Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-11-14 11:28AM
Keaner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Keaner Click here to Send Keaner a Private Message Find more posts by Keaner Add Keaner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Keaner
Harvey Hacksmasher

Saw this on twitter

@TeamMcDonald1

Skip: Kristy McDonald
Third: Kate Cameron
Second: Leslie Wilson
Lead: Raunora Westcott

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-11-14 12:04PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

holy crap. Got to say I never saw team Carey changing, not after finally winning the Scotties. Wonder who's decision that was

03-11-14 12:46PM
hit_paint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit_paint Click here to Send hit_paint a Private Message Find more posts by hit_paint Add hit_paint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
holy crap. Got to say I never saw team Carey changing, not after finally winning the Scotties. Wonder who's decision that was

It was a mutual split. Kristy wants to play local events while Chelsea still wants to play on the competitive circuit. In reply to ML's latest post, team McDonald is confirmed, they have their own team twitter account if you want to look it up. As for Chelsea Carey, I hear she is looking to move to Alberta and have Laura Crocker play third for her.

03-11-14 01:00PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by hit_paint

It was a mutual split. Kristy wants to play local events while Chelsea still wants to play on the competitive circuit. In reply to ML's latest post, team McDonald is confirmed, they have their own team twitter account if you want to look it up. As for Chelsea Carey, I hear she is looking to move to Alberta and have Laura Crocker play third for her.

Thank you for that information.

So Chelsea is moving to Alberta.. is that because of a job or simply because she thinks teaming up with crocker will give her a stronger team?

03-11-14 01:17PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Good questions. Also think Chelsea had one of the best front ends at last yr's STOH. Too bad she'll lose them!

Lawes could be the ultimate beneficiary if Jones moves or retires!

I don't think Jones is retiring just yet, if she was we'd probably have heard her say it by now.

03-11-14 04:04PM
Dunstone28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dunstone28 Click here to Send Dunstone28 a Private Message Find more posts by Dunstone28 Add Dunstone28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dunstone28
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by MBTuck
Who was Sigurdson's new third?

Sigurdson had Irving playing third for 1 of their games. pretty sure it is not a team though. Irving was just a spare.

03-11-14 05:22PM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

Just announced on Twitter:
Edmonton, Alberta

Skip- Chelsea Carey
3rd- Laura Crocker
2nd- TBD
Lead- Jen Gates

03-11-14 06:33PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:

Is that confirmed? Who else is on the team?

03-11-14 06:47PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Understandable from McDonald's standpoint. Probably amicable. A change is as good as a rest.

03-11-14 08:10PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
[B] Got to say I never saw team Carey changing, not after finally winning the Scotties.

I thought Homan won the Scotties...

Chelsea and Kristy may be good friends but at the recent STOH I thought Carey and McDonald were often at odds regarding strategy..

Kristy would seem annoyed at the shot Chelsea wanted to play.. Chelsea would try to placate Kristy by suggesting they play the shot kristy wanted and then Kristy would say in a irritated way "Whatever you like". Linda Moore picked up on this and mentioned it on air

03-11-14 08:18PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:

Art, wasn't Crocker one of the "Mean Girls" for a time?

Whats the scoop on her game?

Yes, Laura was Rachel's second in junior in 2010. Alison was too old and Laura replaced her. Laura won the CIS twice after that.

03-11-14 08:27PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World

The provincial championship is also called the "Scotties".

03-11-14 09:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World

Chelsea and Kristy may be good friends but at the recent STOH I thought Carey and McDonald were often at odds regarding strategy..

Kristy would seem annoyed at the shot Chelsea wanted to play.. Chelsea would try to placate Kristy by suggesting they play the shot kristy wanted and then Kristy would say in a irritated way "Whatever you like". Linda Moore picked up on this and mentioned it on air

I meant to say Manitoba Scotties..or provincial playdown, whatever you want to call it

03-11-14 09:43PM
ott-am
Swing Artist

Laura also finished third in AB last year.

03-11-14 11:09PM
hit_paint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit_paint Click here to Send hit_paint a Private Message Find more posts by hit_paint Add hit_paint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

Not sure if this has been said yet, but I hear Tyler Forrest may not be curling next year. If this is the case, then Willie Lyburn will be looking for a new player to fill his spot on the team.

