Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-19-17 03:37PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Find this curling rather underwhelming.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-19-17 04:39PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
hey clueless

alternating skips each game is cheating - 5th person substituting is not

lots of misses ..

Hey clueless. No its not. Read a rulebook that was printed after 1800s.
Rotating a skip is cheating but rotating any other player is not?
Please clue me in on the rule that they are breaking.

02-19-17 04:46PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

hmmm. two 5-enders relinquished this draw. Obviously, skipper misses, but is the ice getting iffy? I have no video. What are the commentators saying about it?

02-19-17 04:52PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Skipper misses yes, but the rest of team misses allowed the same color rocks to accumulate to count in the end.

02-19-17 04:54PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

quote:
what are you 6 ?

Come on fresca you can do better than that, quote the rule that proves it's cheating or give it a rest.

02-19-17 05:02PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
hmmm. two 5-enders relinquished this draw. Obviously, skipper misses, but is the ice getting iffy? I have no video. What are the commentators saying about it?

the usual BS- Merklinger makes fantastic ice, players are not reading ice change fast enough, the sheet is next to the crowd, it is so warm outside, etc etc,
Vic is so concerned about being able to count to 5 and acting as the idiotic sidekick, he doesn't even notice the frost,

02-19-17 05:23PM
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Okay so that's a no. Now you can lay that dumb argument to rest for good.

02-19-17 05:42PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:

It has been my experience that those that break, and bend the rules without the thought of how it affects others are pretty pathetic. God gets the sinners as they grow older - those that know they have been a little slippery are usually afraid of death - afraid of living an eternity in hell.

"We interrupt this curling board to bring you the latest religious commentaries of our various members..."

quote:
I just updated my living will to say they can harvest my organs before i die - i have lead a kind and generous life - not worried , as i did what was right , i never bent a rule to take advantage of someone.

But what if your organs are given to a 'cheater'?
Wouldn't that then make you sort of an accomplice?

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-19-17 06:19PM
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Man your speculation is worse than your rules knowledge. Happily married to a beautiful young lady, donated more than you know in person at the Scotties todayou, I don'the drink and most important I know the rules not make them up in my head because I have no knowledge. Cite the rule that says it's cheating or shut it. Wait you can't do either one.

02-19-17 06:20PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Lmfao. Fresca = Knob

He should hang with his good bud Resby...I mean Legend and watch old JJ games.

02-19-17 06:35PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

ok..note there are other world teams who use a 5 person rotation without penalty - i.e. Russia. A good idea imo. If our friends at the WCF don't mind, let's not squawk about it. Hey maybe this means that Epping can bring in Ed Werenich as a 5th. Old age & craftiness and youth and strength.

BTW AB lost to QC this afternoon.

And let's all donate to the Sandra Schmirler telethon today...any amount counts.

Peace

02-19-17 06:40PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Rule book

http://17962-presscdn-0-57.pagely.n...y-2014-2018.pdf

Please cite the rule number that says you cannot substitute the skip as a 5th or substitute player. I can't seem to find it where it says it's cheating to do so.

It may be your "Opinion" it's cheating but certainly not against or bending or breaking any rules of curling.

02-19-17 07:45PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

*walks into the thread I started*
*runs away*

02-19-17 07:58PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Kleibrink must be injured, Nedohin is skipping this evenings match.

02-19-17 08:19PM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Kleibrink must be injured, Nedohin is skipping this evenings match.

Kleinbrink has been troubled by a bad back. That's the reason they have Nedohin. She has subbed for K. Before. Back to back games pretty tough on her.

02-19-17 08:28PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler
*walks into the thread I started*
*runs away*

It's like olden times.
Good times.

02-19-17 09:06PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by BMalc

Kleinbrink has been troubled by a bad back. That's the reason they have Nedohin. She has subbed for K. Before. Back to back games pretty tough on her.

W

02-19-17 11:03PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

Team Carey has to be the weakest Team Canada I can recall. Nixon flashes at least two hits a game and Carey over thinks almost everything. Seeing Dan Carey's eyes bug out when they didn't peal the guards in 11 was priceless. How they could give back three in 10 was incredible. They will struggle to get to a tie breaker. I did not think they were going to be particularly strong but struggling with wide open hits and basic strategy is beyond reason. Yikes.

02-20-17 08:57AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

My dear ML,

If you are pining for JJ, not to worry, those saccharine WFG commercials showcasing JJ & family are being shown endlessly at the commercial break.

02-20-17 09:56AM
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

How does a curler that isn't even there get more mention than all the others that are present?

02-20-17 10:05AM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

I don't know. Thankfully,I'm visiting Knoxville and get the games on ESPN 3. None of the Canadian commercials, but repetitive Sportscenter ads. A little more endurable. Maybe JJ is mentioned because the curling is so bad.

02-20-17 10:05AM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan
Lmfao. Fresca = Knob

He should hang with his good bud Resby...I mean Legend and watch old JJ games.

Best move I made on this site was to put on ignore both ML and Fresca.

02-20-17 10:29AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Three
Team Carey has to be the weakest Team Canada I can recall. Nixon flashes at least two hits a game and Carey over thinks almost everything. Seeing Dan Carey's eyes bug out when they didn't peal the guards in 11 was priceless. How they could give back three in 10 was incredible. They will struggle to get to a tie breaker. I did not think they were going to be particularly strong but struggling with wide open hits and basic strategy is beyond reason. Yikes.

Terrible strategy from Team Carey in both 10 and 11. They were fortunate to escape with the W.

02-20-17 10:43AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

Terrible strategy from Team Carey in both 10 and 11. They were fortunate to escape with the W.

I agree. They were just terrible. Fortunately for them, the other team was not as lucky. I did think for a moment that PEI might come back.

02-20-17 10:48AM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

Yes. It was funny to hear Peterman actually beg for a timeout and say out loud that she doesn't like this and ' I love the peel' but then be ignored entirely. It will never happen but this team needs a change like Morris and Cotter did a few years back. Peterman should at least call the games and switch with Nixon. Once the Olympic cycle is over no way Peterman is going to sign up for another four years of this. (Take over for Shanon's rink? Oh God help me I sound like that idiot ML now.)