Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2019 Women's Worlds- Silkeborg

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-20-19 08:31AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards

Very nice heartfelt post by Team Casey:

https://twitter.com/TeamCareyCurl/s...112915201175552

I thought I'd read the post by Team Carey and it seems I'm blocked. Don't know why. I've never posted anything that would make this action necessary. Strange.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-20-19 09:15AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Once she has declared her nationality, my question is can she ever switch back? Similar to Brett Hull denouncing his birth place of Canada to play for USA when he was shunned from team Canada back in the day. Once you "announce" your nationality at a worlds or international or Olympics, that's your country, similar to the old days of wheel of of fortune, once you buy a prize, it's yours to keep.......google it for the younger folks.

Have a listen to the Stone + Straw podcast with Jamie. They talk at length about how she ended up representing the USA. It's a very good discussion: https://player.fm/series/stone-stra...-jamie-sinclair

03-20-19 11:55AM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Only one real dominant all-star type team in Canada, Rachel Homan and they failed to secure the Scotties title by 2 shots and a few inches at STOH.

Homan team always prepared, can play variety of ice conditions, realize ice is same for both teams.

Team Jennifer Jones as well prepared as anyone in any field but skip is going thru a clear degrade in terms of shots made, sustained percentages, etc. Combined with some fallbacks at 3rd & 2nd Jones could even make the playoff round at STOH

Team Einarson - pretty scattered outfit with communication problems that make Chelsea Carey's communications look decent.

Team Scheidegger or Team Silvernagle should be able to advance to world playoff with 6-6 to 7-5 records. Their kryptonite would be fresh faces on the scene with little to no international experience.

McCarville, a professional steady-eddy would deliver a nice account of herself immo.

Right now for Chelsea Carey - EVERY GAME IS A MEDAL GAME.

So for those of you who have been considering playing the Manitoba Legend Drinking Game and wondering how it works, lets use this post as an example.

First off, you have single drinks for:

a)mentioning Rachel Homan (or Jones) in a thread that has nothing to do with them

b)taking a passive aggressive swipe at Team Cary's communication methods

Second, there is a special double shot bonus for introducing a post which is designed to totally take the topic thread sideways.

I mean, seriously, what does any of the above drivel have to do with the Women's Worlds? other than allowing ML to heap praise on Homan and Jones and then scorn of Carey.

But this is how the MLDG works and, as you can see, after one post and the equivalent of four shots, you'd be well on your way to passing out in the course of one or two ML posts. Sparing you further pain of enduring more.

03-20-19 12:06PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan

So for those of you who have been considering playing the Manitoba Legend Drinking Game and wondering how it works, lets use this post as an example.

a)mentioning Rachel Homan (or Jones) in a thread that has nothing to do with them

Second, there is a special double shot bonus for introducing a post which is designed to totally take the topic thread sideways.

I mean, seriously, what does any of the above drivel have to do with the Women's Worlds? other than allowing ML to heap praise on Homan and Jones and then scorn of Carey.

But this is how the MLDG works and, as you can see, after one post and the equivalent of four shots, you'd be well on your way to passing out in the course of one or two ML posts. Sparing you further pain of enduring more.

I think my liver hurts just at the thought of taking that many shots.

Agreed with you on ML. Even when it seems he's "praising" JJ, he puts her down by suggesting that she's ready for retirement. Hello, ML, the game's not just for the 30 and under crowd!

03-20-19 12:12PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Nice gritty win today. Made a few more shots. Still a ton of teams at 3 and 4 losses. I like their chance to make the playoffs, probably 5th or 6th

03-20-19 12:23PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Nice gritty win today. Made a few more shots. Still a ton of teams at 3 and 4 losses. I like their chance to make the playoffs, probably 5th or 6th

Huge win today. Still looked a little shaky at times. Will need to pick it up to another level for Switz-Russia-Sweden games coming up.

03-20-19 02:21PM
Jayelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jayelle Find more posts by Jayelle Add Jayelle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jayelle
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan

A better option that’s not as hard on your liver would be to scroll past the poster(s) that annoy you. Why waste your time reading what you consider to be drivel?

It’s been my experience that some people thrive on attention whether it’s negative or positive. Hard to do, I know, but ignoring attention seekers is the worst thing you can do to them. They thrive on attention; they wither away without it.

03-20-19 02:21PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

What is the tiebreaker system at the conclusion of the round robin? I know that the last-stone-draws are involved, but is there anything else like head-to-head in the round robin?

