Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-12-15 04:56PM
robh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robh Click here to Send robh a Private Message Find more posts by robh Add robh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robh
Harvey Hacksmasher

2015 Ontario Scotties

The 2015 Ontario Scotties Tournament of Hearts
"Brought to you by Tourism Simcoe County"
will be held at the Penetanguishene Curling Club
(Team Howard Community Centre)
from January 19th to 25th.
All details are at http://www.2015ontarioscotties.com
Twitter @2015OntScotties

robh has attached this image:

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-12-15 08:00PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

sherry is indeed the favorite but she will once again have stiff competition from flaxey, hastings and auld

if i had to guess i'd predict a middaugh/flaxey final

01-12-15 10:27PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Middaugh's normal game should be enough to get by Flaxey. Sherry's 3rd seems much improved this year. Flaxey was kinda over-whelmed in her initial Scotties attempt. If nothing else Sherry knows how to win Ontario. One of Hastings or Auld should also be around at the end.

Did McCarville get thru?

Auld did not make it out of regions...so no threat there, Krista McCarville will be representing Northern Ontario which has its own entry this year.

01-12-15 11:01PM
JMK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMK Click here to Send JMK a Private Message Find more posts by JMK Add JMK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMK
Knee-Slider

Krista McCarville did not wiin N.O. The play downs do not start until Jan 14 and I don't believe she is paying competitively this year. Kendra Lilly is skipping the team.
Jen Hanna is only playing local spiels. She has always played with her sister and Steph just had another baby

01-12-15 11:07PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Only 5 teams at the NO women's provincials including Horgan...

01-13-15 10:00PM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

Horgan has had a great season so far, I'd be surprised if they don't make it through provincials. I've seen them practice at my local club all season and they look pumped and ready. Their curling has been fantastic too. Biggest threat will be the Lilly rink.

01-14-15 03:58PM
scorer79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scorer79 Click here to Send scorer79 a Private Message Find more posts by scorer79 Add scorer79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scorer79
Harvey Hacksmasher

Wow, not much love for Team Hastings who has arguably been the most consistent of the three.

01-14-15 05:23PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by scorer79
Wow, not much love for Team Hastings who has arguably been the most consistent of the three.

what are you talking about, i already said i expect her to be there at the end.

final 4 should be hastings, flaxey, middaugh and a 4th team i cant really pick out in some configuration.

01-14-15 05:23PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by scorer79

what are you talking about, i already said i expect her to be there at the end.

final 4 should be hastings, flaxey, middaugh and a 4th team i cant really pick out in some configuration.

01-15-15 09:50AM
scorer79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scorer79 Click here to Send scorer79 a Private Message Find more posts by scorer79 Add scorer79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scorer79
Harvey Hacksmasher

Misty, I only read what I wanted to read obviously. If last year was any indication, it could be Hastings' year though. If I remember correctly, Flaxey lost the round robin to them and won the final.

That being said, I'm actually pulling for Flaxey.

01-15-15 08:47PM
Phil002 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil002 Click here to Send Phil002 a Private Message Find more posts by Phil002 Add Phil002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil002
Knee-Slider

GO TEAM PAYNE, a new northern sensation Looking good ladies

01-16-15 12:52PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Be very surprised if Sensational Sherry doesn't slither thru . . .

she'd be up against it if the Techno-Homans were in the draw - - - - but with Rachel already sewing up her auto-berth at the Nationals - Middaugh is such a heavy favourite!

I do agree Middaugh is the favorite, but I'm very wary of picking her to win on Sunday since she hasn't won ONT since 2008 :s As always with Sherry, it'll be how she handles her nerves.

01-16-15 04:25PM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

Williams at 0-3 has been eliminated in the Northern Ontario Scotties. Important game tonight as Tracy Horgan can earn a bye to the final with a win over Lilly tonight at 8PM. Makes for an interesting final 2 draws! The only way Fossum at 0-2 can make a tiebreaker is if...

1) Lilly beats Horgan tonight to finish either 4-0 or 3-1
2) Fossum beats Williams tonight (fossum would be 1-2)
3) Fossum beats Horgan tomorrow (Both finishing at 2-2)
4) Payne loses to Lilly tomorrow (Payne would be 2-2).

Anything can happen, but I'm putting my money on a Horgan vs Lilly final.

Last edited by nickelcity on 01-16-15 at 04:30PM

01-16-15 11:23PM
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

Tracy Horgan steals the 9th and 10th ends to beat Kendra Lilly in a pretty poorly-executed game. With the win, Team Horgan earns a direct bye into Saturday night's final vs the winner of the Lilly/Payne game tomorrow morning. Williams and Fossum have been eliminated.

01-16-15 11:46PM
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

\Nice to see a provincial where 60% of the field qualifies for playoffs....!!!

Tomorrow morning's game is actually still a round-robin game, the final features the Top 2 finishers from the RR portion of the event. No playoffs per say. Horgan beat both Payne and Lilly, thus gets a bye to the final.

