Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 8 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-08-13 05:22PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: HELP!

quote:
Originally posted by GregW
I'm stuck in Florida for the last weekend of the Brier (poor me I know)

Is there anywhere I can stream the games on-line?

Thanks!

None that im aware of. Believe me i've been looking

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-08-13 06:08PM
chapnlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chapnlie Click here to Send chapnlie a Private Message Find more posts by chapnlie Add chapnlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chapnlie
Swing Artist

Re: HELP!

quote:
Originally posted by GregW
I'm stuck in Florida for the last weekend of the Brier (poor me I know)
Is there anywhere I can stream the games on-line?
Thanks!

Our only option in the U.S. is VOD on www.tsn.ca after the close of the highlight game. It's torture, I know, but better than nothing.

03-08-13 06:39PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

With Gushue winnibg, 4 losses is looking bad now. Unlikely that NS or BC will knock off stoughton or Jacobs tonight.

03-08-13 06:43PM
chapnlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chapnlie Click here to Send chapnlie a Private Message Find more posts by chapnlie Add chapnlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chapnlie
Swing Artist

I hear the fat lady singing. Stoughton is not going to lose to BC, and Jacobs is not going to lose to NS, so the playoffs are set ... and there is no room for AB ... even if they can beat Howard tonight.

Assuming MB and NO wins: NL, MB and NO all finish at 8-3, with Howard on top at 11-0 or 10-1.

03-08-13 06:44PM
coorsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coorsman Click here to Send coorsman a Private Message Find more posts by coorsman Add coorsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coorsman
Swing Artist

So what happens with the 3-way tie for 2nd? Someone will get the 1-2 game. The 3 teams all have 1-1 records against eachother. I thought it would be points for or against, but it sounds like it is all decided by a draw to the button.

03-08-13 06:51PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Re: Re: HELP!

quote:
Originally posted by chapnlie

Our only option in the U.S. is VOD on www.tsn.ca after the close of the highlight game. It's torture, I know, but better than nothing.

If you're careful you can easily watch this without getting any spoilers off the tsn site. I have done this a few times. Chances are you won't get any spoilers in Florida.

03-08-13 06:54PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by coorsman
So what happens with the 3-way tie for 2nd? Someone will get the 1-2 game. The 3 teams all have 1-1 records against eachother. I thought it would be points for or against, but it sounds like it is all decided by a draw to the button.

Yes, if NL, NO and MB all finish 8-3, the tie is resolved by their cumulative draws to the button based on the draws they made throughout the round robin. According to a source on twitter (forget exactly who tweeted this), MB has the best score among those 3 teams and actually has the second-best draw score in the field, behind only SK. So Jeff would sneak into the 1-2 game by the narrowest of margins with a win over BC.

03-08-13 07:42PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I agree that Jacobs is 99.999% sure to defeat Eddy Mack and his Islanders tonite but I wouldn't put that same percentage on Stoughton to defeat BC.

Northern Ontario doesnt play PEI tonight they play Nova Scotia

Your perecentages if Martin makes it to the playoffs dont equal 100%

03-08-13 07:56PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

http://thecurlingnews.com/blog/2013...ipment-trashed/

So was this Johnny?

03-08-13 08:48PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Re: SIMPLY PUT

quote:

For Martin to slither into the playoff picture he needs of course to topple the Silver Surfer, Glenn Howard AND

he needs Jeff Stoughton of Manitoba to fall completely on his face in his last outing vs. BC Bullinsky.

Normally, I wouldn't even put Bullinsky in the same league as a tall dwarf like Stoughton

Hey Legend!

His name is Andrew BILESKY. Show some respect, you misogynistic a-hole, to a young team that is struggling but has represented its province with class on and off the ice and use the skips proper name.

Otherwise, stay home next year. You won't be welcome in kamloops.

03-08-13 09:13PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:

For those who know me, my nicknames are usually affectionate.

