving teams; CC gave Raytch a helluva game.

2. Lady Marmalade balling - that's Emma btw, showing amazing emotion after an intense battle - Cathy O curled near 80% and still got slaughtered by M by nearly 20 pts. AMAZING PERFORMANCE

3. Great sportsmanship by Rachel Homan & Co. - they've learned ice etiquette like no others.

4. Congrats to my friend Art Miskew - your daughter is a super-star, entire team of super-stars. Get your shots before going to Korea.

5. Congrats to Michelle Englot = now getting the free trip to the Scotties - as Team Canada - courtesy of Raytch & M.

12-10-17 05:11PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Click here to Send EPMD a Private Message Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Harvey Hacksmasher

The arena horn sounding after Homan won was tacky. I wish Ottawa hadn't done that. Not good host behaviour for an event that should be respectful of all teams.

12-10-17 05:25PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Click here to Send maybo a Private Message Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by EPMD
The arena horn sounding after Homan won was tacky. I wish Ottawa hadn't done that. Not good host behaviour for an event that should be respectful of all teams.

I have a hunch they would have used it no matter who won. But agreed. Someone should have considered the fact that one team was from Ottawa and nixed the idea. Poor optics for a national championship.

12-10-17 05:33PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

Re: Observations

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

5. Congrats to Michelle Englot = now getting the free trip to the Scotties - as Team Canada - courtesy of Raytch & M.

What a piss poor way to have a team canada. There should be no team canada and have 2 team ontario’s.
To be team canada you should have to win the honour.

12-10-17 05:48PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Sitting in an airport, and heard the great news! I am a Homan fan...so happy for Art.

12-10-17 05:49PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

A great game. Homan's team still made too many errors but Chels made more. Best Canadian team is going to the Olympics.
Glad someone told Adam to take his hat off for the anthem before it ended at least and perhaps he could learn the words
Joanne and Emma were so emotional- good for them!