Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > A little sick and tired of Sportnet

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-17-16 11:26AM
lolar3288 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lolar3288 Click here to Send lolar3288 a Private Message Find more posts by lolar3288 Add lolar3288 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lolar3288
Drawmaster

A little sick and tired of Sportnet

I get Sportnet...well sometimes! Some of the games are on the Sportnet channels I get through cogeco but every now and then the channel is blanked so I miss games or finals.

Then they have the nerve to charge for streaming! My computer, my internet data at my cost per GIG to watch their commercials, no way.

I think I will just cancel the whole cable Sportnet as it is more of a pain than a use!

Thank goodness TSN carries some curling!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-17-16 01:11PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Sorry to hear that lolar. I get all the channels through cogeco but then..........I pay and its worth it.

04-17-16 02:46PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

Does your package include Sportsnet 360? That’s where you’ll find the curling when the Regular Sportsnet has baseball.

04-17-16 03:07PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbobogie
Does your package include Sportsnet 360? That’s where you’ll find the curling when the Regular Sportsnet has baseball.

If you're directing that question to me, yes, I get all S/N channels. Watching the Jones/Muirhead game right now. Rooting for Muirhead to win.

04-17-16 05:30PM
lolar3288 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lolar3288 Click here to Send lolar3288 a Private Message Find more posts by lolar3288 Add lolar3288 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lolar3288
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

If you're directing that question to me, yes, I get all S/N channels. Watching the Jones/Muirhead game right now. Rooting for Muirhead to win.

Sure we might as well see the money go to some other country than support Canadian curling....especially when that country pays there curlers to play in Canada and we are dumb enough to let them....good move!

04-17-16 05:32PM
lolar3288
Drawmaster

quote:

Sometimes I get it and sometimes not. I'm dumping the whole sportnet package Monday. If I can't get curling I could care less about the rest.

04-17-16 06:26PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Sportsnet is great for all the coverage, we never used to have. Kevin Martin makes the games so interesting.

04-17-16 10:51PM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Sportsnet

I pay for the full sportsnet/TSN package, but get tired of them not playing the whole event, not just portions of it. There were early morning events that were not covered. The first 2 days were not covered and when it is, we never get to see our choice. They could have the women's on one channel and men's on another like TSN does or Bell does on streaming. Then want to charge for live streaming on top of what I am already paying? Good luck. I am sick of watching soccer day in and day out. If hockey is on CBC pretty well everyone gets it as a basic package, they don't need it on 6 or more channels on Sportsnet. Baseball season is here and there are enough games to put on that they don't need soccer that sounds like the crowd all have asthma in their canned cheering.

Can someone please tell me what the event is and the dates of it that Gushue qualified for to get an invite today that comes next week? I think it is from Alberta. I want to make sure I put it on my calendar. I can't remember the name of it. Thanks

04-17-16 11:24PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

This will make you laugh or perhaps put a smile on your face. After bragging about getting all the S/N channels and being happy about it, guess what...... we had a power failure tonight and I missed the last shot of the Gushue, Jacobs final. I know that Team Gushue won and I'm happy for them. Didn't get power back until 8:00 pm just in time for Madam Secretary. Thanks Sportsnet for the great coverage. Would like to have seen the morning games but was happy for the coverage provided.

04-17-16 11:34PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Sportsnet

quote:
Originally posted by Lovemycurling
I pay for the full sportsnet/TSN package, but get tired of them not playing the whole event, not just portions of it. There were early morning events that were not covered. The first 2 days were not covered and when it is, we never get to see our choice. They could have the women's on one channel and men's on another like TSN does or Bell does on streaming. Then want to charge for live streaming on top of what I am already paying? Good luck. I am sick of watching soccer day in and day out. If hockey is on CBC pretty well everyone gets it as a basic package, they don't need it on 6 or more channels on Sportsnet. Baseball season is here and there are enough games to put on that they don't need soccer that sounds like the crowd all have asthma in their canned cheering.

Can someone please tell me what the event is and the dates of it that Gushue qualified for to get an invite today that comes next week? I think it is from Alberta. I want to make sure I put it on my calendar. I can't remember the name of it. Thanks

Just copied this link from another thread. I think this might be what you are enquiring about.
http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...s-championship/

04-18-16 10:51AM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Re: Re: Sportsnet

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Just copied this link from another thread. I think this might be what you are enquiring about.
http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...s-championship/

Yes, thank you. That is it. I saw it once when they were mentioning it but got a phone call and couldn't write it down.

04-19-16 04:58PM
lolar3288
Drawmaster

quote:

I really can't figure Sportsnet 360. Sometimes I get it and other times I don't. It seems like it is only scrambled part of the time.

Very annoying because you never know what to expect. I just don't think sportsnet is worth the cost when you never know if you are going to get it.

04-19-16 05:08PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by lolar3288

I really can't figure Sportsnet 360. Sometimes I get it and other times I don't. It seems like it is only scrambled part of the time.

Very annoying because you never know what to expect. I just don't think sportsnet is worth the cost when you never know if you are going to get it.

I think you should contact cogeco if you are having that sort of problem. I'd be upset myself if I couldn't depend on their service. They're pretty good I think in terms of answering questions. Give them a go.