Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 7 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-02-14 09:24PM
douchebaghater is offline Click Here to See the Profile for douchebaghater Find more posts by douchebaghater Add douchebaghater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
douchebaghater
Knee-Slider

New Teams and Rumours????

The Safeway Championship has been over for a few hours now, and despite the fact there are a couple Grand Slams left, and couple other big spiels for a select few teams, I would like to think individuals and teams are contemplating their futures as the season is essentially over for most.

What does McEwan do now? Perhaps Mr. Jen Jones would consider relocating and playing second with Mike and any number of candidates that would still have to include The Neufelds.

What does Fowler do? perhaps take over Irwins team, dumping a front ender?

Stoughton? Doesnt appear to be going off into retirement anytime soon. Does Carruthers want a change tho as he prepares for a run toward 2018? Does Mead wanna keep up the grind? Nichols could play 3rd for any team in the country.

Lyburn? solid run and they could give it another try.

Irwin? Might make sense to hook up with a Fowler or perhaps even Allen Lyburn?

Sigurdson? Good team, they would be stupid to change too much as they develop toward bigger and better things.

Those that can, please provide some insight.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-02-14 10:05PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

I think Irwin would fair half decently going out on the tour or about the same has Fowler been minus last year.

That's still a new team Fowler has with Brendan Taylor playing 2nd. Hopefully they can finish the rest year solid and get past any quarter finals on the remaining curling tour events. They have given Kevin Koe and the regulars on the tour a fight. A bit more fine turning all they need to get to the 2012 days and get to the next step similar to that of John Epping (at times) or go beyond human aka Brad Jabob's. Then go from there?

I can't see any changes with Willie Lyburn. A bit more consistently would be nice as they are capable of making lots of noise.

Stoughton isn't disbanding as now they will be the favorite at the Brier

McEwen is the biggest question mark.

02-02-14 10:51PM
hit_paint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit_paint Click here to Send hit_paint a Private Message Find more posts by hit_paint Add hit_paint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

I think it's inevitable that we will see a lineup chance with the McEwen squad. 5 years of frustration will make it hard for all of them to commit to the next 4 years with the same team. I also believe that Stoughton staying together is not a guarantee. Jeff wants to keep playing but is not committed to another Olympic cycle, this could mean Reid leaving the team looking for some younger players to work with towards 2018. If the Stoughton team separates then I think Mark Nichols will move back to the East coast.

02-03-14 01:04PM
ruralkid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruralkid Click here to Send ruralkid a Private Message Find more posts by ruralkid Add ruralkid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruralkid
Harvey Hacksmasher

I can't see any quick decisions coming from any teams that were in the Safeway Championship as we are still literally hours from it ending.
Sure there are endless possibilites out there, I believe that the longer a team is together, the more chemistry & better your chances of winning are.
Everyone is very critical of the McEwen team, but I really can't imagine how they are feeling as they have been together for a long time now & just can't win what they really want!
Every team will or can have their reasons to break up or stay together. I predict that we won't see or hear anything until May but thats a total guess.

Here are my predictions of teams staying together & breaking up.

Staying together
Stoughton - really good
McEwen - too much time committed to break up
Lyburn - solid young team
Irwin - first year together good run
Steen Sigurdson - improving every year
Grassie - Schedule works for them
Kuran - not afraid to play alot
Loreth - always seem to get to the show, small schedule families
Neufeld - Great shooters
Kraichy - good young team

Teams breaking up
Fowler - family time? Slow down
Daneault - Didnt get the results they wanted all year
Hyde - families

These are just predictions & my own personal opinion.

02-08-14 11:03PM
hit_paint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit_paint Click here to Send hit_paint a Private Message Find more posts by hit_paint Add hit_paint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

I heard David Kraichy might be moving out of the province. Wonder what that means for the rest of his team?

Also the Justin Stanus team might be looking for a new player or two.

02-10-14 12:01PM
Sweat Towel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sweat Towel Click here to Send Sweat Towel a Private Message Find more posts by Sweat Towel Add Sweat Towel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sweat Towel
Harvey Hacksmasher

Hey Chris. I'm putting myself back on the market for a team needing an experienced competitive Lead. The boss gave me the thumbs up to call up Rossmere and swap out the old Sweat Towel with a new one.

Looking for a team looking to play a few MCT or WCT spiels, zones, MCA...Safeway.

Email or PM if interested. rduncan@hydro.mb.ca

Last edited by Sweat Towel on 02-10-14 at 12:03PM

02-11-14 03:22PM
BradleyJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BradleyJ Click here to Send BradleyJ a Private Message Find more posts by BradleyJ Add BradleyJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BradleyJ
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Sweat Towel
Hey Chris. I'm putting myself back on the market for a team needing an experienced competitive Lead. The boss gave me the thumbs up to call up Rossmere and swap out the old Sweat Towel with a new one.

