Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-11-15 08:05AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbobogie
I may have missed the big discussion, but are next year's finals being held in Jacksonville, Florida?

Yes.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-15-15 02:37PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

My choice is Craig Brown in the final vs. whoever he can beat and go to the Worlds.

What does he need to happen?

02-15-15 11:29PM
BumperUp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BumperUp Find more posts by BumperUp Add BumperUp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BumperUp
Harvey Hacksmasher

Anyone want to update their predictions after the first 3 draws? Brownie and Shuster off to a solid start while McCormick seems to be struggling.

Corbett is looking pretty strong too. I was impressed how they regrouped and got pretty close to stealing a victory over Gemmell after Stopera pulled the "oh, I didn't agree that it was two" move.

02-16-15 08:21AM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by BumperUp
Anyone want to update their predictions after the first 3 draws? Brownie and Shuster off to a solid start while McCormick seems to be struggling.

Corbett is looking pretty strong too. I was impressed how they regrouped and got pretty close to stealing a victory over Gemmell after Stopera pulled the "oh, I didn't agree that it was two" move.

Quite the "spirit of curling"...

02-16-15 08:38AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Brown seems extremely confident and patient to take his shots. He and Shuster seem to be the cream of the crop, no change from my initial feeling.

I didn't see any of the above mentioned scoring issue, seems a little odd at this level they can't agree to the point count before kicking stones.

02-16-15 09:34AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

McCormick has lost to Brown and Shuster so not sure if that means he is "struggling." It used to be that the round robin was set up so that top teams did not meet until the end of the week. Did USCA inadvertently print the draw in reverse order or has that policy changed?

02-16-15 09:48AM
Dcasper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dcasper Click here to Send Dcasper a Private Message Find more posts by Dcasper Add Dcasper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dcasper
Harvey Hacksmasher

The teams are technically not seeded anymore. and the draw is random. Fargo was the last time it was a seeded draw I beleive.

02-16-15 10:51AM
Asatru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Asatru Click here to Send Asatru a Private Message Find more posts by Asatru Add Asatru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Asatru
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by BumperUp

Prediction: Face over Clark in the finals;

Pretty sure that Corbett was the one trying to pull a fast one on Gemmell's squad... It looked close enough to measure, why kick it before getting a consensus?

Last edited by Asatru on 02-16-15 at 10:59AM

02-16-15 11:55AM
BumperUp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BumperUp Find more posts by BumperUp Add BumperUp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BumperUp
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Asatru

Pretty sure that Corbett was the one trying to pull a fast one on Gemmell's squad... It looked close enough to measure, why kick it before getting a consensus?

That makes total sense.

"Let's play the draw and kick the rocks before the opposing vice agrees to the second point rather than playing an open hit." Says no one. ever.

02-16-15 12:48PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Wow, some of these shots today are brutal to watch. Corbett's last two hammers as well as some of the first draw. Still figuring out the ice?

02-16-15 01:55PM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

quote:

Agree - this is covered in the rule book:

"The score of an end is decided when the skips or vice-skips in charge of the house agree upon the score. If stones that may have affected the points scored in an end are displaced prior to that decision, the non-offending team receives the benefit that might have accrued from a measurement."

02-16-15 03:58PM
mgulseth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mgulseth Click here to Send mgulseth a Private Message Find more posts by mgulseth Add mgulseth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mgulseth
Harvey Hacksmasher

They didn't have the benefit of the overhead cam like we did from TESN...it was clearly 2, however.

02-17-15 02:16PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

TJNCJ, Craigie Brownie controls his own destiny against everybody except Shuster. Face has too big of a Points lead should those two teams make the Finals. I will not be accepting your late bet. Try to keep up. Even Sean Murray knows to get his bets in on time...he just always bets longshots with no chance.

Here I go again, trying to talk Points. M Nice Man is in Kzoo carrying his wife's curling bag, so I'll do my best. However, the fact remains: I suck at it. Beads hasn't been around here to help since the USCA started hinting to its Board Of Directors to not post on curlingzone.

Kinda proud of my Face/Brownie exacta so far. They're looking very good. Duck and The Ducklings are looking good, but the schedule gets tougher. Haluptzok looking very good...especially for his age. Big win today and reasonable schedule to finish out. Heater has been looking like crap, but they are 3 and 2...maybe getting some traction. Dropkin The Younger got back into contention, but the schedule looks tough.

Ben Tucker
openly cheering for Shuster and the Face Team, even though there are lots of great guys and great curlers in the field

02-17-15 11:57PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

A post-game comment at our curling club tonight suggest that 90% of club curlers were hoping that non-HPP teams would win the nationals. But a different curler amended that to say that 90% of club curlers do not even care about nationals. Suspect both statements are correct -- 90% don't care and 90% of those that do care are pulling for non-HPP teams. Add the current results to this non-interest of club curlers and...??

02-18-15 12:50AM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Shuster and Brown in the morning for control of their own destiny to the page. It's clearly Craig or John's to lose at this point.

02-18-15 02:15AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:

Prediction: Face over Clark in the finals;

Talking to players after the game, it sounds like it was a miscommunication between the players and not really fault of anyone.

Corbett said two and Bill responded with "We're two", meaning we're second shot. This was misheard and unfortunately once the rocks were kicked it was too late to do anything else.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

02-18-15 10:52AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Shuster beats Brown 8-7 by placing a pretty darned good draw on the button in the 10th.

Pretty sure that clinches Shuster a spot in the final 4, and the inside track to the 1-2 game if he tends to business. His remaining 2 games are against Clark and Gemmell, so neither is a gimme, as both are fighting to make the playoffs.

