Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
08-27-08 05:19PM
FRESNO77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FRESNO77 Click here to Send FRESNO77 a Private Message Find more posts by FRESNO77 Add FRESNO77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FRESNO77
Swing Artist

TSN 2 = DEJA VU

For curling fans, think CBC and their digital channel Country Canada.

Guarantee the majority of the curling coverage will be on their new digital channel, the playoffs will be on the main network along with the afternoon draws at brier and scotties, But that’s it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

08-27-08 05:26PM
akowpak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for akowpak Click here to Send akowpak a Private Message Find more posts by akowpak Add akowpak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
akowpak
Harvey Hacksmasher

I posted all the details on a thread in the media forum, but TSN2 shouldn't be carraying any more games than the alternate feed carried last season. The license from the CRTC is the same license they used for the AF... it limits them to 10% new programming per week, which means about 17 hours/week. Yes some curling will get put on TSN2 live, but we're looking at a maximium of five draws. Of course I can see the argument that they will push the prime time draws to TSN2, and I can't argue that they might, but I don't think the curling coverage on the main network will be too different from last year.

08-27-08 05:35PM
#66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for #66 Click here to Send #66 a Private Message Find more posts by #66 Add #66 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Curling is one there highest rated programs. I doubt TSN will screw around with it..

08-28-08 05:52PM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

Well... all things considered, I am comfortable knowing that TSN is not the CBC.

I don't believe TSN is stupid enough to take one of their best rated programs and throw it on a channel few people have access to. Especially after seeing how that worked out for the CBC!

At most they may move a few draws over, but I don't see them screwing around with it too much.

08-28-08 07:03PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Doubt it Fresno old boy (er, girl, whatever...)

TSN would have to be complete idiots to venture even partway down the road that clobbered the CBC. Plus, curling is too valuable to them in terms of viewership and the sponsor bucks it generates. After paying so much to get the rights to it, why would they make such a stupid move?

Ain't happening, they don't need or want the viewer backlash the Mother Network got 3 years ago.

12-23-08 03:54PM
FRESNO77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FRESNO77 Click here to Send FRESNO77 a Private Message Find more posts by FRESNO77 Add FRESNO77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FRESNO77
Swing Artist

After watching the TSN coverage of the continental cup and supposed live coverage of the event; anybody NOW have any doubt?

TSN tape delayed the women's final for talk shows and 2 hours of ESPN football hype!

What channel do people think the live curling will be on when its going up against some Leaf hockey game ... hmmm?

12-23-08 04:26PM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by FRESNO77
After watching the TSN coverage of the continental cup and supposed live coverage of the event; anybody NOW have any doubt?

TSN tape delayed the women's final for talk shows and 2 hours of ESPN football hype!

What channel do people think the live curling will be on when its going up against some Leaf hockey game ... hmmm?

That's been standard operating procedure for TSN for years - either the Monday or Wednesday (or perhaps even both) evening games has been tape delayed because of TSN's hockey commitments, but I've always happily enjoyed being able to watch the tape delay. For those who do have access to TSN2, they will probably be able to watch those tape delayed games live. For everyone else, it will be no different than it has been.

12-23-08 04:54PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mick101

At least TSN 2 is available for more people than Country Canada / CBC Bold.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.64.138.2

12-23-08 05:00PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

I think you are sadly mistaken, last weekend, the Continental Cup shown on TSN2 was only being shown in High Definition, that is Channel 848 on Bell ExpressVue, the former TSN Channel 402 was blanked, so unless you were receiving High Def, you were sol!

Things to come for the SOC I am sure, so get High Def or use tape delays.

12-23-08 05:07PM
DGB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DGB Visit DGB's homepage! Find more posts by DGB Add DGB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DGB
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Beermaker
I think you are sadly mistaken, last weekend, the Continental Cup shown on TSN2 was only being shown in High Definition, that is Channel 848 on Bell ExpressVue, the former TSN Channel 402 was blanked, so unless you were receiving High Def, you were sol!

TSN2 is on Bell ExpressVu channel 401. When it first launched they were using 402 but this changed back in November. TSN2 is part of the same sports theme pack as TSN so if you receive one then you automatically receive the other.

12-23-08 05:09PM
irishrose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irishrose Click here to Send irishrose a Private Message Find more posts by irishrose Add irishrose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irishrose
Harvey Hacksmasher

Nope
We were able to get it here on TSN2 without HD in Southern Ontario i.e. Whitby

12-23-08 07:08PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Beermaker

Yet another reason to get cable

12-23-08 07:40PM
irishrose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irishrose Click here to Send irishrose a Private Message Find more posts by irishrose Add irishrose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irishrose
Harvey Hacksmasher

Nope
we have expressVu and get it on 402 and got it last weekend

12-23-08 07:41PM
irishrose
Harvey Hacksmasher

And no we don't have HD

12-23-08 07:48PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

Sorry I had 402 programmed with my favourites and never changed it back to 401 since I have High Def. But you are right.

