Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-04-13 11:09AM
Wally Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wally Curler Click here to Send Wally Curler a Private Message Find more posts by Wally Curler Add Wally Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wally Curler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Out of my Monday moaning mind, rocks, hats and a new name for the tick shot

http://hurryhardblog.blogspot.ca/20...r-thoughts.html

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-04-13 11:33AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

My thoughts on today's games:

British Columbia v.s Saskatchewan - battle of the rookies. BC has been slaughtered in all 3 of their opening games but this is a team they can keep pace with. Saskatchewan went an extra with PEI..but i think that has more to do with blanking all those ends. They gave ontario a great game then got pasted by new foundland. It looks to me like the saskatchewan that played the cash tour is back again, the one that cant generate points and struggles to keep the opponent off the board which is unfortunate. Still this is one of those teams saskatchewan needs to find a way to beat if they want any shot at all of a playoff spot
WINNER: British Columbia(unfortunately)

Nova Scotia v.s Ontario - I am actually surprised that Nova scotia is doing so poorly, none of their games have been close. Ontario(my pre-event pick to win) is looking amazing.
WINNER: Ontario to continue Nova scotia's misery

Quebec v.s Manitoba - great match on paper. Jeff has had jean-michel's number in the past but they have looked average so far and probably would be 1-2 if not for a horrible throw by kevin on his first. quebec on the other hand has looked incredible, jean-michel himself is playing as good as if not better than he did when he won in 2006. Alot of people writ quebec off but they are a very good team and if they keep this up they can definately win it all.
WINNER: this is the hardest one to call..ill go with Quebec but it will come down to last rock

Northern Ontario v.s Alberta - Kevin has had a slow start. He hammered BC last night but then again everyone has. His 2 losses come against 2 of the stronger teams. I expect kevin to have caught on to the rocks by now though, he's to smart not to have. still this will be a thrilling game
WINNER: okay i take it back, this is the hardest one to pick...ill go with Alberta in extra ends.

NIGHT GAMES:

Prince Edward Island v.s Quebec - The manner in which PEI has lost surprises me, I thought they had a really solid middle end. Quebec looks way to strong at this point to lose to PEI.
WINNER: Quebec and it will be over early

Saskatchewan v.s New Brunswick - This is one of those games that Saskatchewan has to win if they want any chance at all of finishing above 500. No it will by no means be easy because james has way more experience but Saskatchewan has the more talented line up. James took new foundland to an extra last night so brock and the team will have to be aware.
WINNER: Saskatchewan

New Foundland v.s Northern Ontario - tough day for brad and crew who could be 3-2 after a 3-0 start. This is a good one and I hope its the feature. Brad gushue has been the hottest skip at the event, making literally everything and it might just come down to a battle at skip position. If it does i give the edge to gushue..but only slightly
WINNER: New foundland , possibly in an extra

Yukon/NWT v.s Nova Scotia - well jamie and the team have been curling well, maybe not as good as last year but they still have been beating the teams they should and losing the games they should unfortunately. If he wants any shot at all of repeating last year's magic he needs to continue that great trend of winning games he should..as this is one of those
WINNER: yukon/North West Territories..possibly an early finish

03-04-13 11:53AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

K-Mart's mutterings have been very vocal re: the rocks.

Jeff Stoughton hasn't been as vocal but you can tell Stoughton is totally off his game. His morose demeanour kinda gives it away. Stoughton is rarely seen like that.

Makes it all the more incredible that 51 yr old Glenny Howard and The Loudmouths (Quebec) seem unaffected. And Goo, a guy usually bothered by just about anything just keep a rolling along!

Comments from K-Mart (obviously), Jacobs, Menard, Gushue and Howard on the rocks in here:
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...d-slow-cutters/

03-04-13 12:14PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

Comments from K-Mart (obviously), Jacobs, Menard, Gushue and Howard on the rocks in here:
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...d-slow-cutters/

Howard was heard complaining about the rocks last night. Laing had trouble with one...unfortunately at front end you have to keep them and ensure that the back end has the good ones.

03-04-13 04:44PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

geez. I've gone from thinking that Martin could win it Saturday morning to wondering if he'll even make the playoffs.

