Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-29-17 10:35PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

I'll agree with you there. stjerne is so frustrating to watch.he can be one of the best teams in the world then turn around and be awful. but he was like that as a junior too. always very up and down

to answer your question about norway. they have a national championship. normally ulsrud is so far ahead of every other team the result doesnt matter. this year however, since walstad has had such a good year on tour it changed things. walstad beat ulsrud in the norwegian championship twice . once in the round robin then again in the final. they had a best of 3 final though. ulsrud won game 2 and then walstad won game 3 , winning the right to represent norway at worlds.

as for michel..never impressed with him. he had one good euros but he never did anything at worlds. he kind of stepped in to fill the void in switzerland when stockli retired and had a few good years. once decruz and other young teams like pfister matured though his time was over. switzerland will be in way better hands with the likes of decruz, pfister and, when they get a little more experience schwaller

murdoch has had a really good year on tour. doesnt mean a lot going into this event , i know, its different. but he has a lot of experience and a strong team with him . if they get hot for a week they can win it all

About Michel, he's only 28, so it's not like he's near done, plus Pfister was on his team last year.

Murdoch's had the 4th best year out of the teams here, De Cruz has been better and of Course Sweden and Canada.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-30-17 03:42AM
gushuechamp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gushuechamp Click here to Send gushuechamp a Private Message Find more posts by gushuechamp Add gushuechamp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gushuechamp
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Brad was on fire for the Brier...the whole team was totally focused, I had no doubt they would win. Teams practice to peak for certain events...i.e. Jones & Jacobs for the Olympics. Homan for the Worlds this year. While I would love to see Canada win the World Men's this year, I have a feeling it will be Edin. JMO.

And since you are an idiot who is wrong on pretty much every prediction you make that is great news for Brad, and makes me feel even better than I already did about his chances.

03-31-17 11:44PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

So is everyone hyped for the Worlds tomorrow, my picks for draw 1 winners are: Canada, US, Japan and Germany.

04-01-17 12:05AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Hopefully Canada golds and USA doesn't make the playoffs.

04-01-17 12:50AM
curlinglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlinglove Find more posts by curlinglove Add curlinglove to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlinglove
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Hopefully Canada golds and USA doesn't make the playoffs.

I like Canada's chances for gold. What is so bad about USA? They're a great bunch of guys.

04-01-17 04:49AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by gushuechamp

And since you are an idiot who is wrong on pretty much every prediction you make that is great news for Brad, and makes me feel even better than I already did about his chances.

Calling people names like this in your first month on this message board, only 15 posts in, will not win you any respect from the good people on this board. Quite the opposite.
You'll likely impress those of your own ilk, though.

On the positive side, it's good that you've revealed your ugly character this early.

As for my perspective... I hope you decide to disappear as quickly as you've appeared.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

04-01-17 08:25AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im hoping switzerland wins personally. they havent won a mens title since markus eggler in 1992..they havent even made a final since 2003.

04-01-17 10:01AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlinglove

I like Canada's chances for gold. What is so bad about USA? They're a great bunch of guys.

Last year Shuster showed he has zero class. Don't mind the rest of the team.

04-01-17 10:06AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Shuster

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Last year Shuster showed he has zero class. Don't mind the rest of the team.

Remind us. I don't recall the incident. Thanks. Of course I'm cheering for Gushue.

04-01-17 10:39AM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: Shuster

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Remind us. I don't recall the incident. Thanks. Of course I'm cheering for Gushue.

watch the 8th end of the 3/4 game.
He is almost begging anyone that is within earshot to allow his rock to stay in the rings. Ty George suggests differently, but Shuster shuts him down.

04-01-17 10:40AM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

A Japanese stone hit the side and then one of Shuster's and there was debate on whether it would have been in or out. The Japanese accepted the call, but some Canadians cannot.

It was a tough call, and was argued both ways for some time, but no one can make the call for sure, no matter what they may argue.

John is a good guy and has a lot of class, I wish him the best of luck.

04-01-17 11:39AM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by TJNCJ
A Japanese stone hit the side and then one of Shuster's and there was debate on whether it would have been in or out. The Japanese accepted the call, but some Canadians cannot.

It was a tough call, and was argued both ways for some time, but no one can make the call for sure, no matter what they may argue.

John is a good guy and has a lot of class, I wish him the best of luck.

Lol, I'll take the word of the many unbiased world class curlers who have nothing to do with either Japan or the USA. I could not find ONE curler at the time who thought the USA rock would have ever stayed. If you follow some curlers on Twitter you can get their unbiased thoughts that don't go through the media machine. For instance Eve Muirhead tweeted moments after the incident "That yellow was never staying in the house....crazy!" Shuster really was begging anybody even on his own team to believe that rock would have stayed. Fair play, he was allowed to make the decision he did and he broke no rules. The Japanese team should have been on the ball to pull the stone as soon as it hit the side-boards so it is their fault and they can cry about nothing. Having said all that Shuster for sure lost some respect amongst his fellow curlers, of that there can be little doubt.

