Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 13 of 21 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-05-13 10:07AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I think a lot of unstable curling fans take it far too seriously

and if anyone knows about unstable ....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-05-13 10:10AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Page playoff three-four game on Saturday at 11 a.m.

Makes sense to give the 1-2 loser more rest before the semi. Then again it may be TSN. Better to have Canada on Sat-aft than late on a Friday night.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-05-13 10:12AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

i HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE REMIND YOU OF YOUR 'FRAILTIES"

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

and if anyone knows about unstable ....

SO WHAT ? THIS MAKES THE WHOLE PLAYOFFS WORTH WHILE TO WATCH RIGHT? we cannot say this has been a "boring' men's worlds can we?

04-05-13 10:13AM
Unregistered

Ultimately you gotta feel for Jacobs in their last two losses, both against desperate teams.

Tied after 8, Denmark makes a sensational in-off for two in 9.
Tied after 8. Sweden makes a fantastic 20-ft runback for two in 9.

Both extremely close games where they were forcing the opposing skip into making really difficult shots. Unfortunately they got beat.

They are missing that little bit of sharpness that they had before - Fry and Jacobs in particular just seem to have lost the feel a bit - but they are still managing games very well. If they regain that edge, they are still the best team at this tournament. At very least, every team here has lost at least 3 games - everyone is fallable. It's all about who gets hot in the playoffs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.81.54.22

04-05-13 10:27AM
Unregistered

Back to the Soo.

Anyone that actually think these guys can repeat their Brier effort is dreaming big time. Their mojo has disappeared. Jacobs strategy is puzzling. Muscle-head Fry has lost it & he knows it. Front end looks gassed.

& Vic, Linda, & Russ were so biased it was sickening to listen to last night vs. Sweden. Its as if Swe couldn't/shouldn't have made any of those shots, especially in the 9 & 10 end. YOUTUBE LIVE has better coverage.

Koe, Howard, Stoughton........thanks for ruining the streak Jacobs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 205.189.94.13

04-05-13 10:37AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

glad I missed last night's telecast?

not wanting to hear more of same ole same ole crap on TSN.

04-05-13 10:46AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:

Both extremely close games where they were forcing the opposing skip into making really difficult shots. Unfortunately they got beat.

It used to be said that the one of the big differences between Canadian curlers and "all others" was that Canadians could always make the big shots but others couldn't. In the matches I watched this week this is clearly no longer the case.

04-05-13 10:54AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

your right on with that comment...

yep while the rest of the world "catches " up and nips at our heels.... we are in danger of losing lets make no mistakes...

04-05-13 10:57AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:

Tied after 8, Denmark makes a sensational in-off for two in 9.

I was surprised they just 'left' that shot for Denmark by simply peeling out their own rock that would have been for an easier double. I know its armchair skipping, and the benefit of hindsight, but surely there was another alternative of bringing another rock into the house somewhere? That in-off that was left for the Danes was very makeable and low-risk.

04-05-13 11:07AM
Unregistered

I notice that the commentators sure love looking for excuses as to why the canadians might miss a shot. I also wonder why this team itself seems to have such a hard time admitting to making a mistake or just plain throwing a bad stone.

For example last night. I cant remember what end it was but ryan fry missed a shot and the front end told him he didnt throw it that well after he asked if it grabbed and they flat out told him it didnt. Then he goes and joins brad and when they discuss it and brad asks him if the front end thought he threw it well he said yeah even though they didnt.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

04-05-13 11:12AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

what would you expect?.... their "homers" like CBC 's

quote:
I notice that the commentators sure love looking for excuses as to why the canadians might miss a shot. I also wonder why this team itself seems to have such a hard time admitting to making a mistake or just plain throwing a bad stone.

For example last night. I cant remember what end it was but ryan fry missed a shot and the front end told him he didnt throw it that well after he asked if it grabbed and they flat out told him it didnt. Then he goes and joins brad and when they discuss it and brad asks him if the front end thought he threw it well he said yeah even though they didnt.

MIKE HARRIS HAAHAHAAH IT IS DO OR DIE FOR our boys from the Soooooo , and putting on a solid game performance will "exorcise" any bad demons from the past (lets hope)

04-05-13 11:14AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

The last few games have seen the front end including Fry, trying to change Brad's calls. Happened at least 6 times in last night's game. Fry did the same thing with Gushue.
It may have been the wrong call by Jacobs but you lose confidence by being questioned so much. His eyes were downcast and shoulders sagging.

Deja vu.

04-05-13 11:16AM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

Linda went on and on yesterday during both their games about how tired team Jacobs is. It's a gruelling week, they are mentally exhausted, yadda yadda. I suppose it doesn't occur to her that the other teams who, except for the US came from overseas, might be just as tired.

