Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Broom Sponsorship revenue?

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
09-09-15 09:20PM
shaqdaddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shaqdaddy Click here to Send shaqdaddy a Private Message Find more posts by shaqdaddy Add shaqdaddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shaqdaddy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Broom Sponsorship revenue?

Any insights as to whether this means free product and/or cash? With The Goo, Carey, Laycock, DeCruz, Tirinzoni all now with Hardline, wondering what financial impact to teams might be? McEwan/Carruthers sure were the right picks to lead off last season. My guess would be free product only. Thoughts?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

09-09-15 10:15PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Broom Sponsorship revenue?

quote:
Originally posted by shaqdaddy
Any insights as to whether this means free product and/or cash? With The Goo, Carey, Laycock, DeCruz, Tirinzoni all now with Hardline, wondering what financial impact to teams might be? McEwan/Carruthers sure were the right picks to lead off last season. My guess would be free product only. Thoughts?

09-10-15 08:53PM
snowmobile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snowmobile Click here to Send snowmobile a Private Message Find more posts by snowmobile Add snowmobile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snowmobile
Knee-Slider

One thing I find very interesting is how little the curlers mention their sponsors during interviews. If you watch NASCAR every second word is thanking sponsors. You would think the sponsors of these teams would like the curlers to mention them during interviews.

09-11-15 02:39PM
rbi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbi Click here to Send rbi a Private Message Find more posts by rbi Add rbi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbi
Hitting Paint

good point. and I bet if a team talked up their sponsors more then the sponsors might give more support to the team.

09-13-15 11:51PM
jcullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jcullen Click here to Send jcullen a Private Message Find more posts by jcullen Add jcullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcullen
Hitting Paint

It totally depends on the company, the team, and really, the amount of exposure that team offers in terms of what the deals are. Some deals are just free product, others involve cash as well, others still involve players getting involved with the companies(i.e. McEwen working as a sales rep for Hardline, Team Koe helping BalancePlus design the LiteSpeed brush, etc.). It all varies, and I doubt you'll get any players on here talking about specifics.

I also don't think curlers lack in the "thanking the sponsor department". Usually it's only the winning team granted a post-game interview(if one is granted at all), and it lasts about 10 seconds. Not exactly a ton of plug time, and besides, I'm sure the companies are pretty happy with the 2+-hour nearly-stationary billboard they just got on network television.

Last edited by jcullen on 09-13-15 at 11:58PM

09-14-15 01:27AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by jcullen
It totally depends on the company, the team, and really, the amount of exposure that team offers in terms of what the deals are. Some deals are just free product, others involve cash as well, others still involve players getting involved with the companies(i.e. McEwen working as a sales rep for Hardline, Team Koe helping BalancePlus design the LiteSpeed brush, etc.). It all varies, and I doubt you'll get any players on here talking about specifics.

I also don't think curlers lack in the "thanking the sponsor department". Usually it's only the winning team granted a post-game interview(if one is granted at all), and it lasts about 10 seconds. Not exactly a ton of plug time, and besides, I'm sure the companies are pretty happy with the 2+-hour nearly-stationary billboard they just got on network television.

Bingo.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

09-18-15 05:18AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by snowmobile
One thing I find very interesting is how little the curlers mention their sponsors during interviews. If you watch NASCAR every second word is thanking sponsors. You would think the sponsors of these teams would like the curlers to mention them during interviews.

I certainly hope that curling never reaches the 'sell-out' level of auto racing advertizing.
We (thankfully) don't hear hockey players saying "I couldn't have scored those two goals tonight without my Sher-Wood"... or baseball players thanking their Louisville Slugger after a two home run game.

It's bad enough that curlers' jackets and shirts today are billboards for various companies (many of which have no relation to curling, but are there simply because someone on the team works for that company). There's no reason to wish for auto racing style over-the-top, shameless verbal marketing in curling.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

09-18-15 12:01PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

I certainly hope that curling never reaches the 'sell-out' level of auto racing advertizing.
We (thankfully) don't hear hockey players saying "I couldn't have scored those two goals tonight without my Sher-Wood"... or baseball players thanking their Louisville Slugger after a two home run game.

It's bad enough that curlers' jackets and shirts today are billboards for various companies (many of which have no relation to curling, but are there simply because someone on the team works for that company). There's no reason to wish for auto racing style over-the-top, shameless verbal marketing in curling.

I agree, I hope it never does reach that level.

To be fair though, those companies do sponsor the team, contributing financially towards travel/lodging expenses, entrance fees, etc. It's not like they slap the logo on for the hell of it.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com