04-01-17 01:06PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Pull stone? The stones were located so close to the edge and proximity of each other that it was physically impossible for the Japanese to have pulled the stone.

04-01-17 02:32PM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

Its been a year and you're still hung up on this? Looked to me like Shuster made the right call. It was only close because the out of play red stone bumped the yellow another foot. Without the bump the USA stone easily bites the 12. Shuster was right there with a better view than all of us. It was his call to make and I have no problem with his decision.

The shot is at 1:45:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD7QLJCwo-4

04-01-17 04:40PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Pull stone? The stones were located so close to the edge and proximity of each other that it was physically impossible for the Japanese to have pulled the stone.

He had no time to react to it but he had tons of time if he had anticipated it like he should have. Perhaps not playing with those sponges bumpers and knowing what they do cost them. Just watched it again, lots of time to pull it if his hand is waiting for it to hit the bumper.

04-01-17 04:56PM
Three
Swing Artist

So Carter Rycroft is officially an alternate on the Dutch team. Ridiculous. No other sport lets you jump to a different national team after a conference call of the interested parties (curling Canada, the Dutch, world Curling federation). Makes the sport look bush league.

Lol, I totally fell for April Fools day! Love it! Great job by curling Canada fooling a simpleton like me!

Last edited by Three on 04-01-17 at 04:59PM

04-01-17 07:17PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
im hoping switzerland wins personally. they havent won a mens title since markus eggler in 1992..they havent even made a final since 2003.

Playoffs is probably the best you can hope for, this team doesn't have what it takes to win it all, Michel was better.

Last edited by Stoner on 04-01-17 at 07:29PM

04-01-17 07:28PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

So draw 1 is in the books and I went 4 for 4 on picks, here are my draw 2 winners: Norway, Italy, Sweden and US.

04-01-17 08:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

Playoffs is probably the best you can hope for, this team doesn't have what it takes to win it all, Michel was better.

i disagree. michel was okay but decruz is a lot better in my opinion.

decruz probably isnt ready to win the worlds yet but they will one day

04-01-17 08:04PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

my picks to win tonight:

scotland - tough call but experience may prove to be the deciding factor here. wouldnt be surprised to see this go the other way

germany - its basically 50/50 here, again.

sweden - should come out on top but could be close

united states - looked great in game one but the russians really struggled so hard to gauge where they really are. switzerland played canada tight . it came down to one disastrous miss in 7 that turned out to be the one that decided the match so i expect this to be close

04-01-17 08:08PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

i disagree. michel was okay but decruz is a lot better in my opinion.

decruz probably isnt ready to win the worlds yet but they will one day

De Cruz is only 1 year younger than Michel you know. But yeah, they might have a shot at getting into the gold medal match this time, they might be better than Michel, time will tell, I mean Edin had a bad Worlds last year, so who knows, but their 4th will certainly have to up his game, the rest of the team did do fairly well vs. Canada.

Canada has a tough first few draws, they are playing all the tough teams except for Norway in their 1st half.

04-01-17 08:09PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Since Switzerland gifted most of Canada s points, Canada will have to elevate their game to be in the gold game.

04-01-17 08:17PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Since Switzerland gifted most of Canada s points, Canada will have to elevate their game to be in the gold game.

Agreed..the Swiss had some misses which turned things around. USA had almost a too easy game which can be a detriment. Too bad TSN only shows games with Canada. I'd like to see SCO & SWE.

04-01-17 08:19PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
my picks to win tonight:

scotland - tough call but experience may prove to be the deciding factor here. wouldnt be surprised to see this go the other way

germany - its basically 50/50 here, again.

sweden - should come out on top but could be close

united states - looked great in game one but the russians really struggled so hard to gauge where they really are. switzerland played canada tight . it came down to one disastrous miss in 7 that turned out to be the one that decided the match so i expect this to be close

Murdoch is too shaky for me and Walstad is on the rise clearly, Walstad could surprise everyone here like the Womens Swiss a few years back.

Italy has Germany's number, they've never lost to them, so that's why I went Italy, this German team won only 1 game at least year's Worlds too.

Edin's probably not losing to Liu.

US even though it was vs. Russia, still had a good game, the Swiss coming off a tough loss and their 4th not playing well are very vulnerable to lose again, US should take advantage.

04-01-17 08:26PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

It's only the 1st game.