Usually is the key word because it was very mean of you to refer to Tracy Horgan as Horrid Horgan and i dont think Edmontonians appreciate you calling there hockey/curling facility Rectum Place

03-08-13 11:55PM
the yap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the yap Click here to Send the yap a Private Message Find more posts by the yap Add the yap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
the yap
Harvey Hacksmasher

Location: down the street from psychotic right next to oblivious

warnings?

anyone know if Martin's team has gotten any warnings this Brier? Every game i have seen them on TV, there has been Fsharps, SH bombs and brooms slams....

03-09-13 12:06AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Surprised that Glen tried to make that double instead of just drawing for 1

03-09-13 12:16AM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

quote:
No warnings for Martin and there won't be any. This is his home turf and he curled miserably the first half of Brier - now, he's the reason the crowd is packed tightly at Rectum Place.

Actually......

http://thecurlingnews.com/blog/2013...ipment-trashed/

03-09-13 12:52AM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

I'm pretty sure Jeff would rather be in the 1 vs 2 against Howard than in a tie breaker against Martin. That's a no brainer.

03-09-13 01:30AM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

Jeff has really been so bad the last couple days. He hasnt been great all event really, but the last couple days he has been about the worst I have seen him play. If he doesnt get his act together he is going to get slapped around in the playoffs, especialy by Howard.

Such a shame Martin did all he needed to and still didnt get in.

03-09-13 01:35AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Big time clutch shot by Stoughton in that atmosphere. Props to him.

I know the crowd was a little overboard there (props also to Glenn for enjoying the moment), but I have to say that was some of the most exciting curling I've seen in awhile, and the atmosphere of the crowd was a big part of it. It reminded me of the Vancouver Olympics. I know I've heard curlers say they loved that atmosphere (for the most part). Isn't curling better when the crowd is way into it?

I guess here's my question: where do people think the line should be for a curling crowd? I remember in the Gold Medal game in Vancouver someone blew an airhorn during Ulsrud's backswing. We can probably agree that the crowd shouldn't be doing that. Maybe as long as the crowd quiets before the opposing team shoots, that would be satisfactory. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Last edited by peteski on 03-09-13 at 01:39AM

03-09-13 01:36AM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
WOW - the best nite of curling I've watched in decades!!!

And it featured no less than 10 Brier wins between them. INCREDIBLE!

Jeff Stoughton's pressure-packed draw to the pinner may have eliminated the potential Brier champion, it certainly killed the crowd, didn't it? Jeff was certainly giving out some well-deserved hand gestures to the crowd, wasn't he? Said on radio before game that there were plenty of Stoughton Sucks chants and other things he couldn't say on radio. GOOD FOR JEFF.

Credit to Bilesky and Fleming for putting up major fights vs. top teams tonite.

Stoughton vs. Howard (Howard is just too much for Jeff right now)

Gushue vs. Jacobs (Jacobs eliminated by a crafty Goo)

Semi- Goo vs. Stoughton (probably goes to last brick)

If final is Goo vs. Howard, I actually like Goo.

If final is Jeff vs. Howard, Howard wins!

The thing is shaping up exactly as predicted by most, except Martin is missing and Jacobs is in.

Interesting. Not sure if Gushue will beat Howard, but I agree he is more likely to do so than Stoughton right now. I also agree that Gushue might have a hard time beating Stoughton even with Stoughton and team struggling, since that just seems to be a bad matchup for them. I definitely agree Gushue will probably beat Jacobs.

03-09-13 01:39AM
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

I know the crowd was a little overboard there (props also to Glenn for enjoying the moment), but I have to say that was some of the most exciting curling I've seen in awhile, and the atmosphere of the crowd was a big part of it. It reminded me of the Vancouver Olympics. I know I've heard curlers say they loved that atmosphere (for the most part). Isn't curling better when the crowd is way into it?

