Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 20 of 21 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-08-13 10:43AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

Re: Howard aye? the old man are you certain?

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
[QUOTE]Originally posted by greenroad
[B]I want Canada to win double gold at Sochi. I think Rachel could do the trick. God help us if we get Jones. On the men's side, Howard rather than Jacobs or any of the other names that crop up. alot of folks might disagree with your choice .. but your entitled to say what you think right?

Agreed that some folks might disagree. Of course what I - or anybody else - thinks is irrelevant. It's how they do in December, a lifetime away in sports, that counts.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-08-13 10:50AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: post WORLD'S HANGOVER!!!!!!!!

quote:
YEP the grand show is over for another year... Congrats to them Swedes they simply "out curled" our boys from the SOoooo, you could see their disappointed faces when the medals were presented to them, nothing to be ashamed in my book. ofcourse jubilation in the Swedish camp, and they will be heading to Toronto for the capital one "player's championship at the ole maple leaf gardens ...I for one will be there to watch catch a few draws..... I HOPE THEY FILL THE PLACE WITH FANS...OFCOURSE WE MIGHT HAVE TO ENDURE ANOTHER ROUND OF VIC RAUTER MR.'COMMERCIAL MAN" hahahahahaha

No Vic. Sportsnet has this one covered.

04-08-13 11:06AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by greenroad
I want Canada to win double gold at Sochi. I think Rachel could do the trick. God help us if we get Jones. On the men's side, Howard rather than Jacobs or any of the other names that crop up.

I dont think you'll find many who disagree with your desire to see canada sweep on here. I dont see it happening though, as it stands right now id say Eve is the favorite on the ladies side. If Switzerland is repped by Mirjam Ott you would have to name her as a favorite as well. The woman has never failed to make the final 4 at the olympics and its the one event where she's got a good history with beating Canada.
As far as the men go..well they'll be the favorites and Sweden and maybe Norway would be the only real obstacles.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

04-08-13 11:09AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
oh shut up you moron

I didn't even have to look at the quote and I knew who you were referring too.

04-08-13 11:43AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Ironic that Team Canada had an opportunity to effectively eliminate the eventual gold medal winners before the championship game at both the Women's and Men's worlds. Homan missed that double that would have eliminated Eve in the semi, and Jacobs could have dropped Edin into a horrific 5 way 4th place tiebreaker with a win in the final RR game. Goes to show you how fine the line is between a championship and no championship.

04-08-13 12:39PM
Shawzy

Re: Re: post WORLD'S HANGOVER!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by decade

No Vic. Sportsnet has this one covered.

I don't know which is worse...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 129.100.254.158

04-08-13 12:43PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: post WORLD'S HANGOVER!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Shawzy

I don't know which is worse...

I think they're both pretty damn good. Go and read some of the posts on the U.S. sight then thank your lucky stars that we have excellent curling coverage. Thanks Sportsnet and TSN. Regards

04-08-13 12:50PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Re: post WORLD'S HANGOVER!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

I think they're both pretty damn good. Go and read some of the posts on the U.S. sight then thank your lucky stars that we have excellent curling coverage. Thanks Sportsnet and TSN. Regards

what in the hell do you gather the sports casters in the U.S. would bother to cover curling?.... is tidley winks a Olympic sport?

04-08-13 12:50PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

There is too much griping about the TV coverage. We are pretty fortunate in Canada to have the coverage that we do. Sure there are a few things that could improve it, but we ought to be thankful for the volume and quality that we have.

and at least it's not on BOLD

04-08-13 12:53PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

TRUE ENOUGH WELL SAID...but

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi
There is too much griping about the TV coverage. We are pretty fortunate in Canada to have the coverage that we do. Sure there are a few things that could improve it, but we ought to be thankful for the volume and quality that we have.

and at least it's not on BOLD

you have to remember we have here in this country 1,200,000 registered curlers who love to get the facts as they happen !!!!

04-08-13 01:01PM
Unregistered

Jacobs

76% for Jacobs? more like 66%. He missed too many crucial shots to win. The roles were reversed in this game. Usually he puts the pressure on the other skip. This game every shot was a pressure shot for him.

That miss & steal in the 6th was big. With a tie game the momentum changes.

Don't care too much for this Edin character. Jacob's played straight into his strengths. They had a day to come up with a game plan.

Poor strategy & poor execution from Jacobs cost them the gold.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 66.209.61.22

04-08-13 01:05PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

Re: Jacobs

quote:

Don't care too much for this Edin character. Jacob's played straight into his strengths. They had a day to come up with a game plan.

He was in the 1/2 game. Jacobs could have been there too if he played better in the RR.

04-08-13 01:08PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by greenroad

That's one of the salutatory features of Page. 1 and 2 are humongously advantageous to 3 and 4 and 3 is clearly better than 4. You are rewarded for RR performance.

