NL (Locke) 11  Final
NO (Toner) (8)
NL (McDonah) Final
AB (Beaudry) 13  (8)
NS (Blades) Final
AB (Deschiffart) (10)
ON (Markle) Final
NT (Skauge) (10)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
06-25-15 11:09AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Samuel Fry

Many of you know Michael Fry out of the Potomac Curling Club. The rest of you are curlers and curlers have a well earned reputation for helping out curlers.

Michael and Alyson Fry were blessed with their first child just a short two months ago. His name is Samuel and he is adorable. Unfortunately, this infant has been diagnosed with a terrible autoimmune disease. You can read more about Sammy at this blog:

http://samuelhfry.blogspot.com/

Warning: Don't look too closely at the photos that show his handsome large eyes. You'll cry. I did. Don't make the same mistake I did.

The treatment for this autoimmune disease begins with steroids to stop the damage being done. Then an eight week regimen of chemo to kill off Sammy's immune system. That will be followed by a bone marrow transplant to rebuild a healthy immune system.

So the Fry family is looking at months of Samuel in the hospital receiving intense treatments. Health insurance will cover most of it, but it's unlikely to cover all of it. I doubt that any parent has enough paid-time-off to keep the family bills under control for something of this magnitude and scope.

So please help. A funding site has been set up here:

http://www.gofundme.com/samfry

On behalf of Samuel Fry, his family and friends, thank you very, very much. Small donations are fine. They show that the curling community is supportive. Large donations will work fine as well.

Ben Tucker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

06-25-15 12:33PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I think I have unpaid wager winnings scattered all over Curlingzone. (Jimboboogie? World Seniors?)

Any donation at all to this cause I will consider all debts paid in full.

Ben Tucker

06-25-15 01:22PM
Third Nerd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Third Nerd Click here to Send Third Nerd a Private Message Find more posts by Third Nerd Add Third Nerd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Third Nerd
Harvey Hacksmasher

Thanks Tuck

Just made my donation so now we should be square until next year when I make more bad bets.

Just to let people know Michael posts in this forum under the nom de plume "Frykenstein"

TN

06-25-15 10:51PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Frykenstein is one of the good guys out there. I know there are plenty of lurkers who know him and might have heard this news from other places. So, if you heard about this in multiple places that means you have to give multiple times.

I have known Michael for 20+ years. He is a very good friend from the curling world. The level of happiness and joy that I felt when he got married and then had Sammy the Skippy can't be explained. The level of sadness also can't be explained when this all happened.

I know the curling community is very strong and giving. Already there are donations from across the country. We need to keep this momentum going.

Please, take some time to keep the Fry family in your prayers and consider helping out someone in need.

JH
Tuck is right, the pictures make you cry

06-26-15 01:10AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

One time offer for Canadians snooping down south in the USA threads:

Yes, our health care system is not perfect and our health insurance can be unintelligible at times.

Yes, our "paid days off" policies down here are not very generous. In cases like this, people are forced to choose being with their child and forfeiting salary OR being away from their child and getting the bills paid.

BUT if you donate to this cause, I will forgive you for when you've posted insightful comments in our threads (even though I took them as intrusive bashing of our teams who are also frequently my friends).

So there you have it; one time amnesty. Even a small donation. Gerry Guertz was very generous and gets pardoned. Not only does he provide this forum for us, I now forgive him for poking his very large head into our affairs.

And, my friends, it is not only the money. It's the large number of people and curlers from all over that is helping this small family. It is the support that they are feeling and the support that they are so desperately needing.

My deepest thanks to all my curling friends who replied to my texts and emails today. It's good to have good friends.

Ben Tucker

06-26-15 10:42PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Bump. I am making my duty to keep this at the top of the list.

We are approaching 20K. Just a bit more to go. I know you are out there. Help just a little bit, $10 from everyone would make a huge difference.

JH

06-27-15 01:18AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

More good news today. The MRI showed that our future skip of the Olympic team has a clean and clear brain. No problem.

I will say that there are many, many lurkers out there. I am slightly disappointed that only 131 people have donated so far. I urge you to donate the cost of your favorite beverage or two at the curling club. $2 or $5 dollars from a 1,000 people would make a huge difference. Seriously people, there are many of you that have given lots more than that to new curling clubs. How can you not give to a child in need? $5 is the cost of less than two beers at most clubs. I will buy you those two beers the next time I see you (except for Tuck, who still owes me for the pick 6).

Please, give just a little.

http://samuelhfry.blogspot.com/

JH

06-29-15 10:50PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Bump.

More good news as Samuel was moved out of PICU to the floor.

JH

07-07-15 04:22PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Bump.

This will make you donate.

http://samuelhfry.blogspot.com/2015/07/sam-movie.html

07-09-15 09:16PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Bump.

This will make you donate again.

http://samuelhfry.blogspot.com/2015...611603776413483

JH

07-13-15 11:16PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Bump because this is tremendous news.

Sammy the skip gets to go home for a bit. Still a long road but not spending everyday in the hospital is a step in the right direction.

Go donate now to help celebrate this news.

http://samuelhfry.blogspot.com/2015...d-bound_13.html

JH

07-19-15 10:00PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Sammy is home. Why not celebrate that with a small donation. They had to hire people to completely clean the house and check for mold. Insurance would never pay for that.

http://samuelhfry.blogspot.com/2015...in-at-home.html

JH
I have donated 3 times, have you?