Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > World Curling Tour Redesign

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
09-01-17 11:40PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

World Curling Tour Redesign

Another done!

Another site updated and got it up today in time for the Mixed Doubles and Junior events going on.

Definitely some work to be done with it as it's probably 85% or so done, but I feel it's better than the original site in that everything is being covered now.

Definitely like to hear about your user experience on the site, and if you've run into any problems.

http://www.worldcurl.com/index.php

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

09-02-17 08:32AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

sayonara to the old red.blue.n.grey boxes. Kinda sentimental about that site. Been a long relationship. Was just there yesterday - looking at the schedule. It is a bit hard to differentiate from CZ now - for starters, but will get used to it. Will check the mobile next. No bugs so far.

09-02-17 09:23PM
OrangeKing is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OrangeKing Click here to Send OrangeKing a Private Message Find more posts by OrangeKing Add OrangeKing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OrangeKing
Knee-Slider

Visiting the site in Chrome, the team pages are largely broken. I imagine this is a known issue, but along with extremely limited information, they return a lot of error messages referencing various missing files and directories.

09-03-17 01:21PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

The right side of the draw score sheet (mainly the qualifier teams) does not show up. Tried reducing page to 50% but then it is quite unreadable,

09-21-17 01:11PM
Squiggsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squiggsy Click here to Send Squiggsy a Private Message Find more posts by Squiggsy Add Squiggsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squiggsy
Swing Artist

The mobile site is frustrating to use. On almost every new page/link I go to it drops me to the bottom, and I have to scroll up, whether I'm on my iPhone or iPad. It keeps showing me the latest tweets and the 16-20 women's OEM standings.

For standings, scores, etc. I can't scroll right to see what is cut off.

09-25-17 02:22PM
Squiggsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squiggsy Click here to Send Squiggsy a Private Message Find more posts by Squiggsy Add Squiggsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squiggsy
Swing Artist

There are a ton of things wrong with the new design. This should have been kept in hiding until most of it was figured out. Given that there hasn't been an update, I'm not sure anyone is working on it.

One thing that would be much better, is if the individual events updated their pages. Every one should have online registration, and every one should show who is registered. The Vernon events don't show a single team. We have no idea whether there are 4 teams or 24. These numbers matter, given that you need a minimum number of teams. The Medicine Hat event shows 5 men's teams and 10 women's teams. From talking with the organizer, they said there is a lot of interest. If there are more teams, then post them. This might not be a problem of the worldcurl.com site, and more an issue from the page operator. Either way, it needs to be corrected.

09-25-17 02:52PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

I second what Squiggsy said.

09-26-17 03:15PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

I see you have to download something now, but it does not seem to download. Perhaps it is not up and running yet?

09-27-17 09:06AM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

Any idea when this will be up and running yet?

10-12-17 12:10PM
Squiggsy
Swing Artist

Any progress when the site will get an update. It's infuriating trying to use it on my iPhone. Any idea when new pictures will be updated? I sent our team's photos in two months ago, and followed up one month ago, with no response.

It would be nice on the worldcurl.com site when you go to rankings, and click on a team, that it linked to that team's stats/standings. Instead it just brings you back to select which tour you'd like to see a team from.

For the OEM standings, it would be nice if when you clicked on a team there, that you could see where their points were from/calculated. Currently you have to come back to the curlingzone.com site to see this information. There is currently the ability to sort by YTD and Total, but it would be good to add in the capability to sort by team and location.

It would be nice if teams and draws were added to the events on a more timely basis. There are draws starting tomorrow that still aren't posted.