Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 9 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-06-17 06:41AM
yctomi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yctomi Click here to Send yctomi a Private Message Find more posts by yctomi Add yctomi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yctomi
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

Homan didn't even make the Scotties last year, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

I was referring to Homan's shocking loss to Jenn Hanna and not being able to make the scotties lol. Having a great season doesn't necessarily win u medals at worlds.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-06-17 06:55AM
yctomi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yctomi Click here to Send yctomi a Private Message Find more posts by yctomi Add yctomi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yctomi
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

yeah, i know but compare the 2

decruz has been superb, representing switzerland 5 times and medaling 5 times.

michel has represented switzerland in full team sport as skip 7 times and medaled twice. yes once was gold but most of his appearances as skip he finished either below or just at 500. he also has the worst ever performance for switzerland at an olympics.

to me decruz has far greater potential and i can see him winning a world championship at some point. michel ..i just dont see him winning aa worlds. he did well to win that euros but that i dont think he'll be winning much if anything else. i think he'll have a hard time getting out of switzerland anymore anyway with decruz, pfister and shwaller around.

Has Sven michel played a rink in the Swiss nationals? I cannot recall him being on the tour this year lol

04-06-17 09:01AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

You can also say if you don't look at the HTH then don't make predictions, what's the point. You could maybe say anything can happen, but still I'd give Edin only a 20% chance of beating Gushue at most, so the chances are small. The Swiss have a good HTH with Gushue, so they have a better chance.

So what if Walstad mostly played in Europe, according to how they do the rankings he still did better, you can't speculate on how he would do in NA.

Actually I've looked and I can't find Walstad's age, so I don't think you know it either, he's probably younger than what you say since he's pretty new.

whatever you say. im pretty much done with you on this prediction thing

you might have a point about walstad. but i still think dunstone is better. dunstone, at the age of 21 is only 1 spot below walstad. at that age walstad was not anywhere near as good

i actually heard vic say walstad's age when they were giving one of their updates on TSN. now, i couldnt remember what he said. so i went to the world curling federation website and they have him born in 1989, which means he's 28. one year older than de cruz

and he's not all that new. he's competed since 2008

04-06-17 09:05AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Actually the Korean mens team is better than the Dutch, German, Russian and Italian teams, Japanese team is only slightly better than Korea.

The Asian Women only have 2 spots still now.

the south korean men have never done anything of note at worlds.this is the first time there for the dutch, its to soon to say this is how they will always do. ill give you they are stronger than the germans and the russians but its debatable about the italians.

you are going to need to see more than just yusuke morozumi for japan doing well on the mens side for the asian teams beofre a serious argument can be made for including a 3rd asian team. you look at the results south korea has had and we arent missing a medal contending team here.

as a whole 99% of the asian mens team good results come from morozumi. no mens team has ever medaled either. on the day the mens teams actually start winning medals then we can have a serious discussion on this.

for now most of their best results and all of their medals come from the women and most of those come from just one team. bingyu wang

Last edited by misty1 on 04-06-17 at 09:34AM

04-06-17 09:08AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by yctomi

Has Sven michel played a rink in the Swiss nationals? I cannot recall him being on the tour this year lol

i dont recall him playing on tour but he was on florian meister''s team at swiss nationals. was surprised myself when i went on the website and there he was in the lineup playing second.

04-06-17 10:11AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose
It's nice to see lots of people in the seats - but that's only true for Canada's games. When the home team is not playing, or as soon as the Canada game finishes, the place is virtually empty - which is sad.

It would be nice to see more CURLING fans - not just team Canada fans.

I said the same thing about the women's worlds in China. I thought Canada would be different.

04-06-17 10:13AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Re: Re: just for a change of venue here ,presently in Guelph

quote:
Originally posted by freezetothehack

"Ed Hackner" .....too funny.

sorry curling fans my mistake no pun intended, I meant to say Al Hackner, and I can tell you the results ,Bill Hope rink (PEI) did beat Northern Ontario yesterday and gave the Hackner rink their first defeat, todays game with PEI men's playing the Blue Noser's from Nova Scotia later will decide if PEI should WIN GAME they would take their pool and be tied with N.Ont. but Islanders would be on top due to their win earlier priceless

04-06-17 10:47AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Pretty certain its gonna be Brad & Nik in the 1-2 game - and probably a re-match in the golden game!

However, if Nik stuns Brad in the 1-2 and Scotty Murdoch can emerge from the hobo-pile - there's a possibility the Scots stun Brad a second time and snuff him out of the gold rush!

But for right now I've never seen a Canadian team with such command of the shot-stacking game, ability to unlock quarries at the right time and make almost all their shots, including the ones that score points!

Percentage wise Edin isn't far below Gushue - pretty close I'd say with a better tour record; certainly more wins at worlds cuz he's almost an auto-berth for Sweden.

If Edin delivers an A+ game in the 1-2 and Brad falls to A- or less then Nik has a shot. However, you can easily tell that Brad and his band want this thing so bad they can taste it.

Why do I give Murdoch so much credit? Well, for now he's just another mid-card mope - but you know there's much more there behind all the moping. I think he'll insinuate himself into the 3-4 game and torque up his game to take out Shuster USA.

If Murdoch doesn't make playoffs - I don't want to see him again - give him a blazer, turn him into a Scottish curling executive - but DON'T LET HIM SKIP TOM BREWSTER'S TEAM ANYMORE. BREWSTER CAN ACQUIT HIMSELF QUITE NICELY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH...

Murdoch is irrelevant in this discussion.

04-06-17 01:52PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Bad nes for ya there, ML.'
GB is out.

Shuster's on a roll...

