M: Challenge Assurances Jean Gamache
W: Glynhill Ladies International
: USA Mixed Doubles Championship
M: New Brunswick Tankard Prelims
M: German Masters
M: TBayTel Major League of Curling
W: Kisakallio Open
Eastern European Time (EET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > The Brier 2017 -

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 5 of 18 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-08-17 10:27AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

glenn is doing just fine .. there are 100 top rated teams that would love to be there and curling as well as him

and a million viewers that would like to be 7th man on the team

its a crap shoot every year - a beats b , b beats c , and c beats a

you need a lot of luck in curling - and that includes the opposition skip not drawing the pin in the ee - and a 3 or 4 certainly helps

there will be 4 teams in the playoffs as usual - no surprises

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-08-17 10:45AM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

Glenn's not getting the support needed to win. Case in point, at least 2x he's faced 5 without hammer on his shot.

03-08-17 10:46AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by newbroom

Glenn has a very capable third sitting on the bench, tough to ask Richy sit out a game or two but???

Correct...Adam Spencer is a very good curler and they did quite well with him in the past. Glen should at least try and with Richie's back, he might welcome a break.

03-08-17 10:50AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Once they're officially eliminated (pretty close now) I think Spencer will come off the bench to relieve Richard.

I do think Richard wants to have a go at helping Glenn upset the Manitoba Express before bowing out.

No room for tears - I suspect Glenn will have a job waiting for him at either Sportsnet or TSN once he officially hangs up the apparel.

Can't see TSN unless they retire Vic Rauter and go with The Howards & Cheryl as their top crew w/ occasional interventions from Mudryk and Gauthier.

fwiw - I think Cheryl Bernard has demonstrated remarkable improvement in her role as 2nd analyst. She's listened to criticism and really upped her ability to do the job.

03-08-17 11:28AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

the indecision on calling shots by all skips and advisors is painful to watch - like last 2 minutes of an nba game ..25 minutes

ferbey and middaugh played a game in an hour - didnt need anyone even holding broom

Last edited by fresca on 03-08-17 at 11:36AM

03-08-17 11:38AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I see Quebec sneaking up the standings...don't underestimate them like a certain Ontario team did during a final.

03-08-17 11:45AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
the indecision on calling shots by all skips and advisors is painful to watch - like last 2 minutes of an nba game ..25 minutes

ferbey and middaugh played a game in an hour - didnt need anyone even holding broom

Donnie Duguid was a house on fire during his run. Same with Moe Norman (sorry, that was golf)

Hec Gervais didn't need no stinkin' committees to decide shots.

Right now there's too many "committee" teams and too few skip-dominant teams.

McEwen vs. Jacobs - that should be a true committee battle. If it goes the distance, neither team will have much time left on the clock.

Jacobs a bit more skip-dominant than Magic Mike but EJ, Ryan H & Fry always eager to contribute their 2 cents worth.

Bob "Pee Wee" Pickering might have been first significant committee team I noticed. Always had to have tea with Garnet (Campbell) when things got all complex.

Like to see the powers to be - reduce thinking time by another 90 seconds to 2 minutes. Might serve to reduce conference calls!

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 03-08-17 at 11:47AM

03-08-17 11:50AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

If Mikey succumbs to Brad this afternoon - there'll be a mad pig scramble for the 4 playoff spots - a N. Ont. win puts 8 teams into play for the 4 spots.

If McEwen wins he should be able to confirm one of the spots in the 1-2 game. If Jacobs takes the duke - there's about 5 teams still in play for the 1-2.

03-08-17 12:00PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Yesterday the announcers all denied anything wrong with Benny when he sat the game out, Papers today are reporting a torn meniscus and he will need surgery when season is done, Will sit our some other games, Welcome to old age Benny!

03-08-17 12:54PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
I see Quebec sneaking up the standings...don't underestimate them like a certain Ontario team did during a final.

Quebec is a really good team that just doesn't play very much. Really dangerous opponent.

Also, one of my favourite teams to watch. Just really entertaining on the ice. The Franglais makes it fun too.

