Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-21-15 02:35PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

norway completely overwhelmed the netherlands. Kind of thought they would show a little better but the result cant be said to be a surprise

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-21-15 03:29PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im not sure what happened in that 10th end with finland v.s italy but on his last and down 3 mosaner was hitting to sit 4 and force kauste to make a play against 4.

no guards in play but it would have been scary to face 4 on your last shot. i guess mosaner flashed and finland got the win

11-21-15 03:42PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

switzerland just lost their 2nd in a row to russia. This is pretty big trouble for switzerland. They lost to 2 of the teams they were favored to beat.

scotland , however did rebound for the first game loss and get out of a tight one with the czech republic

11-21-15 03:46PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

favorite killer germany does it again with a good draw by baumann to get the win over sweden.

11-21-15 03:58PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

13-7 so far.

predictions for day 3:

women draw 3:

scotland def. finland - scotland should get this win. up and down as they may be this season and have been here in the first 2 games i cant see them losing this one.

switzerland def. hungary - switzerland have looked shaky here. hungary is stubborn . if the skip is on her game here this could be upset alert unless switzerland are playing well.

russia def. germany - russia havent looked great here and germany are stubborn but russia should win here.

sweden def. norway - sweden are the stronger side and should win here.

denmark def. estonia - estonia dont have much to bother denmark and this should be relatively routine.

men draw 3:

italy def. switzerland - switzerland are stuggling here and italy are no push overs. picking italy for the upset again. switzerland will go 0-3 and it will be time to really start to worry. not only about playoffs

norway def. finland - norway looking great here. form from the national has continued to this event. cant see finland stopping them given how both teams have looked here.

sweden def. scotland - sweden should rebound from the loss and get the win here.

netherlands def. russia - total toss up but im going with the netherlands here

germany def. czech republic - they have to be confident after knocking off switzerland and sweden. they should win this one

women draw 4:

norway def. estonia - i expect this to be ugly and momentum to shift many times but norway will edge it out in the end.

sweden def. germany - again, feel like this could be a toss up but sweden will win this one in a tight one

denmark def. hungary - denmark will prevail here. they look like one of the best teams here so far, playing well. shouldnt lose to hungary

switzerland def. finland - shaky as they might be here i still think switzerland will make enough shots to grind this one out

scotland def. russia - should be a good one, the matches between these 2 usually are. taking scotland to edge this one out

got to say Decruz being 0-2 is a huge surprise. we saw stjerne go down to B last year. might we see switzerland suffer a similar shocking fate?

Last edited by misty1 on 11-21-15 at 04:01PM

11-21-15 05:57PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

they moved to the olympic system of doping things in playoffs this year

Weird to do since worlds is still page playoff

11-21-15 10:17PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

CC just doesn't make enough shots. But she's obviously a tad more competitive than the suddenly lethargic and low-shooting Sigfriddson. Hasselborg is about equal to the 4th or 5th best team in Manitoba.

I don't think Sigfridsson can be counted out just yet. I think, they've taken the post-Olympic years a bit easy and just haven't been at their top level. I could see them getting back up there over the next couple years, probably a hair below the top teams, but close.

Ostlund's team certainly has potential, but the majority have been together for quite a while, with only one real year of success. This may be their breakout year without Norberg, we will have to see.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out for the Swedish women's Olympic team (and how they decide such a team). It's a relatively open three horse race which is very different from the men's situation.

11-22-15 08:43AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I do not understand this german skip's line of thinking at all in the final end against the czech republic. I really dont. the guy had center line guards up and had about 4 or 5 chances to draw around them but kept on putting up more guards which let the czech republic just hit, which they did. they made mistakes on peels, which still left guards up and still he didnt come in. finally , on his last there are no guards and the czech skip is allowed to hit for the win.

you force that czech skip to draw and he more than likely misses it since, in the game his draws were at 46 %. but the germans played it out so he'd have a hit in the end, which is ridiculous

just dont get that line of thinking at all. at one point he could have had 2 burried behind guards but he didnt draw in

11-22-15 10:14AM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

We've got two geeks on site this week, starting today:

https://games.curlinggeek.com/e/ecc2015

Expect a lot of Scotland and Slovenia games to be covered. Live now with Muirhead vs Sidorova

11-22-15 01:35PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

I don't think Sigfridsson can be counted out just yet. I think, they've taken the post-Olympic years a bit easy and just haven't been at their top level. I could see them getting back up there over the next couple years, probably a hair below the top teams, but close.

Ostlund's team certainly has potential, but the majority have been together for quite a while, with only one real year of success. This may be their breakout year without Norberg, we will have to see.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out for the Swedish women's Olympic team (and how they decide such a team). It's a relatively open three horse race which is very different from the men's situation.

Agreed.

