Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-15-14 02:44PM
jcullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jcullen Click here to Send jcullen a Private Message Find more posts by jcullen Add jcullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcullen
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Dailene could be what the doctor ordered. Wonder if Madame Shredder would play 3rd?

To be clear, Dailene would be playing with the three members of van Osch'd team from last season. Not Kelly Scott's team. I know Jeanna is not playing for sure and I would imagine Sasha is done for at least a year also.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-23-14 05:04PM
TDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TDR Click here to Send TDR a Private Message Find more posts by TDR Add TDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDR
Hitting Paint

Here's some tweets from Paul Wiecek of the Wpg Free Press:

BREAKING -- Jeff Stoughton team breaking up: all 4 members going separate ways; Stoughton looking for new team, not ruling out retiring.

Stoughon team will curl final two cash events together this year, then done. Mead unsure of continuing, Nichols moving back to NFLD.

"We had a lot of success together," Stoughton tells Freep. "But we just couldn't get over that hump these last couple years."

"I'd like to keep curling next year, that's why we're putting this out there now," says Stoughton. "But it's got to be a good fit."

03-24-14 05:23AM
Loony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loony Click here to Send Loony a Private Message Find more posts by Loony Add Loony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loony
Swing Artist

An article from the FP with quotes from all four of them.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...-251848831.html

03-24-14 09:50AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Don't wanna put words in Mead's mouth but I think what was meant by his statement about 'not wanting to curl with Jeff' is more related to Jeff taking a very light schedule next year without any auto-berths to the Brier, Worlds, etc.

As defending Manitoba champion I suspect they have an auto-berth to the Manitoba Tankards but with only a couple members that berth would be retracted. Perhaps an MCA insider like Curler1 could testify to this.

I think both Jeff and Jon have come to the end of the rope - Jeff's game is still solid but a bit meek compared to the powerhouses and while Jon is still an elite 3rd he can't do it on a ceremonial curler schedule - he realizes a Stoughton/Mead combo (with a brand new front end) would just be fodder for the big monsters and even McEwen might be finally able to disable them out of Manitoba.

gosh darn, I (Curler1) am not an MCA insider, just a curling fan from Hamiota, Mb who lets google be my friend to find information.

03-24-14 12:49PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

gosh darn, I (Curler1) am not an MCA insider, just a curling fan from Hamiota, Mb who lets google be my friend to find information.

ML: "Gasp! You mean there's some sort of internet-based information system with which I could compare my faulty memory and half-baked theories against the historical record? Or, to put it another way... I could fact-check myself before blathering meaningless and empty nonsense all over this message board? Good heavens! Maybe I should make use of this wonderful thing........................... nah."

03-24-14 12:49PM
Corn_Broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corn_Broom Click here to Send Corn_Broom a Private Message Find more posts by Corn_Broom Add Corn_Broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corn_Broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

With the news or Stoughton's team all going their separate ways it will be very interesting to see what falls into place over the next couple of months. Having said that, who are the free agents out there looking for teams for next season???

03-24-14 05:50PM
billminer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for billminer Click here to Send billminer a Private Message Find more posts by billminer Add billminer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
billminer
Harvey Hacksmasher

Team Marnoch/Kuran (2014 MCT Champions have gone their own ways).

Kuran is looking to find a team.

auvena@hotmail.com

04-10-14 05:00PM
Corn_Broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corn_Broom Click here to Send Corn_Broom a Private Message Find more posts by Corn_Broom Add Corn_Broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corn_Broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

Any new developments regarding next year's teams?

04-10-14 05:12PM
hit_paint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit_paint Click here to Send hit_paint a Private Message Find more posts by hit_paint Add hit_paint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

Danial Gagne is playing lead for team Lyburn next year via the team Facebook page.

04-10-14 11:48PM
Corn_Broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

Interesting....did he curl last year??

04-11-14 12:21PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by jcullen
I can't imagine Kelly Scott joining Van Osch, if she plays at all.

As for the Van Osch girls, they're a dynamite back end. No front end announced yet.

Rumor has it the other girls are bringing Dailene Sivertson back from SK to curl with them. Not sure if that's true or not.

Stephanie, Jessie and Carley are hooking up with Dailene, who is going to be skipping the team. They will be curling out of the Victoria Curling Centre.

On the same note Amber Holland's has team disbanded. Jolene Campbell, during the hockey trade deadline back in march, mentioned on twitter she was now a "free agent"

04-13-14 02:44PM
JustAnotherHack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustAnotherHack Click here to Send JustAnotherHack a Private Message Find more posts by JustAnotherHack Add JustAnotherHack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustAnotherHack
Swing Artist

Well, I guess now the situation in Ontario will start falling into place now that Team Glenn Howard has been set:

Glenn Howard
Richard Hart
Jon Mead
Craig Savill

Who saw that combination coming?

04-13-14 03:06PM
TDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TDR Click here to Send TDR a Private Message Find more posts by TDR Add TDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDR
Hitting Paint

Tweet from the Winnipeg Free Press' Paul Wiecek:

Breaking - Reid Carruthers will skip a new team with Braeden Moskowy at 3rd, Derek Samagalski at 2nd and Colin Hodgson at lead.

