Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 21 of 21 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-08-13 09:57PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

It seems every Swedish team that wins a major event ends up being really great and winning alot of them. I think Edin will be too. I dont know if he will ever dominate per say, but he and his team will probably have a long career and win several more times at the World level before it is all said and done.

Jacobs did well for his first Worlds. I agree with those who said not securing a higher spot (well notably 1st which was right there for him) in the RR hurt him in the end. I think he and his team have a bright future though, although I do wonder how long they can put up with Fry, and he is he will part of the group long term or not.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-09-13 07:53AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by KittyHisses
It seems every Swedish team that wins a major event ends up being really great and winning alot of them. I think Edin will be too. I dont know if he will ever dominate per say, but he and his team will probably have a long career and win several more times at the World level before it is all said and done.

Jacobs did well for his first Worlds. I agree with those who said not securing a higher spot (well notably 1st which was right there for him) in the RR hurt him in the end. I think he and his team have a bright future though, although I do wonder how long they can put up with Fry, and he is he will part of the group long term or not.

Thats not really true. Kjell Oscarius for example won the world championship in 1973 and never won anything again

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

04-09-13 03:35PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

Thats not really true. Kjell Oscarius for example won the world championship in 1973 and never won anything again

Well if you have to go far back that, it kind of shows my point doesnt it.

04-09-13 04:02PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:

Ragnar Kamp in 1977 also.

04-09-13 04:03PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by KittyHisses

Well if you have to go far back that, it kind of shows my point doesnt it.

not really because you said that every swedish team that wins a major competition wins alot and goes to become great

Kjell, as said won the one worlds and never won anything again

then in 1977 Ragnar Kamp won the world championship but he never won another one

If you want more recent look at stina viktorsson who won the european championship but had done nothing before that

04-09-13 06:08PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Lindholm had a good run with three golds and two silvers in recent history. Edin now has a bronze and gold. Time will tell whether he exceeds Lindholm's record. David Murdoch, (much maligned of late on this board) is another world team of note to have similar success.

04-09-13 07:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Lindholm had a good run with three golds and two silvers in recent history. Edin now has a bronze and gold. Time will tell whether he exceeds Lindholm's record. David Murdoch, (much maligned of late on this board) is another world team of note to have similar success.

He might just be able to. Peja had so many great teams to contend with like schwaller, trulsen, kapp, middaugh..and thats just naming a few

there arent any real dominating teams like that left around to halt niklas. So if niklas can keep up his level i could see him winning 3 maybe even 4 world titles. It all depends really as well on how strong the young rink skipped by oskar eriksson can get. Peja had a virtual bye out of sweden for a long time but the eriksson rink might have something to say about niklas having that same luxury.

04-09-13 08:29PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

Ragnar Kamp

quote:

then in 1977 Ragnar Kamp won the world championship but he never won another one

Ragnar went 4-7 in the 1984 Brier and 7-4 in the 1989 Brier repesenting NS, and then he represented Maine in US championships in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004, not even winning a national championship in North America in 7 tries.

Last edited by murphyj87 on 04-09-13 at 08:34PM

04-10-13 07:53AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

How do you explain Nik losing 4 games during the round robin and only getting a soft playoff spot (7-4, 2nd place) cuz Canada tanked on final day?

I will say one thing in Nik's defense. Once he got the page spot, there was no stopping him. He pushed over both a world champion in Murdoch and the surging canadian comers.

He wasnt playing that well. He didnt have the feel for draw weight early on and he was employing a very different strategy then his usual one. When he went back to it he was successful

there are some other very good teams coming up like stjerne, michel and decruz but ..with the exception of maybe decruz i dont think any of them at their best are going to be as good as niklas.Niklas wont win all the time , obviously but I do think he'll be good enough to at least equal if not go one better than peja

04-10-13 01:48PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

How do you explain Nik losing 4 games during the round robin and only getting a soft playoff spot (7-4, 2nd place) cuz Canada tanked on final day?

The field was as equal as it has been for a long time- reflected by 7-4 getting 1-2 page.
How do you explain Brads late week collapse?

04-10-13 03:27PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

He wasnt playing that well. He didnt have the feel for draw weight early on and he was employing a very different strategy then his usual one. When he went back to it he was successful

there are some other very good teams coming up like stjerne, michel and decruz but ..with the exception of maybe decruz i dont think any of them at their best are going to be as good as niklas.Niklas wont win all the time , obviously but I do think he'll be good enough to at least equal if not go one better than peja

also throw in the canadian teams of course. However I think niklas is the best of the european teams coming up and so lets say he gets to about 10 more worlds in his career. I think he should be able to win at least 2 more.

04-10-13 08:22PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade

The field was as equal as it has been for a long time- reflected by 7-4 getting 1-2 page.

I don't think it was as "equal" as it appeared but opinions don't matter the top three teams won the medals regardless of how "equal" the others were.

Denmark was a highly defensive team, which would have required almost perfection over three games to win Gold. Not impossible but unlikely. Kind of like Jacobs before they got Ryan Fry.

US I predict will have new reps next few years not Clark.
Jacobs admits he has no idea when ( if ) they get another chance, Canada is just too tough to know.

04-10-13 08:43PM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

Jacobs and team are very young. If they play like they showed at the Brier in the coming years, I'll be very surprised if they're not back at the world's at some point. And they'll only get better the next few years (150 G's can only help)

04-10-13 10:36PM
thefish46 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thefish46 Click here to Send thefish46 a Private Message Find more posts by thefish46 Add thefish46 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thefish46
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

I think whats great is that when you look at the 4 teams who made the playoffs 3/4 of the skips were under 30 and 3 quarters of the scottish team was alsocomposed of youngsters.

the future of the sport shone brightly this past week

These young guys are the future of the game. Lets face it the Howards, Martins, Stoughtons are all getting a little long in the tooth. They may play a part in the next Olympics but the Koe's, Jacobs and other young teams are there at the top. The Game needs these young ones and hopefully it will encourage other young ones to go give it a try. I'm sure all the clubs in this country could use a boost.

