Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-03-16 11:09AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Question Jacobs Toast

Looks like Team Jacobs will have to get to Trials another way..

Steve Laycock is hardly a " slow learner"..he's been in 6 Briers

Now its the Cinderella Skip ...Mark Nichols..
hope he gets this..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-03-16 11:10AM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

I hate how Cathy always gives away what just happened on another sheet just as the viewers are about to see the replay.

For example:
Bryan: "Kerri has a double for two which is her bread and butter"
Cathy: "Well the double is what she WAS playing, and it USUALLY is her bread and butter"

*Kerri misses the double*

This was just a minor example. She does it so often when she's giving updates from ice level..

Last edited by Sasquatch on 12-03-16 at 11:13AM

12-03-16 11:19AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im kind of shocked at how snippy the jacobs team is getting with each other.things are just breaking down

12-03-16 11:20AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Big Valboski keeping her team in the match with Einarson. Just curling brilliantly.

I suspect Val will gradually overtake and put away the spunky, but under-powered Manitobans!

Val could represent a very interesting threat in the semi-final. The Mean Girls have been rather listless and droll - while Val is on an emotional roller-coaster.

Val needs to take care of this morning's bidness - and then topple two of the world's top teams in Jones & Homan to punch her Olympic trials ticket - obviously she'll qualify down the road, if she loses - because its clear to this observer that Sweeting is easily one of the Top 3 teams in the country.

This weekend she'll have a chance to prove it!

that was a brilliant shot from val. one of the best shots i have ever seen. definitely a shot of the year candidate, gonne be hard to beat it. double angle raise to the button

12-03-16 11:36AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Sasquatch
I hate how Cathy always gives away what just happened on another sheet just as the viewers are about to see the replay.

For example:
Bryan: "Kerri has a double for two which is her bread and butter"
Cathy: "Well the double is what she WAS playing, and it USUALLY is her bread and butter"

*Kerri misses the double*

This was just a minor example. She does it so often when she's giving updates from ice level..

Yep I agree. I do think she and Brian are OK when covering a game but it seems she can't resist "letting the cat out of the bag" when taking about another sheet. We knew Sweeting was going to make that angle raise to the 4 foot against 2 before the rock got to the hog line. I just like it better when they explain what led up to the final shot (which she does nicely) but then just let us watch what happens. Not a big complaint just my preference.

12-03-16 11:37AM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

Interesting that the mens teams went into tiebreakers/playoffs in the exact same order as they are in the current CTRS standings.

12-03-16 11:50AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
im kind of shocked at how snippy the jacobs team is getting with each other.things are just breaking down

IMO they have always been "snippy" when they aren't winning, Brad clearly shows his disgust when the others miss a shot,

12-03-16 11:53AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

But,"I don't care anymore" comment is totally unprofessional and does not help team.

12-03-16 11:54AM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

With Mark playing so well i think Brad will play third stones for an event or two until he gets the rust off

12-03-16 12:13PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Liking Laycock. Been watching since he stepped away as Pat's vice. Hadn't followed his Jr. Prowess.
Go msFlett. You've got this. edit... and then... Hooray!

Last edited by nelski on 12-03-16 at 01:42PM

12-03-16 01:10PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

I agree with you Guido. The chief scorekeeper must evaluate each shot based on what was called. Using the 4 point system, a curler is never given less than zero for a particular shot. Suppose, for example, M.L. is asked to take out an opponent's rock which sits on the button but she misses the broom by a foot and ends up taking out two of her own rocks. ( a typical night's curling for her! ) She would be awarded 0 points out of a possible 4.
I was scoring the Homan/Jones match last night and , like you, gave Rach no points on her first end draws because neither reached the house. How Vic, after all these years, could possibly point out that her shot percentage after the 1st end was 13% was startling as well as imprecise, at best. Even worse, where was Russ? Why didn't he point out this percentage was just plain wrong. Certainly an egregious blunder on his part too.

12-03-16 01:58PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

They've always been grumpy when things aren't going well. I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary for them.

12-03-16 02:55PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
But,"I don't care anymore" comment is totally unprofessional and does not help team.

I wondered if anybody would say anything about it. Yeah, that wasn't cool or accomplish anything.

Both Jacobs and McEwen are sure hard on themselves.

12-03-16 03:35PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Fresca, that is not juicy language as we know it, nor did it sound juicy.

12-03-16 03:35PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay

yeah, that was bad. but i think at that point the situation on top of e.j fighting him on the call just got to him. e.j really overstepped there in my opinion. brad is the skip after all and while its okay to have an opinion he really shouldnt have fought with brad so much about the call.

12-03-16 06:42PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by darkwing01
With Mark playing so well i think Brad will play third stones for an event or two until he gets the rust off

I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe have Brad call the game and throw third stones, don't want Brad sweeping that much with a hip problem.

12-03-16 06:43PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Another Homan-Jones Final

Amazing to see these two teams play by far the best curling in the country, they're on a level of their own. I hope one of them wins the Scotties so that we have a shot at the World title.

CurlingCanada should consider scrapping the Trials and in its place have Homan and Jones have a 5 game playoff to see who goes to Pyeongchang. jk

12-03-16 07:17PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

The reason being they are solid from lead through skip. Einarson needed help in front of her, not there. Maybe some team shuffling will go on after trials.

12-03-16 07:17PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

The reason being they are solid from lead through skip. Einarson needed help in front of her, not there. Maybe some team shuffling will go on after trials.

12-03-16 07:36PM
Sean
Administrator

quote:

Should Jones win I truly believe this will be her 2nd biggest trophy - just a tad below her spectacular Olympic Games run. Ringing up the big sharks, twice in the same tourney - after just coming off a late fall pregnancy would be just amazing for JJ, catapaulting her confidence to the moon!

Why 2nd biggest trophy? The win would only really earn her spot on the Continental Cup team since she already has the Trials spot.

My Order:
1-Olympic Gold
2-08 World Gold
3-13 Trials Win
4-15 Scotties Win (1st Cdn win w/Kaitlyn)

12-03-16 09:26PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
i like the smaller score and rocks remaining in bottom left !! thx tsn

and reid looks better with the trim..

agree with you on the scoreboard.

12-03-16 11:09PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
i like the smaller score and rocks remaining in bottom left !! thx tsn

and reid looks better with the trim..

Agree and agree.

12-03-16 11:41PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: WOW - Super Curlng Game

quote:
Reidorama vs. Reveen Epping

Haven't been entertained by a mens curling game since the halcyon days of Jeff Stoughton and Kevin Martin.

This one had everything. Epping tormented Reid for several ends - including stymying the Manitoban for a steal in the 9th end. Reid hung right in there - relying on instincts and one of the best 3rds in the game (Moskowy); finally having to draw the pot with his final stone in the extra.

Two games left - 1 womens, 1 mens

I'd say Reid has a slightly better chance of booking his trials spot than Jones.

Your posts remind me of people that talk just to hear their own voice.
Jones has already "booked her spot", so how the hell can Reid have a better chance???? But...... you know that, as you mention later in your post. The reason for my observation.

Can you please tell us peons what formula you have used to come up with your percentages to win??? Obviously you have done some sort of math to come up with these numbers.

Last edited by guido on 12-03-16 at 11:44PM

12-04-16 10:35AM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

All the teams hunting for a trails spot will be hoping for a Gushue win tonight, if not with a 200 point lead and only 4 large events to play it will be a difficult battle for the 2 year spot

12-04-16 03:29PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

Wow.