Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 10 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-09-13 09:25PM
icehog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for icehog Click here to Send icehog a Private Message Find more posts by icehog Add icehog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
icehog
Harvey Hacksmasher

this Jacob kid is crazy. The NO boys have got to be the best hitters in the world right now. With their iffy weight calls, Gushue has got to find a way to make him draw if he's going to have a chance tonight.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-09-13 09:26PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

that pickout for 2 was one of the best shots I've seen this week

03-09-13 09:30PM
icehog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for icehog Click here to Send icehog a Private Message Find more posts by icehog Add icehog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
icehog
Harvey Hacksmasher

i'd say Jacobs is on a mission. Sort of like the Stoughton-Martin game a couple years ago when Mead/Jeff took them all to school. But Gushue is playing well as well so will be a good battle

03-09-13 09:47PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

Ryan Fry

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
TIme for Frescas favourite portion of the Brier. Manitoba Legends casting call for actors to play our top curlers.

Brad Pitt - Jeff Stoughton
Charlie Sheen - Kevin Martin
Bud Bundy (David Faustino) - Brad Gushue
Red Green (Steve Smith) - Wayne Middaugh
Martin Short (with bald wig) - Jonathan Mead
Bradley Cooper - Johnny Mo
Harvey Keitel - Victor Rauter
Jennifer Lawrence - Kaitlyn Lawes
Paget Brewster - Rachel Homan
Peter Mansbridge - Glenn Howard
Mike Smith (Bubbles) - Mark Nichols
Sasha Baron Cohen - Brock Virtue
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Martin Crete (Sam Kinison if still alive)
Al Pacino - Manitoba Legend
Jessica Chastain - Curlerbroad

Late adds:
CM Punk - Ryan Fry
Jill Officer - Brett Gallant

Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) - Ryan Fry

03-09-13 10:17PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

The NO moose are enjoying munching on their NL cod cakes. Those boys are really on. Howard could be hoping for an NL victory as I think these moose could beat ON.

03-09-13 10:29PM
icehog
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
TIme for Frescas favourite portion of the Brier. Manitoba Legends casting call for actors to play our top curlers.

Brad Pitt - Jeff Stoughton
Charlie Sheen - Kevin Martin
Bud Bundy (David Faustino) - Brad Gushue
Red Green (Steve Smith) - Wayne Middaugh
Martin Short (with bald wig) - Jonathan Mead
Bradley Cooper - Johnny Mo
Harvey Keitel - Victor Rauter
Jennifer Lawrence - Kaitlyn Lawes
Paget Brewster - Rachel Homan
Peter Mansbridge - Glenn Howard
Mike Smith (Bubbles) - Mark Nichols
Sasha Baron Cohen - Brock Virtue
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Martin Crete (Sam Kinison if still alive)
Al Pacino - Manitoba Legend
Jessica Chastain - Curlerbroad

Late adds:
CM Punk - Ryan Fry
Jill Officer - Brett Gallant

The Rock - Ryan Harnden

03-09-13 11:25PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

Page 1-2

The Page 1-2 game this afternoon reminded me of the 1981 Brier final. Hackner (northern version of Ontario) was 2 up coming home and Burtnyk (Manitoba) scored 3 in the 10th. The main difference was that Burtnyk's 3rd point need a biter measure to confirm that the 3rd one was in.

03-09-13 11:45PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

Re: Page 1-2

quote:
Originally posted by murphyj87
The Page 1-2 game this afternoon reminded me of the 1981 Brier final. Hackner (northern version of Ontario) was 2 up coming home and Burtnyk (Manitoba) scored 3 in the 10th. The main difference was that Burtnyk's 3rd point need a biter measure to confirm that the 3rd one was in.

Kerry also scored 3 without benefit of the free guard zone rule.

03-10-13 12:03AM
icehog
Harvey Hacksmasher

would love to see and NO vs MB final, and the way NO played tonight chances are good

03-10-13 01:06AM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
WOW - the best nite of curling I've watched in decades!!!

And it featured no less than 10 Brier wins between them. INCREDIBLE!

Jeff Stoughton's pressure-packed draw to the pinner may have eliminated the potential Brier champion, it certainly killed the crowd, didn't it? Jeff was certainly giving out some well-deserved hand gestures to the crowd, wasn't he? Said on radio before game that there were plenty of Stoughton Sucks chants and other things he couldn't say on radio. GOOD FOR JEFF.

Credit to Bilesky and Fleming for putting up major fights vs. top teams tonite.

Stoughton vs. Howard (Howard is just too much for Jeff right now)

Gushue vs. Jacobs (Jacobs eliminated by a crafty Goo)

Semi- Goo vs. Stoughton (probably goes to last brick)

If final is Goo vs. Howard, I actually like Goo.

If final is Jeff vs. Howard, Howard wins!

The thing is shaping up exactly as predicted by most, except Martin is missing and Jacobs is in.

Someone could make a mint fading your predictions. You have an absolutely uncanny ability to be wrong almost every time. You then flip flop your ideas and more times then not get it wrong again.

