Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-13-16 08:44PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

2016 Mixed world Chamionship

The 2nd ever edition of the mixed world championship is starting.

i dont recognize a lot of the names here. some i do like mick lizmore and andy kapp but a lot of them are totally new so its hard to pick a winner but i'll try

Group A
norway, italy, scotland and japan are the countries that jump out at me but, again i dont recognize most of these names. mayumi ohkutsu is the only one that catches my eye as far as having seen her before. i am taking norway, scotland and japan to advance

Group B
sweden and hungary are the 2 teams that stand out for me here and i think will advance first and second. i will take finland for third but maybe ireland or england could surprise.

Group C
a few more familiar names in this group makes it a bit easier to pick who to advance. i dont recognize russia but they are strong in really every discipline apart from mens so you cant underestimate them.gonna take czech republic in first with denmark and russia behind them.

Group D
Canada looks to be the head and shoulders favorite to get out of the group . i dont recognize the american team or really any of the other teams. but i will take canada for the first place and south korea and austria in 2nd and 3rd.

Group E
Germany should be the favorite here. switzerland, turkey, and estonia should also contend to get out of the group

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-15-16 09:22AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Canada dominated US... on opening day

quote:
Hosts Russia got their campaign underway with a convincing win over Spain.

The Russian team, lead by skip Aleksandr Krushelnitckii, scored five points in the sixth end en route to an impressive 8-2 opening win.

Canada dominated the United States 9-2.

Five points in the second end were enough for the Canadians to take an unassailable lead which the Americans could not recover from.

"We were really solid," said Canada's Michael Lizmore.

"We had a couple of itchy moments in the first end, but after that we settled in and caught some breaks in the second end there to catch a five and once we put the five on the board we were a little more comfortable."
----------------
Estonia defeated Croatia 7-3
Latvia narrowly defeated Austria 4-3

Defending champions Norway are due to begin their bid to retain their title tomorrow when they take on Romania at 4pm local time.

Last year's runners up Sweden, meanwhile, are scheduled to play Ireland in the morning session

Last edited by HotRocks on 10-15-16 at 09:41AM

10-15-16 09:47AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Canada dominated US... on opening day

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks

no real surprise on that one. i think canada really should go unbeaten in this group. south korea might be their biggest challenge

i guess i cant be surprised interest isnt high in this event. the commentator they have on the youtube feed doesnt even sound interested, actually she sounds like she's fighting to stay awake

10-16-16 12:33PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs up Canada wins again

In Group D, Canada built on their 9-2 triumph over United States by beating France by the same scoreline.

quote:
Defending champions Norway began their World Curling Federation (WCF) World Mixed Curling Championships campaign with a victory over Romania at the Kazan Sports Palace today.

Norway made the most of their reprieve to score three points and secure a 7-4 triumph and begin the tournament on a high.

Japan , the only Group A team to have played two matches, top the standings after edging out Belarus 6-5 to preserve their 100 per cent start.

The only other nation to boast a win in the group are Scotland, who thrashed Italy 8-3.

Hosts Russia secured their second victory with a narrow 7-5 success against the Czech Republic, with the result seeing them draw level with Poland in Group C, as their rivals overcame Kazakhstan 10-0.

Australia got off the mark by beating Spain 7-2, leaving their opponents winless from their first two fixtures.

Latvia are keeping pace with the North Americans, as they thrashed Andorra 11-1 for their second victory.

The US suffered successive defeats as they fell to an agonising 6-5 loss to South Korea to remain bottom of the standings, while Austria bounced back from their opening day defeat to beat Belgium 8-5.

Group E appears to be shaping up to be one of the tighter competitions as Germany, Switzerland, Turkey, Croatia and Estonia all have a win to their credit, although the latter two also have a defeat to their names.

Croatia ’s first ever victory at the tournament came against Slovenia where they prevailed 2-1, while Germany moved to the top of the early standings with a 7-3 win over Wales.

Switzerland beat TheNetherlands 9-4, before Turkey overcame Estonia 10-5.

A narrow 7-6 win over Finland saw Hungary emerge as the early leaders in Group B, with Sweden also making a strong start by beating Ireland 9-2.

England failed to back up their 12-1 win over Brazil in the morning, as Slovakia beat them 8-3 in the afternoon session.

Last edited by HotRocks on 10-16-16 at 12:44PM

10-16-16 03:26PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

canada 3-0 as expected. still think south korea will be the only real challenge for them so far. it'd be good for them to have that challenge too, im not sure it does them any favors to blow through the group. they wont be prepared for the tougher games to come once the playoffs start

10-19-16 12:47PM
Itsjustagame is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Itsjustagame Find more posts by Itsjustagame Add Itsjustagame to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Itsjustagame
Hitting Paint

This is the WORLD Mixed Double. Canada 6-0.

I can feel the excitement, the thrill and the passion. 2 bloggers, 5 posts, in almost a week.

