Pass:  

Curling Scores

Click Event to Show Scoreboard
M: Medicine Hat Charity Classic
W: China Open
M: China Open
W: Canad Inns Women's Classic
W: Medicine Hat Charity Classic
M: Challenge de Curling de Gatineau (Arena)
M: Curling Masters Champery
W: Paf Masters Tour
M: Heather MJCT U15 Bonspiel
W: Heather MJCT Bonspiel
W: OVCA Junior Superspiel Womens Qualifier
M: Heather MJCT Bonspiel
M: OVCA Junior Superspiel Mens Qualifier
: Balmoral Harvest Junior Womens Classic
M: Balmoral Harvest Junior Mens Classic
M: Brampton U21 Junior Mens Cashspiel
W: Brampton U21 Junior Womens Cashspiel
M: Challenge de Curling de Gatineau Open
W: Rick Cotter Memorial Junior Womens Classic
M: Rick Cotter Memorial Junior Mens Classic
W: Lady Monctonian Invitational Spiel
M: WCT Austrian Mixed Doubles Cup
W: Stirling Wheelchair Curling International
M: EJCT Oslo Junior Men
W: EJCT Oslo Junior Women
Central European Time (CET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Humpty's Cup - Last Biggy

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 2 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-29-18 10:25AM
Qtownranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Qtownranger Click here to Send Qtownranger a Private Message Find more posts by Qtownranger Add Qtownranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Qtownranger
Harvey Hacksmasher

Team Homan

I think the big story this weekend is the return of Team Homan. They have looked brittle ever since their run through the Olympic trials. They put up two big comebacks in the quarter against Sinclair and in the semi against Muirhead when it would have been easy to pack it in. Win or lose in the final, they are back, and it bodes well for the future of this team & Canada's competitiveness at the world level.

Nice to see Howard & co in the final; who would have predicted this?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-29-18 10:39AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

2 biggest stories to end year:

1. Glen Howard reaching the final

2. Rachel Homan returning from her excursion to a distant galaxy.

Obviously, Team Sinclair flaunting their new found power and nuance were near the top. Sinclair has elevated herself to TOP 5 world status, no question. They're good, very good.

Kerri E. in farewell to current girls also a nice story - she'll have a puncher's chance in the HD Final - but if Homanites all curl 85%+ I like Keri's chances - of finishing 2nd.

Val didn't make anything this week - but I still love that team's spunk & humor. Val being a Manitoban is going to be hard to adjust to - but she'll be welcomed with open arms. A class act if there ever was. Always so near the gold, but never a golden girl.

Jones continues to win, even in the twilite of her storied career. Amidst missed shots, whiffs and clowny strategy she still knows how to cobble up wins. A scrapper of great renown. No one ever like her - no one will ever be!

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 04-29-18 at 04:02PM

04-29-18 11:59AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Rachel vs. Kerri FINAL

Has all the ear-marks of a great season finale. The Scotties runners-up vs. the Olympic Trial victors.

Usually you'd have to give the big advantage to Team Raytch - mainly cuz Emma more often than not blows out her competitor at 3rd and leaves basic shots & doubles to Skip Homan. But not this time. The former timid & meek (my words) Einarson 3rd Selena has morphed into a stern opponent, even vs. a superstar like Miskew. And this week Emma hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire with her percentages.

Skip fairly even. 2 powerhouse skips - obviously Homan's trophy case is larger. Einarson comes in on a high - Rachel very good at times - but really spotty at others.
In her conquest of Princess Eve she only cobbled a 62% game - found herself down 5-0 after 2 ends but rallied when Eve crumpled and turned in a putrid 55%. Don't think that will happen with Einarson.

Big advantage at 2nd to Homan - a brittle Courtney is still a dangerous Courtney and she's been the most consistent performer this week on Team RH. Liz Fyfe out of her league in this one, I'm afraid.

Weagle - now the most serious of the mean girls has a match on her hand - taking on the tenacious spark-plug Kristen McCuish. But when it comes to tick shots and weight control, nobody does it better than Lisa W.

