Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-07-13 02:19PM
gavinboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gavinboy Click here to Send gavinboy a Private Message Find more posts by gavinboy Add gavinboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gavinboy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Wow was Northern Ontario ever brutal this morning! Their front end is just not very good, all EJ did was snipe and bitch at the other guys for his missed shots, and his brother spent way too much time coming to the house and giving his unneeded input. Dude, you are a lead, stay at the other end and clean the ice and don't volunteer your opinion unless you are asked. It was hard enough for Jacobs to overcome the Saskatchewan team without having to overcome his own front end.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-07-13 03:26PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Wonderful win for Saskatchewan this morning. Dont think I need to state but but im a big fan of this team

Its about damn time they got some luck going their way too. 3 of their losses when they needed to steal to win or tie..in those final ends everything went right for their opponents

03-07-13 05:20PM
chapnlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chapnlie Click here to Send chapnlie a Private Message Find more posts by chapnlie Add chapnlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chapnlie
Swing Artist

I have been looking for shooting percentages from the Brier, but to no avail (not on CZ or Tankard Times). Are there "curlcast" percentages out there somewhere-?

03-07-13 05:28PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

What an incredible game Team Howard and Team Gushue are both playing. It is just a treat to watch both teams playing so well today.

03-07-13 06:24PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by KittyHisses
What an incredible game Team Howard and Team Gushue are both playing. It is just a treat to watch both teams playing so well today.

Agreed. This is the game that non curlers should watch.

03-07-13 06:27PM
chapnlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chapnlie Click here to Send chapnlie a Private Message Find more posts by chapnlie Add chapnlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chapnlie
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Try curling.ca

Looks like Martin may win out.

Gushue is struggling ferociously to avoid Martin catching him. However, doesn't matter if Martin catches up with two other fawns, he'll make tie-breaker and those fawns appear to be either North Ontario or Quebec.

Assuming Nfld, Ontario & Manitoba are safe - Martin needs the other to fall back to him. Quebec, N. Ont.

1. I have searched CCA site for shooting percentages, and come up blank. Do you have a link that would take me there?
2. You are assuming Martin can get by Virtue, Gushue AND Howard...and I have a hunch Glenn would love to keep Kevin out of any tie-breaker.

03-07-13 06:39PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by chapnlie

1. I have searched CCA site for shooting percentages, and come up blank. Do you have a link that would take me there?
2. You are assuming Martin can get by Virtue, Gushue AND Howard...and I have a hunch Glenn would love to keep Kevin out of any tie-breaker.

http://www.curling.ca/championships.../draw-schedule/

Scroll down to post game media reports

03-07-13 06:43PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

chapnlie

go here:

http://www.tsn.ca/curling/

click on drawsheet/results

then click on " click here for live scoring courtsey CCA that will take you to the scoreboard with all the linescores

then click on the full stats. There is an arrow up by the date that will let you choose other draws.

03-07-13 07:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I have faith that Martin will punish both Virtue and Goo as things are starting to fall his way.

However, the master confrontation of all-time might be Martin vs. Howard as Glenn might be in the position of exterminating his major threat to back to back Brier titles.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME...

Bud Bundy (Gushue) just gave Howard a major, major test and Glenn drew the pot with his final ball.

you also thought Northern ontario would have no problem taking out virtue.

Not to say its the same team but i think its been proven you cant underestimate this young team.

I myself predict a martin loss maybe not tonight but i dont think he'll get by all 3.

03-07-13 07:22PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Dackle
... we also noticed that martin crete didn't put the broom down anywhere near where menard indicated. I wonder why menard didn't notice that when he was in the hack,

.. .

This must be a Quebec thing. Charette used to do this to Guy Hemmings all the time. Basically ignore where Guy wanted the broom and nudge it to where he thought best. Hilarious.

03-07-13 07:27PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

So is ON guaranteed at least a tie breaker?

03-07-13 08:04PM
chapnlie
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade
So is ON guaranteed at least a tie breaker?

Yes. With 8 wins, they may be guaranteed a spot in the 3-4 game, since some of the other teams at the top will have to absorb additional losses, with MB vs NO and NFL vs QB still to come.