04-13-14 04:49PM
hit_paint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit_paint Click here to Send hit_paint a Private Message Find more posts by hit_paint Add hit_paint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Reid got himself a fine up 'n coming 3rd in Braeden.... in fact he might instantly become the #1 3rd in the Keystone province.

I wouldn't give him that distinction just yet. BJ Neufeld is still the best third in the province, and in my opinion one of the best thirds in Canada.

04-13-14 05:10PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by TDR
Tweet from the Winnipeg Free Press' Paul Wiecek:
Breaking - Reid Carruthers will skip a new team with Braeden Moskowy at 3rd, Derek Samagalski at 2nd and Colin Hodgson at lead.

I've met 3 of these curlers through the Whites - very nice crew indeed. Will follow and fan them ala twitter. Good luck boys.

04-13-14 05:25PM
TDR
Hitting Paint

Wiecek also tweeted that Stoughton & Fowler are in discussions for Fowler to play 3rd. Still looking for a front end.

04-13-14 06:21PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by JustAnotherHack
Well, I guess now the situation in Ontario will start falling into place now that Team Glenn Howard has been set:

Glenn Howard
Richard Hart
Jon Mead
Craig Savill

Guess Craig has given up on his olympic dreams. Unless this is just a one yr
thing.

04-13-14 07:01PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by TDR
Wiecek also tweeted that Stoughton & Fowler are in discussions for Fowler to play 3rd. Still looking for a front end.

Hmmmm.. , interesting. If this is true, this would probably be the best move for Fowler seeing that half his team is now gone. My only guess would be getting Brendan Taylor playing 2nd?

Reidama's new team will give McEwen headaches for provincials, just what he doesn't need.

04-13-14 08:03PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by JustAnotherHack

Glenn Howard
Richard Hart
Jon Mead
Craig Savill

holy crap. that team ever gets fully going they could be monstrously good. In fact the potential is definitely there that this team could be stronger than the one glenn is losing. The one weakness might be sweeping

reid's team could be very good too, definitely could trouble McEwen.

id almost like to see jeff try and find some younger guys. Obviously he'd need guys that can compete at this level. But an alex forrest or a joey witherspoon or maybe matt dunstone..they would benefit immensely from a few seasons with jeff and they'd have a high level of shot making that jeff needs.

Last edited by misty1 on 04-13-14 at 08:07PM

04-13-14 09:02PM
hairybastard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hairybastard Find more posts by hairybastard Add hairybastard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hairybastard
Harvey Hacksmasher

Alex and Tyler Forrest should be phoning Stoughton right now, Witherspoon as well, if Tyler is truly done. They would learn so much from playing with Stoughton.

I watched The Forrests and Witherspoon kid at The Safeway Championship and they can be the future of Manitoba curling, if they make good decisions. It seems like a no-brainer to choose a champion like Stoughton over the the likely 3rd, 4th or 5th place finishers for the next few years.

Make a call boys!... Learn the game from somebody who actually understands it!

04-13-14 11:45PM
ForeignLawyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ForeignLawyer Click here to Send ForeignLawyer a Private Message Find more posts by ForeignLawyer Add ForeignLawyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ForeignLawyer
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by hairybastard
Alex and Tyler Forrest should be phoning Stoughton right now, Witherspoon as well, if Tyler is truly done. They would learn so much from playing with Stoughton.

I watched The Forrests and Witherspoon kid at The Safeway Championship and they can be the future of Manitoba curling, if they make good decisions. It seems like a no-brainer to choose a champion like Stoughton over the the likely 3rd, 4th or 5th place finishers for the next few years.

Make a call boys!... Learn the game from somebody who actually understands it!

I would also think that guys like Kody Janzen, Jim Coleman, Travis Taylor and some of the guys from team Sigurdson should be thrown in the conversation with Forrests and Witherspoon. All these guys could very well be part of the future of Manitoba curling.

04-14-14 08:09AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

From the point of view of developing great future Brier and world curlers I quite agree. Although Jeff's total game is a bit too meek to garner another Brier title he could still be the commander-in-chief in Manitoba.

PLus I always thought jeff would make a great mentor

04-14-14 09:26AM
TDR
Hitting Paint

Wiecek also reported in today's Free Press that there are conflicting reports about McEwen's team - they're either staying together or BJ Neufeld wants to skip his own team.

04-14-14 01:09PM
ruralkid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruralkid Click here to Send ruralkid a Private Message Find more posts by ruralkid Add ruralkid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruralkid
Harvey Hacksmasher

Pretty interesting seeing these 2 new teams come together.

I really think this weekend at the Grand Slam will tell us if McEwen is going to stay together. A win/final possibly even Semi Final & I believe they stay together, if no semi then they are done. It would be interesting if BJ did decide to skip his own team then what would the rest of the team do. Denni go with BJ & Matt with Mike?

This is just the begining but also major annoucements on the curling front as once this slam is done then the fireworks shall be done!

Stoughton/Fowler would they get Taylor to play second, & then find a lead? Or will they find complete front end players if they Taylor is not in the mix.

Look forward to seeing what happens

04-14-14 01:40PM
hairybastard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hairybastard Find more posts by hairybastard Add hairybastard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hairybastard
Harvey Hacksmasher

It would be a good move for Forrest's to get away from that creepy coach team Lyburn has ganging around them. Who in the wide world of weirdness is that guy??

I don't remember too many of the great teams having a coach, but when they did, he/she was a pretty good player. Is he a life coach?