Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > GSOC- National Dec. 6-11 2016

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-08-16 01:29AM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

.Thanks "Observer" for your front row seat commentary!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-08-16 06:36AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Ditto

quote:
Originally posted by ellejay
.Thanks "Observer" for your front row seat commentary!

12-08-16 06:46AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Smile Finally- TV today

Luckily we get TV Thurs..so can enjoy seeing this World-class curling

Really happy for Val Sweeting that she's off to a 2-0 start..she's just too good to stay struggling for long

Kinda testing Anna Hasselborg..her second event game Final hammer fail but it seems from Observer's account this wasn't a draw like at the Euros...
Peja Lindholm should be able to help her figure out what she may be doing to misjudge these game-losing shots...maybe its even something as minute as a sweeping judgement issue..
Margaretha Sigfridsson has always been Sweden's rep so Anna now gets her experience..

Like Cheryl Bernard said: " you Win or you Learn.."

Last edited by HotRocks on 12-08-16 at 03:23PM

12-08-16 08:22AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

additionally

I should say it was tough to tell from my angle whether Anna's 4th stone would've counted or not, and they don't have any overhead camera shots here (though I suspect we may at least start seeing the TV video when that starts today). If it was only 3, that just would've sent it to an extra end where Jones would have hammer. And the guard she crashed on was in a tougher spot than the one in the Europe final.

12-08-16 10:49AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
McCarville over-powers the mercurial Alison Flaxey via back to back 3-spots this a.m. in only womens game.

Flaxey, the points leader has suddenly fallen on harsh times - not an insult to lose to monsters like Homan, Jones or Sweeting but getting thrashed by the light-playing Krista makes one wonder.

However, Flaxey said the team are really practice monkeys and early season success was no fluke. Like most curling teams, maybe they're just in a funk.

I wonder if the now heavily favoured to win Homan has reverted to past strategies, abandoning that pitty-patty nuance game they seemed committed to learn earlier this year?

I hope you are not implying that losing to Krista mccarville, a 2 times Scotties medalist and Olympic trials bronze medalist is something to be a shame of.

12-08-16 10:59AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

While it is generous to give the Junior team of tanner Horgan a sponsors exemption, they look like they are getting thrashed...would it not have been better to give an exemption to another men's team who might have benefitted from the potential points and competition?

12-08-16 11:53AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Flaxey v McCarville

I watched Flaxey vs McCarville, and it was straightforward. McCarville put together solid, well-constructed ends while Flaxey simple missed her shots at the wrong moments.

12-08-16 12:06PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Is the Horgan family not "the" curling family in the area that might have influenced the invite?

12-08-16 12:20PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Is the Horgan family not "the" curling family in the area that might have influenced the invite?

Good point!

12-08-16 01:00PM
Observer
Swing Artist

Hovering

This is pretty funny. There are a set of tall round tables right behind an end of the ice sheets put there by the sponsors as part of a bar set-up. And I do mean right behind the sheets. If you're at one the back of the 12-foot is only 12 feet away from you. (And you're freezing)

Right now, Tracy Fleury's mother is sitting at the table right where the Fleury vs Carey match is, and sometimes she stands up and hovers the way that mothers hover, and of course, she's _right there_.

12-08-16 01:40PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

old times

why did I and why do I still find the Stoughton, Martin, Ferbey, Howards games much more entertaining to watch then these curlers?

12-08-16 01:55PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: old times

[QUOTE]

Last edited by guido on 12-08-16 at 04:59PM

12-08-16 04:36PM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: old times

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
why did I and why do I still find the Stoughton, Martin, Ferbey, Howards games much more entertaining to watch then these curlers?

It may also be that you never saw them as much, and they were always important ex Brier Games

12-08-16 05:02PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i miss them as well. i found those rivalries more interesting. but, then again we dont really have any great rivalries going on in the sport between teams on the mens side right now.

there still isnt that one match up that everyone looks forward to seeing like a stoughton v.s martin or martin v.s howard match

im sure that'll come

having said all that that doesnt mean i dont enjoy watching the games now. if i didnt i wouldnt be watching anymore.

Last edited by misty1 on 12-08-16 at 05:09PM

12-08-16 05:35PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Nice touch by Rachel

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Joanne Courtney took the draw for hammer shot...

Just bought SportsnetONE ( $7) to watch the Men's game tonight at 7ET..

why is that a nice touch by rachel every player on every team at some point has to throw the draw to the button. has nothing to do with rachel's choice

12-08-16 05:48PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs up Val Sweeting -3-0

Looking like her usual self again and curling great..90% in the Draw 8 win
Nik Edin - such a pleasure to watch.. bounced back from his first game loss with a 92% win against McEwen..
Carruthers is going to be all Nik can handle tonight

The Men's rivalry between Jacobs and Gushue continues at 7ET
Great to see the Battle of the Brads again..

12-08-16 06:43PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

old times

and how could I forget to mention Vic Peters and Kerry Burtnyk!

Still love watching, but would never miss a game before, now if I miss one, it is no big deal to me.

Last edited by CURLER1 on 12-08-16 at 06:46PM

12-08-16 07:09PM
NSCoach is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NSCoach Click here to Send NSCoach a Private Message Find more posts by NSCoach Add NSCoach to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NSCoach
Harvey Hacksmasher

I am counting on Brad to win this one tonight

12-08-16 07:55PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

that was a bad loss by epping to koe. john's last 2 rocks in 8 were painful bad.

12-08-16 09:16PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Muirhead

has had a great season however he slam season has been a disaster. 23 slams in and its possible she fails to qualify in all 3

she will not be happy

outside the slams though she's been great

12-08-16 09:38PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Nice to see the youngsters get a win.

12-08-16 09:55PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Talking Tanner Horgan

Unless Murdoch gets by Koe tomorrow Horgan will actually have
a better standing at 1-4 than the former 2-time world champ!

12-08-16 10:12PM
Observer
Swing Artist

Re: Muirhead

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
has had a great season however he slam season has been a disaster. 23 slams in and its possible she fails to qualify in all 3

she will not be happy

outside the slams though she's been great

She's looked grumpy every day here so far. And tonight, it looked to me that she got out-witted by Einerson more than out-played, where the steals she gave up were as a result of Einerson pulling off hit-and-roll-to-behind-cover shots from one wing to the other. I don't think I'm describing that quite right, but I know I didn't see those shots coming, and maybe Muirhead didn't either and thinks she should have? I don't know.

Tonight's matches were probably my last ones here. If there's a window in the snow tomorrow I'll be using it to head home, before a larger storm for there hits as expected on Saturday & Sunday.

12-09-16 02:16AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs up Gushue, Carruthers advance to playoffs

Brad Gushue, who missed eight events to start the season, has advanced with a 3-0 record
Reid Carruthers also qualified at 3-0 carrying the momentum from his Canada Cup victory Sunday where he clinched a spot in next year’s Olympic Trials.

12-09-16 02:19AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs up Homan and Sweeting Qualify

Rachel Homan has qualified for the 18th consecutive time at a Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling event.

Homan gets into playoffs with a 3-0 record thanks to a 10-2 rout over Allison Flaxey of Caledon during Draw 8 Thursday.

Sweeting has one more round-robin game to go against recent Canada Cup winner Jones on Friday