Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-26-17 11:14AM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Humpty's Champions Cup

We've got a volunteer on site for the early Wednesday draws. Follow along here: https://games.curlinggeek.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-29-17 01:34AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

So no comments about this big year ending event, ok.

So tomorrow's QF winners for the women: Sweeting, Tirinzoni Paets and Jones, I think Jones will take what should be the best match, but Homan is missing a player so that's another reason why I think Jones will win.

Men's TB's: Epping and Edin

Men's QF's: Jacobs and Koe.

04-29-17 11:39AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Whoa! By the score board in the tiebreaker... it looks like Edin and Laycock have been watching too much Mixed-doubles lately! Foursey with a three-ender follow-up. Who said 8 ends isn't enough to come back?

04-29-17 02:55PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

I appreciate Sportsnet for carrying curling. But I am not even remotely interested in watching Paetz and Sinclair in the main game when Homan and Jones are going head to head.

Why are a U.S. and Swiss team being featured when two of the best teams in Canadian curling history are playing each other? Whoever made the decision to go with Paetz and Sinclair should be relegated to tiddlywinks tournaments.

04-29-17 03:01PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end
I appreciate Sportsnet for carrying curling. But I am not even remotely interested in watching Paetz and Sinclair in the main game when Homan and Jones are going head to head.

Why are a U.S. and Swiss team being featured when two of the best teams in Canadian curling history are playing each other? Whoever made the decision to go with Paetz and Sinclair should be relegated to tiddlywinks tournaments.

They heard you, JJ vs Rachel being shown now

04-29-17 05:49PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

So my picks for the other 2 QF mens winners are: Gushue and Epping.

Women's SF winners are Homan and Hasselborg.

04-29-17 06:36PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

In the Quarterfinals and Semifinals, Sportsnet covers all the games. The choice of which game to start with is based on who has rocks in play in the first end.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-29-17 08:46PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

So Edin finally beats Gushue with a spectacular finish, good for them, up next though is another team that has their number, Koe, can they do it again, I will say no. Jacobs to beat Epping too.

04-30-17 06:27AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

The champions will be Homan and Jacobs.

04-30-17 07:58AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Happy to see men's gold will stay in Canada, and women's gold will also likely stay.

04-30-17 03:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

didnt gget to see it but from reading the report back anna didnt have many options for the force or steal on her last. congrats to rachel. as far as slam season goes im sure she wished for more

and congrats to sarah wilkes on winning her first slam!

04-30-17 04:33PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

She did. If her last rock curls a fraction more or she had couple feet less weight, she would have been shot and Homan would have had to try for one.

04-30-17 05:15PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

For a championship matchup, I thought it was one of the poorest played games I've seen. It appeared that neither wanted to win that game.

05-01-17 04:48AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
didnt gget to see it but from reading the report back anna didnt have many options for the force or steal on her last. congrats to rachel. as far as slam season goes im sure she wished for more

and congrats to sarah wilkes on winning her first slam!

I think Rachel is pretty fine with not winning as many big tour events this year since they won the TOH and Worlds.

What a great way to end the season, hopefully Homan and Jacobs are at the Olympics next year, when these teams are on no one can touch them.

05-01-17 07:52AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

I think Rachel is pretty fine with not winning as many big tour events this year since they won the TOH and Worlds.

What a great way to end the season, hopefully Homan and Jacobs are at the Olympics next year, when these teams are on no one can touch them.

im sure she's happy to have those 2 wins, yes. im just saying that for her standards the slam season was a little disappointing

05-01-17 10:39PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
im just saying that for her standards the slam season was a little disappointing

Well - I bet their psychoCoach got them to focus on peaking. I bet they met their goals on a lot of fronts and that the Slams were meant to be a practice forum with potential for revenue. Their head game improved. They got gold at the worlds. They need to peak again in December and then in February. Relaxing at slams might be their modus operandi - and a win is just a friendly bonus... with a spare, yet.

05-02-17 09:37AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelski

Well - I bet their psychoCoach got them to focus on peaking. I bet they met their goals on a lot of fronts and that the Slams were meant to be a practice forum with potential for revenue. Their head game improved. They got gold at the worlds. They need to peak again in December and then in February. Relaxing at slams might be their modus operandi - and a win is just a friendly bonus... with a spare, yet.

Truer words were never posted.

05-02-17 11:50AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelski

Exactly...Jones seemed to do the same thing before the 2014 games.