Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > GSOC- National Dec. 6-11 2016

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-10-16 03:28PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
worst end ever called - 8 missed yellow shots

Well the first 3 rocks were misses, and the last was a miss. The 4 in between were bad calls.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-10-16 08:26PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Manitoba teams making manitba fans proud and happy. Keep it up.

12-11-16 11:23AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

M.L. The Master Of Hyperbole.

Your curling heroine has been the best Canadian skip in the last 20 years, you say? Better check the facts as well as your math, fella, before you post garbage like this.

Are you even aware that Sandra Schmirler was still curling in the '90s? Like she won the World's in '97 as well as the Scott Tournament of Hearts and the Olympic trials, plus gold at the Olympics in 1998. By comparison, your heroine, sir, never won the Scotties until 2005.

Also, best that you check out Colleen Jones' record at the Scotties. She won her 6th in 2004 after also winning in 2001, 2002 and 2003. Would that by any chance, whatsoever, qualifier her to be perhaps the best Canadian skip of the early 2000's?

12-11-16 01:21PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

funny

Mike "Peter Griffin" Harris saying Wayne Middaugh is the best curler of all time when arguably the best curler of all time is sitting right beside him. A little chilly in the booth?

12-11-16 03:27PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: funny

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Mike "Peter Griffin" Harris saying Wayne Middaugh is the best curler of all time when arguably the best curler of all time is sitting right beside him. A little chilly in the booth?

Mike must have eaten some brownies baked by Snoop Dogg & Martha...

12-11-16 03:43PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

if you are speaking on an individual level and referring to talent alone than i might have to agree about wayne middaugh being best of all time.

12-11-16 04:00PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

yup

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
if you are speaking on an individual level and referring to talent alone than i might have to agree about wayne middaugh being best of all time.

me too. Didn't take him long to throw a rock. He could throw a high hard one with the best of them and a nice soft one the next shot. I also think that he did not overthink everything. Had a good mind for the game.

12-11-16 04:56PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

FRESCA. What in the world are you talking about? What's not caring about distant, past legends, Richard's 400 hits etc. Sandra's career being extended etc. etc. have to do with M.L's ORIGINAL statement? NOTHING!

And you 'side' with M.L. that Jones and Homan have been the stars over the last 10-15 years or 'what floats your boat'?

That's strange.

Since HE NEVER MADE THAT PARTICULAR STATEMENT, how could you possible agree with it? Do you frequently agree with non-existing statements?

And while your mulling that over, I'm sure everybody would be interested how you came up with the numbers you quote.

12-11-16 05:03PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Winning prize?

How much prize money do the winning teams take home?

12-11-16 05:05PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

They keep saying that Cathy O played Third for Muirhead when she won the Player's Championship. No - she played Second and Vicki played Third. Cathy held the broom when Eve threw her rocks.

12-11-16 05:06PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

Re: Winning prize?

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
How much prize money do the winning teams take home?

$30,000

12-11-16 05:12PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Is Cathy starting to call the shots?

12-11-16 05:33PM
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Well at least you've now got the grade 2 math correct.

20 takeaway 8 does equal 12. Congratulations.

But wait..... 2016 take away 12 years = What?

Isn't that the year Colleen won the Scotties for the 6th time?

No response is required. Go help your friend, Fresca, instead.

12-11-16 06:05PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

AJAY....do you not hear all the other players comment, suggest, call or just not a COC fan?

12-11-16 06:18PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

Too much "I want" in her suggestions as a guest third on a foreign rink, in my opinion.

12-11-16 06:57PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

congrats to team einarson. they really appear to be hitting their stride now after a really miserable first couple of months where they were barely winning matches.

if they can carry this form into provincials they'll be a tough out even for jones. however jones is still the favorite. i dont see anyone else giving jones or einarson a serious challenge right now. maybe if they have a bad game or 2 but thats it.

12-11-16 06:58PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

second commercial. Humptys.

Dear Humprey Humpty - do you actually think smelly bowling shoes, hockey gear , and stinky stuff would entice me to your restaurant for an omelet ??

I second that. There is absolutely nothing appealing about this ad, and I have no plans to ever enter a humpty's. sponsorship is one thing. Insulting the viewers is another.

12-12-16 01:45AM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

ughhhh, Humpty's.

I stopped for a coffee only as I hit the road, I probably could have done better with a little hot water and mud and from the parking lot.

And while I'm in the mood, perhaps just me, but why didn't someone on the production end remind Jennifer Jones that Continental----contains 2 T's ? rather than letting her go with "the Conninnenal Cup" ? in her "Join us in Vegas" promo.

12-12-16 05:30PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Since we are bashing advertisers, I think WFG is insulting every step-mother and child who do have a great relationship,

12-12-16 09:21PM
jzwanzig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jzwanzig Click here to Send jzwanzig a Private Message Find more posts by jzwanzig Add jzwanzig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzwanzig
Harvey Hacksmasher

During the men's final of the National, especially the last end, seemed to me that Braeden Moskowy was looking rather pointedly at one spot in the stands. Anyone else notice that? I wondered if he was being heckled or just trying to look into the distance rather than the ice (since at that point he was missing shots).

12-13-16 02:09PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jzwanzig
During the men's final of the National, especially the last end, seemed to me that Braeden Moskowy was looking rather pointedly at one spot in the stands. Anyone else notice that? I wondered if he was being heckled or just trying to look into the distance rather than the ice (since at that point he was missing shots). [/QUOTE

Now that I think about it you're absolutely right. He was looking rather pointedly at one spot in the stands. Perhaps he was being heckled because he really did rather poorly on his last couple of shots. He looked angry actually.