Last edited by chapnlie on 03-07-13 at 08:06PM

03-07-13 08:36PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Kevin Martin, thru sheer force of will takes all 3 of his last 3 games!!!

Big story looming at the Brier as Kevin re-enters the competition!!!! EVERYONE SHOULD BE SCARED! DAMN SCARED!!!

I actually hope he doesnt. I am actually pretty annoyed with the way some people have said that kevin needs to make the playoffs for this brier to be a success

I would love to see someone unexpected make the final 4. Gushue, Howard and Stoughton should all be there. Whether that 4th team is Quebec, Saskatchewan , Northern Ontario or New brunswick..I just would like to see someone unexpcted get there.

Especially after you had people like Middaugh(sherry), and Hart saying that Martin , Howard and Stoughton would be there for the medals and everyone else would just be there to compete.

03-07-13 10:07PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

After all the weeping & wailing, I see the old bear is contentedly munching on some tasty young fawns with the help of his wolf pack of course.

03-07-13 11:21PM
chapnlie
Swing Artist

I'm not so sure. Score is 2-2 after 5 ends, and are you forgetting that Brock Virtue skipped the AB rink that beat Kevin 2 (or 3) straight to knock him out of the AB playdowns last year-?
Kevin has to be the favorite, but the 'young fawns' might just rise to the ocassion and surprise him.

03-08-13 02:46AM
chapnlie
Swing Artist

Despite AB win over SK tonight, their chance of getting into a tiebreaker was hurt by NO win over MB.
The only way they get into a tie-breaker now is (1) they would have to win out against both NL and ON, PLUS (2) NO would have to lose to NB or NS or (3) NL would have to lose to both AB and QB, or (4) QB would have to lose to NL or SK or (3) MB would have to lose to both NWT and BC (that's not going to happen!).

Last edited by chapnlie on 03-08-13 at 02:52AM

03-08-13 07:16AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by chapnlie
Despite AB win over SK tonight, their chance of getting into a tiebreaker was hurt by NO win over MB.
The only way they get into a tie-breaker now is (1) they would have to win out against both NL and ON, PLUS (2) NO would have to lose to NB or NS or (3) NL would have to lose to both AB and QB, or (4) QB would have to lose to NL or SK or (3) MB would have to lose to both NWT and BC (that's not going to happen!).

1) a possibility...Martin always seems to beat Howard & Gushue
2) I agree if this happens many brooms will break
3) NL could lose to QB if menard gets back on a roll
4) sadly the poutine boys seem to have lost some steam and I think this will happen
5) if NWT &BC beat MB...well Stoughton would break more than brooms

03-08-13 08:09AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Valiant effort from Saskatchewan last night. I thought they were actually outplaying Alberta for a bit. Unfortunate that that 3 came in the 8th because i think this deserved to be a match that came down to last rock

With Northern Ontario winning its really hard to see 4 losses getting in. I think kevin is done

03-08-13 08:54AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

The NO win over Manitoba really hurt Alberta's chances, but here's a plausible scenario that still exists for Kevin:

1) Alberta beats Newfoundland and Ontario (we already know this has to happen anyway, or Alberta is cooked); AND

2) Quebec beats Newfoundland; AND

3) Saskatchewan beats Quebec

Regardless of what happens with NOnt, that would put Alberta, Newfoundland and Quebec all on 7-4 in 4th place. If NOnt loses one of its games against NB or NS then you'd have a 4 way tie for 3rd at 7-4.

03-08-13 09:37AM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi
The NO win over Manitoba really hurt Alberta's chances, but here's a plausible scenario that still exists for Kevin:

1) Alberta beats Newfoundland and Ontario (we already know this has to happen anyway, or Alberta is cooked); AND

2) Quebec beats Newfoundland; AND

3) Saskatchewan beats Quebec

Regardless of what happens with NOnt, that would put Alberta, Newfoundland and Quebec all on 7-4 in 4th place. If NOnt loses one of its games against NB or NS then you'd have a 4 way tie for 3rd at 7-4.

Martin is screwed it looks like. While either of Quebec upsetting Newfoundland, or Quebec losing to Sascatchewan seems plausible enough on its own, it isnt likely at all Quebec would play well enough to beat Newfoundland yet lose to Saskatchewan, a weaker team than Newfoundland, on the same day. I am not surprised at his big second half of the week comeback but it looks like it is going to fall short regardless of if he wins 6 in a row.