04-06-17 01:53PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

USA/Netherlands

In the last end in the USA Ned game, I'm sure that Tyler George was sweeping the last Ned stone before it got to the T line. Has a rule changed that I'm not aware of???? I think The Netherlands should protest this game.

04-06-17 02:00PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by AlanMacNeill
Bad nes for ya there, ML.'
GB is out.

Shuster's on a roll...

USA got away with one this morning. Japan loses and the playoffs are locked up with two draws left.

Good job by the team, the backend percentages are up there in the top 3. Need to come out strong against Sweden and make a statement this afternoon.

04-06-17 02:02PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: USA/Netherlands

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
In the last end in the USA Ned game, I'm sure that Tyler George was sweeping the last Ned stone before it got to the T line. Has a rule changed that I'm not aware of???? I think The Netherlands should protest this game.

Absolutely. He swept it from the top of the 4' to the t-line. If it was the other way around, Shuster would have lost his mind!!!

04-06-17 02:09PM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

Re: Re: USA/Netherlands

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Absolutely. He swept it from the top of the 4' to the t-line. If it was the other way around, Shuster would have lost his mind!!!

I didn't see video footage, but is it possible that the broom was not on the ice yet until it hit the tee, but he was making the sweeping motion in the air ready to hit the ice once it did? I've done that before, as a way to will the stone to get to the tee line so I can start sweeping.

04-06-17 02:36PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: USA/Netherlands

quote:
Originally posted by IMWright

I didn't see video footage, but is it possible that the broom was not on the ice yet until it hit the tee, but he was making the sweeping motion in the air ready to hit the ice once it did? I've done that before, as a way to will the stone to get to the tee line so I can start sweeping.

Absolutely not an air sweep. Tyler was sweeping his buns off. And, Guido is quite right. The other way around and the USA team would have been jumping up and down.

04-06-17 02:36PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: USA/Netherlands

quote:
Originally posted by guido

You're not "sweeping" until the broom hits the ice. You can wave the broom around above the ice all day if you want.

04-06-17 02:50PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: USA/Netherlands

quote:
Originally posted by AlanMacNeill

You're not "sweeping" until the broom hits the ice. You can wave the broom around above the ice all day if you want.

If its at all possible, watch the video footage. The broom was "definitely on the ice." Also, not a wave but a full out sweep.

04-06-17 03:23PM
JV_21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JV_21 Click here to Send JV_21 a Private Message Find more posts by JV_21 Add JV_21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JV_21
Harvey Hacksmasher

I did not see the video, but according to a Tyler George tweet he's apologized for sweeping the rock above the T.

https://twitter.com/tgeorge1323/sta...062339659497473

04-06-17 03:58PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im sure its just a coincidence that 2 years in a row now the US is involved in a controversy late in the event

also kind of boring now. we know the exact playoff picture. not only the 4 teams there but who will play in what game. once again the mens event lacks the drama of the womens.

04-06-17 03:59PM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Re: USA/Netherlands

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Absolutely not an air sweep. Tyler was sweeping his buns off. And, Guido is quite right. The other way around and the USA team would have been jumping up and down.

Probably so, but it would have been the USA's right to jump up and down and yell about it, as the other team could have done that to Tyler and if they had wanted to, have had the right to place the stone where they think it would have ended up. Since they didn't, can't really do anything about it.

04-06-17 04:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

also, i notice the canadian mixed doubles championship is running now. i also notice there's a scheduling conflict with the champions trophy. so, depending on who wins here the winner wont be going..again

and there's so many teams there with players on full teams committed to the champions trophy..how far down the list in the playoffs will they have to go to decide the team going to worlds.

i have to hope for one of those teams not committed to the champions trophy to win.

Last edited by misty1 on 04-06-17 at 04:09PM

04-06-17 04:03PM
Clappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clappy Click here to Send Clappy a Private Message Find more posts by Clappy Add Clappy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clappy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
im sure its just a coincidence that 2 years in a row now the US is involved in a controversy late in the event

also kind of boring now. we know the exact playoff picture. not only the 4 teams there but who will play in what game. once again the mens event lacks the drama of the womens.

It's not all decided. It's possible for Switzerland and Sweden to switch spots. Not likely though.

04-06-17 04:06PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Clappy

It's not all decided. It's possible for Switzerland and Sweden to switch spots. Not likely though.

sweden would need to drop both games today which is about as likely as me growing wings. not gonna happen. losing to the united states is possible but they arent losing to the netherlands.

its impossible for the united states to get into the 1 v.s 2 game and really unlikely for switzerland. canada is in the 1 v.s 2 game no matter what. its boring

04-06-17 04:11PM
Clappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clappy Click here to Send Clappy a Private Message Find more posts by Clappy Add Clappy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clappy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

sweden would need to drop both games today which is about as likely as me growing wings. not gonna happen. losing to the united states is possible but they arent losing to the netherlands.

its impossible for the united states to get into the 1 v.s 2 game and really unlikely for switzerland. canada is in the 1 v.s 2 game no matter what. its boring

but not completely decided...like you said.

04-06-17 04:13PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Clappy

but not completely decided...like you said.

okay, maybe not set in stone. but its a 99% likelihood. and its more than that. id like some sort of race to the end to decide the playoff teams. like the women.

it kind of bums me out knowing the final 4 teams with a full day of action to go. deciding playoff positions isnt as exciting as deciding who will be there

Last edited by misty1 on 04-06-17 at 04:16PM

04-06-17 06:41PM
curlinglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlinglove Find more posts by curlinglove Add curlinglove to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlinglove
Harvey Hacksmasher

Wow, Team USA is playing like champs.