The Wrana rink shows some potential too, but they aren't quite up there with Hasselborg yet.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

11-22-15 01:45PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:

If I was the Swedish federation I'd certainly consider merging up the former Sigfridson team with some of the current Ostlund team.

I'd certainly want to keep the mid-section of the Sigriddson lineup (current 2nd and 3rd) but wouldn't be averse to dropping Sigfridson completely (maybe retaining her as coach) and placing Pyrtz down to lead or 5th player (backup skip). Could also see Pyrtz being moved into the 3rd spot instead of Kraupp...... just really don't know if they have a true skip between the two teams. (Prytz has shown brilliance in last few years followed up by putrid stretches; Ostlund really hasn't developed into a killer in the shadows of other killers like Eve Muirhead, Jen Jones, Rachel Homan, even Ana Sidorova!
In other words there really seems to be a skip shortage in Swedish womens curling ranks - Prytz was the dominant 4th stone thrower until she started deteriorating!

I think chemistry and familiarity are often overlooked. The teams that do the best over time generally are the ones that maintain consistency roster-wise as much as possible. There are exceptions to the rule though.

Team Ostlund haven't really had a chance to prove themselves yet...they've been around, but this is their first event of this size/caliber together (as a whole unit).

Like Peteski said, Sigfridsson is down but not out, not just yet.

Breaking up two teams wouldn't make sense at this point.

11-22-15 01:47PM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Swiss Women are really struggling while Danish Women are doing the host country proud.

11-22-15 01:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D
Swiss Women are really struggling while Danish Women are doing the host country proud.

yeah, switzerland just are not looking good at all. as i suspected their confidence is on a low. making playoffs at this point is a doubt. its hard to know what is going with them. but it can be said for both sides really. DeCruz being in the position he's in even with a soft start is a shocker.

germany..well, as i said im just baffled with bauman's strategy in that 10th end. i was literally yelling "go behind the damn guards" . they started strong last year too though and then only won 1 more game so it will be interesting to see what they do this year. german women knocked off sweden, which was a huge wi n for them.

ulsrud and his team are just looking so far and away the best team here so far.

russia and denmark are 2 games clear of everyone else on the women's side.denmark has always done well in the europeans but faltered in playoffs. maybe this is the year they finallyu get a medal. i wouldnt be entirely surprised if they won it all given the way teams have looked so far

11-22-15 02:10PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

after 3 days: 22-14

Men draw 4:

netherlands def. czech republic - its really though to call but i think netherlands will squeak through

sweden def. russia - russia wont go down easy but sweden should get through

finland def. germany - finland beat this team i believe 3 times last tear to get to worlds and i think they will again

norway def. italy - norway have been scary good. italy havent shown anything to make me believe they'll win this one

scotland def. switzerland - both young teams struggling but scotland have looked better overall and their history with decruz will give them confidence

Women draw 5:

denmark def. sweden - denmark looking strong and sweden have looked weak. 2 wins over teams they have were against teams who didnt play well at all.

russia def. norway - would be a real shocker if this went the other way

switzerland def. estonia - switzerland are looking bad here. they arent getting any better and maybe worse. still they should have enough shots to take out estonia

scotland def. hungary - hungary gave denmark a good battle. they are stubborn and the skip can hold the team in games on her own but they just dont have the shot making ability to upset scotland

germany def. finland - very tight one here thats tough to call, they are even at every level. germany will edge this one out but if finland won it wouldnt surprise

Men draw 5:

russia def. germany - another close one but germany will mirror last year and go 2-3 after starting 2-0

scotland def. netherlands - should be a good one but scotland will tough it out

norway def. czech republic - norway will win this one comfortably

switzeland def. finland - another tough one to call but, backs esentially against the wall switzerland will come out firing and ride it to the win

sweden def. italy - italians stunned them at worlds but i dont see that happening again

11-22-15 10:51PM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

YouTube streaming starts tomorrow! And I have all week off from work

11-23-15 07:51AM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by southerncurler
YouTube streaming starts tomorrow! And I have all week off from work

Nice!

11-23-15 08:17AM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Denmark and Russia undefeated on the Women's side. They don't play each other until the last RR draw either. Looking at their remaining schedules, they should both qualify barring some disaster.

Whole other mess of teams are 2-2. Field is wide open, especially with no team looking unbeatable right now.

Switzerland and Sweden are going to need to step it up to qualify.

I think one way or another we're going to see at least one tiebreaker.

Norway is the only undefeated team on the men's side. Co-favorite Sweden is 3-1. They play each other in draw 7 on Wednesday. I think both of these teams will qualify outright.

Several 2-2 teams in this field, fairly wide-open as well.

Scotland really struggling it seems. They have had to play the two best teams though, and they've battled back when down, so we'll see if they can grind it out. They're not out by any means, but the pressure is on.

It's a marathon, not a sprint, and we're past the length of your average tour event now.

11-23-15 08:44AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

SWE - DEN on now.....

