Germany (7)
Norway Final
Italy (8)
Denmark Final
Switzerland (8)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 6 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-27-16 08:50AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

2016 Canada Cup

I will already congratulate the "Team in Brandon", as I know it will be a great event! Can't wait to get to the arena.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-27-16 10:31AM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

just hope the people calling the game would stay quiet so we can hear the players. the ones on the ice are making the shots so i would like to know what it is their thinking

11-27-16 06:47PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by darkwing01
just hope the people calling the game would stay quiet so we can hear the players. the ones on the ice are making the shots so i would like to know what it is their thinking

well perhaps you should just stay home and watch it on TV then so you can hear. You are not going to hear every player at anytime while they are on the ice. On your TV at home you can hear them.

11-27-16 07:34PM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

i was talking about while watching tv, they talk about what they would do, other than Russ and Kevin, I would sooner know what Koe is thinking. He is on the ice, so as a world class player, he should have a better ideal of whats happening rather than someone watching

11-28-16 07:31AM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Well Kevin won't be broadcasting on TSN. Koe - a world class player, hmm, he has had his difficulties.

11-28-16 08:37AM
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
Well Kevin won't be broadcasting on TSN. Koe - a world class player, hmm, he has had his difficulties.

When you win the World Championship a few times, no hmm about it

11-28-16 08:53PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

It should be a week of great games, almost a mini-Trials in a sense as everyone goes 100% in Brandon to get to Ottawa.

Have to remember that Koe,Homan and Jones already have their spots. So really it's 5 women's teams and 6 men's teams battling for the coveted Trials Spots.

11-28-16 09:08PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

tons of TV coverage

With 13 TSN telecasts we will get a really good look
at what level of form the Teams are at..

11-28-16 11:07PM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

Women's Preview

I'm really looking forward to the women's event since there really hasn't been an extremely dominant women's team here in Canada this season so far. Sure a few of the teams have had some good results, but every single team has shown a few signs of weaknesses, even this deep into the season. Some will surely disagree with my preview below, but I will try to explain my thoughts below to try to make some sense of it.
Here's how I'm thinking the round-robin may shape up:

Rachel Homan: 4-2
Jennifer Jones: 4-2
Tracy Fleury: 4-2 or 3-3
Val Sweeting: 3-3
Chelsea Carey: 2-4
Kelsey Rocque: 1-5
Kerri Einarson: 1-5

*Homan: They've had good results this year, but nothing spectacular. They already have a trials spot and have been taking it easy this year so their occasional sloppy play doesn't concern me. They should finish either 5-1 or 4-2, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't win it this year.

*Jones: *See Homan above. Jones slightly more inconsistent in my opinion, possibly because she took the early part of the season off due to her pregnancy.

*Fleury: Rough start to the season, however they seem to get better with every event. They just won the Sunova Spiel in Manitoba today, steamrolling the red hot Englot team 8-1 in the final. Although they didn't get past the QF at the last slam, they had a relatively simple shot to beat Sweeting so they are still playing well, in my opinion. I can see this team making a deep run in this event.

*Sweeting: Also the same slow start as in Fleury's case, picking it up at the Tour Challenge although she got a gift from Fleury in the QF. They have been up and down this season so I can see them finishing anywhere from 4-2 to 2-4. Wouldn't surprise me if they won, wouldn't surprise me if they missed the playoffs.

*Carey: Not sure what to say about this team... One week they are unstoppable, the next they almost look like rookies, quite frankly. I have trouble seeing them finding their Scotties form this week. Anywhere from 4-2 to 1-5 I think.

*Rocque: Decent season so far, I can see them getting to 3-3 and a possible tiebreaker. Laura Crocker has struggled thus far though and will need to step it up if they want to defeat Jones and Homan.

*Einarson: I have no idea what to say about Team Einarson.. Not a good season at all, they haven't qualified for playoffs in any of their events this season. I honestly don't see that changing this week. I'm thinking 1-5 or 2-4 for this team.