03-08-13 09:41AM
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

1) a possibility...Martin always seems to beat Howard & Gushue
2) I agree if this happens many brooms will break
3) NL could lose to QB if menard gets back on a roll
4) sadly the poutine boys seem to have lost some steam and I think this will happen
5) if NWT &BC beat MB...well Stoughton would break more than brooms

The problem is 3 and 4 (well part of it, Quebec losing to Sas only) both have to happen, presuming number 2 doesnt. Like I said it would be surprising if Menard both beats Gushue yet loses to Virtue on the same day of play, but I guess anything is possible. Northern Ontario are a very erratic team and could lose to New Brunswick if they play a mediocre game, or N.B plays lights out like they did vs Martin.

Last edited by KittyHisses on 03-08-13 at 09:44AM

03-08-13 10:25AM
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

I agree if Martin makes the playoffs he will have a great shot at winning, even with Howard looking unstoppable so far. That is also why Howard will come out with all guns firing in an effort to prevent any chance of that happening when he plays Martin, making his already difficulty task (as already noted he could do everything right and still has only 20-25% shot of making it is sems) all the more challenging.

03-08-13 10:27AM
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
There's really not much to separate Goo from Quebec and Sask'n so nothing is guaranteed.

Goo might be the top skip (percentage wise) at the tourney but he's now on a slight down roll and there's a real possibility he could fall to 7-4 to close the round-robin.

Quebec, the noisiest team on Planet Curl is still capable of knocking anyone off when they run hot.

Sask'n might be the key to all things Martin.

THey have NO SKIN IN THE GAME anymore. It appears as much as Martin (and supporters) are plotting all the permutations and combinations they other playoff bound teams may be plotting the same to KEEP MARTIN OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS, including the phrase 'THE FIX IS IN'

Brock Virtue, without skin in the game is key. Martin may have befriended Brock last nite in that tough slugout they had. Martin knows he'll need Brock's team to come up monster vs. a playoff bound opponent in the finale.

Martin has only one ally left at Brier 2013 and his name is Brock Virtue.

Very true. Martin needs to hope Virtue is motivated to come up with a big game vs Quebec (if he even still has a hope at that point). He has to hope Virtue feels some kind of kinship to Martin from their hard tussle at Martins grace at the end last night perhaps.

03-08-13 11:19AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

If you are an eternal optimist then 5 losses, believe it or not might not actually be out of it. Yes Manitoba, Ontario and New Foundland have closed that door. However there might still be a way in:

If Quebec loses its final 2 games(very possible) and Northeron Ontario loses its final 2 games(1 is possible, 2 is unlikely) and Alberta drops 1 game today(again, very likely)then 5 losses will get you something. In a perfect scenario where all this happens we could have Quebec, Alberta, Northern Ontario and possibly New Brunswick and Saskatchewan tied at 5 losses for 4th.It seems like a rediculously out there scenario..and in a way it is. In another way its not when you stop and consider that really only Northern Onatrio losing to Nova Scotia would be totally a wild loss.

Now..as for saskatchewan winning to help alberta i sincerely hope your joking. I am quite sure that Brock and the entire team dont give a flying **** about what haoppens to kevin. They are the ones that ended their dream and im sure that it would not break their hearts of Alberta missed out.Does that mean that Saskatchewan will tank a match to lock alberta out? definately not because these guys arent theose kind of people. Team Virtue came here with the goal of winning and while some might view that as ambitious for their first trip to the brier its ultimately the goal of everyone there.

Saskatchewan doesnt need any motivation to win out today anyway, they do have something to play for and im not referring to the one in a million scenario i illustrated previously. I believe that this year the bottom 4 teams will be relegated to that challenge round next year so Saskatchewan and Yukon/NWT and New Brunswick have lots to plays for. PEI, BC and Nova Scotia are already relegated but Saskatchewan, Yukon/NWT and New Brunswick will be fighting it out for positions 7 and 8 , trying desperately to avoid that 9th position and the final relegated spot.Given Saskatchewan's proud history in this event the Motivation for team Virtue will be even higher im sure to make sure they keep Saskatchewan's spot safe.

03-08-13 01:20PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

AB looking good in 10th