Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 14 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-12-13 07:54PM
milobloom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for milobloom Click here to Send milobloom a Private Message Visit milobloom's homepage! Find more posts by milobloom Add milobloom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
milobloom
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

McEwen just doesn't have the key-shot consistency to handle either Jacobs or Gushue, assuming he can finally get out of Manitoba.

ML, sometimes I wonder if you even think about what you write. You said the word "consistency", correct?

What is more consistent than being ahead of these teams in CTRS points for this year and miles ahead of them for two years?

I realize you generally talk out of your posterior but sometimes the odour that emenates is less tolerable.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-12-13 07:56PM
milobloom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for milobloom Click here to Send milobloom a Private Message Visit milobloom's homepage! Find more posts by milobloom Add milobloom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
milobloom
Administrator

I should also add that McEwen has collected these points WITHOUT the benefit of playing in a Brier.

03-12-13 07:59PM
milobloom
Administrator

quote:
Just one final comment and unfortunately its a negative one.

Did anyone else spit up their drink in laughter when they read this quote by ML?

03-12-13 08:44PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I agree. Fry was a major, major change. He'd been seen as a contentious player both playing for Stoughton and then moving on to serve for Gushue. Always extra stress when Fry imposed his opinions on Gushue and it came off a bit ugly on TV.

Thus, Jacobs knew they were bringing in a very hot shooter but would Fry try to dominate like he did with Jeff & Goo?

Perhaps in portions of the Brier round-robin but it certainly appeared Jacobs suddenly morphed into a top-notch skip in the page and started asserting himself over Fry's opinions.

Fry was easily the best third in the playoffs, out-duelling the best young third, Brett Gallant, and holding the great man Jon Mead to a virtual deadheat in the final game. And, o yes he eviscerated Wayne Middaugh, too!

Not quite as big a change but the media over-looked it. E.J. Harnden might now be the best second in the mens game. His powerful accurate throws are a major weapon and I actually think he'll be an all-star at that position for years to come, duelling with Laing & Marc Kennedy for the honours - although its not too far away to think both Kennedy & Laing will be moving up within the next two years, particularly Kennedy.

You must be kidding? E.J the best second in the mens game? not even close

03-12-13 09:01PM
Curl401 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curl401 Find more posts by Curl401 Add Curl401 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curl401
Swing Artist

Congrats to Jacobs and his NOnt team

The Guard up two in the Semi said a lot about their courage and was a great call on their way to stealing the win against Howard

Is Stoughton wanted to shake in 9 he should of

Bad timing for his spin move

It was Jacob's moment and its the Brier Final not the Kurl for Kids

Jeff is a class guy but this was a classless mistake

IMO

03-12-13 10:26PM
milobloom
Administrator

quote:

Glad you had a laugh. Been a long time. Probably felt good, too!

But you didn't put your own opinion down there Dallas - did you find the TSN announcers disrespecting the awards ceremony when they babbled over the medal presentation?

I'm not Dallas. I'm the guy who writes this

blog.

I wasn't really listening to the presentation so I didn't notice. I expect the producers may have had some influence on that decision.

Still confused why the bronze medal game is so important and then it's not on TV.

03-13-13 01:59AM
coorsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coorsman Click here to Send coorsman a Private Message Find more posts by coorsman Add coorsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coorsman
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Curl401

IMO

I couldn't disagree more, and neither could the 10 000 or however many in attendance for the final. Not even the championship being decided had everyone out of their seat, but the spineramas did.

03-13-13 02:29AM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by milobloom

Did anyone else spit up their drink in laughter when they read this quote by ML?

The man is ridiculous at the best of times. Even on ignore you can't help but see the sheer number of posts he puts up and you can't escape how much he's quoted for saying something stupid.

At the worst of times, he's tasteless and crass with old fashioned ideas about women. Some of his ideas seem hateful as is his demeanour responding to any criticism.

Hard to take the site seriously when the content is 50% ML.

03-13-13 02:46AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

The man is ridiculous at the best of times. Even on ignore you can't help but see the sheer number of posts he puts up and you can't escape how much he's quoted for saying something stupid.

At the worst of times, he's tasteless and crass with old fashioned ideas about women. Some of his ideas seem hateful as is his demeanour responding to any criticism.

And you continue to talk about him.
Your posts contain nothing except for your feelings about The Manitoba Legend.

He is truly a Legend!

50% ML
50% whiners
Accuracy +/- 50%

03-13-13 08:20AM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

WHAT!!! Canada’s mens has been lacking?

Just because the best teams were the experienced ones does not mean the game was “lacking”.

The women’s game, now that is lacking! When was the last world champion from Canada? Oh yeah….
2008 - JENNIFER JONES!

Ba-zing

I didnt say the mens field in Canada was lacking, I said young talent (both on the mens and womens side) in Canada has been lacking for awhile. Of course the veteran Canadian men are great, hence why they were dominant, but they cant rely on Stoughton, Martin, and Howard forever as all are pushing 50 now. A new team emerging as Champions of an event like this is long overdue.

03-13-13 08:28AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

OK. I'll give you Kennedy and Laing, for now.