01-17-15 11:32PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Give the rest of us abreak

Funny how Ontario curlers always complain about how easy it is to get out of Atlantic Canada. Let's see, Nont had 5 teams at their Scotties provincials. No zones, no regionals, just sign up and go. Same as NL with about 1/4 the population, almost the same as PEI with 1/15th the population. Having said that all 4 teams from PEI would have a great chance of winning NONT. NS has 3 times as many teams attempt the provincials with less than half the population, NB twice as many with 1/3 population. What a farce to allow another Ontario team. In reading posts here for other Scotties zones for Ontario, there's only 30-35 teams total for the rest of the 12-13 million people there. Almost 15 Million people in Ontario with 35 teams. Do the math compared to NS with 15 teams with less than 1 million, or PEI with 150k, NB with zone playdowns to get to 8 with 750k, and NL with 525k. And don't get me started with Quebec and only 6 teams just sign up and go for 8 million people.

01-19-15 10:58AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Give the rest of us a beak to squawk with

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Funny how Ontario curlers always complain about how easy it is to get out of Atlantic Canada. Let's see, Nont had 5 teams at their Scotties provincials. No zones, no regionals, just sign up and go. Same as NL with about 1/4 the population, almost the same as PEI with 1/15th the population.

Your fractional comparisons are way off.

NO population: 786,270 (2011)
NL population: 526,977 (2014)
PE population: 145,211 (2014)
NS pupulation: 940,592 (2014)
NB population: 755,464 (2014)

Expect to see population shifts in some provinces with oil prices falling.

Last edited by Guest on 01-19-15 at 07:26PM

01-19-15 11:00AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Anyone know if the Ontario Scotties are being televised in the province on local cable channels?

01-19-15 12:20PM
Marc Bernard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marc Bernard Visit Marc Bernard's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Bernard Add Marc Bernard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marc Bernard
Hitting Paint

Rogers is covering it.

http://rogerstv.com/page.aspx?lid=12&rid=54&sid=6683

01-19-15 04:02PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Give the rest of us abreak

quote:
Funny how Ontario curlers always complain about how easy it is to get out of Atlantic Canada. Let's see, Nont had 5 teams at their Scotties provincials. No zones, no regionals, just sign up and go. Same as NL with about 1/4 the population, almost the same as PEI with 1/15th the population. Having said that all 4 teams from PEI would have a great chance of winning NONT. NS has 3 times as many teams attempt the provincials with less than half the population, NB twice as many with 1/3 population. What a farce to allow another Ontario team. In reading posts here for other Scotties zones for Ontario, there's only 30-35 teams total for the rest of the 12-13 million people there. Almost 15 Million people in Ontario with 35 teams. Do the math compared to NS with 15 teams with less than 1 million, or PEI with 150k, NB with zone playdowns to get to 8 with 750k, and NL with 525k. And don't get me started with Quebec and only 6 teams just sign up and go for 8 million people.

I think the CCA and associated Provincial organizations should be very concerned about the lack of teams in their provincial playdowns. Ontario did not have that many zone entries. 8 qualify for the Quebec Scotties but it seems only 6 played. This was the first year for NO. However, I am finding that most curlers don't want to/can't put in the time and effort to play at an elite level - many would rather play bonspiels. Time for another count of exactly how many curlers are curling...

01-19-15 05:37PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Give the rest of us abreak

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

I think the CCA and associated Provincial organizations should be very concerned about the lack of teams in their provincial playdowns. Ontario did not have that many zone entries. 8 qualify for the Quebec Scotties but it seems only 6 played. This was the first year for NO. However, I am finding that most curlers don't want to/can't put in the time and effort to play at an elite level - many would rather play bonspiels. Time for another count of exactly how many curlers are curling...

It only appears to be a problem in some provinces. Alberta, saskatchewan and manitoba seem to have no problem getting numbers to sign up and try to get to provincials

01-19-15 08:45PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

bad math

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

Your fractional comparisons are way off.

NO population: 786,270 (2011)
NL population: 526,977 (2014)
PE population: 145,211 (2014)
NS pupulation: 940,592 (2014)
NB population: 755,464 (2014)

Expect to see population shifts in some provinces with oil prices falling.

Sorry, I thought NONT was between 1.5 and 2M

01-19-15 09:13PM
Super Rockchucker

Re: bad math

quote:
Sorry, I thought NONT was between 1.5 and 2M

If we were that big we'd dump those goofs in the south.

01-19-15 09:49PM
JMK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMK Click here to Send JMK a Private Message Find more posts by JMK Add JMK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMK
Knee-Slider

I see a couple of the teams brought a fifth. Can the fifth play? Or do they have to use the spare pool?
A team change I noticed was Megan Arnold instead of Pam Feldkamp on Team Kee. However Erin Macauley on Team Varnes is also not there. I believe it's Melissa McAuley replacing her.

01-19-15 10:22PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

We've got a Sherri Middaugh fan in the house running broadcasts for us this week, so you should be able to see all her games here:

https://games.curlinggeek.com

Of course, Rogers has much better coverage if you've got the right cable package.