Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 5 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-06-17 01:53PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

And Tuck's dream scenario comes true.

US 6 - Netherlands 5 and Switzerland 6-Japan 5 ensure that the US is at least the 4 seed.

Higher numbers are a possibility...the 2 is not mathemematically impossible.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-06-17 02:06PM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

Unless there's a shot at the 1-2 game (not sure how likely it is), losing to Sweden (and assuming Sweden beats Netherlands) would result in a US/Switzerland 3-4 game. I'd rather play SUI than SWE.

Is there a scenario where the US would want to lose so that they don't play Sweden in the 3-4 game?? Hmmmmmm...

I've said he probably was the best the US had to send. I'm glad they're in the playoffs. I feel his on-ice demeanor does not do them any favors though. When one is up, of course it's easy to be happy and jovial and loose and joking. But if he misses, or gets down, completely different story; frantic sweep calls, under-the-breath negative comments, etc.

04-06-17 02:12PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
BIG morning for USA curling! If we beat the Netherlands and the Swiss beat Japan, we're IN! Last game would be meaningless; unless an unlikely scenario happens and we could move up.

Nice posts from Alan and Biter...except that Biter and the cheeseheads aren't allowed to claim John. True, Hammy is every bit as cheesy as that mustache...but John is a dang gopher. I'm not fond of gophers, but they are better than cheeseheads.

I'm trying hard to keep my optimism in check, but it's getting difficult.

Ben Tucker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Shuster

http://www.usacurlingnationals2017....n/team-shuster/

Superior is still in Wisconsin.

04-06-17 02:33PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Getting into the 1-2 isn't impossible....it's unlikely...but it's possible.

First, the US absolutely MUST win it's next game, over Sweden. Losing it clinches the 4 seed.

At that same time, we need China to defeat Switzerland. If Switzerland wins, the best we can get is 3rd.

If China does so, then, we gotta rely on the Netherlands...so...yeah...good luck with that...but it's possible.

*IF* the NEtherlands were to win over Sweden tonight, then, the US, Sweden, and Switzerland would all be tied at 8-3.

As the H2H within those 3 teams would be tied at 1-1 (US beat Sweden who beat Switzerland who beat the US), and since this does not involve elimination from the event, seeds 2-4 woudl be seeded by LSD.

I do not know where the US stands in LSD between the three teams.

However, if the US was tops in that, then (as I understand it), they would get the 2 seed.

The only way for the US to get 3rd is either to be 2nd in that tie, or for Switzerland to beat China and Sweden to lose out...in that case Switzerland gets the 2 (9-2), and Sweden and the US are tied for 3rd at 8-3. US would win the tiebreaker in that scenario, so have the hammer for the game.

Canada, by the way, has the 1 seed completly locked, stocked, barreled, etc.

04-06-17 02:49PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

The DSC Standings:

Canada 13.26 cm
Sweden 15.93 cm
China 25.77 cm
USA 26.68cm
Switzerland 26.93 cm

The USA cannot catch Sweden under any scenario.

04-06-17 03:04PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar
The DSC Standings:

Canada 13.26 cm
Sweden 15.93 cm
China 25.77 cm
USA 26.68cm
Switzerland 26.93 cm

The USA cannot catch Sweden under any scenario.

There are still games to be played. Should USA cover the pin and Sweden throw some bad ones, it's possible. Sweden would have to add 300-400 cms to their total over their last 4 draws for their average to be more than USA.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-06-17 04:00PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

There are still games to be played. Should USA cover the pin and Sweden throw some bad ones, it's possible. Sweden would have to add 300-400 cms to their total over their last 4 draws for their average to be more than USA.

Bad wording on my part. There is a possibility but Sweden's current toss outs (worst two draws) are 35.1 and 67.4. So they almost need to throw 4 of their worst 5 stones in the last two draws while the US needs to throw two of their best. With Sweden's current average distance on all shots at 19.80 and a standard deviation of 15 I would give you some tremendous odds on the bet.

04-06-17 04:06PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

DSC this afternoon:

Sweden 23.1 cm
USA 132.7 cm

04-06-17 08:31PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Dang! Close out with a convincing win over Edin! Nice. Joe Polo in at second to get some rocks just in case someone pulls a Dustin Johnson.

Go USA!

Ben Tucker

04-07-17 11:53AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Did I miss the comments on Tyler's rule breach?

04-07-17 12:03PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Did I miss the comments on Tyler's rule breach?

The American hating bashers are on the other thread, you'll have to go there to pile on. Some just can't stand it when the USA has any level of success. When Mr. Murphy left I thought most of that went with him, but there are always a few left.

04-07-17 12:22PM
MCC_PE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MCC_PE Click here to Send MCC_PE a Private Message Find more posts by MCC_PE Add MCC_PE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MCC_PE
Hitting Paint

Was it technically against the rules? Yes, but so is driving 26 mph in a 25 mph zone. Tyler's issue was that he went beyond the accepted norm, like going 40 mph in a 25 mph speed zone when cops might let you go 35 mph before pulling you over.

Lots of curlers at all levels of play are loose with sweeping rules, especially waiting for an opponent's stone to actually get to the tee before sweeping (even if you're only physically sweeping behind the tee, you have to wait until the rock gets to the tee), and sweeping a stationary stone before it's set in motion (warming).