Honestly, who cares about mixed doubles?

10-19-16 01:39PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Itsjustagame
This is the WORLD Mixed Double. Canada 6-0.

I can feel the excitement, the thrill and the passion. 2 bloggers, 5 posts, in almost a week.

Honestly, who cares about mixed doubles?

No, it is the World Mixed Championships. Four person teams, two men, two women.

10-19-16 02:54PM
Itsjustagame is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Itsjustagame Find more posts by Itsjustagame Add Itsjustagame to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Itsjustagame
Hitting Paint

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by TJNCJ

No, it is the World Mixed Championships. Four person teams, two men, two women.

Sorry, my mistake.

I guess that means nobody cares about regular mixed .

I don't think it would have been any different with mixed doubles but that remains to be seen.

10-19-16 03:40PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Itsjustagame

Sorry, my mistake.

I guess that means nobody cares about regular mixed .

I don't think it would have been any different with mixed doubles but that remains to be seen.

The difference is I would watch Mixed curling.

10-20-16 11:36AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

playoffs next

Having won their first five matches the Canadian team were effectively assured of advancing from Group D, but they ensured their spot in the next round by defeating South Korea 5-3.

http://www.worldcurling.org/wmxcc2016

10-20-16 11:55AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

After a bad start (giving a 5 ender to Canada and losing to Korea 5-6) the USA team has won 5 in a row to qualify for the playoffs after defeating Latvia in an extra end.

Nice job by Fred Maxie and the USA team!

10-20-16 12:29PM
hackfreeze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hackfreeze Find more posts by hackfreeze Add hackfreeze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hackfreeze
Harvey Hacksmasher

Awesome listening to the Russian announcers speaking English...and after the AUT sweepers leave a draw short for a steal for Canada, he says "I don't like that sweepers smiling. In football, you make mistake and smiling, you off team!" Fun watching

10-20-16 01:16PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by hackfreeze
Awesome listening to the Russian announcers speaking English...and after the AUT sweepers leave a draw short for a steal for Canada, he says "I don't like that sweepers smiling. In football, you make mistake and smiling, you off team!" Fun watching

Agreed! I occasionally felt like I was in the middle of a bad SNL skit!

10-20-16 02:40PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

groups went pretty much as i thought with a few exceptions. biggest surprises are the U.S getting through and czech republic needing to play a tiebreaker

10-20-16 05:18PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

round of 16 predictions:

sweden def. new zealand - sweden have looked really good here. new zealand is a bit of a surprise but think sweden will have to much

hungary def. japan - could be a close one and it is tought o call but i think hungary takes it

scotland def. united states - united states did well to get here, i didnt think they would but pretty sure there tournament ends here.

canada def. czech republic - this is a dangerous round for canada. they are better than anyone canada has played so far. little surprised the czechs had to play a tiebreaker to get here and they can win if canada isnt careful but i think canada edges this.

russia def. italy -this should be fairly straight forward for russia

switzerland def. finland - switzerland loaded with some really talented young curlers . finland were up and down this week. think switzerland will win but expect a close one

south korea def. poland - poland is another surprise but think south korea have looked really good here and should win this.

germany def. turkey - this is a really weird match, they literally just played each other. turkey lead early against germany and it was a late game come back that got the germans the round robin win. while i dont think this will be easy i also wouldnt count on the germans being as poor as they were in the round robin game again. germany to take this one

10-20-16 07:01PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

You claim you havent heard of Fred Maxie and then say your surprised they made the playoffs?

Check your Brier history and I'll give you a hint, start with Skips with the first name "Ed".

They may end their tournament here, but most Americans are not surprised they are here.

10-20-16 09:15PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by TJNCJ
You claim you havent heard of Fred Maxie and then say your surprised they made the playoffs?

Check your Brier history and I'll give you a hint, start with Skips with the first name "Ed".

They may end their tournament here, but most Americans are not surprised they are here.

well, not having heard of him before how would i not be surprised by the result.

10-21-16 08:55AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

got all but one result right..although i wasnt expecting so many blow outs. with the quarterfinal matches what they are i doubt we'll be seeing as many here

sweden def. japan - japan the one team i didnt think would get out of the round of 16. they are a strong team though and should test sweden but the swedes will come through.

canada def. scotland - this should be a good one. think canada will come through though and set up a really juicy semi final with sweden.

switzerland def. russia - a really tough one to call ,it could go either way, both have looked really good and this could easily be a final given how both teams have played. i give the slight edge to switzerland but wouldnt be surprised if russia won

germany def. south korea - germany have looked really good here too. i expect this to be close though because south korea have also looked strong. think this'll come down to last rock and germany will take it

10-21-16 04:41PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well..that did not go well for me, only got 1 right.

thinking sweden v.s russia final now

10-22-16 09:31AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Congrats to russia for winning the mixed world championship this year.

Congrats also to sweden on the silver and scotland on the bronze