12-23-08 08:16PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Aside from the lack of live coverage I really grew tired of Ray Turnball; Constantly commentating on the womens lack of ability in throwing the big weight...etc. Also, it sure sounded as if he was blaming Jones for the predicament K. Martin was in. For her standards she played horribly but was hardly the sole reason North America lost. Why didn't they bring up screw-ups by Howard or Waite that probably cost N.A. somewhere between 20-30 pts. Is it because Howard will be working for TSN come the Scotties and the Brier?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 199.60.104.100

12-30-08 03:07PM
FRESNO77
Swing Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mick101
[B]At least TSN 2 is available for more people than Country Canada / CBC Bo

Really? I think both are digital channels and availability were/are the same

12-30-08 03:16PM
#66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for #66 Click here to Send #66 a Private Message Find more posts by #66 Add #66 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Aside from the lack of live coverage I really grew tired of Ray Turnball; Constantly commentating on the womens lack of ability in throwing the big weight...etc. Also, it sure sounded as if he was blaming Jones for the predicament K. Martin was in. For her standards she played horribly but was hardly the sole reason North America lost. Why didn't they bring up screw-ups by Howard or Waite that probably cost N.A. somewhere between 20-30 pts. Is it because Howard will be working for TSN come the Scotties and the Brier?

Good point...

Jones did play badly but the screw up that cost Team Canada the points should have been mentioned..

12-30-08 04:39PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Jeezus, Frezno77

You can not compare TSN 2 with the freaking Cow Channel. If you have cable, and are receiving TSN, (basic on Star Choice, and many cable outlets), you should be getting TSN 2. (At no extra cost.) If you are not, call your provider and BITCH! If they won't acommodate you, SWITCH! ("There be no HITCH if you BITCH and SWITCH!!")
The Bold Bovine on the other hand, well you need basic cable of course, and then there is the extra charge to have the cow drop curling, and the cow patties that make up the rest of it's programming into your home. We will forget about the extra charge for the digital box. Soon, everyone, even those who get their TV from antennas, will need one. (It's happening right now in the USA.)
I am really enjoying TSN 2, especially now with the U.S. college minor bowl games. Oh, my. It's the Humanitarian Bowl from Boise Idaho. And look at that brilliant BLUE field. Totally cool. Thank you TSN 2!!
(And happy new year to all you grumpy, CBC lovers! And to everybody else as well!)

12-30-08 05:21PM
irishrose
Harvey Hacksmasher

Ah Yes Saskatchewan in the winter! One place you don't want to be.
So for a so called "Have" province you can HAVE it.

12-30-08 06:03PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by irishrose
Ah Yes Saskatchewan in the winter! One place you don't want to be.
So for a so called "Have" province you can HAVE it.

Ya, whatever! (Happy new year.)

12-30-08 07:49PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Re: Jeezus, Frezno77

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
We will forget about the extra charge for the digital box. Soon, everyone, even those who get their TV from antennas, will need one. (It's happening right now in the USA.)

You are misinformed. U.S. broadcasters are now broadcasting free HDTV over the air, and anyone with a new-ish TV using even their 50 year old antenna can pick it up. No need for subscriptions, it's free. And the HD quality is far superior to satellite compression View HD. Oh by the way, all Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo stations are presently broadcasting in 'FREE' HD. Sincerely,
Johnnysmoke,
resident of Have-HD Province.

12-30-08 08:27PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

NBC's Universal Sports is a prime example.

12-30-08 09:17PM
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Jeezus, Frezno77

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
You are misinformed. U.S. broadcasters are now broadcasting free HDTV over the air, and anyone with a new-ish TV using even their 50 year old antenna can pick it up. No need for subscriptions, it's free. And the HD quality is far superior to satellite compression View HD. Oh by the way, all Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo stations are presently broadcasting in 'FREE' HD. Sincerely,
Johnnysmoke,
resident of Have-HD Province.

You got me there Johnnysmoke. Does this have to do with the digital conversion that is happening in Feb. in the USA? The Detroit channels are advertising that if you have an antenna, you will need a digital box to continue watching television.
Are you getting the Cow Channel in HD over an antenna? Probably not.
I seem to have pissed a few people off with my tag line. In my defence, I made it up back before election time. Before Ontario was hit so hard by the market crash, and Harper was telling us that the economy was hunkey dorry. Amazing how hunkey dorry turned into 30 billion deficit SO FAST! (You don't suppose he knew when he called the election, huh?)
So, I don't want to hurt anymore sensitve Ontario feelings and I will change my tagline to something like "Saskatchewan! It's snowing! I wonder if the army is coming?"

12-31-08 12:46PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Jeezus, Frezno77

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
You can not compare TSN 2 with the freaking Cow Channel. If you have cable, and are receiving TSN, (basic on Star Choice, and many cable outlets), you should be getting TSN 2. (At no extra cost.)

What cable company do you use? I like TSN2 also but it would not be included in my basic cable package along with TSN.