Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Next Olympic Cycle Team Changes

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-15-18 02:45PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Curling doesn't work like this. You don't you just bring in 3 or 4 skips and assume you will have a great team. You need their positions to be based on their attributed skill-sets.

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I hope the "Alberta player" isn't the moddy & unpredictable Chels Carey!

Especially Einarson playing 3rd.

Wouldn't mind Einarson skipping, Rocque coming in to play 3rd

Other great lineup would be

Joss Peterman = skip
Einarson - 3rd
Rocque - 2nd
McCuish - lead

But that's 2 Albertans!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-15-18 03:11PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Team Joanisse (BC) is going their separate ways.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

02-16-18 01:26PM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

New Team Einarson

Kerri Skip
Val Sweeting 3rd
Shannon Birchard 2nd
Briane Meilleur Lead

02-16-18 02:04PM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

this might work, Crocker 3rd, Petterman 4th, Strong skips and plays 2nd, great chance to rep NL and two of the top mixed teams in Canada

02-16-18 02:13PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Donr
New Team Einarson

Kerri Skip
Val Sweeting 3rd
Shannon Birchard 2nd
Briane Meilleur Lead

Is this fact or just speculation. If fact, there's way too many skips in the kitchen. (4)

02-16-18 02:19PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Confirmed apparently.

Lots of talent there. Will be interesting to see how the dynamic works

http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...chard-meilleur/

02-16-18 03:35PM
shakeirish is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shakeirish Find more posts by shakeirish Add shakeirish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shakeirish
Knee-Slider

Team Einarson

Based on pure talent this team will be a force.
Dont know if 4 former skips can pull it together but excited to see how they do

02-16-18 04:07PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Thumbs up

New Team Einarson - I like when the young curlers move to the front end even if they have had success as skips. Yes some can jump right into skipping right out of juniors but for most playing front end is better to start with. I also think this will be nice recharge for Sweeting. This could be my favorite new team!

02-16-18 04:40PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
New Team Einarson

Kerri Skip
Val Sweeting 3rd
Shannon Birchard 2nd
Briane Meilleur Lead

holy crap. that is one insanely talented team. however this could either work incredibly well and they could become the new dominant force in women's curling.

or this could go terribly wrong. chemistry has to be right. let's also not forget that this is a team of 4 skips joining together to form one super team. outside of meilleur and birchard i don't think any of them ave thrown any position other than skip and shannon only threw third for a week.

will be interesting to watch that's for sure

02-16-18 04:48PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

QUOTE: Team Einarson is excited to announce a new line up for the 2018-19 curling season!
Skip: Kerri Einarson
Third: Val Sweeting
Second: Shannon Birchard
Lead: Briane Meilleur

But they have a Lefty!! Can be a secret weapon. Heh heh.

So... MB based team, I guess - despite Val. Wish them luck.

Last edited by nelski on 02-16-18 at 05:20PM

02-16-18 06:38PM
Petey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Petey Find more posts by Petey Add Petey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Petey
Knee-Slider

So who do people think will skip Einarson's old team???

02-16-18 06:56PM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Petey
So who do people think will skip Einarson's old team???

Kate Cameron

02-16-18 07:17PM
Buzzzardd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buzzzardd Click here to Send Buzzzardd a Private Message Find more posts by Buzzzardd Add Buzzzardd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buzzzardd
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Kate Cameron

That's who I was thinking as well.

02-16-18 07:55PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

HHAHHAHA Laura Crocker? You are constantly slagging her off on here. You just probably rattled off the first 20 names you could think of.

btw - my list of beloved Canadian curlers fwiw:

1. Lawes
2. Officer
3. Val
4. Shannon Kleibrink
5. Jones
6. Cathy O
7. Einarson
8. Courtney
9. Dawn McEwen
10. Sherri Singler
11. Maryanne Arsenault
12. Kerry Galusha
13. Selena K.
14. Joss Peterman
15. Laura Crocker
16. Shannon Birchard
17. Sherry Anderson
18. Amber Holland
19. Leslie Wilson
20. Kate Cameron [/B][/QUOTE]

02-16-18 08:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i don't remember if it was said what ferguson and brown are doing. IF they are still active someone would be stupid not to pick them up. at least one of them.