04-07-17 01:23PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

quote:

The American hating bashers are on the other thread, you'll have to go there to pile on. Some just can't stand it when the USA has any level of success. When Mr. Murphy left I thought most of that went with him, but there are always a few left.

So you support what Tyler did?

04-07-17 01:51PM
Diego is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Diego Click here to Send Diego a Private Message Find more posts by Diego Add Diego to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diego
Harvey Hacksmasher

I don't think anyone "supports" what Tyler did. Hell, even Tyler does not support what he did. However, many bashers are saying it was intentional and the USA team are cheaters.

Nothing can be farther from the truth. Tyler got caught up in the moment and had a brain fart. It happens. He later apologized when it was pointed out to him. No excuses.

Now, let's get ready for the playoffs and cheer on the USA to a shiny medal, hopefully that Gold or silver.

USA!

04-07-17 02:06PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

Golf - placing ball incorrectly or signing an incorrect scorecard results in a stroke penalty and losing a major
Basketball - calling a timeout when you don't have one results in losing the national championship
Tennis - foot faulting on match point against or serving the ball a mm out results in losing a match
Hockey - being off side by a mm results in a goal being called back
Long Jump - being a mm into the pleistocene results in a red flag and no jump even if you just broke the world record
Curling - hog line violation results in the rock being taken off

Curling - burning a rock in the house while sweeping or illegally sweeping in the house.............SORRY DUDE. I APOLOGIZE!

Take your apology and...................

04-07-17 02:09PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlky

So you support what Tyler did?

No, but I support Tyler. I know these guys and they are all good guys who take curling and the rules serious. Excitement that the shot was made got the best of him. These guys aren't professionals like Gushue and company, just four underfunded guys trying to make their country proud.

The commenters who don't know the guy and can hide behind their CZ ID's like to talk tough but probably just don't like America in general.

04-07-17 02:18PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

quote:

No, but I support Tyler. I know these guys and they are all good guys who take curling and the rules serious. Excitement that the shot was made got the best of him. These guys aren't professionals like Gushue and company, just four underfunded guys trying to make their country proud.

The commenters who don't know the guy and can hide behind their CZ ID's like to talk tough but probably just don't like America in general.

Gushue and the boys all hold jobs like the American team. As for excitement that the shot was made getting the best of him, it was the Dutch shot that was made where he illegally swept the dutch rock so dont see how that excuses it.

04-07-17 02:47PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

It's up to the Dutch to call the penalty at the time...not CZ posters. If the Dutch don't know the rules, then a rules seminar needs to be available. Unlike the LPGA the WCF doesn't take advice from CZ poster and tv viewers. Did the Dutch curlers do anything?

04-07-17 03:02PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

The Dutch may not have seen it but it is also up to George to call his infractions,no different than a touch stone.

04-07-17 03:03PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13

Gushue and the boys all hold jobs like the American team. As for excitement that the shot was made getting the best of him, it was the Dutch shot that was made where he illegally swept the dutch rock so dont see how that excuses it.

http://inthehousecurling.blogspot.com/

Your countryman doesn't agree calling Menard the best "amateur" team in Canada.

I get it, you don't like Americans, and am fine with that. Someone posted that its too bad because Tyler was the "good" one on Team USA. Now because of one issue he sucks too. Good for you.

Good luck to team Gushue, they are the best team and should win it.

But even more luck to four nice guys who I hope don't take this trolling to heart.

04-07-17 03:23PM
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Apparently you need to work on your comprehension skills. I just pointed out that Tyler was ultimately responsible for the rules violation and should have called it on himself.No where did I say anything bad about him. It also does not change the fact they benefited from the infraction which taints the result.

04-07-17 04:13PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13
Apparently you need to work on your comprehension skills. I just pointed out that Tyler was ultimately responsible for the rules violation and should have called it on himself.No where did I say anything bad about him. It also does not change the fact they benefited from the infraction which taints the result.

Tyler didn't realize he was in the wrong. Hard to call it on yourself when you didn't know until after the game was over.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-07-17 05:58PM
courtneyshaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for courtneyshaw Click here to Send courtneyshaw a Private Message Find more posts by courtneyshaw Add courtneyshaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
courtneyshaw
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Tyler didn't realize he was in the wrong. Hard to call it on yourself when you didn't know until after the game was over.

For those of us who missed the game against the Dutch, what happened?

04-07-17 06:17PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Good to see you Yanks in the playoffs. Hope you go all the way and win Gold-best thing for the game IMO.

And don't worry about Teelinegate. It's hardly the first time anyone's had a brain fart at the tee line. And it's not like Canadians have ever done anything like that, right? (Kevin Martin's corn broom and brush antics for example...)

04-07-17 07:47PM
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

quote:

A foot and a half in front of the t-line for the full time the rock was in motion is not a minor error. even if he didn't realize it at the time once he saw the rock reach the t-line it should have dawned on him. Had that rock not been swept it would have definitely affected the shot selection for Shuster as hitting the rocks the way he did would not have given him shot

Last edited by dugless_zone 13 on 04-07-17 at 07:51PM