Looking for a team looking to play a few MCT or WCT spiels, zones, MCA...Safeway.

Email or PM if interested. rduncan@hydro.mb.ca

Hide your wives and girlfriends.......Dunk-A-Lunk is BACK!

02-11-14 10:27PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

hmm

I just randomly went on Fowler's twitter page, Al Lyburn is taking a year off next year. Hmmm.... have fun speculating who Fowler will find.

02-12-14 11:42AM
Sweat Towel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sweat Towel Click here to Send Sweat Towel a Private Message Find more posts by Sweat Towel Add Sweat Towel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sweat Towel
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by BradleyJ

Hide your wives and girlfriends.......Dunk-A-Lunk is BACK!

I think all the g/f's and wives appreciated knowing that Papa was tucking you boys in at night when we were on the road. In hindsight though, the kiss on the forehead was a bit over the top.

02-13-14 11:01PM
TDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TDR Click here to Send TDR a Private Message Find more posts by TDR Add TDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDR
Hitting Paint

Wiecek tweeted this evening that Stoughton is moving Nicholls to 2nd and Carruthers to lead for the Brier.

02-14-14 01:20AM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by TDR
Wiecek tweeted this evening that Stoughton is moving Nicholls to 2nd and Carruthers to lead for the Brier.

Even though on the surface it appears to be a weird time to make this change, in my opinion this makes Team Stoughton the favorites.

It always felt like Reid was their weak spot. Having Mark throw the hits instead should be an upgrade.

02-18-14 10:22PM
tonyslicer33 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tonyslicer33 Click here to Send tonyslicer33 a Private Message Find more posts by tonyslicer33 Add tonyslicer33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tonyslicer33
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by TDR

Seen them practicing this weekend, mark is throwing second.

02-18-14 10:25PM
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

Anyone else hear about Riley Smith leaving team Sigurdson?

02-18-14 11:20PM
Corn_Broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corn_Broom Click here to Send Corn_Broom a Private Message Find more posts by Corn_Broom Add Corn_Broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corn_Broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

Yeah I heard that too. Very surprising considering their success. Any speculation on who will replace him? If Kraichy is leaving the province it makes me wonder if they'll pick up Irving???

02-23-14 11:11AM
Curl401 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curl401 Find more posts by Curl401 Add Curl401 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curl401
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by tonyslicer33

Seen them practicing this weekend, mark is throwing second.

I suggested this before the Trials and was laughed off this board

The move was over due.
Mark is one of the best hitters anywhere in the world

02-26-14 12:50AM
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Corn_Broom
Yeah I heard that too. Very surprising considering their success. Any speculation on who will replace him? If Kraichy is leaving the province it makes me wonder if they'll pick up Irving???

Looks like you were dead on with that prediction. I just heard that Andrew is playing with Steen next year.

02-26-14 12:16PM
AIrving is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AIrving Click here to Send AIrving a Private Message Find more posts by AIrving Add AIrving to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AIrving
Knee-Slider

Incorrect. Last I heard steen team was still on the hunt. I am still looking as well. Willing to play multiple positions including lead for the right teams.

02-26-14 02:31PM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by AIrving
Incorrect. Last I heard steen team was still on the hunt. I am still looking as well. Willing to play multiple positions including lead for the right teams.

If your looking for a team and want to play a lot email me at twissjustin@gmail.com, we are Looking for a player next season and would like to know what your plans are.

02-27-14 01:33PM
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

Just saw that Matt Dunstone and his junior team are seeded third for the berth spiel in March. Will be interesting to see how they make the transition to mens curling.

02-27-14 02:38PM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

Who does Matt have playing with him this year?

02-27-14 02:55PM
Corn_Broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corn_Broom Click here to Send Corn_Broom a Private Message Find more posts by Corn_Broom Add Corn_Broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corn_Broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by hit_paint
Just saw that Matt Dunstone and his junior team are seeded third for the berth spiel in March. Will be interesting to see how they make the transition to mens curling.

Where did you see that? Who's all in the berth spiel?

03-01-14 09:38AM
TDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TDR Click here to Send TDR a Private Message Find more posts by TDR Add TDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDR
Hitting Paint

Matt Dunstone's new line-up has Colton Lott remaining at 3rd, Kyle Doering at 2nd and Robbie Gordon at lead.

03-01-14 10:14AM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

In Manitoba we start Daylight Saving Time next weekend Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 2:00 AM clocks are turned forward 1 hour Just a heads up for your schedules

03-10-14 09:21PM
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

Well I guess the Dunstone team showed that they can play with the mens teams. Congrats to them for qualifying for the 2015 Safeway Championship.

03-11-14 04:39AM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Who was Sigurdson's new third?