04-05-13 11:26AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

iF JACOB'S TEAM SEEMED "TIRED" ACCORDING TO

quote:
Originally posted by Dackle
Linda went on and on yesterday during both their games about how tired team Jacobs is. It's a gruelling week, they are mentally exhausted, yadda yadda. I suppose it doesn't occur to her that the other teams who, except for the US came from overseas, might be just as tired.
Lynda than they should of 'slipped" over to the Strathcona Hotel in Victoria, dropped by "Big Bad John's" for a refreshment after their loses.... :

04-05-13 11:26AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Dackle

yeah, i just dont get that. I can understand if they are tired but teams like michel, edin, ulsrud, brewster and stjerne have been playing just as much as they have..in some cases more so if fatigue is a factor it's not just affecting canada.

the excuses need to stop

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

04-05-13 11:41AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I think what I have noticed is that Ryan Fry has been trying to skip alot more in this event than he did at the Brier.Its all fine and good to present options but he has ended up changing Brad's mind a number of times and thats not always a good thing

as the struggles continue he's been doing it more and more

04-05-13 11:50AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

well spoken , supreme leader

quote:

Its obvious Linda is tired, very tired!

They don't do draws where canada has a bye so no use for Cathy Gautier or Brian Muderyk. Russ seems to be carrying most of the casts as Linda is simply at a loss for words and while Vic is a glib guy and can generate verbiage at a second's notice, some of his stuff has been well below the normal average we expect from Mr. Everyman.

as the World's wind down here in Victoria and the conclusion is yet to be played out on the ice...we might be all relieved NO MORE VIC RAUTER TO LISTEN TO , at least for a while ahahaha

04-05-13 11:50AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
I think what I have noticed is that Ryan Fry has been trying to skip alot more in this event than he did at the Brier.Its all fine and good to present options but he has ended up changing Brad's mind a number of times and thats not always a good thing

as the struggles continue he's been doing it more and more

I think that's a fair observation. At the Brier, there was team input but Jacobs in the end was very decisive about the shot to play. This week many of the shots seem to be coming out of a group discussion with Ryan and EJ.

04-05-13 11:51AM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

A couple of observations, if I may ...

It is great for our game that Europe and Asia have shown such skill. Canada went through the Brier RR at 8-3, but could only get to 7-4 with all the home ice advantage they could ask for. Curling is in good hands and these guys are good! This can only make eveybody better.

Scotland's rotation may signal a stronger trend in the Olys. We have seen under-performing teams panic and change lineups willy-nilly, but this is the first time I can think of where a gold medal contender has a planned strategy of rotation to find the hot hands for the week. Common theory is that mixing lineups is a recipe for disaster, but you cannot argue withresults and Scotland is a clear #1. Expect to see a lot more of this next year and all the way through the Olys.

Speaking of Scotland, congrats to David Murdoch for winning the RR. He is a twice world champion, and if he wins here he ties David Nedohin and Peja Lindholm for most wins as skip in the last 2 years!

04-05-13 12:00PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

He'd be within 1 of equaling glen howard, randy ferbey and eigel ramsfjell with 4 world titles in total as well.

Wonder if anyone will ever surpass 4 world championships?

04-05-13 12:04PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

wait and be around for another thirty years or so..?

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
He'd be within 1 of equaling glen howard, randy ferbey and eigel ramsfjell with 4 world titles in total as well.

Wonder if anyone will ever surpass 4 world championships?

I am sure somebody will equal or break record as mentioned, ONLY THING WILL WE BE AROUND? nice thought though...

04-05-13 12:08PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

My mistake. Eigel ramsfjell only has the 3. still its an interesting question. even getting 3 has been difficult for skips so it would be great if david could do it.

04-05-13 12:15PM
nelsosi
Swing Artist

This is not intended to be a knock against the accomplishments of Murdoch, Peja, Eigell, etc.....but in fairness to Canadian skips, it is awfully difficult for them to win multiple Worlds simply by virtue of how difficult it is for them to even make it to the Worlds at all. Think about a guy like Koe who has a battle to even make it to the Brier (like Martin did during the Ferbey years). How many world titles would some of these non-Canadian skips have won if they were Alberta based?

04-05-13 12:16PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

GOOD GUESS SUPREME LEADER...

MY GUESS would of been either one or the other myself...lets be 'hopefull' that a silver lining is hanging over Brad Jacob's "dark cloud" ....

04-05-13 12:26PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

best comment reply ever !!!!

quote:

I'm recommending you be flown in to Victoria immediately to replace Vic Rauter!

yes and we would all chip in to help cover the costs incurred...