Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Road to the Roar/Roar of the rings

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-30-17 04:48PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Road to the Roar/Roar of the rings

with these events coming fast i figured id open a thread to talk about them. its for both but since the road to the roar is in a week lets try and focus on that for now

im excited, honestly more so for the road to the roar than the actual olympic trials main event

its totally wide open. 2 teams get through each

men's picks:

jason gunnlaugson
adam casey

back up picks:

brendan bottcher
glenn howard

women's picks:

kerri einarson
krista mccarville

back up picks:

kelsey rocque
shannon birchard

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-30-17 07:39PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

@ Misty, picking 4 people is not the way the game works. No backups.

10-30-17 07:59PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Women - Einarson McCarville darkhorse - Thompson

Men - Lyburn Ménard - darkhorse - Flasch

10-31-17 09:48AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

@legend - can you at least use his proper name? its jason

@ decade- oh, come on everyone has back up picks in case their main picks fall. if it makes things better i'll wipe out my back ups and pick 1 darkhorse.

men - bottcher
women - birchard

11-02-17 08:10AM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Just a few days left before the pretrials.

TSN is not showing any games from the round robin. I am looking for volunteers to share some games on CurlingGeek. All you need is a laptop. Geeking is fun, easy, and you'll be a hero to a lot of fans who can't make it to Summerside.

Please contact me by email: geek@curlinggeek.com

11-02-17 08:22AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

thats a ****ing joke. i was so looking forward to this and now i only get to see 6 games?. im ****ing pised, this is one of the most important events all season. **** tsn. what the hell is wrong with them?.they should be broadcasting the whole thing.

sick of them treating curling like a second rate sport. time to hand their curling rights to someone else

11-02-17 09:08AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Go Geeks Go. It is a disappointment - but we'll follow on line. Would be nice to have a forum member in the stands. Let's share tweets here too - good for shot links and info sharing. Final scores are here, fb twitter - and of course the Curling.ca site. Also watch for FB life streams - and share here if/when you find one. This can be our clearing house for viewing options. I always enjoyed the after-game interviews on curling.ca - hope they still do those, even for non-televised games. Grrrrr.

11-02-17 09:22AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

its just stupid. when i think of everything they broadcast , the crap they have in its entirety why cant they broadcast this whole event.

how would cfl fans feel if they only broadcasted the playoffs? or nhl fans .

so many teams that dont normally get on tv would have gotten exposure , which would have been great. i was so excited for this

11-02-17 09:31AM
dks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dks Click here to Send dks a Private Message Find more posts by dks Add dks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dks
Hitting Paint

I think TSN figured the Road to the Roar wouldn't be as popular as it is. Curling on TV is more popular now and with the quality of the field there certainly would be interest. Would be nice to have a second broadcast crew do the pre-trials just for a change. I love the current crew, just would like to see something different.

11-02-17 09:43AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by dks
I think TSN figured the Road to the Roar wouldn't be as popular as it is. Curling on TV is more popular now and with the quality of the field there certainly would be interest. Would be nice to have a second broadcast crew do the pre-trials just for a change. I love the current crew, just would like to see something different.

tsn demonstrates time and again it has no idea what people want to see

p.s - Quote button works now!

11-02-17 11:08PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

p.s - Quote button works now!

Wonderful, now if I could just learn how to "subscribe to a thread"!!!!!!! Just need some direction.

11-03-17 08:42PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Hopefully curlinggeek.com covers some RR games

11-04-17 08:19AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i almost wish sportsnet would take curling from tsn

11-04-17 10:18AM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
i almost wish sportsnet would take curling from tsn

You do realize that SN doesnt broadcast every draw of the GSOC?

11-05-17 03:56PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler

You do realize that SN doesnt broadcast every draw of the GSOC?

im aware but we get coverage starting at about the half way which isnt perfect but its still better than just the playoffs so we get some idea of how things happened

sportsnet's coverage is just better when it covers an event and the crew on commentary is miles better

they covered the full events the last 2 times so i dont know why they arent now.im just pissed because i was so looking forward to this bonus week of curling we wouldnt normally have. gets even worse when i see what crap will be on instead, its not competing with anything.

with the increase of curling's popularity how could they not get advertising interest especially with all the big names involved

Last edited by misty1 on 11-05-17 at 04:00PM

11-05-17 04:35PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Wonderful, now if I could just learn how to "subscribe to a thread"!!!!!!! Just need some direction.

I somehow subscribed to the earlier threads to get email notifications. I think it's automatic once you reply? It defaults in the option box to receive.

11-05-17 05:31PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Good news: we have at least two geeks available for the week. They have other duties, so we won't get every draw, but expect some decent coverage on https://games.curlinggeek.com

11-05-17 07:26PM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

That is great Curling Geek.

11-06-17 05:08PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Hart not playing http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...-hart-1.4372004

11-07-17 03:13PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

On Morris/Cotter team did Sawatsky get hurt or just replaced?

11-07-17 04:41PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade Hart not playing (knee injury)

Adam Spencer playing 3rd for Howard. Long history as 3rd - Balsdon, Rumsfled - also teammate of Scott Howard. Prob decent chemistry.
Re: Sawatzky - dunno?

11-07-17 05:12PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

think rick is out for the season with an injury

11-07-17 06:05PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

ESPN3 will carry the TSN coverage

For USA readers: I just searched forward on my ESPN app and found that they will be carrying the TSN coverage that’s coming up this Saturday and Sunday.

11-08-17 03:24PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Pleased to see Flasch pull off a doubleyou over Morris. Just a fan thing. Sorry to see Menard down in the EE against Simmons. #FanThing. Two qualifiers get there - Playoffs = short term goal.

11-08-17 05:19PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

be nice to see the old guy get a spot.