Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-21-13 06:00PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

ramblin' 2013

Setting up the Summer thread. LBI CC has booked the beach/annual meeting for the end of September. Want to be a member of the best "non-curling" curling club, join us (I am looking at TN, Duck, Tuck, Fry). Just remember, the last person that did not make the meeting (because they fell asleep) is still the VP.

JH
run with the big dogs or stay off the island.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-22-13 10:06AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Re: ramblin' 2013

quote:
Originally posted by jhcurl
[B]Setting up the Summer thread.

YEp, must be summer...I'm in physical rehab for a shoulder injury...makes 2 of the last 3 offseasons...this time at least it's not curling related (pro tip: If your shoulder is arthritic and hurting, moving from apartment to apartment and doing a lot of heavy box lifting with improper form is NOT recommended...)

Love the new state (Maryland), hate the commute to the job (DC area).

05-24-13 03:25PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Memorial day weekend. Thanks to all those that have or are serving.

This is normally a weekend to go to Belmont and watch the horsies for BBB. Not gonna happen this year. The party ringleaders, who run the first and last Bs (breakfast and bar-b-que) are away. So, we get to save some money on the middle B (betting).

The Jersey shore is open for business and the icebox of CT (Norfolk) might be getting snow on Sunday. All is right with the world.

JH

05-26-13 07:57AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Race day. Screaming F1 cars from Monaco, Indy cars at the brickyard then racin' and rubbin' from Charlotte. Don't think anyone is doing the double this year.

JH

05-26-13 04:38PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Squeeze a bit of golf in as well. BOOOO!!!!!!

Monaco is interesting but not exciting. Missed most of Indy. CC 600 - Junior nation.

JH
Grew up eatin' dirt at NJ tracks.

05-27-13 10:53PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Heater McCormick is playing in the Sick Kids Charity spiel next weekend. Here is a link if you want to pop $20 or something to a good cause.

Nice of Heater to do this. I believe he always accepts any charitable request.

http://my.sickkidsdonations.com/per...&LangPref=en-CA

Ben Tucker

06-12-13 07:58AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

US Open is happening in the best sports city in America. Have to limit it to 20k spectators a day due to the locale. Some interesting items from the player news conferences. The USGA is expecting someone to miss their tee time. The practice facility is at the West course about a 20 minute ride away.

Somebody might break their wrist in that rough as well. Webb Simpson said they need marshalls every 5 feet in the rough just to find a ball that is hit there.

JH

06-12-13 05:31PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Phil is in California, will take his private jet back tonight. Lands at 4:30am then has a 7:00am tee time. Guess he won't be winning this year.

I applaud him for going home for his daughter. Hope Willy did not place a wager on him to win.

JH

06-13-13 11:24AM
curlny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlny Click here to Send curlny a Private Message Find more posts by curlny Add curlny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlny
Hitting Paint

JH:
Good Karma is worth two strokes. I bet they won't be playing today anyway
CNY

06-13-13 12:55PM
curlny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlny Click here to Send curlny a Private Message Find more posts by curlny Add curlny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlny
Hitting Paint

Nice prediction, they resumed play. I will do Phil a favor.
I predict he has no chance this weekend.

JL
Now he's a lock...

06-13-13 03:54PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

To pass away a little summertime, give this YouTube video a look and listen. It's is to the song "Stop This Train" by John Mayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdhjOMDS7E

The stop-action film was done by the son of Mary Shields (Duluth curler...former Potomac curler). It must have taken lots of hours and, I'm guessing, 20,000 or more photos. He'll use this to get into an excellent creative college.

If my link doesn't work for you, google "stop action film stop this train".

Ben Tucker

06-14-13 08:44PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Have to root for Phil to finally win this event.

JH
13.5 hours of golf today. I saw most of it

06-16-13 07:40PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

WEnt out to play a round with Dad for Father's Day...

Shot a 78...

for 9....

Yeah...I suck at golf...

06-20-13 04:27PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

So, here is some scary sh*t. Seems that Tuck is heading to NYC again. Looking to ride the subway and visit the Armory in the Bronx. (there will be curling there in a few years) Hoping he leaves the sidearm at home. (undergunned)

Of course, I hear that he might be attending a Yankees game. I have recommended he sit in the right field bleachers. That would be the experience of a lifetime for a farmer from ND.

