Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
06-25-13 03:58PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Really, dude. deux deux deux What, 7 hours to border? You never heard the term curlers' candy?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

06-25-13 04:02PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

It's in the plans....pondering a early season spiel in Canada...so I can get some points to not qualify for anything (ha!) and more importantly...meds

Alternatively, I do have some friends who work in the Canadian embassy...hmm....(kidding...so far as you know...)

06-25-13 05:14PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

USAnewbie banned for 12 hours. Since they are a newbie they do not understand the concept of the ramblin thread. NO CURLING.

On the other hand rootin for my homies from Long Island (M) and Palmetto (w).

We are talkin about Le Tour! Alpe d'Huez twice in the same stage! Get excited!

JH
did you watch "The Dome", cyclists might have their hearts explode out of their chests!

06-25-13 05:16PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

What's the vegas over/under on positive tests this year?

And can I get a two bet teaser on "The winner tests positive for something by 2019"?

06-26-13 02:01PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Garmin-Sharp final roster released. Tyler Farrar is the odd man out. The team is not set up to support a sprinter. Ryder Hesjedal could become the team leader for a GC spot if he is in good form. Injuries and illness could slow him down.

06-28-13 12:16PM
curlny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlny Click here to Send curlny a Private Message Find more posts by curlny Add curlny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlny
Hitting Paint

While Anthony Bosch assures me Contador still has the goods to win, I am looking for a breakout win for vanGarderen. Rooting for Talansky as well. USA USA USA

07-01-13 09:12AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Was in the city over the weekend and did not get a chance to comment on the bus getting stuck at the finish line. That was crazy!

Two stages in and this is already a very strange Le Tour.

JH

07-01-13 04:30PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

NBC Sports is doing the fantasy TDF thing again. Rosters need to be complete by Wed. If you want to join the group "Not ZB Tour" with a password of lbicc.

The Zero Balance (ZB) tour is a annual "bike" ride held with a bunch of Plainfield curlers. Zero balance is to "balance" the intake of alcohol to the output of calories from biking -OR- be able to balance by the end of the ride.

JH

07-03-13 09:33AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Everyone have a fun and safe 4th. Hope it is a 4 day weekend for you.

Leave the fireworks to the professionals.

JH

07-03-13 09:49AM
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

So okay...there's been a couple of days for digestion to occur...so now...

*WTF*...how in the HECK do you allow a BUS to get stuck under the finish line marker...how do you not check these things? Sheesh.

Massive chaos ensued...I'm still not sure how they calculated the results there...I know everyone was credited with the "Same Time"...but was that because of the bus, or the crash, or...?

Just...wow...

And then this "If an incident occurs within 3km of the finish, it doesn't count"...really? So, basically...the finish line is 3km short of the "finish line"? Wtf? I'm choosing to assume the rule is much more complicated than that described by the announcers...so can someone 'splain it to me Lucy?

07-03-13 12:07PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

The 3km rule was put in place a few years ago because on the sprint finish stages there is usually a crash. This way no one gets penalized if they get caught in a crash right at the finish. There was a major crash today and riders would have lost minutes if they got stuck in the crash.

The bus incident was because the bus was late getting there. The finish "banner" had been dropped down by then. Because there was so much confusion with where the finish was actually going to happen, they nullified the time results. They should have done the same for the sprint points at the line.

JH
first day in the mountains this weekend

07-03-13 09:18PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

YAWN

Type something cool like curling or horse racing.

Or, maybe, just bore me with a little cycling. Boredom might be good for me. I found myself screaming at the radio today. Sports Talk idiots were discussing the best sports movie of all time...Field of Dreams, The Natural, Hoosiers, We Were The Titans, The Longest Yard, etc...

So I'm driving down the road screaming, "BRIAN'S SONG, you f'ing idiots!" They mentioned dozens of movies and the best one never came up. Maybe I need to chill a little bit. Maybe I need to take a trip with my lovely wife...see some friends...have good food and a drink or two. I think I'll do that.

Tuck

07-04-13 11:18AM
Diego is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Diego Click here to Send Diego a Private Message Find more posts by Diego Add Diego to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diego
Harvey Hacksmasher

America, Hell Yeah!

Happy 4th!

07-04-13 11:45AM
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Wait...tuck...this is the rambling thread...I was under the impression curling was out of bounds....

Regardless, happy 2 days after your real birthday, USA (fun fact...did you know that the US actually declared Independence on July 2nd. 1776, it just took 2 days for the formal Declaration to be engrossed for signatures?)

07-07-13 05:36PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

I will post this under rambln'

Sorry dude, 8 enders in summer spiels on arena ice do not count. My homie gave up an 8 in Moncton and it was a steal. When you have given up 4 and three of them were steals then we can talk.

Taking a 8 on arena ice does not count, maybe if you got 9.

JH
been on the wrong end of an 8 but was drinking beer at the time

07-08-13 03:18AM
CaliCurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaliCurler Click here to Send CaliCurler a Private Message Find more posts by CaliCurler Add CaliCurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaliCurler
Knee-Slider

I have to disagree JH. To the other 3 curlers on this team (all with under 4 years of experience) the 8 ender will definitely count. This will probably be the highlight of their curling careers. Just because they had a skip that knew where to put the broom on swingy arena ice shouldn't discredit the accomplishment. This was not against a newbie team. Three members of the opposing team had multiple years of Club Nats experience under their belts.

07-08-13 02:15PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Tuck hits the Big Apple today. Gets to cross off the list - go to a Yankees game. Maybe he should stop in the radio booth and call a half inning. The Tuckastrator probably looks really good on radio.

Look for pics on FB of his visit.

JH

07-10-13 03:16PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

The race of truth. Seems this will be Frome's race to lose at this point. The final time trial will be interesting, it features two cat 2 climbs. And there is still the Alps with the two climbs of alpe d'huez in the same stage

07-11-13 10:55AM
curlny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlny Click here to Send curlny a Private Message Find more posts by curlny Add curlny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlny
Hitting Paint

Its being reported that Frome was doused w urine by a crazed fan.
Yellow shirt indeed.

07-11-13 02:06PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

It was Cavendish that had urine thrown on him during yesterdays time trial. The "fans" blame him for taking down Vellits in the final 200 meters of the sprint on Tuesday.

07-11-13 04:35PM
curlny
Hitting Paint

I stand corrected.
You know I would never let facts get in the way of a wisecrack.

07-11-13 05:09PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Yep. Frome might be in trouble to win. Losing teammates to injury. So, he might need that "toss" to stay in "yellow".

JH
Tuck heading home today from the big apple. Interested to hear how the preacher enjoyed Book of Mormon.

07-16-13 08:08AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Off to the Great White North for some relaxin' and fishin'. Will be nice to escape this hot weather for a bit.

JH
no fishing partner this year, easier to make up fish tales

07-28-13 01:58PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Did you miss me? Caught some fish, had wonderful weather and watched Le Tour and the Open. Good on Phil for winning, that was great to see.

Yesterday was the best picnic event that one can attend. The Plainfield CC annual picnic. Hosted by the Peskoff's (one of your US Senior champions). A beautiful horse farm in Western NJ. A dip in the pool, tons of food, lots of beverages of every type, Kubb, laughter and great times. No hay rides or slip-and-slide of death this year. Also a dog friendly picnic as well.

As we head into the dog days of August, just the LBI CC annual meeting on the agenda.

JH
the rambling thread, a safe place to post

08-01-13 09:58AM
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Potomac's annual golf tournament is this weekend...so time to lose some more balls.

Admittedly, the winner was already determined by who golfed better in the past four year's tournaments, but hey, it's a curling thing, that's how we do business now!