Brown's loss doesn't really hurt his chances, at 5-2 one more win gets him in (with games against Meyers and Dropkin to go...that should be very acheivable)

Only Pustovar and Meyers are mathematically eliminated at this point, although Clark, Dropkin, and Haluptzok will need to win out and get help to crawl into tiebreakers.

(Side note question, has the USCA adopted the WCF's "only one round of tiebreakers" rule, or are ties still settled on the ice?)

HPP Funded teams are 12-9. Teams given berths in the tournament are 13-15. The Junior Men's entry is weighing that down at 1-6...but not much more could really be expected, unlike the funded Junior Men's team, the Meyers rink is in this crucible for the first time. We'll see what effect that has on their performance at Junior Worlds in a few weeks...have they learned from the experience, or has their confidence been broken by bringing home the wooden spoon?

02-18-15 11:14AM
MCC_PE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MCC_PE Click here to Send MCC_PE a Private Message Find more posts by MCC_PE Add MCC_PE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MCC_PE
Hitting Paint

Pustovar isn't mathematically eliminated yet as it is possible to have a 6-way tie for 4th at 4-5. Icemakers would be thrilled, especially if there's a 4-way tie for 4th in Women's Nationals.

Webstream schedule shows two potential tiebreak draws, Thursday @ 12 pm and 4 pm. Let's play three!

02-18-15 12:52PM
Asatru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Asatru Click here to Send Asatru a Private Message Find more posts by Asatru Add Asatru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Asatru
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by AlanMacNeill
HPP Funded teams are 12-9. Teams given berths in the tournament are 13-15.

The USCA company sponsored teams are not fairing too well by those numbers. I'll stand by my Face over Clark finals prediction. Once Clark gets hot, you can't stop that train from rolling, just get out of the way.

I heard that the USCA company said that Gemmell's team had to cover up their sponsor's because the USCA company didn't have 30 days to approve their competitor's sponsors? Is that a fact?

02-18-15 01:09PM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

quote:

The USCA company sponsored teams are not fairing too well by those numbers. I'll stand by my Face over Clark finals prediction. Once Clark gets hot, you can't stop that train from rolling, just get out of the way.

I heard that the USCA company said that Gemmell's team had to cover up their sponsor's because the USCA company didn't have 30 days to approve their competitor's sponsors? Is that a fact?

So less than a week after Gemmell's team knew they were going to Nationals, they had to have gotten approval of the logos? So they had to line up sponsors in less than a week to have gotten approved? Makes perfect sense. #anotherfailbyUSCA

02-18-15 03:53PM
Norse Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Norse Curler Click here to Send Norse Curler a Private Message Find more posts by Norse Curler Add Norse Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Norse Curler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Shuster has had the hammer every game and has the best record(possibly shows the importance of winning the shootouts),and Shuster has it against Clark too. On the other side, the junior girls have only had hammer in 2 of the 8 games and still won into the top 4.
Shuster's shootout scores are incredibly low compared to the rest of the field.
Still hoping for Shuster/McCormick final, 6-5 EE.

Last edited by Norse Curler on 02-18-15 at 04:09PM

02-18-15 04:56PM
Alice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alice Click here to Send Alice a Private Message Find more posts by Alice Add Alice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alice
Swing Artist

quote:

"The USCA company...." USCA, Inc. It's no longer an "association" of clubs much less individual curlers of all kinds. It's now just a subsidiary of USOC, Inc. which is a subsidiary of IOC, that bastion of transparency, efficient management, and promoter of fair play for both amateurs and professionals.

Enjoying the webcast every time Gemmell's microphone is broadcast and he lists off his sponsors and sometimes also other unfunded teams' sponsors.

Last edited by Alice on 02-18-15 at 04:58PM

02-18-15 07:25PM
nom de broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nom de broom Find more posts by nom de broom Add nom de broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nom de broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
A post-game comment at our curling club tonight suggest that 90% of club curlers were hoping that non-HPP teams would win the nationals. But a different curler amended that to say that 90% of club curlers do not even care about nationals. Suspect both statements are correct -- 90% don't care and 90% of those that do care are pulling for non-HPP teams. Add the current results to this non-interest of club curlers and...??

100% of club curlers around here are just calling the entire Men's Nationals competition Monday Night League: Midwest Tour 2015.

02-19-15 12:31AM
Asatru
Knee-Slider

Are we going to see any of the field step up? This nationals seems pretty top heavy with the 3 super teams left standing. Where are the other super powers of Larway, Birr, Pistol Pete, Farbs.... Shuster, Brownie, and Heater are all 5-1 vs the field!

Is there going to be a huge mess at 4-5 after tomorrow's games? I sure hope so... I'm thinking that it's going to be Pusty and Clark that play off for the 3-4 game.

Last edited by Asatru on 02-19-15 at 12:36AM

02-19-15 10:35AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Shuster defeats Gemmell to clinch being on top of the round Robin, and therefore clinches his guarantee to be in the top 3 along with Brown, who beats Dropkin in 9 ends to sew up the other 1-2 berth.

Gemmell and Dropkin's losses clinches the spot for McCormick while he's still on the ice, Gemmell and Dropkin still have a chance for playoffs, unless Corbett can protect the up two without in the 10th (weirdly, CZ's scoreboard and the webcase do not have the same score...webcast has 6-4 Corbett, as is confirmed by the scoreboard in the background, not the 5-5 in the 10th that CZ has.

(this is as of 10:36 AM, btw)

Last edited by AlanMacNeill on 02-19-15 at 10:39AM