M: Crestwood U18 Juvenile Mens Bonspiel
: Crestwood U18 Juvenile Womens Bonspiel
W: Curl Mesabi Classic
M: Curl Mesabi Classic
W: BC Scotties Open Event #1
W: USA Junior National Qualifier 3
M: Farmers Edge SCT
Default (ET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Rating Top Euro Womens Teams

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-24-17 09:49AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Rating Top Euro Womens Teams

Obviously Hasselborg & Tirinzoni are cream of the euro-crop right now.

These teams are almost carbon copies of each other; very athletic and well-trained.

Biggest diff. obviously at skip where veteran TIrinzoni compares to youthful Anna H. Silvana has a bit more guile and is far more devious in strategy. Anna is far more straight-line, relying on athletic players - her biggest (perhaps only) downfall is perceived failure to close out important games. Anna the better thrower - but Silvana, based on experience gets the edge based on ability to close.

#3 Ladyhawke - Paetz
#4 Eve Muirhead
#5 Binia Feltscher

#6 to #10 could be all over the road. Should Anna Sidorova or Moisseva be slotted in at #6; where does the treacherous Andrea Schopp belong, if at all? Certainly room for the 4th Swiss team. Don't think the Danes have a team that's Top 10 Euro - but I could be wrong.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-24-17 11:12AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Muirhead just stole (against Tirinzoni) her way into the final against Hasselborg. Now *there* is irrepressible. I like that Kelly Shafer is the 5th for the Olympics for SCO - and Glennie is the coach. Cdn feel - but of course it's all GOcdaGO for the Olympics. Nice to see Gaspari in shape again - and challenging the best. Seems she took a bit of a break.

Last edited by nelski on 11-24-17 at 11:14AM

11-24-17 03:27PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Muirhead just stole (against Tirinzoni) her way into the final against Hasselborg. Now *there* is irrepressible. I like that Kelly Shafer is the 5th for the Olympics for SCO - and Glennie is the coach. Cdn feel - but of course it's all GOcdaGO for the Olympics. Nice to see Gaspari in shape again - and challenging the best. Seems she took a bit of a break.

When Diane Gaspari is in shape her team prolly cracks Top 10 Euro - she's been around and knows an awful lot about the game - pitfalls, etc.
No question Princess Eve is the best curler in Europe - don't think anyone can make a case for anyone else. Eve is just pure monster - when she's given the chance. Her incredible shot-making almost threw a wrench into Jennifer Jones medal hopes - Jones, via her standard bad rock placement gave Eve a massive opportunity for a double & roll to put Jones in jeopardy - Jones was full value when she drew the front half of the pin and put Eve into the bronze medal game.
Nobody strikes fear into opponents like Eve Muirhead - with all due respect to Rachel Homan. Homan might hit the arrow/broom most often but Eve is very intuitive and knows how to execute those incredible kill shots. If Hasselborg had 50% of Eve's last-rock super-powers she'd probably be odds on favourites to win Gold.

11-24-17 04:42PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

no way in hell tirinzoni is better than muirhead. eve's accomplishments dwarf tirinzoni's. one on one silvana can match skills with anyone out there but her team cant.

eve and anna are the 2 best teams in europe. they're dead even really. anna has the edge at leand and third but eve herself is a better shotmaker and vicki adams gives eve the edge at 2nd.

sidorova is strong, struggling this year but when she's on she's every bit as good as eve and anna.

tirinzoni, paetz and feltscher are all close. feltscher, i would say is the strongest of the 3 then tirinzoni, then paetz

those 6 take the top 6 positions. rounding out the to 10 i'd have flemming, moiseeva, kubeskova and gaspari or wrana

ranked like this:

muirhead
hasselborg
feltscher
sidorova
tirinzoni
paetz
moiseeva
flemming
wrana
gaspari/kubeskova

for men i'd rank them like this:

edin
decruz
ulsrud
smith
mouat
walstad
stjerne
brewster
mabergs
baumann

Last edited by misty1 on 11-24-17 at 04:54PM

11-24-17 06:12PM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

Will Anna even be at the Olympics this year? Russian Curling Fed announced she will play Mooseva in a best of 5 olympic show down after her poor European showing