04-10-13 11:01PM
thefish46 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thefish46 Click here to Send thefish46 a Private Message Find more posts by thefish46 Add thefish46 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thefish46
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by decade

I really don't think your being fair hear. All teams competing in the worlds were declared prior to Feb.16th the brier final was over March 10th I believe it's pretty hard to get up to win the Brier go home and not get much rest do to the celebration of the win that lasted a week, get back to practice for 10 days board a plane to Victoria and try and peek again. Other team at the worlds were declared early enough that they relaxed for a while after there wins and still come over and get in a couple of weekend cashspiels prior to the worlds. Give Team Canada credit they did us proud there day will come, maybe the CCA should move the Brier back a week or 2 it might give the team a chance to rewind.

04-10-13 11:56PM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

quote:
Few good teams in Ontario (should be more) if Howard hangs up the white belt. Epping, Rumsfeld, etc. I suspect Middaugh might return to skipping or Laing moves up. Who knows with that group of diabolical schemers.

Don't forget about Mark Kean. An up-and-coming young team with real promise. I see no reason why Glenn can't go on for the next 3-5 years plus. He's in good shape and should last at least as long as Russ did. I'd say longer considering the team in front of him. And I see no decline in his skills at this point. If he retires, I'd assume Middaugh would move to skip with the team bringing in a new third. Joe Frans perhaps? It would depend on the success of his team the next few seasons. It will be interesting.

04-11-13 08:15AM
Unregistered

quote:

Virtue and Moskowy should be auto-berths out of Runnerville (Sask.)

There you go again some curlers in there 20s make it to a Canadian championship and you assume they will be going back to the championship every year. Jim Cotter did not get to the brier this year like you said he was guaranteed too and you were willing to bet your life savings Erin Carmody and Gerri-Lynn Ramsay would be in the Scotties every year well they haven't since 2010

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.205.64

04-11-13 12:26PM
Unregistered

quote:

However, remember not long ago Pat Simmons had a virtual auto-berth out of Sask.

Except for 2009 when Joel Jordison repped Sask and in 2010 when Darrell McKee repped Sask

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.20.51.134

04-11-13 12:31PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

There you go again some curlers in there 20s make it to a Canadian championship and you assume they will be going back to the championship every year. Jim Cotter did not get to the brier this year like you said he was guaranteed too and you were willing to bet your life savings Erin Carmody and Gerri-Lynn Ramsay would be in the Scotties every year well they haven't since 2010

I dont often agree with him but i kind of will this time. Virtue's team right now has the potential to really dominate saskatchewan in a similar fashion to the way simmons used to. Whether not that actually happens remains to be seen.

04-11-13 01:01PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

I dont often agree with him but i kind of will this time. Virtue's team right now has the potential to really dominate saskatchewan in a similar fashion to the way simmons used to. Whether not that actually happens remains to be seen.

Im not as convinced as you are Misty..I get that 3 of the members are not yet 28 but they were the 8th seed or something like that going into the Saskatchewan provicials and there just seems to be a combustible quality about them

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.20.51.134

04-11-13 03:29PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Im not as convinced as you are Misty..I get that 3 of the members are not yet 28 but they were the 8th seed or something like that going into the Saskatchewan provicials and there just seems to be a combustible quality about them

Thats true but keep in mind that it was this team's first season together. When they finally did get going they were pretty impressive during playdowns and again at the brier they were pretty impressive, winning a respectable 5 games and they had a couple against Manitoba and New brunswick that they could have won.

True that there are some combustable personalities on the team..which is part of the reason(i think anyway)it took them so long to get going. If they can keep it together I really think the virtue rink is going to be amazing and will be the ones to end the Birer drought for Saskatchewan.There is just so much talent there

04-12-13 11:40AM
Unregistered

バーバリー 大きい&am

Visitors to Holland, Michigan m ρay explore the area's "Bigneed not Red" Lighthous▂e, Capp}on H≥ ouse Mu∧ seum, Nelis' Dさutch navigatorsVillage aformer nflnd -Veldheer Tulip Gawhy,reasons whyrdens, or play at the Lost City Laser Tag Arena, Craig's Cruisers and Crazy Bounce. Ho lland offers shopping and dining, as well as lak﹤es for swimming, fishing and water sports. When planning a tr ǐip ⒖to Holland, consi〓der renting a condo instead of a standard hotel room. Condos [url=http://www.onlinestoreburberryoutlet.com]{マフラー バーバリー|バーバリー マフラー|burberry 時計|burberry 腕時計|バーバリー レディース|バーバリー ネクタイ|ネクタイ バーバリー|バーバリー 時計|バーバリー 店舗|burberry バッグ|バーバリー ショップ|バーバリー アウトレット|ベビー服 バーバリー|バーバリー マフラー|財布 burberry|burberry 財布|バーバリー ベビー|バーバリー ハンカチ|ハンカチ バーバリー|バーバリー ダウン|burberry コート|メンズ 財布 バーバリー|バーバリー 財布 メンズ|財布 バーバリー メンズ|バーバリー メンズ 財布|財布 メンズ バーバリー|burberry ネクタイ|バーバリー 服|スーツ バーバリー|バーバリー スーツ|burberry トレンチ|ベルト バーバリー|バーバリー ベルト|burberry メンズ|ジャケット バーバリー|バーバリー ジャケット|burberry ハンカチ|バーバリー black label|バーバリー コート|バーバリ

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 192.74.229.180