Women's Game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RefD40SF4nc

11-23-15 09:37AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

curlit is usually a very reliable source but this year its been way off

11-23-15 09:41AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Sweden vs. Denmark on TSN TV this a.m. First time I've had a chance to see Ostlund in extended action.

Putting it politely she's not very good. Actually, putrid.

Even the announcers (lower curling knowledge than our people) realize CC doesn't "pollute" the ice enough to make if difficult on opponents.

CC herself throws a decent rock (a bit of a heaver immo) but her on-ice attitude is a tad above absolutely indifferent.

Lena meanwhile looks like a Euro-Homan this a.m. Not her team, just her.

On another sheet 1-3 Norway is tormenting 4-0 Ana Sidorova in a game which probably doesn't effect Ana's march to the podium.

is this how you actually feel or is this just to get a reaction. i honestly have thought for a while now that most of what you post is just for reactions. like miley cryus and the crap she pulls to fet reactions/

i cant honestly believe that a curling fan would come on a curling forum and honestly insult teams like you have just now. its got to be just for reactions

11-23-15 10:36AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Ostlund

quote:
Sweden vs. Denmark on TSN TV this a.m. First time I've had a chance to see Ostlund in extended action.

Putting it politely she's not very good. Actually, putrid.

Even the announcers (lower curling knowledge than our people) realize CC doesn't "pollute" the ice enough to make if difficult on opponents.

CC herself throws a decent rock (a bit of a heaver immo) but her on-ice attitude is a tad above absolutely indifferent.

You are pretty harsh on so many curlers but.. besides that..

sounds like Ostlund isn't really becoming a powerhouse....but as you know most elite curlers have to play a real TON to achieve the top of their game.. Anette Norberg is a very very tough act to follow and esp when she had one of the best Thirds in history.. Eva Lund..

Just glad we see os many young curlers coming up now..

Go Cissi..

11-23-15 11:32AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Exclamation Skip for Two years...

Very good point.. and esp now Siggy is fading at skipping...

Prytz only threw fourth stones.. didnt / doesnt she..?

-----------------------

Cissi has only been skipping now for two years.. she needs time to develop her game..
she has a solid team in front of her

Last edited by HotRocks on 11-23-15 at 11:44AM

11-23-15 12:09PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Boot ee

quote:

btw - in Morris, Manitoba right now Jennifer Jones has sailed unbeaten thru a very good field (for a regional spiel, no Homan or Sweeting) and is putting the boots to a quality Manitoba team (Darcy Robertson) in her quarter-final match.

Darcy just stole two ends in a row..
..... oops and JJ scores 3... guess she woke up..

Last edited by HotRocks on 11-23-15 at 12:16PM

11-23-15 04:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Ostlund

quote:

I just put into writing what a ton of curling fans really think. If Misty thinks Ostlund is ready for heavy international action then Misty is delusional.

I was hard on Sidorova, too but she's 4-0 and decided to take the morning off. She's still a top team and an excellent skip.

btw - in Morris, Manitoba right now Jennifer Jones has sailed unbeaten thru a very good field (for a regional spiel, no Homan or Sweeting) and is putting the boots to a quality Manitoba team (Darcy Robertson) in her quarter-final match. Shannon Kleibrink, Cathy Overton-Clapham and Ali Flaxey still alive on the other side of the playoffs (as is Erika Brown)

I never said cici was ready right now to be a top level skip . What i did say was that i thought she could do well here because, aside from scotland, russia and switzerland if they are playing well none of these teams are out of her reach. She will be very good once she gets more experience but this is just her 2nd senior tournament skipping so cut hersome slack. she has played well on tour this year. It would be very stupid to write off cici based off one tournament.

I seriously doubt that you speak for anyone but your ignorant self. So do not come on here and pretend you do, no one wants you to.

Also. I have said it before and i will say it again. stop bring jenniffer and or rachel into every damn thread. There is no reason for it. This is a thread about EUROPEAN curling championship. If you want to talk about how jen is doing in dekalb then open a thread about that tournament.

11-23-15 04:06PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Anyway..

scotland has to be very concerned right now. really, its panic time. Its not only that they are losing its that most of the time its not even close. I did not see this coming, i thought smith would be there contending for a playoff spot.At this point he'll be fighting to get to worlds

that germany/russia game..we only saw the last 3 ends but that was giving me a headache. its clear that both teams can make a lot of shots but strategy is what gets them. I mentioned germany's strategy in the game against the czech republic. i have no idea why baumann went after that rock in the wings on his last in 9. However the russian decision not to peel the corner was just unreal. i cant think of many teams on the planet that wouldnt have ran out and peeled the corner guard.

switzerland rebounded a bit but got rolled by finland.

ulsrud is just looking scary. That was a fantastic performance by the whole team against the czech republic. i could count on 1 hand the number of mistakes the team made combined that game. wow