11-24-17 06:58PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
no way in hell tirinzoni is better than muirhead. eve's accomplishments dwarf tirinzoni's. one on one silvana can match skills with anyone out there but her team cant.

eve and anna are the 2 best teams in europe. they're dead even really. anna has the edge at leand and third but eve herself is a better shotmaker and vicki adams gives eve the edge at 2nd.

sidorova is strong, struggling this year but when she's on she's every bit as good as eve and anna.

tirinzoni, paetz and feltscher are all close. feltscher, i would say is the strongest of the 3 then tirinzoni, then paetz

those 6 take the top 6 positions. rounding out the to 10 i'd have flemming, moiseeva, kubeskova and gaspari or wrana

ranked like this:

muirhead
hasselborg
feltscher
sidorova
tirinzoni
paetz
moiseeva
flemming
wrana
gaspari/kubeskova

for men i'd rank them like this:

edin
decruz
ulsrud
smith
mouat
walstad
stjerne
brewster
mabergs
baumann

Think more people will agree with me more re: Muirhead being ranked ahead of both Tirinzoni & Hasselborg. To most, there's quite a discrepancy in team between them. Eve doesn't quite have the horse-power under the hood that Silvana or Anna H. have. But she's a far superior shooter than Silvana and while about equal to Anna - she surpasses Anna based on last rock and ability to manufacture super-shots. That sole ability puts her team right in the thick of Euro's Top 3 - but I wouldn't place her team at #1 anymore!

11-24-17 08:04PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Think more people will agree with me more re: Muirhead being ranked ahead of both Tirinzoni & Hasselborg. To most, there's quite a discrepancy in team between them. Eve doesn't quite have the horse-power under the hood that Silvana or Anna H. have. But she's a far superior shooter than Silvana and while about equal to Anna - she surpasses Anna based on last rock and ability to manufacture super-shots. That sole ability puts her team right in the thick of Euro's Top 3 - but I wouldn't place her team at #1 anymore!

i really doubt that.

if tirinzoni is as good as you say she'd have won something by now or at least managed to medal somewhere

funny you pick apart eve's team but hers is stronger than tirinzoni's at every position. you pick on anna sloan but siegrist is pretty average and sloan can at least be counted on to bail eve out and make the shots. she's also better in the house. adams is leagues ahead of neuenschwander.

if eve and hasselborg are at their best they are simply better than anyone else in europe.its interchangable who's better. no one really dominates the other. sidorova and feltscher, not tirinzoni are their closest rivals

Last edited by misty1 on 11-24-17 at 08:12PM

11-24-17 11:30PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Nice to see Gaspari get the bronze. Maybe not enough luster for Tirinzoni, but i'd rather bet that Diana is pleased to put her Bronze beside her silver from 11 years ago, and her bronze at the world Juniors, 3 years before that. She is ba-yack!

11-25-17 07:56AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
Nice to see Gaspari get the bronze. Maybe not enough luster for Tirinzoni, but i'd rather bet that Diana is pleased to put her Bronze beside her silver from 11 years ago, and her bronze at the world Juniors, 3 years before that. She is ba-yack!

yeah, its great to see diana hit the podium again. they'll be confident for the olympic qualifier. hopefully they make it

and congrats to eve and the team on winning gold!. well done

11-26-17 03:07PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1 yeah, its great to see diana hit the podium again. they'll be confident for the olympic qualifier. hopefully they make it

Right - The Last Chance - here are the teams:
China Wang Bingyu
Czech Republic Anna
Kubešková
Denmark Madeleine Dupont
Finland Oona Kauste
Germany Daniela Jentsch
Italy Diana Gaspari
Latvia Iveta Staša-_aršūne
So, yes, Gaspari is on a role. Wang should be a favourite. I bet Latvia and Czec Rep will be in the mix too. Starts Dec 1

11-26-17 03:29PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im picking china and italy to qualify. czech republic as darkhorse