W: English National Womens Curling Championship
M: English National Mens Curling Championship
M: USA U18 Mens Championship
M: New Brunswick Mixed Doubles Championship
: GNCC Mixed Championship
M: Estonian Mixed Doubles National Championship
W: Teulon MJCT Womens Spiel
Central Time (CT)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Women's Olympics

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 11 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-21-18 12:21PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

I've maintained for years that Eve Muirhead deploys a "Weak 3rd Model" of curling.

By that I mean Eve has immense confidence in her ability to bounce off opponent stones or make massive runbacks that she allows a weaker 3rd (in this case Anna Sloan) to litter the ice with rocks, whether missed or made they provide ammunition for Eve to rock off of later in the end.

She's changed the strategy somewhat as Sloan has improved slightly - now Vicky Adams can sandbag with the best of them.

Eve knows what she's doing. And her opponents are terrified - even if they have superior players at lead, 2nd, 3rd.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-21-18 05:32PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Click here to Send Nine Ender a Private Message Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Loony
Rachel's face splat should make people appreciate Jennifer Jones & Co.s' performance last cycle even more. Rachel's team is very good and to not even make the playoffs makes you realize that to go through the whole Olympics undefeated is/was quite a feat and Jen and her whole team should be lauded.

Should also make you appreciate how good Homan's team has been in numerous high end events before this one.

02-21-18 07:26PM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Knee-Slider

Enough of the team Canada post-mortem; its playoff time! Who does everyone like (both in chances and support)?

For the patriots, both GB and Japan have Canadian coaches. The PA countries have slight winning records among the remaining teams; the two European teams are 1-2.

I find it hard to cheer against Japan. They have impressive technique and seem both personable and likable. A win by a PA country would be great for the growth of the sport.

02-21-18 07:33PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

It’s nice when the host country wins a lot of gold ...

02-21-18 07:45PM
Bulls Eye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bulls Eye Find more posts by Bulls Eye Add Bulls Eye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bulls Eye
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

Agreed. Korea certainly justified their auto-berth better than Russia in 2014 and Italy in 2006.

02-21-18 07:48PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Hitting Paint

NEISKI

NO CRITICISM INTENDED HERE, BUT, PLZ, AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, WHY R U STILL WATCHING "ARCHER"? CMIIW, BUT IT'S JUST FOR KIDS ISN'T IT? NRN EOR TC.

02-21-18 08:04PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Bulls Eye
Enough of the team Canada post-mortem; its playoff time! Who does everyone like (both in chances and support)?

For the patriots, both GB and Japan have Canadian coaches. The PA countries have slight winning records among the remaining teams; the two European teams are 1-2.

I find it hard to cheer against Japan. They have impressive technique and seem both personable and likable. A win by a PA country would be great for the growth of the sport.

i picked muirhead to win from the beginning but im thinking now it's gonna be hasselborg.

for the men ...i am gonna go with edin. it's hard. koe that's been here has not been convincing at all . if he picks up it and they play their best i can see them winning but my guy is just telling me to go with edin

as for who i want to win.. i want muirhead to win the women's event. she is my favorite team left of the 4. if not her fujisawa.

for the men i would love to see decruz win but i doubt he'll even get out of the tiebreaker . that would leave canada, US, sweden and great britain to choose from and to be honest i don't have a preference in that case

02-21-18 08:06PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

yeah, it's been good to see korea start wraking in the medals over the last couple days. because through the first 6 or 7 days they'd only won like 2 and it was depressing

02-21-18 08:09PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
NEISKI

NO CRITICISM INTENDED HERE, BUT, PLZ, AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, WHY R U STILL WATCHING "ARCHER"? CMIIW, BUT IT'S JUST FOR KIDS ISN'T IT? NRN EOR TC.

Why are you shouting?

02-21-18 09:08PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer NELSKI. NO CRITICISM INTENDED HERE, BUT, PLZ, AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, WHY R U STILL WATCHING "ARCHER"? CMIIW, BUT IT'S JUST FOR KIDS ISN'T IT? NRN EOR TC.
Hah Deliverer - Shouting Just like ARCHER - Just found it. No Not for kids - but your rant was cool.