03-12-14 02:09AM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

Kesa Van Osch's BC rink is disbanding at the end of the season. Just announced on their Facebook page.

03-12-14 08:27AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Don't lose any sleep over it misty. . . . technically the national championship is the Scott Tournament of Hearts while the manitoba provincials is known as The Scotties.

Anyways, whats your opinion of Carey wading into Canada's most competitive hotbed of womens curling? Alberta

On one hand I understand wanting to get stronger and have more opportunities. On the other hand , being from Manitoba it sucks that were losing a top skip

I think if this team gets along and the chemistry isn't an issue they could be very good and should be right up there with the top teams in Alberta. Might take a season though so if they fall early in Alberta provincials next season I don't think we should jump to conclusions

Last edited by misty1 on 03-12-14 at 08:31AM

03-12-14 08:30AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nickelcity
Kesa Van Osch's BC rink is disbanding at the end of the season. Just announced on their Facebook page.

that was almost expected with her sister graduating out of juniors

03-12-14 10:02AM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

quote:

Don't lose any sleep over it misty. . . . technically the national championship is the Scott Tournament of Hearts while the manitoba provincials is known as The Scotties.

ML, technically, the national championship has been known as the Scotties Tournament of Hearts since 2007. The change in name was dictated by a change in ownership of Scott Paper Limited. Kruger Inc. purchased Scott Paper Limited (the Canadian subsidury of Scott Paper Company) and was then granted a license to use Scott brands in Canada until 2007. At that time, Kruger was given a long term license to use the Scotties brand and the women's national championship was renamed The Scotties Tournament of Hearts.

Most provincial women's championships are now referring to themselves as the provincial Scotties.

03-12-14 11:07AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I think Kesa showed well at the STOH - not quite Kelly Scott levels but close for a very young team.

However, once the junior Van Osch comes on board I think it would be wise for them to make one addition - Kelly Scott herself. I think Scott is still a top-notch skip even though she seems incapable of throwing anything more than light hack weight.

If I were the Van Osch family I'd bring Scott on at lead but skipping the team. Scott has all the elements in her game to play top-notch lead (draws, freezes, tap freezes, etc.) and her game-calling would be even better cuz Kesa can actually make a wider variety of heavier weight shots than Kelly.

What do you think of that?

I don't think they need Kelly Scott at all. They did well enough without her. I expect that kesa will bring on kalia at 3rd and then some conglomeration of the 2 front ends they had separately will compose the front end.

03-13-14 02:13AM
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

Barb Spencer is playing with both of her daughters next year. I wonder if this is just for sentimental purposes, getting to play her last few competitive years with her family.. Or if Barb feels like this lineup is strong enough to take down the top teams in the province and land her a spot in the STOH?

03-13-14 11:23AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Barb Spencer is playing with both of her daughters next year. I wonder if this is just for sentimental purposes, getting to play her last few competitive years with her family.. Or if Barb feels like this lineup is strong enough to take down the top teams in the province and land her a spot in the STOH?

maybe both

03-13-14 06:05PM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

I doubt this move will make Sweeting lose any sleep. Too bad for Manitoba losing Carey, she really stepped up I think that team would have surpassed Jones by next year. Mystifying they would break up after their first breakthrough to the STOH.

03-13-14 08:05PM
jcullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jcullen Click here to Send jcullen a Private Message Find more posts by jcullen Add jcullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcullen
Hitting Paint

I can't imagine Kelly Scott joining Van Osch, if she plays at all.

As for the Van Osch girls, they're a dynamite back end. No front end announced yet.

Rumor has it the other girls are bringing Dailene Sivertson back from SK to curl with them. Not sure if that's true or not.

03-13-14 08:33PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by jcullen
I can't imagine Kelly Scott joining Van Osch, if she plays at all.

As for the Van Osch girls, they're a dynamite back end. No front end announced yet.

Rumor has it the other girls are bringing Dailene Sivertson back from SK to curl with them. Not sure if that's true or not.

If that's true about dailene then look out. That team will run BC just like Kelly scott did