03-20-19 03:08PM
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
What is the tiebreaker system at the conclusion of the round robin? I know that the last-stone-draws are involved, but is there anything else like head-to-head in the round robin?

I think its H2H record first, and then LSD next. But there are no tiebreaker games at all.

03-20-19 04:32PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Do you realize that one curler doesn’t make a good team. Could you imagine if she had any of the top teams frontvends and thirds with her. She has been carrying USA on her back every game. Great shot maker.

Prior to the 2018-2019 season it was announced that Vicky Persinger had been "promoted" to Third on Cory Christensen's team and would no longer play with Sinclair.

While I had never paid much attention to the USA scene, I was aware that Persinger was the key, the Linchpin if you will, to Sinclair's success in 2017 -2018 and I was convinced it was only a matter of time before she became Sinclair's Third.

When I heard about this boneheaded, Trump - like decision I was hoping somebody would perhaps offer some kind of an explanation. To date, however, none has been forthcoming. So while I still don't know the reason(s), the consequences of that egregious decision have become very apparent over the last nine months as I pointed out in an earlier post.

Guess I don't have to tell anybody who Sinclair picked to be her 5th at this year's Worlds? P-E-R-S-I-N_G-E-R

03-20-19 04:38PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

I thought I'd read the post by Team Carey and it seems I'm blocked. Don't know why. I've never posted anything that would make this action necessary. Strange.

Try again...

03-20-19 08:15PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Deliverer,
I can’t recall now where I heard it, but if I recall correctly, Vicki Persinger didn’t want to play full time this season, and that was why she moved to Cory Christensen’s team. They are only a part-time team while it’s members also attend college.

03-20-19 11:09PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Try again...

Nope, still doesn't work. But thanks for your advice.

03-21-19 05:57AM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

Whether it's the ice, the rocks, the pressure, or just poor play, Chelsea is missing a lot of important shots that aren't terribly difficult. She was playing far better at the STOH. I can only pick out 4 of the 12 other teams (FIN, DNK, LVA, DEU) that Team Canada is clearly better than,

Canada is 4-4 and has 4 round robin matches remaining:

*SUI-Tirinzoni
*SWE-Hasselborg
*SCO-Jackson
*RUS-Kovaleva

*Carey has lost 8 of the last 9 against Tirinzoni.
*Carey has lost the last 7 against SWE-Hasselborg
*Carey is 0-1 against SCO-Jackson
*Carey is 0-1 against RUS-Kovaleva

03-21-19 06:49AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Nope, still doesn't work. But thanks for your advice.

Ok, I think that tweet was removed. I was able to go on to their twitter account.

03-21-19 09:40AM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

Jennifer Jones
JJ
Jen
fawns
Rachel
JJ
Jennifer
Jennifer Jones
Jennifer Jones
Jones
Jones

Don't mind me, I'm just quoting the great Manitoba Legend

GC

03-21-19 12:07PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by GreatCanadian
Jennifer Jones
JJ
Jen
fawns
Rachel
JJ
Jennifer
Jennifer Jones
Jennifer Jones
Jones
Jones

Don't mind me, I'm just quoting the great Manitoba Legend

GC

You have to take 10 drinks!!

03-21-19 02:31PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:

You have to take 10 drinks!!

Ow my liver.

03-21-19 07:43PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

That's Team Canada

quote:
Back to Denmark after being temporarily hi-jacked by the Troll Pirates Misery Tour . . . .

and somewhat good new - Chelsea Carey in full control of her future.

Wins over Sweden & Denmark (easy, right?) in her final two r.r. outings will give her somewhere between a 4th & 6th place finish.

Even losing to Sweden (a strong possibility unless Sweden is beginning to re-tool for the playoff round, FAT CHANCE)

Help Canada requires is against Japan & USA, who linger with the same morose records as Canada. Japans final two opponents are China & Sweden (both powerhouses) so I like our chances to pass Japan more than chances to pass Jamie USA Sinclair - who's final 2 opponents are Sophie Jackson Scotland and Team Suisse's Tirinzoni.
NOTE: Due to tie-breaker rules - and Canada already having dumped their games vs. Japan & USA, the scenario means Canada misses playoffs in event all 3 cling-on teams go 1-1 in their final two outings.

Canada needs to win at least 1 game and hope one or both of USA or Japan go 1-1 or 0-2.

Not totally out of the question but a hard slog nevertheless!