02-21-18 09:47PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
NEISKI

Did you not know typing in capital letters is rude.

It does not get your point across any better than a normal person who types properly.

02-21-18 09:54PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

as of 8:30 pm winnipeg time the holman team is not the unhappiest teaM in curling

Great Britain lads will be on suicide watch for a week after that 5 in 9th end

cant think of a worse thing to happen to me than that -

its a slippery game ....

NO ITS NOT RUDE !!!! ITS YELLING !!!!! LIKE WOMEN CURLERS AND WOMEN TENNIS PLAYERS ..

02-22-18 08:07AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Why are you shouting?

FCOL, what's the matter decade, have you never watched Archer? If you had I'm certain you would quickly appreciate the reason for the 'caps" . NRN

02-22-18 08:21AM
Deliverer
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

Did you not know typing in capital letters is rude.

It does not get your point across any better than a normal person who types properly.

FCOL, what's the matter, Curler 1, hasn't anybody in Brandon ever watched Archer? Surely somebody there understands the reason for the "caps". Nothing, whatsoever to do with rudeness, actually it's quite clever. NRN

02-22-18 08:34AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:

FCOL, what's the matter, Curler 1, hasn't anybody in Brandon ever watched Archer? Surely somebody there understands the reason for the "caps". Nothing, whatsoever to do with rudeness, actually it's quite clever. NRN

I could not tell you what other people do or watch in Brandon.

As for me, I have no idea what Archer is, as I suffer severe depression and anxiety. I don't watch much Tv and I don't get out to see what others like to watch.

02-22-18 08:39AM
watcher2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for watcher2 Click here to Send watcher2 a Private Message Find more posts by watcher2 Add watcher2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
watcher2
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Thank you chicken little ...

The sky is not falling and many of us have pointed out how the system works so that many countries win various medals ..

ML with follow up with a list of the interesting gold medal wins .. as Kennedy said this week “ it’s not a war where people are getting killed- we are trying to have fun and enjoy the spectacle “. - if he can you should be able too...

Homan team will probably gold - not likely that the 100% curling that they have been battling will go on much longer

Take a breath old timer

Only Canadians are silly enough to believe that the Olympics are not war, the rest of the world certainly approaches it as war. Canadians are good losers.....because they have had so much practice at it! I can't wait to see the posts when Koe falls out of the metals. I hope there is a post mortem forum, I can't wait to read the excuses!

02-22-18 10:24AM
Deliverer
Hitting Paint

I believe you are correct, the Olympics are war.
Seems to me also that too many holier-than-thou Canadians are still unduly influenced by the 200 year old perception that curling is still a "Gentleman's Sport". Additionally, they have way too much of a deeply ingrained ethos of "good sportsmanship".
That's okay at the club level, even good, but at the professional level........

02-22-18 11:17AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

watcher 2 and deliverer

lol lol lol ha ha ha

its just for fun ! if this stuff upsets you , go visit a seniors home where there are lots of people that you can cheer up with a visit .. you 2 are wound up way too tight

02-23-18 09:30AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Awesome gold for Korea

Drawing the pot in ee

How great for the host country

4 girls who will never have to pay for a lunch the rest of their lives - heroes

ML , you and I have to lose 100 pounds for a run at gold in 2022

I bet there schedule was similar to kmarts before 2010 - 200 practise rocks a day - t line in their back pocket

And congrats to japan too - only lost by 6 inches in ee

02-23-18 09:36AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Not Gold yet, that was the semi-final. They need to play Sweden for the gold.

02-23-18 09:44AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

OMG, Live streamed through webcam on my phone the EE of the KOR JPN game for my Korean colleagues in Singapore. So exciting. Guaranteed Silver! History made. Goosebumps. Pressure shot. Home Crowd. GoForGold #TeamKim. So happy.

02-23-18 10:10AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

only watched last end -- seemed like gold ! lol

02-23-18 10:59AM
Deliverer
Hitting Paint

Against Sweden in the SF'S, G.B. gave up 7 points in the last 5 ends alone but only 5 points in the entire game against Canada. Thanks a lot, M'H.