But who else?

are we talking currently or are we talking all time?

currently id rate the following better than him:

Matt wozniak
mark kennedy
brent laing
carter rycroft
reid carruthers
frederik lindberg
christoffer svae

03-13-13 10:11AM
Skinz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skinz Click here to Send Skinz a Private Message Find more posts by Skinz Add Skinz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skinz
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Curl401
Congrats to Jacobs and his NOnt team

The Guard up two in the Semi said a lot about their courage and was a great call on their way to stealing the win against Howard

IMO

I don't know if the spin was classless or not, but I would think that a skip would want to make a shot to win the Brier. Why not shake after Jacobs makes the double? Maybe it is just me, but I like to see how teams reacts after making the last shot to win the championship. Just like when NONt beat ON to make it to the finals.

03-13-13 10:20AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Stoughton did the helicopter in the final end of the final against Martin a few years ago too. I have no problem with it at all - it's for the fans.

03-13-13 10:21AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by KittyHisses

A new team emerging as Champions of an event like this is long overdue.

Kevin Koe won the Brier and Worlds just a few years ago.

03-13-13 11:59AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:

He is truly a Legend!

50% ML
50% whiners
Accuracy +/- 50%

Does ML have naked pictures of you or something?

03-13-13 12:08PM
North60 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for North60 Click here to Send North60 a Private Message Find more posts by North60 Add North60 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
North60
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

trouble with the ignore option is you have to login to appreciate it.

it's a shtick i guess but, for me, the 'idiosyncrasies' got 'old' after the first few visits.

03-13-13 01:59PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

Does ML have naked pictures of you or something?

I’m not sure what his tastes are, but if he did, he would have g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶ weird taste!

Last edited by CaptMorgan on 03-13-13 at 02:02PM

03-13-13 03:31PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

All on your list are superior players. As stated prior, Kennedy & Laing are still better and far more nuanced than EJ.

That said, EJ served as a third for many years with Jacobs, dropping down only when the plan to bring in Fry was hatched!

Rycroft & Wozniak both set blistering front end paces but Woz has never been to the big show. Rycroft is one of the all-time legends of the game.

Carruthers dropped a bit this year imho. His key shot percentage doesn't match his overall percentage. He f'd up a couple clearances in End 1 of the Brier final which led to Stoughton wearing a stolen deuce and being forced to chase.

I'm sure your euro men are very good.

But for this week, including playoffs EJ Harnden was best.

yeah, he was great this week

but to say he's one of the best in the mens game? i wouldnt even put him in the top 10 among seconds

your getting excited about the harnden boys like you did the schneider sisters and look how that turned out

03-13-13 05:29PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:

He is truly a Legend!

50% ML
50% whiners
Accuracy +/- 50%

I have posted what 3-4 posts on this topic recently and he has posted at least 100 times in the same interval. You seem unable to post objectively. Are you a drinking buddy of the old guy, because honestly his fan club has to be paper thin by now.

Look, its a valid topic because the forum is DOMINATED by him.
In some ways, this is his own personal blog. I didn't even sign on here from September to January because I can't stand his influence on this site.

03-13-13 08:39PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

Kevin Koe won the Brier and Worlds just a few years ago.

Post Olympic Briers, Scotties, and Worlds might as well not exist as the best team in Canada (and in the case of the men, the best team in the World usually) was at the Olympics and is out of the running. This is especialy true for Koe who with all due respect had zero shot against Kevin at that point in time (he since has had some moderate success vs him, largely due to a slight decline of the Martin team).

03-13-13 09:42PM
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:

Kitty - what do you think the main reasons for the Martin decline are?

Hmm good question. I think the reasons in order from most onwards:

1. Having won everything there is in curling, and widely being recognized as THE greatest and best curler in history, while his 08-2010 team being recognized by some as the best team in history. Having gotten over his last remaining hurdles, winning Worlds, winning the Olympics. Hard to be as motivated. I am sure he is still motivated and hungry, but maybe not that extra 5% of some others, and like he was before, which can make all the difference at that level.

2. Martin (and Howard) teams raised the bar for everyone else, the same way Team Ferby/Nedohin did in the mid 2000s, and others like Stoughton, Koe, McEwan, and now Jacobs have risen to that challenge, are giving those two more a run for their money than they were having in the Vancouver quad.

3. The physical and mental wear of 20 plus year playing at that top level and always being at the top (and over a decade for Johnny Mo to a lesser degree as well) is starting to takes its toll. Chemistry problems between Martin and Morris are at times popping up again too.

03-13-13 11:07PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

Thats not fair at all.How do you justify something like that? sure they have been playing on the ice all week but the ice might change

I happened to be in Edmonton at the Brier and Stoughton practiced after the Semi finals

03-14-13 12:45AM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
I have posted what 3-4 posts on this topic recently and he has posted at least 100 times in the same interval. You seem unable to post objectively.

I want to read about curling on a curling website. It does not matter whether ML is right or wrong.
All your post are whiny complaints.
I find whiny complaints fodder.

03-14-13 08:27AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
I want to read about curling on a curling website. It does not matter whether ML is right or wrong.
All your post are whiny complaints.
I find whiny complaints fodder.

This in itself is a whiny complaint. You've rarely posted this season and I doubt you visit this site to read ML's banal commentary.

03-14-13 02:48PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

This in itself is a whiny complaint. You've rarely posted this season and I doubt you visit this site to read ML's banal commentary.

Ironic isn’t it!

Funny thing about me, I do not have to post after reading something, unlike some.
AND you are correct, I do not visit this site to just read what ML has posted.