I just don't get your reasoning. You crap all over team Canada, especially ladies, ONLY the ladies, AFRAID OF THE MEN ML? When until now still have a chance to make the playoffs, we'll see tomorrow, 2 more games before it's decided. Need to win both for sure, 1 win need some help.

Go CanadaGo

03-21-19 08:17PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Canada needs to win at least 1 game and hope one or both of USA or Japan go 1-1 or 0-2

I think you contradicted yourself, ML. 😊 If Canada splits tomorrow and either USA or Japan do as well, then I believe Chelsea would be out, having lost to them both.

Unless I’m reading it incorrectly, if Canada loses to Sweden and the USA beats Scotland in the next draw, then Canada will miss the playoffs.

03-21-19 09:28PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by maybo

I think you contradicted yourself, ML. 😊 If Canada splits tomorrow and either USA or Japan do as well, then I believe Chelsea would be out, having lost to them both.

Unless I’m reading it incorrectly, if Canada loses to Sweden and the USA beats Scotland in the next draw, then Canada will miss the playoffs.

You are correct. Canada has to win one more game than both Japan AND the United States. Or their tourney is over.

03-21-19 11:44PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by guido

You are correct. Canada has to win one more game than both Japan AND the United States. Or their tourney is over.

Except if Japan defeats China and Canada gets to 7-5. In which case they need only one of the US or Japan to lose a game.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-21-19 at 11:51PM

03-22-19 12:13AM
drawthepin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drawthepin Click here to Send drawthepin a Private Message Find more posts by drawthepin Add drawthepin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drawthepin
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

If Canada, USA & Japan all go 2-0 in their final 2 outings then the tie-break, according to the rules reverts to pin distance accumulation over the event to decide placements. Don't know how Team Carey fared in this area - unless results are pre-posted somewhere.

If they all go 2-0, Canada is out. First tiebreaker is record against tied teams.
Japan 2-0
USA 1-1
Canada 0-2

03-22-19 02:37AM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Manitoba Legend Drinking Game SUPER BONUS ROUND!!!!

quote:

Always cheering for Team Canada unlike some of the traitorous vermin allowed on this site. . . . but also pointing out some flaws and problems. . . . . which the hater-vermin types hate - just look at the ferocity of their illiterate personal attacks (rage people with mental health challenges and IQs under 75 are rarely literate)

Any level-headed person with an IQ over 90 (most posters) will notice the hate-filled personal attackers seldom discuss curling, the almost always invoke attacks of the most vitriolic and despicable descriptions, falling back on their old reliable rubric that I called Gushue Goo and once referred to Cathy Overton-Clapham as grumpy. WOW - crimes against humanity!

Yes that's right folks, the MLGD has another, new SUPER BONUS ROUND!

Here's how it works:

Whenever ML lashes back at any poster who dares challenge the almighty ML and ML calls them a:

Troll
Vermin
Despicable
or any other name

Everyone must take two drinks

But that's not it dear CZ readers.

If ML names you specifically everyone else in the game-except you-must down their drink completely.

If ML also throws out his classic: 'I'll have Gerry ban you from this site' line or something akin to it. You then get to make the rest of your party down a shot of the most vile, evil and downright disgusting shooter you can concoct from the alcohol, condiments and mix on hand.

Just think of the possibilities. A B52 with a topping of Dijon Mustard and Jalopena stuffed olive.

So much fun all supplied by Manitoba Legendinhisownmind.

03-22-19 03:04AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

If Canada, USA & Japan all go 2-0 in their final 2 outings then the tie-break, according to the rules reverts to pin distance accumulation over the event to decide placements. Don't know how Team Carey fared in this area - unless results are pre-posted somewhere.

If Canada goes 1-1 (loss to Sweden, win over Denmark) Canada can still reach Top 6 under a few scenarios. Both Japan & USA both go 0-2 (unlikely, but possible)
If one of them goes 0-2 then we;d move ahead of that team (assuming we win at least 1 game remaining)

Always cheering for Team Canada unlike some of the traitorous vermin allowed on this site. . . . but also pointing out some flaws and problems. . . . . which the hater-vermin types hate - just look at the ferocity of their illiterate personal attacks (rage people with mental health challenges and IQs under 75 are rarely literate)

Any level-headed person with an IQ over 90 (most posters) will notice the hate-filled personal attackers seldom discuss curling, the almost always invoke attacks of the most vitriolic and despicable descriptions, falling back on their old reliable rubric that I called Gushue Goo and once referred to Cathy Overton-Clapham as grumpy. WOW - crimes against humanity!

Wrong........again.