Certainly, my point was that Jacobs' performance in late RR probably cost him a much stronger chance for Gold. Jacobs has said he felt one reason they lost was because they picked up on different ice conditions slower then Sweden. Well, not having the hammer meant that translated to a 2-0 after one end. Then the force and one mistake and its 4-1 against a strong hitting team. Odds are not good at that point that you win.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 04-08-13 at 01:19PM

04-08-13 01:09PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
76% for Jacobs? more like 66%. He missed too many crucial shots to win. The roles were reversed in this game. Usually he puts the pressure on the other skip. This game every shot was a pressure shot for him.

That miss & steal in the 6th was big. With a tie game the momentum changes.

Poor strategy & poor execution from Jacobs cost them the gold.

thanks for further slamming the Jacobs rink "UN REGISTERED' , IF YOUR SORRY ARSE WAS THERE AND YOU TOOK THE LOSS, where do you think you would like to be the day after?....RIGHT FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE...

04-08-13 01:58PM
Unregistered

Re: Re: Jacobs

quote:
thanks for further slamming the Jacobs rink "UN REGISTERED' , IF YOUR SORRY ARSE WAS THERE AND YOU TOOK THE LOSS, where do you think you would like to be the day after?....RIGHT FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE...

No need to be drinking so early Mr. PEI but speaking the truth is not considered slamming it is called critiquing. Look at all of Jacobs losses & he was outcurled %-wise by his counterpart. That is a fact. Critical misses at critical times by him cost this team.

I know the only decent thing that has come from PEI is Anne of Green Gables but there is no need to be so enraged at other Canadians with opinions that don't match yours.

Its probably too cold to jump in the Atlantic Ocean but you need to cool off.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 66.209.61.22

04-08-13 02:34PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

NOPE NOT DRINKIN YET PAL?...

IT IS PRETTY FRIGING COLD HERE ON THE ISLAND, but no place is as cold as where the Jacobs boys from the SOoooo are going? furthermore "failure' is only a word in the eyes of a beholder

04-08-13 03:35PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: NOPE NOT DRINKIN YET PAL?...

quote:
IT IS PRETTY FRIGING COLD HERE ON THE ISLAND, but no place is as cold as where the Jacobs boys from the SOoooo are going? furthermore "failure' is only a word in the eyes of a beholder

Why are you so angry in all your posts. Chill out. Also, I wonder if you realize that when you type in caps, the reader assumes that you are shouting. Calm down, you're going to give yourself a heart attack. Have a nice day. Regards.

04-08-13 03:37PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Re: Re: NOPE NOT DRINKIN YET PAL?...

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Why are you so angry in all your posts. Chill out. Also, I wonder if you realize that when you type in caps, the reader assumes that you are shouting. Calm down, you're going to give yourself a heart attack. Have a nice day. Regards.

nope not at all angry as the next person is perhaps? why?

04-08-13 03:43PM
Unregistered

quote:
76% for Jacobs? more like 66%.
Don't care too much for this Edin character.

why because hes a nice kid and great curler and not a loudmouth like you ? Kitchener has a moron too ... sheesh

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-08-13 03:48PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Jacobs

quote:

why because hes a nice kid and great curler and not a loudmouth like you ? Kitchener has a moron too ... sheesh

great come back coming from a putz.... this is a friggin curling forum please stick to principals okay it is supposed to be for the enjoyment of others to be enlightened and or better informed. thank you

04-08-13 06:33PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

I think Edin is great for the game! Love the hair, the swash, the confidence and the talent. Curling needs to attract a younger population and if these young bucks, including the Jacobs team or teams with wild pants can do that-- great.

04-08-13 06:43PM
nelsosi
Swing Artist

I like Edin too. Looks like the kind of guy I'd want to have a beer or three with.

04-08-13 07:02PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by decade
I think Edin is great for the game! Love the hair, the swash, the confidence and the talent. Curling needs to attract a younger population and if these young bucks, including the Jacobs team or teams with wild pants can do that-- great.

I think whats great is that when you look at the 4 teams who made the playoffs 3/4 of the skips were under 30 and 3 quarters of the scottish team was alsocomposed of youngsters.

the future of the sport shone brightly this past week

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

04-08-13 07:29PM
Unregistered

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jacobs

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

are mostly closed-minds who think no one should comment on curling or

Its not that we think you shouldn't comment on curling.. The issue is you are so obviously wrong and misinformed and sometimes clueless and make stuff up that doesn't exist far too often

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.205.64

04-08-13 08:27PM
Wally Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wally Curler Click here to Send Wally Curler a Private Message Find more posts by Wally Curler Add Wally Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wally Curler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Changing the subject just a bit, classy move by Ryan Fry to give a little girl in the stands his broom. It seems she really appreciated it.
It's a small gesture, but it's things like this that make me proud to say I am a curling fan.

http://hurryhardblog.blogspot.ca/20...n-my-books.html