Seems fitting that Stoughtan beat Howard after you basically wrote him off ( calling him names etc etc as a bonus; your usual bs negative posts ). I still think Howard will win, but every one of these teams are capable of winning. The level of play is quite high and it would do you a lot of good to post more respectfully about these quality teams. Not that I expect you will, an old dog can't always learh new tricks and true respect might be beyond your capabilities.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-10-13 at 01:14AM

03-10-13 01:18AM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Jeff put up a valiant struggle vs. a superior Ontario squad but suffered from the same thing that usually bugaboos them - inferior rock positioning.

Came to haunt them in 9 as Jeff had to draw the potski twice and could only do it once!

Nichols and Reid were the culprits but neither Mead nor Stoughton could come up with a stunner!

Good luck in the semi-final boys - you've given Howard a direct ticket into the golden game!

Omg you are such a fool !!! You called a game lost at two down with the hammer in ten ? Please stop embarrassing yourself.

03-10-13 01:33AM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Par89
I guess the time has come to put ML on ignore. If he thinks his nicknames are funny, I don't. Did not appreciate loud mouthed frenchman and poutine something or other. Maybe the reason you get such little respect on this site is because you don't respect others.

The man's posts often seem ignorant to me, and deserves more criticism as he gets increasingly negative the last week. His "Curling IQ" thread is embarrassing and distasteful ( nevermind that it reflects his low comprehension of Curling strategy himself ) and should be removed. The references to "dwarves" and "pudge" stood out.

Again, I highly doubt the man has competed much in meaningful Curling at any time in his life; for sure not during the free guard zone era. Yet he posts like he is an authority figure with meaningful insight into the games.

03-10-13 03:47AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

The man's posts often seem ignorant to me, and deserves more criticism as he gets increasingly negative the last week. His "Curling IQ" thread is embarrassing and distasteful ( nevermind that it reflects his low comprehension of Curling strategy himself ) and should be removed. The references to "dwarves" and "pudge" stood out.

Again, I highly doubt the man has competed much in meaningful Curling at any time in his life; for sure not during the free guard zone era. Yet he posts like he is an authority figure with meaningful insight into the games.

And yet you continue to read and then say stupid things in reply.
The man is a legend!

03-10-13 08:54AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I really dont know if its the rocks or the ice but its been awful this week. Truly pathetic to have so many picks at an event like this

If its the rocksw i hope the cca has learned their lesson and never, ever gets these ones again because they appear to be truly disgusting

03-10-13 11:14AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

seems CZ is trying to decrease our dependency on the lineScores located here. Through STOH and #brier they have been ends later than elsewhere and now they are not even posted for the SF. (stats have been absent all season). Twitter works, so I can go there. curling.ca is an option of course, but as a dieHard CZ supporter, I feel a fade. Prob just a network change. kinda sad though.

- ty CZ. Scores up by end3. had me worried.

Last edited by nelski on 03-10-13 at 11:45AM

03-10-13 11:15AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: SEMI-FINAL UNDERWAY

quote:
Sunday Notes:

3. Would have been a nice gesture if CCA had flown Rachel Homan out to Edmonton for a day or two, just give her a taste of big crowd recognition.

What nonsense- They are getting ready for one of the biggest events of their careers so why would they have wanted to go all the way to Ed and back.
I am sure that the recognition and send-off event at their club in Ottawa last night would have meant much more to them.
Also you can't get much more recognition than a standing ovation in Parliament,

03-10-13 11:29AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Brier semifinal being held at 8:30 am in a vacant arena.

Yet another reason to get rid of the Bronze medal game and Page playoff system altogether.

03-10-13 11:58AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Guest
Brier semifinal being held at 8:30 am in a vacant arena.

Yet another reason to get rid of the Bronze medal game and Page playoff system altogether.

And of course the clocks went ahead earlier today. I've never seen a semi so sparsely attended.

03-10-13 12:01PM
icehog
Harvey Hacksmasher

can NO hold on for 5 more? If so I like their chances. They were my pick for an underdog win all week.

03-10-13 12:48PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Ontario on their way to a 3rd straight loss

03-10-13 12:50PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

You know the funny thing is its not like ontario is being totally outcurled like new foundland was last night
The story so far is glenn and his struggles. Even with that steal of 2 Ontario has had the oppertunity to score 3 twice. If he makes those its 8-8 after 7 and ontario has control.

03-10-13 12:59PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Is the Bronze game even being televised? I don't see it on the TSN schedule.

03-10-13 01:00PM
icehog
Harvey Hacksmasher

me thinks that is a game winner right there

03-10-13 01:05PM
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Ballgame

Ridiculous that a 10-1 team now has to play for a bronze

03-10-13 01:07PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
You know the funny thing is its not like ontario is being totally outcurled like new foundland was last night
The story so far is glenn and his struggles. Even with that steal of 2 Ontario has had the oppertunity to score 3 twice. If he makes those its 8-8 after 7 and ontario has control.

The TSN schedule says TSN.CA