JH
Gee, we have hosted other curlers in the suite, maybe we should invite Tuck. Nah, the bleachers is much more of a Bronx experience.

PPS Tuck, wear a Royals jersey. The bleacher creatures love opposing team jerseys.

06-20-13 04:31PM
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

So...is there a good book on curling with chronic bursitis in your dominant shoulder and upper arm?

Apparently, my arm is just going to always hurt...not sure I'm thrilled by this diagnosis.

06-20-13 05:17PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

1200 mg of Ibuprofen prior to each game. If you can find a "vet" in your club all the better. I have a large vial of 1600mgs. One before the game, two after with a few barley pops to wash them down. Recover on Monday from a bonspiel.

Or head to Canada. 222 or 444, go the the counter and ask for them. Robax platinum are also wonderful.

JH
"222s please"
"how many?"
"can I get 200?"
"you are from the States aren't you?"

06-21-13 08:41AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Bypass your general practitioner and call a sports medicine practice yourself. Inflammation of your bursa sack can be easily treated with a cortisone injection. One injection = six months of blissful relief.

JH did set me up with Yankee tickets. Thanks.

06-21-13 10:33AM
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Well, here's the problem with that...

It's the sports medicine guy who has basically said "Get used to it".

And, I admit freely, he's fixed a good chunk of the issue (the "before" pictures were fairly House of Horrorish, this is just the last little nagging thing, and in 90% of my motion, no big deal...and if I had a "traditional" curling delivery, there'd likely be no issue...but since I stick....well...I'm screwed.

Suppose I could sign up for new new knees and then see if I could develop a traditional delivery....I've got 8 years before I can hit Seniors...might be enough time to figure this s**t out.

06-21-13 11:05AM
mr. lucky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr. lucky Find more posts by mr. lucky Add mr. lucky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr. lucky
Hitting Paint

Good luck Alan...seniors where even Ben-Gay is on USADA's banned list. I don't know how Gert passed.

06-21-13 11:07AM
mr. lucky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr. lucky Find more posts by mr. lucky Add mr. lucky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr. lucky
Hitting Paint

and save that Hammer broom. You'll feel out of place without it.

Last edited by mr. lucky on 06-21-13 at 01:53PM

06-22-13 11:33PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Tonight's (June 22) moon is sometimes called a supermoon. Not really all that special, but kinda cool.

Every month the full moon happens. (some months get two full moons...not that often...the second full moon is called a Blue Moon...hence the phrase: Once In A Blue Moon; meaning rare)

In a year, the moon gets closer then farther from earth. The super moon is the full moon that is closest to earth that calendar year. If you have clear skies tonight or tomorrow night, take a look.

Strangely, it is not a very good time to look at the moon with a telescope. A decent telescope doesn't really care about the relatively minor changes in the distance from the earth. Being close and full means very little for shadows on the moon's surface. Details pop better in a half moon when the shadows show the landscape much more clearly.

Ben Tucker

06-24-13 08:00AM
B Anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B Anderson Click here to Send B Anderson a Private Message Visit B Anderson's homepage! Find more posts by B Anderson Add B Anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B Anderson
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by jhcurl
1200 mg of Ibuprofen prior to each game. If you can find a "vet" in your club all the better. I have a large vial of 1600mgs. One before the game, two after with a few barley pops to wash them down. Recover on Monday from a bonspiel.

Or head to Canada. 222 or 444, go the the counter and ask for them. Robax platinum are also wonderful.

JH
"222s please"
"how many?"
"can I get 200?"
"you are from the States aren't you?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0q4oibfs9g

-BA

06-24-13 01:49PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Le Tour starts this weekend. Wiggins out with a bum knee. Frome takes over the lead on Team Sky. Sagan vs Cavendish will be interesting. BMC adds Tejay to help Evans in the mountains. Contador the doper is back. Andy Schleck is also back, wonder if he can regain his form.

The commercials on NBC Sports have been interesting. Lots of pictures of old time TDF and Wiggins/Cavendish/Sagan.

JH

06-25-13 03:02PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

New USCA website is up and running. Same URL but you might have to clear cache to see it.

JH
I would say more but this is rambling and I don't want to ban myself

06-25-13 03:13PM
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Formally "Released" from Physical Therapy today...

Not sure I'm not still hurting...but hooray Aetna...they say I'm done, since I have full (enough) range of motion.