03-04-13 04:44PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well this is shocking. I thought martin could lose but...i thought it would be closer

Last edited by misty1 on 03-04-13 at 05:01PM

03-04-13 04:48PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Can I please get a score update? Having trouble with the live score webpage at work. Thanks in advance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 205.200.189.2

03-04-13 04:51PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
well this is shocking. I thought martin would lose but...i thought it would be closer

But you picked Alberta just four posts before.

03-04-13 04:58PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

But you picked Alberta just four posts before.

That was a typo, i'll fix it now

Last edited by misty1 on 03-04-13 at 05:00PM

03-04-13 04:59PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Question

quote:
Originally posted by Wally Curler
Out of my Monday moaning mind, rocks, hats and a new name for the tick shot

http://hurryhardblog.blogspot.ca/20...r-thoughts.html

So is a Weagle considered a low side tick exclusively or is there a "low side Weagle" and a "high side Weagle"?

03-04-13 05:04PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

WOW

Northern Ontario up 7-1

..i just did not see this coming, though kevin had his mojo back but ..no

03-04-13 05:04PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Martin has gone into denial now, he doesn't even believe what his sweepers say anymore

03-04-13 05:07PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

John Morris is a mess and Marc Kennedy is very agitated and annoyed with Johns struggles

03-04-13 05:10PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

who is kevin bringing his son in to replace?

at this point maybe we should switch to a closer game..maybe manitoba v.s quebec?

ontario/ nova scotia is a blow out as expected

03-04-13 05:13PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

The whole team is out of sorts. They are repeatedly missing shots they never miss. It happens to every team now and then, but you rarely see it on a big event like this.

03-04-13 05:14PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

on a side note am i the only one who doesnt get bringing the son out in a match like this? unless kevin plans on conceding after this end

03-04-13 05:17PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
who is kevin bringing his son in to replace?

at this point maybe we should switch to a closer game..maybe manitoba v.s quebec?

ontario/ nova scotia is a blow out as expected

never mind, they are all blow outs

didnt see that coming

03-04-13 05:23PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Well, Alberta certainly don't look good right now. Their schedule is interesting though. Their next five games are games they should win. If they lose any one of them, they're probably done, but if they can win them all, maybe they get their confidence back in time for their games against Newfoundland and Ontario.

03-04-13 05:24PM
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
on a side note am i the only one who doesnt get bringing the son out in a match like this? unless kevin plans on conceding after this end

They're down 7-1 to a good hitting team...and I think there's a minimum # of ends required at the Brier before handshakes

03-04-13 05:26PM
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by peteski
Well, Alberta certainly don't look good right now. Their schedule is interesting though. Their next five games are games they should win. If they lose any one of them, they're probably done, but if they can win them all, maybe they get their confidence back in time for their games against Newfoundland and Ontario.

Agreed. There is a reasonably good chance they'll be 6-3 going into those final 2 games against Gushue and Howard....and needing to win them both

03-04-13 05:54PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
if you curl 2 ends you get the goods for the briar

i think the lousy rocks are a great equaliser unfortuneately .. kind of spoiling it for me

Always ignore complaints about the rocks, whether they be from players on TV or your teammates in you Monday night men's league.

The Worst Rocks In The World (sheet D red) are currently at 4 wins and 2 losses.

The problem is between the hack and the rock.

03-04-13 06:01PM
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by ngm

Always ignore complaints about the rocks, whether they be from players on TV or your teammates in you Monday night men's league.

The Worst Rocks In The World (sheet D red) are currently at 4 wins and 2 losses.

The problem is between the hack and the rock.

If you look at the article posted earlier in the thread, Jacobs, Menard and Howard were all complaining about the rocks and they had perfect records at the time. Everyone just has to adapt, so it's not an excuse, but you'd be foolish to think they're not a big part of the problem.

03-04-13 07:35PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

I know these rocks will be used in the Olympics and it was used at juniors and everyone loved it, so what's wrong with them now?

03-04-13 07:58PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Kevin should be able to reel off 5 games in a row now and get to 6-3 before he mets ontario and new foundland...however the key word is should. Saskatchewan and Yukon/NWT are both good enough to beat them before that.

03-04-13 08:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

If new foundland keeps this up i can see them winning it all. They are looking very good