W: New Holland Canadian Junior Womens Championship
: USA Mixed Doubles Championship
W: Glynhill Ladies International
M: German Masters
M: TBayTel Major League of Curling
M: Challenge Assurances Jean Gamache
W: Kisakallio Open
Eastern European Time (EET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Mixed Doubles TV Schedule Jan 2-7 - Portage - Full Event Gang - Televised

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-04-18 01:56PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
is it top 4 from each pool or most wins - possibly 5 from A and 3 from B

Top two teams from each pool and then the next best four teams regardless of pool.

Only 7 teams left with 2 or less losses, so 5-3 is guaranteed at least a tiebreaker.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-04-18 02:13PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
is it top 4 from each pool or most wins - possibly 5 from A and 3 from B

I believe it is top 2 each pool then 4 next best regardless

01-04-18 03:24PM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

is anyone getting the draw 15 stream

01-04-18 03:50PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

yea - make sure u r on 2;45 draw time - i have bolt hd internet btw - one old ipad got bounced twice - might be getting more viewers

mcewen has made a bad shot to give up 3 and then dawn called iffy shot to give up 2

then got lucky on a fluke

Last edited by fresca on 01-04-18 at 04:02PM

01-04-18 05:43PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

Mixed Doubles

I could be wrong but I think I just witnessed Dawn McEwen throw a game against her skip. That was the worst throw that I have every seen Dawn execute. Of course I'm kidding but it just didn't look right. She and her husband were doing so well and unfortunately, as often happens with Mike, the wheels fell off. Too bad I would have liked to see them in the finals.

Last edited by albetts on 01-04-18 at 05:46PM

01-04-18 06:04PM
Curlwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlwalker Click here to Send Curlwalker a Private Message Find more posts by Curlwalker Add Curlwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlwalker
Harvey Hacksmasher

Scotties

I assume whoever wins this cannot play in the Scotties as it is at the same time (I think). Can they play with their teams in the provincials to help them qualify and then drop out?

01-04-18 07:13PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Another comeback

Walker Crocker beat Sweeting and gushue after being 6 down

Classy brad kicks off Val's last rock while its still moving

was maybe a foot heavy - should be a $1000 fine for bad sportsman ship ... in the same league with koe ' s silly demonstration when they won roars - juniors act better

too be fair it wasnt kevins fault , seemed to have got hugged into it

01-04-18 08:58PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

my computer blocked

looking for corn broom

entry as malicious site - malwarebtes

avoid

01-05-18 10:27AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

matt the anouncer is very good

not to much chatter and a pleasant voice ...

bospiel thaw coming to portage

going from -35 to 0 saturday

01-05-18 12:09PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

lol

just checked championship

quadruple triple double knockout

winner will have played 10 MORE games by sun

expect some of the teams to drop out shortly and sue the rocket scientists that created this travesty

walker and gallant teams have won 16 games to eliminate 10 teams

shud be best 2 0f 3
0r sudden death ...

a week in PLAP at -35

doesnt get any better than that !

Last edited by fresca on 01-05-18 at 12:42PM

01-05-18 03:56PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

What a wacky playoff! Even the worlds isn't this bad. At that one, if you lose in the final 8 your out! Who thought this up?

01-05-18 05:30PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
What a wacky playoff! Even the worlds isn't this bad. At that one, if you lose in the final 8 your out! Who thought this up?

An 8-0 team in the round robin has no advantage over a 5-3 team, other than the hammer in the first end. Ridiculous.

The first place teams in each pool should have directly gone to the page playoff with the other 6 teams battling to join them.

01-05-18 06:11PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

Way too many teams to begin with. 12 teams, 2 pools. Top 2 teams advance to the page. Pretty simple. less draws per day.

01-05-18 09:24PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

streaming must be popular - tons of commercials today

too good to be true

01-05-18 09:39PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

it would appear that Jocelyn is nervous and Gallant has been asking her opinion to boost her confidence -- not working late in this game

01-05-18 10:33PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

next year its an 18 team round robin

walker crocker win 17 in a row

then get bounced in 4 hours

about 24 more hours its going to be hard to cheer for a team...

i have a great memory and cannot seem to forgive extended periods of bad behavior - if ya know what i mean jellybean...