Some of these may be completely off but that's what I'm predicting. Like I said, nobody has been really dominant this year so I think the event is wide open. Looking forward to hearing from others.

11-29-16 01:17AM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

I'm just having fun here so don't take it seriously. Let's say that Koe, Jones and Homan win Canada Cup, Brier and Scotties, who would get in?

Men:
Two-year
Gushue
Top 5 on CTRS:
Carruthers*
Epping*
Laycock
Jacobs
Morris

Women:
Two-year CTRS:
Sweeting*
Top 4 on CTRS:
Flaxey*
Englot*
Scheidegger
Rocque

Summerside:
Men:
2014 Canada Cup McEwen
2014-15: Bottcher (Not sure about it, Howard had more points but has two new members, so he shouldn't count)
2015-16: Howard
2015-16: Thomas
2015-16: Bottcher
2015-16: Lyburn
2016-17: Gunnlaugson
2016-17: Balsdon
2016-17: Dunstone
2016-17: Deruelle
2015-17: Bice
2015-17: Menard

Women:
2014 Canada Cup Sweeting so it goes to 2016-17): Fleury
2014-15: Middaugh
2015-16: Carey
2015-16: Einarson
2015-16: McCarville
2015-16: Harrison
2016-17: Meilleur
2016-17: Chyz
2016-17: Kleibrink
2016-17: Thompson
2015-17: Tippin
2015-17: Robertson

It's still early in the process, there is still a big 5 months of curling to be played, but we know for sure that all those teams have their spot booked for Summerside. From the 11 teams trying to get a spot, the only one that needs badly to get a spot either via the Scotties or the Canada Cup is Einarson because of their annus horribilis. The other teams will all make the slam in 1 month, not her team right now unless she makes it to the final which should give her enough points to get an invitation if my math is correct. (Got a SFM of 11.097) But you have to expect that at least one team not playing in Brandon will go to Ottawa without having to go to Summerside.

On the men's side, I still think that those teams are well placed to get to slams which is what matters if you're chasing a Trials spot. McEwen's the only team that would be right now on the outside looking in if we stopped now, but he's still in the thick of things.

*I'm not sure who gets what spot, maybe Gushue gets the 1 year instead of the 2 year, it's still the same teams that qualify any way you count. For the women, it was easy because Sweeting is not in the top 2 right now in the CTRS 1 year ranking so whether you count he top 2 for the 1 year ranking before the team for the 2 year ranking, you will get the same teams in.

If you think I forgot a team, please tell me I missed Carey the first time I wrote this thing before remembering that she wasn't in the first 7. If a team has made two changes, I didn't put them there.

11-29-16 09:17AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Re: tons of TV coverage

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
With 13 TSN telecasts we will get a really good look
at what level of form the Teams are at..

Unfortunately for those of us in the US, it's looking like ESPN3 is not going to be carrying the TSN coverage like they did last year. Or at least there's no sign of it in the "upcoming" section right now, with 1 day to go. We're blacked out.

11-29-16 09:52AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Red face what a shame ^^^

Check back here..if I can find any LIVE stream options I'll post it for you...

11-29-16 10:31AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

interesting read ^^^

The only "high-end" possibility might be Team Homan wanting to stay really sharp/consistent..
the Slam National starts on Dec 6
Seems there are two contenders and the rest pretenders..based on this season results to date
Jones has never really gone off track..always wants to win..
Homan- Jones final.. regardless of Trials spots..

11-29-16 11:09AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Re: what a shame ^^^

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Check back here..if I can find any LIVE stream options I'll post it for you...

Thanks HotRocks.

I've emailed relevant parties. The TSN folks got back to me in person to say it's nothing to do with them; ESPN has the rights and just doesn't seem to be doing anything with them this time. Emails to ESPN get me nothing but auto-replies.
That's maybe not surprising as I hear they're in a turmoil of layoffs these days.
It could be as simple as whoever had the curling job was let go and their task never got reassigned or was given to someone who now has too much to do.