03-08-17 01:14PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

in Caseys last end tied at 7 with 2 rocks

nova scotias last pulled up ?? half way to house and one guy kicked it off in frustration

then casey's last to the 12 to win got overcleaned a bit and barely stopped for the bite - no ns sweepers in sight and even cameraman didnt show it sticking -

casual curling is for ml and nelski - rock should have been brushed ( often gives the twins a chance to dribble it a bit - remember ml ? )

Last edited by fresca on 03-08-17 at 01:43PM

03-08-17 01:46PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

funny story about 1976 brier in st johns , took oerst 4 days to get home ...

lots of hootch in patch but the drinking week of the 50s - 80s for the players seems to be history

make mine a singapore sling thx

03-08-17 02:13PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

kinda looks to me that the ice is breaking down -

based on jacobs light draw and mcewans flubbed straight hit

frys dont always go where they should either ..

factored by the looks on the faces --

i guess its verbotem to blame the ice by the players or russ and cheryl --

typical arena ice -- the game changer

03-08-17 04:29PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
kinda looks to me that the ice is breaking down -

i guess its verbotem to blame the ice by the players or russ and cheryl --

typical arena ice -- the game changer

Except for Morris who yesterday was cleary heard saying
God Darn Ice, (he didn't say darn either)

03-08-17 04:40PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Magic Mikey did it again!

Tough as nails sweeping inturn draw to the corner of the button - makes it by a full inch!

His daddy woulda been proud! (aka Eddy)

Sure changes complexion of the playoff hunt cuz Jacobs couldn't reel in the runaway train!

Its basically McEwen with 1st place under his control - Nfld/Lab, BC, NO, QC & CAN chasing 3 other playoff spots. Should get tight at the end. . . .

03-08-17 04:40PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

woot! a deuce on the 10th and from behind. tenacious. Come On Mikey. Playoff Bound... I think. Maybe.
I would like to see Gush hang on in the EE here. JustSayin'

Last edited by nelski on 03-08-17 at 04:42PM

03-08-17 04:41PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

Nice win for Mcewen.

03-08-17 04:41PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

nice draw mikey - next time show some excitement

cotter playing well as usual

oh right - its the brier - best event in curling

03-08-17 04:43PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
nice draw mikey - next time show some excitement
Is this sarcasm? did he jump for joy? #noVideo #asUsual

03-08-17 04:51PM
Noodle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Noodle Click here to Send Noodle a Private Message Find more posts by Noodle Add Noodle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Noodle
Knee-Slider

Sarcasm

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Is this sarcasm? did he jump for joy? #noVideo #asUsual

OMG the bellowing that the entire team let out...if that had of been NO..they would of been criticized....of course after the tongue bathing the commentators did on the McEwen team...you know that it was all good...

03-08-17 04:57PM
Clappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clappy Click here to Send Clappy a Private Message Find more posts by Clappy Add Clappy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clappy
Harvey Hacksmasher

I know it's not mathematical, but it looks like it's down to 5 teams. Any predictions? Looking at the remaining draws...here are my final standings:

MT 9-2
QB 9-2
CA 8-3
NO 8-3
NL 7-4

Playoffs QB over MT, CA over NO, CA over MT, MT over NO for 3rd, CA over QB for 1st.

03-08-17 05:04PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

nelski - ride a moose to the nearest river , take an ice flow to churchill and volunteer at the curling club .. they have 12 inch b&w motorola

was punches and jumps and fist throws and twists as the rock came up to the t line and turned in an inch for the deuce - was kinda cute !!

like 3 black guys winning the superbowl ...

the thrills of victory ...

the agony of defeat

probably 7 teams with 7 wins by friday - you heard it here first

Last edited by fresca on 03-08-17 at 06:14PM

03-08-17 06:11PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

Any PM sightings yet? I know the PM was in NYC during the Ottawa Brier last year, so I assume he will be in St. John's. I was surprised he was not at the Scotties.

03-08-17 06:33PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by ott-am
Any PM sightings yet? I know the PM was in NYC during the Ottawa Brier last year, so I assume he will be in St. John's. I was surprised he was not at the Scotties.

Can always hope that he stays away. He might get some goofy ideas on how to "improve"curling.

03-08-17 06:44PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Being in some refugees to curl and you'll see Mr PM