Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-13-13 03:23AM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by TNH
Finally, disappointed that the USCA couldn't find athletic wear sponsors, or any sponsors!, so the best of US curling would look like athletic teams. Only Heaters team had names, numbers, and maybe a sponsor logo or two. Other teams were lucky to even have matching tee shirts. I'm not knocking the teams, it just seems in an Olympic year with national TV that the USCA exes could have found a way to outfit 9 teams and put the payers in a better light.

Just like in the Olympics, sponsors that are not the official Olympic Sponsors are not allowed. Teams can not show their own personal sponsors and even the current USCA sponsors were absent as well. This is what happens when you're an official "Olympic" event using the branding as the Olympic Team Trials.

When you look to Canada, the Canadian Curling Association brands their event as the Canadian Curling Trials and Roar of the Rings, which allow them and teams to profit from their sponsorships.

Both approaches work best for their associations, as the USCA needs the support of the USOC to help run their championships and the CCA can profit from the huge profile they've managed to build in Canada.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-13-13 07:44AM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

Interesting - hadn't thought of that. Thanks Gerry.

11-13-13 08:01AM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

Olympians

Good Luke to all

Last edited by Willy on 11-13-13 at 08:14AM

11-13-13 03:51PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Down to three teams on the Men's side at this point. Shuster, Fenson, George. Personally rooting for the non-HP team to take this home and prove a point.

JH
my opinion
still quacking but it sounds like a dying duck

11-13-13 05:26PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

is shuster the non HP team? im pulling for team george

11-13-13 06:57PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

not sure what HP team is - but am rooting for Schuster and Pottinger.

11-13-13 07:06PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Shuster would be the non-funded (non high performance) team. The USCA/USOC has invested into the other teams. On the women's side it would be Team C. George that is the non-HP team.

None of this is secret or not known, so if someone out there has a problem with me posting who I want to win, please call or email me. My info is available in the media guide on the USCA site. The name is Jeff Hannon.

11-13-13 08:06PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by jhcurl
Shuster would be the non-funded (non high performance) team. The USCA/USOC has invested into the other teams. On the women's side it would be Team C. George that is the non-HP team.

None of this is secret or not known, so if someone out there has a problem with me posting who I want to win, please call or email me. My info is available in the media guide on the USCA site. The name is Jeff Hannon.

All 9 Trials teams were funded under the High Performance program this season. Have this from a very reputable source.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

11-14-13 07:34AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

I realize all the teams were funded this season. Shuster and C. George were selected teams for the trials and have not been part of the HP program until this year. I will leave my thoughts at that since I am once again being scolded for having an opinion.

JH

11-14-13 08:26AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Pottinger in the playoffs. Brown loss and C. George win would mean a tiebreaker between those two.

Fenson, with one game left, clinches at least a tiebreaker. Shuster and T. George have two games left but play each other so only one of them can have three losses at the most.

JH
no opinions just the facts

11-14-13 12:47PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Brown and Pottinger in the playoffs. Shuster makes at least a TB. Stating the obvious, George needs a win and then would play the loser of the Fenson v Shuster game in the TB.

11-14-13 02:15PM
hit-n-roll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit-n-roll Click here to Send hit-n-roll a Private Message Visit hit-n-roll's homepage! Find more posts by hit-n-roll Add hit-n-roll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit-n-roll
Harvey Hacksmasher

I miss Sauce.

11-14-13 02:53PM
Dcasper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dcasper Click here to Send Dcasper a Private Message Find more posts by Dcasper Add Dcasper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dcasper
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by hit-n-roll
I miss Sauce.

This is why this forum needs a like button!

11-14-13 06:11PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Wow - bad game for George but kudos to McCormick rink for their effot.

Shuster vs Fenson to determine USA rep. Good game for Shuster today but not sure that a team is going to win at next level when they play hits over 80% of their shots as Shuster did today.

11-14-13 06:27PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

I agree on the 80% hit comment, but I will wait to see the three playoffs and how they are played to determine that. John is playing as well as anyone here and his other guys have been impressive as well.

11-14-13 08:58PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

whoever wins now I think the US is safe to qualify. If it had been any of the other 3 teams I think it would have been a bit more of a question. No disrespect to those 3 but I think that right now fensons and shuster are the strongest American teams..and I say that as a team George fan

11-14-13 09:37PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Agree that these are probably the top 2 USA teams, not so sure that they will qualify for Olympics. USA teams look good playing USA teams, but not so good at next level.

11-18-13 02:00PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
whoever wins now I think the US is safe to qualify. If it had been any of the other 3 teams I think it would have been a bit more of a question. No disrespect to those 3 but I think that right now fensons and shuster are the strongest American teams..and I say that as a team George fan

Well Shuster hadn't really done much until this season, at least 3 of the other teams are well known and proven.

I am glad Shuster made it, will be interesting to see how he does on the big stage, to try and qualify for the Olympics.

Surprised to see Brown make it again, thought it would be Pottinger.

11-18-13 08:27PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Brown chooses Pottinger as her fifth. Good choice!