M: BC Mens - Kootenay Playdowns
M: BC Mens - Island Playdowns
W: BC Scotties Open Event #1
W: Alberta Scotties - Qualifier 1
M: North of 60 Medical Solutions NWT Junior Championships
W: North of 60 Medical Solutions NWT Junior Championships
W: Wheelchair Curling Baltic League: Stage 3
Default (ET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Olympic Playdowns --

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 5 of 9 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-08-17 01:53AM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Click here to Send maybo a Private Message Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I'm really seeing a Homan vs. McCarville final

I don’t think CC closes the round-robin with two straight defeats Friday, which I believe is what it would take for that prediction. Doesn’t the first-place finisher get a direct bye to the final ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-08-17 03:32AM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

you are right. But ML has his own rules.

12-08-17 08:16AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by alex
you are right. But ML has his own rules.

Just want to say this...Don't ever quote ML. As you say, he has his own rules. At the beginning of the Road trip he was saying that team 1 will play team 4. He assumes a lot and is often incorrect in his assumptions. Just sayin...

12-08-17 09:18AM
Foxworthy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Foxworthy Find more posts by Foxworthy Add Foxworthy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Foxworthy
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Homan could have 3 worlds, 3 STOHs & 1 Olympics should she move on.to Korea

Homan only has one worlds gold, no?

12-08-17 09:42AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Foxworthy

Homan only has one worlds gold, no?

Good debut post - Homan has a set of medals but only 1 gold to go along w/ a silver & a bronze.

Thus, she's still behind JJ Jones on my list of top Canadian teams all-time.

1. Schmirler
2. Jennifer
3. Coco Jones
4. Homan

Jennifer has a couple chances this year to overtake Sandra - but she'll need either an Olympic gold or conversely winning another Canadian and world title if she fails in her quest to defend her Olympic title.

Sadly, Sandra is gone and Coco Jones is nearing 60 so the only one with a big chunk of time left in her career is Team Homan. She wins Olympic gold and I think we'd all agree she surpasses Coco Jones - and begins her quest to surpass both JJ and Schmirler.

12-08-17 09:55AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Re: Carey awarded 1st place

Chelsea has 2 matches left. She's on the ice vs. Krista McCarville this a.m. and I'd say Krista is a superior strategist and mentally tougher. Carey might have the superior team but I'd say Krista is a slight favourite to topple CC this a.m. - she's hungrier and Carey has already set sail for the playoffs.

As for a second win - Chelsea has a simpler task. Beating Mediocre Michelle Englot - on paper a vicious mis-match but Englot is just curling for fun now and Chelsea could be already dreaming about her playoff game(s).

Homan still has to win out - but the way JJ Jones has petered out - that should almost be a foregone conclusion.

12-08-17 10:44AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

11,000 hits on these playdowns - used to be 25,000

i try to post a couple a day - so there is always something new

ml accounts for 60% of posts
- another 20% comes from folks pointing out ml " errors"

he posts a lot so bound to have a few idiocinkracies - apparently a new word -

posts here disappear fast - its stuff doing 5 gems a day - feel free to try posting - we need some new blood -

if someone is mean to u - ml and i will take them out with a high hard one

12-08-17 11:02AM
Skid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skid Click here to Send Skid a Private Message Find more posts by Skid Add Skid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skid
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi
How did Tippin get herself into that mess in 10? Ridiculous.

How much did team tippin get paid to lose that game against Chelsea so badly.

12-08-17 12:07PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Surprised Krista McCarville couldn't topple unbeaten Carey this a.m. Carey looked vulnerable but it wasn't to be.

Krista now has to defeat Valberta Sweeting this afternoon and hope JJ succumbs to Homan tonite -

which would force a tie-breaker for 3rd place between Krista & JJ

If Val tops Krista then Jones is in the 3-way playoff - and if she goes against form and takes down Rachel tonite - she'll actually finish 2nd and get hammer in the 2 vs. 3 semi-final.

In any event its boiling down to pretty much what I predicted. However, I didn't see Chelsea going thru undefeated!

12-08-17 12:35PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

koe final

gushue semi ?

if carruthers wins tonight - 5 w

mcewen 5 already but beat carruthers and both lost to gushue

does mcewan still play gushue in final ?

12-08-17 02:26PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Sorry that we won't be able to see a Homan v Jones final. They are without a doubt the best women's teams in the game by more than a small margin. Team Jones run in the Grand Slams this year has been spectacular proving Jen hasn't lost a step in what has been a brilliant career. They were definitely the favourite going in to the Roar on a Gushue like roll with Katlyn Lawes playing the best curling of her career. As for Team Homan, three time Canadian Champ, current World Champ and only 28, enuff said.