2 of the hottest free agents in the country if they're still curling.

02-16-18 10:29PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Team Kleibrink is splitting up.

02-16-18 10:34PM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

I have a suspicion that Tracy Fleury will take over skipping Einarson's team.

02-16-18 11:39PM
tyren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tyren Click here to Send tyren a Private Message Find more posts by tyren Add tyren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tyren
Harvey Hacksmasher

boy oh boy its only February and this is WILD

This "team skip" will obviously be very talented and contend at all major events

Tracey Fluery taking over former Team Einarson is the one i actually saw coming. Tracey's team could not keep up with the rest of the country, but now her team can. This team will also be very good.

This leads me to believe that Team Jones has to be playing together for at least another year. Especially with Birchard snatched up there's not really another viable option to replace Kaitlyn if she wanted to jump ship to make a realistic run at 2022. She may be hung out to dry.

The front three of Englot are rumoured to be staying together with another out of province skip. Perhaps another Sasky (Lawton???). If anyone has any idea on who it could be PLZ SPILL IT Winning Manitoba will be harder than winning the lottery.

ALSO WHAT ABOUT THE ALBERTA TEAMS??? Dana and Rachel are now freed up, along with Sarah Wilkes, and who knows what Chelsea wants to do.

Cannot wait to see what happens

02-17-18 12:16AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Does anyone else see Homan and Courtney now just staying in Alberta and picking up Rocque and Crocker?

02-17-18 07:37AM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Fleury taking over Einarson confirmed.

http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...-manitoba-team/

My eariler post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, as I had heard rumors but had seen nothing confirmed, until I received the following Facebook notification:

A page you like "Team Einarson" has changed it's name to "Team Tracy Fleury"

Kinda let the cat out of the bag, ha ha. An hour or two later the article was published.

02-17-18 09:15AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D
My eariler post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, as I had heard rumors but had seen nothing confirmed, until I received the following Facebook notification:
A page you like "Team Einarson" has changed it's name to "Team Tracy Fleury"Kinda let the cat out of the bag, ha ha. An hour or two later the article was published.

HaHa. Got me! I'd just "liked" the "TeamKEinarson" page and thought they'd been HACKED. But #yeah.. they were just renaming the original page. Whew. The only downside I can see is travel. Thunderbay is horrible for flights to Winnipeg and Sudbury is WORSE! It will be interesting to see (Geographically) what their schedule looks like. Road Warrior Fleury. I expect to see Slams and .. what else? Challenge for MB Scotties, like Englot of the Shield. endnote: Just checked the page and it looks like the hashtag #fleuryHard! follows them. That will be fun.

Last edited by nelski on 02-17-18 at 10:06AM

02-17-18 01:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Indeed - Giggling Dana and Curious Brown are tremendous on-ice performers who've curled at the highest levels of womens curling for years - other than worlds & Olympics.

Dana used to skip but I don't think she's all that nuanced. Both are great teammates (minus the incessant giggling) so someone like Carey might make a play on either or both of them - especially if Joss Peterman goes on her own.
Now that I think of it - a natural combination is Carey (skip), Peterman (3rd), Ferguson & Brown (front).

i got to admit i've wondered if peterman might at some point soon return to skipping. she was a top junior skip. ferguson and brown with peterman could be a really strong combination. maybe pick up sarah wilkes at third

02-17-18 03:08PM
gameon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gameon Click here to Send gameon a Private Message Find more posts by gameon Add gameon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameon
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i got to admit i've wondered if peterman might at some point soon return to skipping. she was a top junior skip. ferguson and brown with peterman could be a really strong combination. maybe pick up sarah wilkes at third

Try Peterman in MB as 5th, as someone on top team is semi-retiring... Dana and Rachel go with Chelsea and Wilkes.

02-17-18 04:24PM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

Dana Ferguson and Rachelle Brown have a joint Instagram account (pooksandfergie, quite funny) where they are always posting videos of their hijinks. In a lot of them Laura Crocker and Sarah Wilkes tend to be with them so a new team of those four might be a possibility.

02-18-18 11:03AM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

I'm tracking all the team trades and changes in one handy (but confusing) chart:

https://games.curlinggeek.com/team/

Will add the men once the Brier completes.