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 04-29-18 at 04:06PM

04-29-18 02:36PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

Happy to see Team Homan rebound and finish the season with a win.

Was it just me or could you see and feel a bit of tension in the final hugs for Einarson? Not a tear shed amongst them.

04-29-18 02:59PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

As much as Homan won, I’d say Einarson lost i5 in th3 seventh end. Simple hit and stick vs a steal of two.

04-29-18 05:51PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Happy to see Team Homan rebound and finish the season with a win.

Was it just me or could you see and feel a bit of tension in the final hugs for Einarson? Not a tear shed amongst them.

I’ve seen that tension all season...Einarson seemed very separated from them...little laughing or joking with them.

04-29-18 06:22PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

Nice win for Gushue. I feel bad for Howard as it seemed his last in 6 picked being the difference in the game.

04-29-18 06:39PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

I’ve seen that tension all season...Einarson seemed very separated from them...little laughing or joking with them.

That obvious, huh curlerbroad? lol
Anyways, following it from inside Manitoba I think Kerri felt she was being held back by her current group. Despite the minor acrimony they still managed to get to the STOH via a play-in, conquering favoured Chelsea Carey and then taking JJ Jones the distance before succumbing to a superior team.

Player by player - Kirsten McCuish is a gamer lead, she gives you all she has (and sometimes more). Definitely an up 'n coming good lead - but not yet GREAT.
2nd - Liz Fyfe - despite awesome bloodlines is an average 2nd - rarely throwing up hi-grade percentages, which means - - -
3rd - Selena Kaatz usually has to make slightly higher than normal degree of difficulty shots, lowering her shooting average. Kaatz is the one player who has progressed to being one of the better 3rds in the country. She's gone from meek and timid rabbit to a relatively ferocious fox.
Skip - Einarson is the star of this team and felt she couldn't go any further with whats under the hood. Average front end, 3rd who plays a different game.

So here's the rub. Einarson forms a super-team with Bree Meilleur at lead, Shannon Birchard at 2nd and Val Sweeting at vice. Should be Manitoba Scotties favorites - especially with Jones already auto-berthed.

I think they'll do very well - Meilleur and Birchard are still young enough to realize they're a bit behind monsters like Jones, Homan, even Scheidegger and McCarville.

Key is how well Val responds to transplanting to Manitoba and being Einarson's 3rd.

Knowing they were losing their skip, Selena & Co. made a bold move to bring Tracy Fleury aboard from Northern Ontario. Like Einarson, Fleury is a very quiet, almost introverted performer. She could fit in really well - but the team is still hampered by an average front end - although Kaatz and Fleury could be surprisingly formidable.

04-29-18 07:00PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

However, Fleury is a skip who enjoys being with her team. Even when trailing by 7, she still socialized with her team rather then looking at them like they were club curlers who hardly hit the broom.

Fleury just might represent MB!

04-29-18 07:17PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
However, Fleury is a skip who enjoys being with her team. Even when trailing by 7, she still socialized with her team rather then looking at them like they were club curlers who hardly hit the broom.

Fleury just might represent MB!

Re: Fleury - I do think Selena is a superior 3rd to Crystal Webster - and I really like Webster. Webster returns to Alberta - wonder if she'd be able to tolerate Chelsea Carey as her skip?

Or will Crystal return to skipping, trying to build off past success?

04-30-18 02:47PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

Congrats to the Homan Team and the Gushue Team on winning the Humpty's Champ Cup on the w/end. Found the following statement interesting. Took it from CBC morning sports news.

Brad Gushue capped an undefeated 7-0 run in the Champions Cup to close out the Grand Slam of Curling season with an 8-2 win over Glenn Howard on Sunday.

The St. John's, N.L., crew of Gushue, third Mark Nichols, second Brett Gallant and lead Geoff Walker have now won all seven top-tier titles in the series. Gushue has earned 10 in total, nine of which have come since Nichols rejoined the squad at the start of the Olympic cycle in 2014.