But what are ya gonna do? As the old saying goes you don't play the game on paper. Team Carey like Team Koe haven't been dominating in their wins but they've won em all none the less. I'm happiest for Cathy O. Imagine if she got to go to the Olympics? Dream finish to a great career. Super spare indeed.

Team Jones might have to get past a tie-breaker situation. Team Homan will be taking the game tonight very seriously as there is a 'two for one deal on offer'. I.e. Guaranteeing themselves last rock to start the semi and possibly creating a situation whereby they don't have to face Jones in the playoffs at all.

12-08-17 03:41PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Will be in South America a few more days - sadly curling isn't a major sport here yet. Someone told me Koe & Carey were more lucky than good.

I'll try and watch some action online..

12-08-17 04:18PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Will be in South America a few more days - sadly curling isn't a major sport here yet. Someone told me Koe & Carey were more lucky than good.

I'll try and watch some action online..

Both Koe & Carey were let off the hook by at least 2 teams each - but they've glommed onto shady ice conditions and show no panic whatsoever. Koe's front end is cocky and ultra-verbal - complete opposite of their laconic skipper.

Carey has finally found her dream team - especially the ultra-experienced Cathy O who's taken charge of Chelsea's mind and just let her focus on shooting lights out vs. thinking too much.

Rachel Homan will need to be pedal to the metal in 2 straight games - she's got the big flame-thrower and superb percentages all week. They were bounced pillar to post by Carey in the opener - Rachel was almost as lost as Jennifer Jones re: ice conditions in that opener.

Jones looks lost and out-of-sorts for no apparent reason - other than she can't chart ice or speed properly (what else is new?)

If Sweeting somehow manages to eliminate McCarville this afternoon that takes one threat off of JJ's back - she'll then have 2 games in a row vs. Homan. Almost frightening - unless you're Jennifer Jones!

12-08-17 04:41PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

koe has played like old days

you need a few breaks in a 11 games

12-08-17 04:44PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

So Jacobs take his funk to a new low and can't even stick around to give the paying afternoon crowd their moneys worth.

12-08-17 07:04PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

to be fair -

an absolute nothing game

he played 7 ends and was down 5

there were 3 other games for the 100 fans that paid $200 for thye week - $2 a game

game wasnt on tv anyway

one of ten teams that worked hard for 4 years and was out of the running ...

what did you expect - the 30 losers to do cartwheels and sing

12-08-17 07:14PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I'm in a non curling country. I went on TSN's website & was told the live broadcast was unavailable in my region...

12-08-17 07:32PM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

CB,

Does YouTube work where you are? They have the WorldCurlingTour channel which will give you the Euro championships. Better yet for you is I searched YouTube for "roar of the rings" and found games!!

Here's Homan vs Sweeting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeUn3dgAsjo

Best of all worlds for you - a chaise lounge on the beach, handsome young men bringing you pina coladas, and curling on your iPad!

Good curling,

12-08-17 07:50PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

memo to junior curlers

first end carruthers v botcher

this the exact way to NOT call the first end

reid is smarter than that - total brain fart that could have been worse - if reids last had picked and a few different calls 5 red seal - game and olympics toast in 20 minutes

you could see that end coming bad after lead rocks

12-08-17 09:48PM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

nichols

If mark get hot, gushue is going to be hard to beat

12-08-17 09:53PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Her 19 Consecutive Wins Were More Than Impressive BUT.....
Timing Is Everything!

Bet Jonesy Now Wishes She Could Have Started Her Winning Streak After The Masters And The National - Not Before.

12-08-17 10:26PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Jones beating Homan tomorrow would be biggest sports upset since Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson - or even when Rick Mercer scored 4 to take out The Ferbey 4 at the Brier.

12-08-17 10:39PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

nice game by reid coming back - tough way to lose

i guess im nicer than Brendan .. pretty sure i would have missed that last draw

12-08-17 10:54PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

ML in his own mind predictions for semi-finals:

McEwen vs. Gushue
McEwen 23% chance of victory; Gushue 77% chance of victory.

McEwen 5
Gushue 7

Jones vs. Homan

Homan 89% chance of victory; Jones 11% chance of winning.

Jones 4
Homan 7

12-09-17 05:06AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by TNH
CB,

Does YouTube work where you are? They have the WorldCurlingTour channel which will give you the Euro championships. Better yet for you is I searched YouTube for "roar of the rings" and found games!!

Here's Homan vs Sweeting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeUn3dgAsjo

Best of all worlds for you - a chaise lounge on the beach, handsome young men bringing you pina coladas, and curling on your iPad!

Good curling,

Yes, YouTube it is...too bad tsn won't allow the games to be shown live outside of Canada.

I predict Gushue will win...not sure about the women.