Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-14-14 03:56PM
coltond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coltond Click here to Send coltond a Private Message Find more posts by coltond Add coltond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coltond
Harvey Hacksmasher

Their brushing won't really matter... Ontario is a fairly shallow province. In the race for a provincial title there is ; Glenn, Balsy and maaaaaaybe if you want to stretch it, kean and epping. Glenn should practically walk through all other competition on his way to the brier.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-14-14 03:57PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

BJ skipping would be interesting..has he ever skipped before?
and as someone else said it would be interesting to see if his brother would go with him or stay with mike. My money would be him going with his brother

it may not honestly matter how well they do at the players. Its very likely that in their minds they need to make a change to finally break through the Manitoba barrier and get to a Brier.

has anyone heard anything about what Lyburn or Irwin are doing?

04-14-14 10:28PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
BJ skipping would be interesting..has he ever skipped before?
and as someone else said it would be interesting to see if his brother would go with him or stay with mike. My money would be him going with his brother

it may not honestly matter how well they do at the players. Its very likely that in their minds they need to make a change to finally break through the Manitoba barrier and get to a Brier.

has anyone heard anything about what Lyburn or Irwin are doing?

Which Lyburn? Al is taking the year off. What does he do after next year is next years issue?

04-15-14 06:56AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Per his latest Grand Slam blog, McEwen's team is staying together.

04-15-14 05:28PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by 5thstone

Which Lyburn? Al is taking the year off. What does he do after next year is next years issue?

No I meant William.

04-15-14 07:40PM
Shin Dimples is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shin Dimples Click here to Send Shin Dimples a Private Message Find more posts by Shin Dimples Add Shin Dimples to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shin Dimples
Knee-Slider

Team William Lyburn

Connor Njegovan and Alex Forrest from Team Lyburn have been recruited to play on another team. Lyburn is looking for two new players.

04-15-14 07:56PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Team William Lyburn

quote:
Originally posted by Shin Dimples
Connor Njegovan and Alex Forrest from Team Lyburn have been recruited to play on another team. Lyburn is looking for two new players.

do you know what team and who the 4th player will be?

is it Stoughton like I hypothesized?(joking)

Last edited by misty1 on 04-15-14 at 08:00PM

04-16-14 10:09AM
hairybastard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hairybastard Find more posts by hairybastard Add hairybastard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hairybastard
Harvey Hacksmasher

What is happening with Smith from Steen Sigurdson?? He should be on the phone to Stoughton. That guy would make a great second.

04-16-14 10:26AM
hit_paint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit_paint Click here to Send hit_paint a Private Message Find more posts by hit_paint Add hit_paint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by hairybastard
What is happening with Smith from Steen Sigurdson?? He should be on the phone to Stoughton. That guy would make a great second.

Little too late. It was confirmed this morning that Jeff Stoughton is playing with Rob Fowler, Alex Forrest, and Connor Njegovan next season.

04-16-14 01:16PM
Corn_Broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corn_Broom Click here to Send Corn_Broom a Private Message Find more posts by Corn_Broom Add Corn_Broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corn_Broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

I heard that Smith is on a new team with Bill Kuran, Taylor McIntyre and Jared Hancox. If it's true it seems to be following a bit of a trend of experienced skips putting together a team of young bucks. I think Smith & McIntyre played together on Sam Good's team that went to Jr. Nationals a few years ago?

04-16-14 01:45PM
hairybastard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hairybastard Find more posts by hairybastard Add hairybastard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hairybastard
Harvey Hacksmasher

Wonder why Smith left Sigurdson? There seemed to be a good thing going on with them. Perhaps Steen is hard to curl with? I think he looks pretty grumpy whenever I have watched them play.

04-16-14 02:05PM
Corn_Broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corn_Broom Click here to Send Corn_Broom a Private Message Find more posts by Corn_Broom Add Corn_Broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corn_Broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

LOL, yeah Steen doesn't appear to be big on smiling! I never heard why Smith left but it could have been a chemistry thing. Surprising though as they were a good young up and coming team that had a lot of success together. Haven't heard who they have replacing him yet either.

04-16-14 02:14PM
hairybastard
Harvey Hacksmasher

Forrest and Connor are pretty lucky boys to be playing with Stoughton. It makes so much sense for Jeff to mentor those guys and get them going on the right track. I asked earlier who coaches Lyburn, does anyone know who that guy is? Life Coach?
Psychiatrist? Butler?

04-16-14 03:06PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

That's pretty great that Jeff did go the way of picking up 2 youngsters within province.

It was a pure and complete guess on my part when that poster came on here and said they'd been recruited for another team. Nice to be right sometimes though

04-16-14 03:09PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

so is the Irwin rink sticking together then?

04-16-14 03:56PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Nobody will agree with me but this a downgrade team to me.

Mead was a world class 3rd even with his mini collapse at trials & brier. Reidorama was vastly under-rated, made lots of shots. Of course what can you say about Nichols - he makes Saville, Laing & Benny look like club curlers.