01-05-18 10:59PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Great Win for the Manitoba Mighty Mite

Last rock facing 3 and a side corner in her way - just perfect weight for Mighty Mite.
Now, she's on the verge of returning to the Olympics - thwarting the poor play of her long-time skip JJ. Heck, she might end up playing JJ in the event finale (doubt it)
Goo & Valberta now playing like monsters - basic shots are wonderful in the over-wrought round-robin but now they're going into nuance mode.
Everyone loves Kaitlyn - Johnny Mo a bit of a heel though!
Still 3 members of the Jennifer Jones brigade in the mix, only Dawn McEwen has copped out in a bad fit w/ hubby Mike.

01-05-18 11:47PM
CurlingZoneStats is online now Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingZoneStats Click here to Send CurlingZoneStats a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingZoneStats Add CurlingZoneStats to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingZoneStats
Administrator

While Morris made some very good shots, some of his shot calling was rediculous, which is why they likely won't survive. He just can't help himself from wanting to make high risk shots with little payback. Plus , as a team player and a top curler he was a total a$$ tonight. Don't know why anybody would want to partner with him.

01-06-18 06:20AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

john has a long history of these shots whenever he tries skipping .. 10 years now - at worst that last 6 months with martin when he seemed depressed

a unique personality, similar to gushue , hebert, mcewen , edin, trump, evander kane, jamcan

at the other end of the scale from gallant, walker, cotter, ulsrud , howard, kennedy, bam bam, trudeau, crosbie, fresca

tv seems to magnify the eccentricities

lol ha ha

01-06-18 06:59AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingZoneStats
While Morris made some very good shots, some of his shot calling was rediculous, which is why they likely won't survive. He just can't help himself from wanting to make high risk shots with little payback. Plus , as a team player and a top curler he was a total a$$ tonight. Don't know why anybody would want to partner with him.

It takes all the patience I have to watch this man curl. He seems to want to change his partners minds with every shot. I don't doubt that he knows a lot but I get fed up with his constant chatter. He's like trump, if he says it twice it'll work.

01-06-18 09:42AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Johnny Mope's efforts to blow Kaitlyn's mind were mostly unsuccessful last nite. For one, they won the game vs. a superior opponent but that's not important - Kaitlyn survived because of all the training and balancing she's had to endure during his tenure with Jennifer Jones. If Lawes had played with a meek/timid like Val Sweeting or Shannon Kleibrink or even Kris McCarville she wouldn't possess all that mental toughness that's allowed her to survive a week of Johnny Mope.

If Val & Gushue are still in relatively good physical shape I can't see them falling at the hands of Officer, JJ or even Kaitlyn w/ Johnny.

Morris blowing that clearing shot in the final end was priceless. He should never play that much weight without a stick to shoot at - Kaitlyn was virtually useless trying to brush a rocket

01-06-18 09:49AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Begs a Question ???

Lots of folks who don't have STOH spots or even Brier spots still alive in the MD.

For instance, Jill Officer, Joss Peterman, Mark Nichols, Gushue, Gallant, JJ, Kaitlyn, Val Sweeting, etc.

If any one of them (or two btw) get the MD Olympic spot - what happens to their challenge for provincial titles?

For instance - if Jennifer somehow manages to fluke thru with Mark, will she still play the Manitoba Scotties next week - or will she go into Olympic mode? Does that mean Kaitlyn will skip the squad? Perhaps bringing in Jennifer Clarke-Rouire at 3rd. That would create more drama in Killarney because it elevates Kaitlyn to a bigger provincial stage. I have no doubt she's ready - but I don't know if Clarke-Rouire could provide adequate services at 3rd.

Similarly what happens if Val or Chelsea Carey get thru? Do they adjust their squads for the Alberta Scotties?

01-06-18 10:17AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

oh ml

anyone that gets the precious olympic nod will swim there

if nuked they will play in 2000 degrees on pavement

i guess walker crocker ran out of time against carruthers last night - carruther up one and one on pot and crocker ran out of time as mcewans did early in week

win 8 in a row and lose 2 the VERY hard way

and dan carey fell and broke his wrist - curling is getting violent

Last edited by fresca on 01-06-18 at 10:50AM

01-06-18 11:01AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

was thinking colins pic was bad call

should have come down to it to lay shot

jennifer had easy shot instead

not unhappy but new young blood would be nice

01-06-18 11:30AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Didn't think Jilly could stand up to Joss Peterman - and I was proven correct.
Even though Joss looks like she's fighting thru some mild anxiety issues - she's a far better nuance player than Officer.

Jill can toss runners, clear guards and make the odd draw to the 12 foot. She's more physically imposing than Joss and can brush thru to the cement for her skip.

Joss will have a far more difficult time confronting a nuanced player like Valberta Sweeting or Katie Cruel (Lawes)