11-29-16 11:55AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Question who knows ^^

If you are basing your pick on Sweeting beating newly-formed Team Englot in the Tour Challenge.. we shall see
Kinda question your opinion Lori OJ (40) has now joined world top thirds..She has a long history of coming up with big games ( Borst).. has the added gift of the Saville center within driving distance..
but...will Val "get the ice" early in games..as has been her achilles..
As good as they are Team Kelsey ( 22) Rocque .. might find the grind a bit over their heads still..
What is concerning is ..what has happened to Team Canada( W)

As mentioned earlier.. with 3 games a day televised we shall see for ourselves all Team chemistries / struggles

Last edited by HotRocks on 11-29-16 at 11:57AM

11-29-16 05:59PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

This 'spiel will be merely be a walk in the park for Rach & Co. Six (6 ) wins , no losses sounds about right to me. Class counts. The others? It really doesn't matter. The finals? You shouldn't have to ask.

11-30-16 07:56AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Heads up ...

Canada Cup of Curling: Draw 2

Chelsea Carey vs. Rachel Homan

Today at 2:30PM ET / 11:30AM PT on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5

11-30-16 08:15AM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

Assuming these are ten end games. Trying to schedule my day and basing it on time Draw One will finish.

11-30-16 09:35AM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

I will mention before someone else does

no, there are not many fans in the stands. We have snow, rain and a lot of roads closed, school closed, etc. Plus it is only 8:30 start here.

11-30-16 12:18PM
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

he said Jones got her trails spot based on her 2 year total, she was to bussy talking or did not know the difference

11-30-16 12:51PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Women (Nine Spots)

1 - Winner of 2015 Canada Cup - Rachel Homan
2 - Winner of 2016 STOH - Jennifer Jones (replaced Scotties winner Chelsea Carey after she failed to medal at world championships.
Team Jones were the next highest unqualified team on the CTRS)
3 - Winner of 2016 Canada Cup
4. - Winner of 2017 STOH(must medal at world championships to secure spot)
5 - CTRS leader for 2015-17 (two-year total) - 2015-16 CTRS Rankings / 2016-17 CTRS Rankings
6 - CTRS leader for 2016-17 (one-year total) - 2016-17 CTRS Rankings
7 - CTRS runner-up for 2016-17 - 2016-17 CTRS Rankings
8 - Pre-Trials*
9 - Pre-Trials*
*The last two spots will be determined at the Pre-Trials in Summerside, PE from Nov. 6-12, 2017.

11-30-16 12:54PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Men (Nine Spots)

1 - Winner of 2015 Canada Cup - Kevin Koe
2 - Winner of 2016 Tim Hortons Brier - Kevin Koe (replacement will come from the CTRS rankings on May 5, 2017)
3 - Winner of 2016 Canada Cup
4. - Winner of 2017 Tim Hortons Brier (must medal at world championships to secure spot)
5 - CTRS leader for 2015-17 (two-year total) - 2015-16 CTRS Rankings / 2016-17 CTRS Rankings
6 - CTRS leader for 2016-17 (one-year total) - 2016-17 CTRS Rankings
7 - CTRS runner-up for 2016-17 - 2016-17 CTRS Rankings
8 - Pre-Trials*
9 - Pre-Trials*
*The last two spots will be determined at the Pre-Trials in Summerside, PE from Nov. 6-12, 2017.

11-30-16 01:12PM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Jones trial spot

article from last April

http://globalnews.ca/news/2644523/j...c-trials-berth/

11-30-16 02:01PM
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

You would think Brian and Kathy would know that

11-30-16 02:30PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Heads up ...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
[B]

No TV on 1st draw, HR?

Yes ML there was t.v. coverage. I watched the game.