That said Jeff is still able to scare anyone.

On the contrary, I think everyone will agree this team isn't as strong as the one he had. However you also agreed that it would be a good idea for him to mentor some youth so you had to know that going in, that not matter who he might pick up that was going to be the case.

having said that he's still picked up 2 great players that will still be able to deliver the kinds of shots jeff needs to stay at the top of the game.

04-16-14 05:38PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
That's pretty great that Jeff did go the way of picking up 2 youngsters within province.

It was a pure and complete guess on my part when that poster came on here and said they'd been recruited for another team. Nice to be right sometimes though

It was blatantly obvious. Those guys aren't leaving Team Lyburn which was a top 5 MB team to downgrade and curl with an inferior team. Plus the fact that Stoughton was looking for a front end.

04-16-14 05:42PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by hairybastard

I've always been impressed with Riley too. Seems to throw it well and has to be one of if not the best sweeper out of the crop of young MB guys.

04-16-14 06:14PM
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Nobody will agree with me but this a downgrade team to me.

Mead was a world class 3rd even with his mini collapse at trials & brier. Reidorama was vastly under-rated, made lots of shots. Of course what can you say about Nichols - he makes Saville, Laing & Benny look like club curlers.

That said Jeff is still able to scare anyone.

Reid was a lead now. He played that position much better than 2nd, but truth be told was a liability on the brush.

Mead has struggled a bit the past few years. And as much as i don't care for Fowler's personality, the guy makes a ton of shots. His skill set might actually be more suited for a third too.

And you're right, Nichols can not be replaced. But you're adding two young guys who are in shape that will know what their role is. And you need that if you;re pairing them up with two alpha dogs in Jeff and Rob.

Personally i actually think Jeff upgraded at the two positions not played by Nichols. And what people and Manitoba Legend's are forgetting, the former Team Stoughton was a bit of a let down. Other than winning MB they lost alot of big games.

And what the team was built for-The Olympic trials, they surprisingly were a non factor for the whole event.

I'd love to see this team succeed.

04-17-14 09:24AM
hairybastard
Harvey Hacksmasher

Jeff is settling.

04-19-14 04:09PM
hairybastard
Harvey Hacksmasher

The curling team that will represent Canada at The 2018 Olympics will not get together until at last 2016 perhaps 2017.

04-19-14 08:16PM
magicman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for magicman Find more posts by magicman Add magicman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
magicman
Knee-Slider

It will be interesting to see what rules CurlManitoba can come up with to help Stoughton and Carruthers get easy spots for next years provincials. Only Mike McEwen has secured his spot through his CTRS points standing along with Matt Dunstone getting a spot from Carman Berth.

Stoughton isn't eligible for the defending champion spot or the 2nd CTRS spot with addition of 3 new players, and team Carruthers is also not eligible for the CTRS spot. I highly doubt whether Stoughton/Carruthers will try to go after the MCT tour spots which makes me believe they will have to enter zones. Maybe CurlManitoba will finally put some effort into making some good ice at zones now that some big names are in them.

Also a lot of questions to be answered in the near future...who will W. Lyburn pick up after being hung out to dry? Will Grassie be a force again with Chambers coming back? Is Daley trying to get a team together? Haven't heard any news on what Ramsay's doing? Who is Sigurdson picking up after they cut Riley? Is Irwin sticking together? Will the CCA allow one player from out of province to play?

Seems like a very smart move for McEwen to stick together as the province of Manitoba will be much easier and they'll undoubtedly be the favorites for next year!

Last edited by magicman on 04-19-14 at 08:39PM

04-19-14 11:10PM
hit_paint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit_paint Click here to Send hit_paint a Private Message Find more posts by hit_paint Add hit_paint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by magicman
Also a lot of questions to be answered in the near future...who will W. Lyburn pick up after being hung out to dry? Will Grassie be a force again with Chambers coming back? Is Daley trying to get a team together? Haven't heard any news on what Ramsay's doing? Who is Sigurdson picking up after they cut Riley? Is Irwin sticking together? Will the CCA allow one player from out of province to play?

It will also be interesting to see who the Dunstone team will get to replace Matt Dunstone at Provincials next year. I'm sure there are a few veteran skips that would consider playing with them.

04-20-14 06:07PM
MASHKA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MASHKA Find more posts by MASHKA Add MASHKA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MASHKA
Harvey Hacksmasher

Yea the MCA will probably just pull a couple spots out of the MCA bonspiel for Carruthers and Stoughton. What is Andrew Irving doing? he would be one of the guys that would be likely to fill a spot on either Lyburns team or a potential Peters Team. As for Sigurdson its been weird that they have been quiet for so long has anyone heard if they have a player? I would assume that after a strong year Irwin will be staying together

04-21-14 12:44PM
TDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TDR Click here to Send TDR a Private Message Find more posts by TDR Add TDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDR
Hitting Paint

It'll also be interesting to see who Jason Gunnlaugson curls with next season, now that he's moved back to Manitoba.