I guess here's my question: where do people think the line should be for a curling crowd? I remember in the Gold Medal game in Vancouver someone blew an airhorn during Ulsrud's backswing. We can probably agree that the crowd shouldn't be doing that? Maybe as long as the crowd quiets before the opposing team shoots, that would be satisfactory. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Meh has anyone ever seen soccer crowds, hockey crowds or many other crowds (ok I know those arent concentration based sports to the same degree, but even then I could say golf crowds). If any curlers are that bothered by any of the crowds in recent years, be it the Vancouver Olympic crowds or the fans here if that is the worst one can think of, than they are pretty big babies; and I think the positive and humourous reactions of the veteran curlers to the crowds in their games against Martin say it all. They are probably excited to finally be playing in front of a curling audience that seems more enthused, supportive, partial, and invested in the result than an 80 and over bridge tournament for once.

Last edited by KittyHisses on 03-09-13 at 01:41AM

03-09-13 01:44AM
coorsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coorsman Click here to Send coorsman a Private Message Find more posts by coorsman Add coorsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coorsman
Swing Artist

You have got to be kidding me! Team Stoughton's team percentages the last 3 games were ... 90%, 90%, and 91%. Does that sound like numbers of a team that's faltering. For reference, the 2 "top teams" curled 88% and 89% percent tonight. Hmmmm. Not sure what exactly happened out there with those 2 losses, but give their opposition some credit. Tonight Mead and Kopf were 100% thru 8 ends. Who else playing tonight can say that?

For the first time all week, Howard looked vulnerable. Jeff's got a chance for sure ... especially if Mead can shoot the lights out like he did tonight.

03-09-13 01:48AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:

Well, yeah!!

Both are zero dark thirty options!!!

But at least Jeff gets some major TV time this weekend.

Jeff's games, like Jennifer Jones are almost always fun to watch. Excruciatingly fun, but fun!

How hilarious, you sad piece of filth, that you call me abusive for taking you to task after all the vile, insulting, derogatory things you have said-on this site-about women.

How cowardly to try and turn things back on to me after taking you to task for being a jerk-which you obviously agreed with since every post is now BILESKY.

Learn what a Purple Heart (or the equivalent of a provincial championship) means you jerk off before you insult those of us who have one.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.121.225.170

03-09-13 07:03AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by KittyHisses
Jeff has really been so bad the last couple days. He hasnt been great all event really, but the last couple days he has been about the worst I have seen him play. If he doesnt get his act together he is going to get slapped around in the playoffs, especialy by Howard.

Such a shame Martin did all he needed to and still didnt get in.

Leaving your fate up to others is never good strategy! He really did not do all- losing those 4 games!

03-09-13 07:12AM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

I guess here's my question: where do people think the line should be for a curling crowd? I remember in the Gold Medal game in Vancouver someone blew an airhorn during Ulsrud's backswing. We can probably agree that the crowd shouldn't be doing that. Maybe as long as the crowd quiets before the opposing team shoots, that would be satisfactory. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I think that most knowledgeable spectators will not hoot etc in the middle of a back swing but with 4 sheets in play, the crowd noise either positive or negative is cannot be controlled.
Television and the CCA are trying to sell a product and therefore players must learn to deal with crowds.

Ask any quarterback how he feels when the crowd cheers a sack!
If curling wants to be accepted as a mainline sport, then players need to stop the whining.

03-09-13 07:29AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

OK, the teams are set. We're going to have an all-eastern playoff and champion this year (if you're going by CFL geography;-) May the best and luckiest team win.

03-09-13 08:14AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

On a personal preference level im happy to see Saskatchewan finish with a win. They played fantastic against Quebec..I still have to wonder what the hell happened to them in the 9th against the Yukon yesterday.

The ice this week was just bad. The number of picks there were for a large event like this is a disgrace

Very happpy to see Jeff finish the game off and get in directly. Is it a shame that Alberta misses the playoffs? no, i dont think so at all. 4 great teams made it in and the precense of kevin martin does not mean the playoffs will be any less without him

The fans were disappointingly classless at times. Especially last night.